GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

35. Birthdays

2.6K 90 19
By theginger412

The weekend after the was another Hogsmeade trip. Olivia told the twins she'd meet them at the Three Broomsticks.

She was walking through the village when she noticed a familiar looking black dog at the end of the road. She head towards it, following it to the edge of the village.

Finally it noticed her, and it stared at her. Olivia held her hand out to it, and slowly approached the dog. "Hey there doggy, you remember me?" She said in a sweet voice.

The black dog tilted its head down, and let her come close. "I remember you, you still look awfully hungry, ever since I came across you last time I keep food in my bag, in case." She said scratching behind the dogs ear. She kneeled down beside it, and reached into her bag.

Olivia pulled out an apple, and offered it to the dog. He bit into it and ate it up. She rubbed his head, "Good dog," she told him.

Behind Olivia she heard footsteps and seen Harry Ron and Hermione. "Ollie, what you doing here?" Asked Harry with a worried face.

"I seen this dog last year and wanted to check on it, what are you all doing here?" She said standing up and dusting herself off.

The dog looked at Harry and then back to Olivia, observing the two intensely. "We... uh just wanted to take a stroll." Harry answered.

"Oh well I'm suppose to meet Fred and George, see you all later?" She asked, gave the dog one last pay on the head and headed to the Three Broomsticks

"See you later!" said Harry watching her leave.

Olivia walked into the Three Broomsticks and found the twins sitting in a corner. The door dinged and Rita Skeeter walked in, looking ugly as ever.

Sitting down in the chair. "I can't stand that woman." Olivia said to the twins.

"We should do something about that don't you say George?" Said Fred with a mischievous grin.

"Why yes I do brother." Said George with a matching grin. "Make sure to have your camera ready Ollie." He said with a wink and went to the bar.

Olivia didn't ask what they was gonna do, she patiently waited. George returned to the table, and the three of them watched as Rosmerta carried a Canary cream to the reporter.

Rita put on a show of acting so pleased that someone would send her something. Rosmerta walked off back to the bar.

Rita Skeeter picked up the pie and took a huge bite. Olivia aimed her lens ready for the affects to happen. The awful woman bursted in a large yellow bird, and Olivia snapped pictures as fast as should could. Laughing so hard with the twins.

A minute later the reporter mottled her feathers and was back to normal looking a little disheveled. Looking frantically around the pub.

Olivia and the twins quickly hushed their laughter and acted as if they were in deep conversation, while sipping their butterbeer.

When the door slammed shut behind Rita Skeeter, the twins and Olivia high fived all around. "Oh I can't wait to show Harry and Hermione these photos. They'll love it, I'll have to make sure to send a copy to your dad too." Said Olivia.

Rosmerta approached the table, with a tray of butterbeers, "On the house, you all did the public a favor for messing with that awful woman. Ollie, send me a copy of that too if you don't mind." The bartender said with a wink to the girl after sitting down the drinks, she headed back to the bar.

The three toasted, "To good fortune and to hoping the mischief is always managed!" Said Olivia clinging her glass against the twins.

As fast as March came April came sooner. And April 1st was a big day, it was the day the twins was born and this year it was the day they came of age.

And the twins had a yearly tradition, to prank anyone and anything. So that morning in the Great Hall Olivia waited for the twins to show.

When they entered she let off dozens of Filibusters fireworks and charmed them out to say Happy Birthday George and Fred!

Everyone clapped to the display and wished the boys happy birthday as they took their seats on either side of Olivia. She kissed both their cheeks.

"My Boys! Happiest of Birthday wishes from your favorite girl!" Said Olivia pulling out two boxes and laying them in front of the boys.

"Now each box is a gift to you both, George open yours first." She told him, he lifted the lid, inside was a load of Zonkos supplies, they would probably go through the whole lot just in that day.

"Wow Thanks Ollie, this will be well used today I promise you that." He said and kissed her cheek.

"Now for the next gift for you both." Said Olivia. Fred opened the box and inside was a empty vial of pearly colored potion that still had a little bit of it left in it.

"Thanks Ollie..." said Fred picking it up, looking confused.

"Oh you won't be confused after I explain. Yours truly, brewed up some love potion and spilled some to Filch." She explained with a mischievous smile.

"No way! Who is he gonna be in love with?" Asked George.

"That's the best part, Peeves. So neither of them will be getting in the ways of your endless pranks today."

"You are amazing!!" Said Fred and he kissed her cheek.

Harry and Ron sat down across the table. "Harry I got something that make you feel somewhat better about those awful articles." Said Olivia

"I doubt it..." he mumbled, Olivia pulled out a few photos she printed off, and handed them over. "Oh my gosh Ollie, these are hilarious!!" He said leaning over to show Ron of the photos of the reporter turning into a giant yellow bird.

"Well Fred and George done all the work I just took the pictures." She said with a smile.

"Thank you guys! And happy birthday!" Said Harry.

"Oh yeah Happy Birthday!" Said Ron as if he just remembered.

"Thank you gentlemen." The twins chorused.

The twins took April Fools seriously, it was the day that they worshipped their creative minds and displayed it to everyone.

The day was full of pranks, starting with dungbomb attack in charms that let them out early. Then they somehow shrunk all the Slytherins cloaks 4 sizes too small.

They let a niffler loose in the trophy room. Made their transfiguration homework stick to McGonagall desk, with a permanent sticking charm. Gave peeves a bucket of water balloons to hit anyone that came through the entrance hall.

And finally, at dinner, Fred and George some how managed to talk the house elves into baking them a massive birthday cake for each house table that exploded when it was cut into.

Once every table had several students coated in cake, they stood up from their seats and took a bow. Needless to say their last birthday gift was a week of detention from McGonagall.

But what soon followed the twins birthday was Olivias.

Olivia walked into the Great Hall, not expecting anyone to really be in there that early. She had a habit of rising with the sun, no matter what she could never sleep in.

Fred and George waited for her at their spot, both holding a bouquet of daffodils for her. Olivia grinned at them and kissed their cheeks accepting the flowers. "Oh you boys are the sweetest!" She told them sitting down in her seat.

They placed a box in front of her, "Go on and open it Ollie!" Said Fred excitedly.

Olivia pulled off the lid and inside was a handmade knitted camera strap. It was red and yellow striped. "We got Mum to knit it for you but we picked the colors ourselves. Yellow for our hufflepuff and red for you gryffindors." Said George watching her stare at the gift.

"It's perfect, you two are so thoughtful! I'm gonna put it on right now." She told them pulling her camera out of her bag and replacing the strap.

George fixed her a cup of tea and gave it to her just in time as the owl post came in for the morning. A few parcels landed in front of Olivia.

She reached for one and opened it, it was a set of new paintbrushes from Dumbledore. The next was photo album for her pictures from McGonagall.

The last parcel was very small, Olivia looked to see who it was from before she opened it but didn't find one. She opened the tiny box and found a dainty gold necklace with a sun pendant on it.

"Who's that one from Ollie?" asked Fred through a mouthful of porridge, Olivia handed him a napkin.

"I don't know, it didn't have a name. It's awfully pretty thought." She said taking the necklace out of the box. "George will you latch it for me?" She asked putting the necklace around her neck and turning her back to him, so he could latch it together.

"I wonder who got it for me. And why they picked a sun pendant." She said aloud more to herself.

"It suits you though." Said George, looking at her fingering the chain of the new jewelry.

Across the hall at the Slytherin table sat a quiet Draco. He watched the ginger open his gift and put it on. He knew she wouldn't wear it if she knew that it was from him. But for some reason, Draco thought she deserved it.

A special gift for his only true friend, even if she didn't consider them friends, to him Olivia was the only true person to give him a chance before he missed it up with his righteous attitude.

And as he watched her wearing the sun pendant necklace, he knew he made the right choice. Because a girl like her, that burned brighter than the sun, deserved to be reminded that people can't help by gravitate to her kindness.

Olivia had a wonderful birthday, people in the halls would tell her birthday wishes, the twins carried her things to her classes for her, and the golden trio gave her cards.

At the end of the day before dinner, Olivia visited Snapes office. She came in and ate in the chair in front of his desk, that he sat behind.

"Here's your gift." Said Snape handing her a box. Olivia took it and unwrapped the paper.

Inside was a golden watch with a galaxy face, and on the clocks face was the dazzling constellation for Aries. It's sparked and moved, a shooting star would fall passed every now and then. It was beautiful.

"When a wizard or witch comes of age, it's tradition to get them a watch." Snape explained, Olivia could tell he was trying to write off the gift as just a typical thing to get someone of 17. But she knew better, because he had picked one out especially for her, one that represented who she was.

"It's perfect... thank you so much." said Olivia taking the watch out and putting it on her left wrist. She looked back at the man with watery eyes, and stood to hug him. He reluctantly accepted the embrace but pulled away a second later. "Thank you for everything... not just the watch but for just taking care of me." She said sweetly.

Olivia headed to the door, "See you at dinner." She told him and left.

In the great hall, Olivia walked in and joined the lions table. She filled herself up on potatoes and chicken, and when dessert rolled around she had a surprise.

The first course cleared the table and when dessert arrived there was yellow cake just in front of Olivia. A cake just for her with a lit candles on top, she smiled at the sweet and then looked at the staff table.

Dumbledore gave her a smile and McGonagall gave her a wave. She grinned back at the adults, but before she could blow her candle out the twins stood up on their seats and sung her happy birthday.

She laughed threw the whole song and smiled ear to ear. A few others joined in to sing, and when the song was over she closed her eyes and thought of a wish.

I wish I feel loved everyday like I did today.

Olivia blew out at the flame and it went out, leave a trace of smoke behind. Her the people she loved and cared for cheered for her.

Snape watched from his seat at the staff table. He watched as the crowd around sang for the girl. How they smiled when she smiled, and laughed when she laughed. Olivia was the center for theses peoples world.

She was the sun. And anyone around her became a flower, that just wanted to lean into her warmth, to feel her radiate happiness and kindness onto you.

Everyone rotates around her, and she doesn't even realize it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
3.6K 179 33
Adrienne Potter doesn't remember her birth parents. They died at the hands of the most feared dark wizard in the magical word of the time. She grew u...
227K 4.9K 70
πƒπŽπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 π˜πŽπ” πƒπŽ π“πŽ πŒπ„? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, πŽπ‘ ππ‹πŽπŽπƒπ˜ π“π‡πˆππŠ π’π“π‘π€πˆπ†π‡π“. 𝐌𝐘 πŒπˆππƒ...
97.3K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...