Resilience

Par iiswatiii

[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli... Plus

• Synopsis •
Characters
01| Endless Pain and Untamed Thoughts
02| This is why I don't socialise
03| All Alone with Bunch of Lies
04| A Big Reveal
05| Kneel Down to Talk to Me
06| You've Got yourself a Deal
07| I'm your New House Mate
08| A visit from my monsters
09| I'm a Mafia Princess...That's Hilarious
10| Good thing I didn't ask for your opinion
11| I'm an 80-year-old Shopholic
12| Was that supposed to scare me?
✌🏻✌🏻
13| Who Hurt Her?
14| I Found Her
15| Shut Up...Just Shut Up
16| I Think I Need Help
17| I'm a Terrible Father
18| She ran away...Again?
19| I am your Brother
20| I'm the Lord, I'm the Devil
21| Pieces From the Past
A/N- Please Read
22| Don't let go of my Hand
23| Did he call me an Insect?
24| Enchanting Grey Eyes
25| Faster Faster Faster
26| Condoms cost about a dollar or two
27| First Impressions
Extended Family
28| Periods, Pains, and Ice-creams
29| I'm not your Business Partner
30| I will call the Police
31| Fuck my Fates
32| It Hurts my Heart
33| The one who Broke her
34| The Memories of 'Him'
36| Poison?
37| A Match of Life 'n' Death
38| Fist-Fight
39| Brothers?
40| Wrongfully accused
41| Hurt and Panics
42| Who Hurt Him?
43| Sniper?
44| Brothers on Sale
45| Pillow fight and bad news
46| Someone poisoned my grandpa?
47| No grandpa can't die
48| Don't touch me
49| The Mafia-Princess
50| Before Kidnapping
51| I have a Plan
52| Chaos
53| Why are they mad?
54| Trust?
55| Born in Mafia
56| Kyson
57| Just our thing
Friends
58| Rhett Hayes
59| Aaron Marino
60| I like you
61| Kiss and trouble
62| Beaten and Bruised
63| Bryn
64| I'd call him Daddy
65| Betrayal and His truth
66| Chocolate Cupcake
67| It's a Universal Thing
68| Snapchat
69| The Vampire Diaries
70| Italy
71| The Trials
72| I made out with Rhett
73| I had Sex
74| Attack
75| She was supposed to be dead
76| I pity you
77| A pen-drive
78| We failed them
79| The End?
R E V E N A N T
A/N ✏️
NEW PROJECTS

35| A Gun-shot

51.5K 1.6K 900
Par iiswatiii

ARABELLA'S POV

Max and I made our way downstairs, he was telling me about my blood test reports that got back.

And it turns out I'm fine, at least that's good news.

When we reached the kitchen, everyone was already there. The kitchen looked like nothing of the sort happened last night.

Everything was in place and not a single piece of evidence of wreckage was there.

Wow, they cleaned it overnight.

I feel terrible for the maids who have to clean up the horrible mess I've left behind.

I mentally made a note to apologise to them later.

When my family saw me, they all greeted me with a good morning and a smile, which I reciprocated.

Nobody had brought up anything about last night, no one has asked me any questions as of yet. Everyone was acting as if the incident never occurred.

However, the air remained extremely tense, almost suffocating.

I didn't know what they were thinking about me, and whatever happened was embarrassing especially since I had met most of them only yesterday.

No matter what, I couldn't ignore the elephant in the room for much longer, and I had to tell them soon, since they deserved to know, especially with the threat Danish had sent.

And I wasn't even sure whether Kyson had informed them or not.

I made my way to sit between Noah and Lucca.

They both smiled at me, and Noah kissed the side of my head, evoking grumbles from the rest of the guys, who said that they wanted to do the same, making me chuckle.

I was distressed not even a minute ago, and they managed to make me laugh.

I'm really blessed and extremely fortunate to have them.

"Oh hush you guys, I'm her favourite." Noah said to everyone, smugly wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"No you're not even in the top ten, my favourite person is unquestionably Dad." I replied, shrugging his arm off me while smirking.

He frowned at me, making everyone laugh, and Dad looked smug.

"Likewise princess." Dad replied again, getting groans from my siblings, causing the rest of us to laugh.

"She definitely wants something from you." Mason said in a mock warning to Dad causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"When did I say she couldn't have anything she wanted?" Dad asked Mason with a raised eyebrow.

"Why do I even bother?" Mason grunted, causing me to laugh yet again.

"So Arabella, we ladies have decided to go out for a girls day out today, are you in?" Aunty Rosa asked hopefully.

"YES!!" I eagerly shouted.

I've never had a girls day out before, and I am really excited to know what happens. I think I also needed a day away from everything that was going around.

Everyone looked at me, startled by my outburst, probably didn't expect me to shout.

"Sorry, I just got little excited." I said embarrassed, causing everyone to laugh.

"I'm also coming." Noah said, earning a "me too" from Mason, Gianni, Giovanni, Silvio and Dominic

Kyson and Lucca looked at them in disbelief, the older guys looked amused but the ladies simply ignored them, as they went back to eating.

"Are you all girls?" Lucca inquired, earning a glare from the guys and chuckles from the rest.

"Shut up, all we want to do is spend our day with our only sister." Gianni and Giovanni replied together, earning nods from the rest.

"Inoltre sarà sicuro" Dominic said, making the ladies think. (Also it will be safe)

"I know Italian dumbass" I muttered to him, causing his eyes to widen in guilt.

"Language." Elijah scolded and I gave him a sheepish smile as I held my hands up in surrender.

"Fine, if Arabella agrees, we'll take you." Grandma said, looking at me.

"I don't mind, as long as they do everything we do." I replied, earning a round of protest from the guys, as I shrugged my shoulders.

It's a win-win

"Yeah, I forgot to mention, she's just as crazy as Alexander when it comes to making a deal, she literally set out rules for Dad on their first meeting." Noah said, informing everyone about my deal with Dad.

Everyone looked shocked but I could see a glimmer of pride in everyone's eyes, including Grandpa who was happily grinning and openly holding a proud expression.

We then all began eating our breakfast, and I could occasionally feel eyes on me but didn't bother to look up.

I know they wanted answers, but I can't give any, at least not today.

"So where are we going?" Noah asked.

This piqued my interest, and I immediately looked up at my aunties.

"We were planning on going to a salon first and then shopping. Is that okay Arabella?" Grandma asked gently, and I nodded my head in excitement.

"Yes, I can't wait, when are we leaving?" I asked.

"After breakfast." Aunty Isabella replied.

"Okay." I replied and almost instantly began gobbling down my breakfast as quickly as I could.

"Slow down princess. Nobody's going to leave you behind." Max said with a chuckle causing everyone to look at me amused, and I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"With Mason here, I'm not taking any chances." I said as I pointed my fork at a smirking idiot of my brother.

After we were done with the breakfast the ladies and the guys made their way into the cars to the salon.

The first thing we did was get a mani-pedi, which even the guys joined us, and of course Mason and Gianni threw a fit about not getting one, but one look from grandma and they both caved.

I mean what was the entire fucking point of bringing them with us if they can't even hold their end of deal.

Anyway, the grooming session was very relaxing, and I was definitely planning on getting it again.

After that we ladies got our nails done while the guys put on their face masks. I quickly snapped their photos and texted them to the rest of the guys back home.

Once I was done with my nails, I went over to Mason and sat on the chair beside him, getting my own face cleansing.

"So you seem to be loving it so far." I said jokingly, earning an eye roll in response from Mason.

"Shut up." Mason grunted, making me chuckle.

"I'm going to get a haircut next. Should I change my hair colour?" I asked him, seeking his advice because I was really debating on whether or not to get a new hair colour.

"I don't think you should because your natural colour looks good on you, but if you really want to then go ahead." Mason replied.

So, I decided to listen to my big brother for once, and agreed on not getting one.

After we were all done at the salon, we made our way to the mall. Going to the salon turns out to be a good stress reliever.

Inside the mall, we went to different stores and everyone was engrossed in shopping.

I was with Kyson and Lucca, staying far away from Noah.

And it turns out Dominic, Silvio and Giovanni are just as crazy as him. Mason and Gianni were, however, nowhere to be seen and the ladies were also shopping around.

After a couple hours of shopping, we all made our way to the food court, because our stomachs obviously needed food.

But I was a little hesitant to go since the last time didn't work out well for me.

Kyson must have noticed my hesitation, since he smiled comfortingly at me while giving my hand a squeeze of reassurance.

It was just me and Kyson, the rest of the group was in front of us, so I asked him what I was dying to know.

"Did you tell them about last night?" I questioned him shyly.

"No, it wasn't my place to say anything. But you need to inform them soon, Arabella." He said staring right into my eyes and I just sighed knowing he was right.

"I'll do it, just not today." I replied.

When we reached our table, everyone was already seated and food had been placed on the table. I sat down between Kyson and Mason.

I must have been really exhausted and hungry from all the shopping that I, right away, began eating.

Everyone else was engrossed in their own conversations, while I was preoccupied with filling my hungry stomach.

Mason and Gianni got into an arm wrestling match shortly after we finished eating.

The other guys were cheering for them, and even the ladies joined in.

It was hilarious because they were both playing dirty and then whining and re-doing the match, getting all worked up and competitive for nothing.

Kyson was filming the whole thing.

I told Kyson that I was going to go get a bottle of water, and he nodded absentmindedly.

After asking everyone if they wanted anything and getting a negative reply, I made my way to the counter.

I bought the bottle of water and opened the cap right away and began drinking. Just as I turned around, I bumped into someone splashing water on both of us.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you." I said apologetically, as I hurriedly took some napkins off the counter and wiped the stranger's shirt that I managed to make dripping wet, while still haven't seen his face.

I heard a chuckle, which sounded familiar and I looked up to see those beautiful grey eyes that I had seen at my new school.

"We really need to stop meeting like this." Aaron said and I almost froze in awe.

His voice...

It sounded low and husky, and the way he was smiling at me with an unreadable expression on his face made my stomach jittery in nervousness.

But I didn't get any creepy vibes from him, instead I felt like there were butterflies flying in my stomach, creating ruckus.

My eyes didn't stop staring at his enticing grey ones.

But I quickly pried my eyes off him and realised my hands were still on his shirt, causing me to take an instant step back.

"Are you okay?" He asked again and I simply nodded my head, not trusting my voice.

"I'm Aaron, we bumped into each other at school." He said and I just nodded my head again, making him chuckle.

"I remember." I replied, a small smile on my face.

"Are you not going to tell me your name?" He asked feigning hurt, and I gave him an unamused look.

"I'm Queen Victoria." I replied mockingly, knowing fully well he was purposely teasing me.

"My apologies my queen, it was a great pleasure to meet you, your majesty." He said in a fake British accent, while bowing down, elicited a heart felt chuckle from me.

I decided to play along, but before I could respond, a loud sound resonated throughout the entire court followed by screams of distress and panic.

It was a Gun-shot.

As soon as we heard the sound of gunshot, Aaron quickly pulled me with him and hurled us under a table, his body pressed against me as if shielding me.

I could hear my brothers' panicked voices calling out to me. But then we heard another gunshot, followed by a person's loud voice.

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP. I'M NOT GOING TO KILL ANYONE. I'M JUST A MESSENGER. THIS IS FOR ONE AND ONLY AMERICAN - ITALIAN PRINCESS. THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU SOON, AND YOUR FAMILY WON'T BE ABLE TO PROTECT YOU." He said.

Princess? Who is coming after whom? Who are these people? What is happening?

I hope the girl stays safe.

"Who's the princess?" I asked Aaron softly.

"I don't know, cariño. Are you okay though?" He asked, his mouth close to my ear because I was still in his arms.
(It's Spanish for 'sweetheart')

"I'm fine, thanks for helping me, again." I said expressing my gratitude, my cheeks flushed from that blush that coated it from the closeness Aaron and I shared.

I was brought out of my trance when I heard the sound of someone choking.

I looked up to see the person who shouted earlier, was the one choking for air, and a white foam like substance was coming out of his mouth.

A bottle that he had previously attached to his mouth, fell out of his hand and onto the floor, spilling the remaining liquid inside.

My eyes were wide open staring at him in shock and panic, Aaron quickly brought my face into his chest to cover my eyes.

I can't believe this, did he just killed himself?

"ARABELLA" I heard my name being shouted again.

"I think your family is looking for you." Aaron said and I nodded my head at him.

They are going to kill me

"Yeah, I should go, they are probably really worried." I replied, getting out of his hold.

When we got out from under the table, I noticed my brothers looking around and calling out for me.

My grandma and aunties were also worriedly looking around in panic. They all looked extremely alarmed and scared which prompted me to quickly rush over to them.

As soon as Mason saw me, he rushed towards me pulling me in his arms. And soon I felt dozens more arms wrap around us.

When we all separated from each other, the guys began bombarding me with their questions.

"Are you okay?"
"Are you hurt?"
"Where the fuck were you?"
"You scared us."
"Where the hell did you go?"
"Why the fuck did you leave?"

"Shut up everyone. Are you okay principessa? We were all so scared." Grandma said, pulling me into her arms.

"I'm fine grandma, nothing happened. I had quickly ducked under the table as soon as I heard the gunshot" I replied purposely leaving Aaron out, not wanting the guys to get even more mad.

"Let's just head home." Aunty Rosa said, and we all made our way out.

As I turned around, there was Aaron staring right back at me, and next to him stood a guy who was grinning at me, but it wasn't a creepy one, it was more like a teasing one.

Definitely one of Aaron's friends

I quickly waved Aaron a good bye making sure neither brother of mine saw the exchange.

He smiled at me and waved his hand back.

The guy next to him also waved at me, but his entire arm extended out, moving way too fast in a rainbow like motion and his grin didn't flatter, infact, it somehow just grew bigger.

I chuckled at his reaction as I sent a small wave back, before quickly turning around following my brothers out.

It was an almost nice day...

But who was this princess??

✏️ Word Count: 2470

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

420K 10.1K 36
The Giovanni's are the Italian Mafia. It is the most powerful mafia. For 8 generations the family have been trying to have a princess in the family b...
485K 9.5K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...
1.1M 29.4K 63
"You know, I always thought that this situation would play out differently." I said and their heads snapped up. Their jaws dropped and I gave them a...
37.8K 986 26
Aurora Rose Romano a 16 year old girl kidnapped from her own mother at the young age of 5. Since then she only knows pain, pain that she receives fro...