GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

31. Her Flame

2.8K 91 20
By theginger412

Snape stood there.

Snape stood there, as Minerva sobbed next to him. He stood there as the shrieks and cries of the audience roared around him. He stood there as Dumbledores own faced registered grief.

Snape stood there as his whole world came crashing down.

Charlie Weasley, stopped fighting. He stopped trying to get free of the hold the trainers had on him. The ringing in his ears continued, as he fell to his knees.

Fred had a hard time standing, Ron supposed him up. He stood there with his mouth opened in horror. His eyes searching the flames for Olivia.

George was shouting next to him, Lee Jordan held him back. He kept yelling her name. Over and over. Tears running down his face. All he could say was her name.

It happened as if time stood still.

Olivia was laying on the stone ground of the enclosure one second, and then the next she watched as the Vipertooth dragon, roared its fiery breath directly at her. There was no running away, there was no time to scream for help, all she could do was ball her body into itself and wait for the impact.

Olivia laid curled up on her side, knowing the flames would melt her. She waited. And waited.

But the heat never came.

Olivia rolled over, and to her surprise there was flames all around her, but they did not hurt her.

Olivia reached for the fire, and it danced around her skin, as if it had found it's home. She looked around, the flames had engulfed her whole body, burning away her clothes.

Her skin embraced the fire, cracking to reveal underneath the skin flames of her own. Olivia stood, and watched at her braid gave way, and her hair blended into the flames too.

She could feel her heart pounding, beating harder and harder, no she realized, her heart was singing. Singing to the melody of the flame.

Time had stood still, as Olivia was reborn into a life of flames. The fire cloaked her body, as if they were the only clothes she'd ever need. Wrapping around her curves.

In the stands, Snape stared at the fiery pit. He watched as the dragon stopped breathing fire. He watched as the red and orange of the flames faded away, until there was only a ring of it left.

The audiences cries had stopped. Silence covered every person who watched. Their eyes on the ring of fire, and in its center, was the roaring flame herself.

Olivia stood there in the ring, draped with the inferno. Staring at the flare of embers drifting from her hand. Her hair a blaze in the wind.

Snape didn't know what to do. The sight of her had glued his feet to their spot.

Charlie didn't believe what he saw. On his knees, he marveled at the girl he seen.

Fred had finally seen her through the flames, or that she was the flame.

George didn't call her name. He didn't speak a word. He stood and watched his best friend emerge from the ashes.

The Peruvian Vipertooth, still in its protective stance, eyed Olivia. And Olivia stared right back at the beast. The dragon slowly approached her, it was a couple feet away. Then unexpectedly, the dragon bowed before Olivia, resting its head at her feet with its eyes closed.

Olivia was unsure of what it meant. But she had no fear, her veins were full of fire, and she felt as if the sun had always belonged to her. She reached her hand out, and laid it between the eyes of the dragon.

The dragons eyes opened instantly, and together they were connected. Olivia didn't know how but she knew, that the Vipertooth dragons, were rooted in her.

As time had once stood still, it began again. And Olivia collapsed to the ground, the flames faded way.

Charlie ran for her. He didn't care that the dragon was there, he knew he had to get to her. He took off his cloak and threw it over Olivias body, and scooped her into his arms.

The other trainers had surrounded the dragon, and stunned it. Charlie ran to the medical tent, Olivia felt like hot coals against his chest. Her skin burned through his shirt, and he could feel his skin singeing.

Madam Pomfrey was ready for her when he got to the tent. "Put her in the ice bath, she's smoking." The mediwitch said urgently.

Snape, McGonagall, and Dumbledore rushed in. Once Charlie had put her in the tub, Madam Pomfrey pushed him out of the way, blocking her and Olivia out of sight with a curtain.

The teachers were astonished. Snape made to go to Olivia, but Minerva stopped him. "Severus, no, you can't, she is not dressed." She told him.

Snape looked at her with begging eyes. "I'll go be with her. I'll make sure she is not alone." Minerva reassured him, and vanished behind the curtain.

Snape paced back and forth, Charlie stood there, burnt himself, not sure of what to do.

Dumbledore, approached him, "Mr.Weasley you seemed to be badly burned, let's get one of the other mediwizards to get you fixed up." said Dumbledore

"I'll be fine, I just want to make sure she's okay." Charlie told him.

"Im afraid that we will be waiting for some time, if you don't want to get checked out, I am sure that your brothers could use your company." said Dumbledore

"Okay... if you..." started Charlie

"I will be sure to let you and your brothers know when I find out." said Dumbledore

Charlie nodded at him and left the tent.

Snape watched him leave. "Headmaster, are his burns-" he began to ask.

"From Olivia." Dumbledore finished, with a look of curiosity.

Outside the tent he found the rest of the Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry. At the sight of Charlie they rushed to him all asking questions at the same time.

Raising his hands, "We don't know anything yet, Professor Dumbledore is suppose to tell me when he does. All I know is that they have her in a ice bath, then Madame Pomfrey kicked me out." He told him.

They all stopped asking questions and stood there. After a minute or so, Ginny spoke, "Charlie, how did you get burnt? We all seen you, you was fine when picked up Ollie, and they had stunned the dragon, too."

"Uh... It was Ollie, when I was carrying her, she burnt me." He said sheepishly

"What you mean she burnt you?" asked Hermione with a questioning look.

"Her skin was so hot that she was literally smoking, just by holding her, she burnt through my clothes and everything." He explained. The group just looked at him confused, just as confused as he was feeling.

Dumbledore came out of the tent and went over to them, "She's going to be fine. Madame Pomfrey was able to help her, and she will be staying in the hospital wing, they are taking her there now. After they get Ollie settled in you may come and visit her. For now, go back to the castle yourselves." He said.

The group had a rush of relief, the twins hugged each other and smiles on everyone's faces. Hermione spoke first, "Professor, what happened to her? She shouldn't have survived the fire. How is it possible?"

"That Miss Granger, is still a mystery, I'm afraid. The important thing is Ollie is okay." He told her.

The group left to go back to the castle, Charlie went into the medical tent and got fixed up and changed.

In the hospital wing stood Dumbledore and McGonagall. Snape sat beside Olivias bed. "I thought it was a legend. A myth." said McGonagall

"So was the chamber of secrets and looked how that turned out Minerva." said Dumbledore, the three of them looking at a sleeping Olivia.

Madam Pomfrey came and put more bags of ice around the girl. The witch had finally managed to get her temperature down enough that she didn't burn off the pajamas Olivia wore.

Olivia opened her eyes and seen that she was in the infirmary. Sitting up, her throat was so dry, she reached for the jug of water and cup. But Madam Pomfrey filled her a glass and handed it to her, and took it when Olivia was done.

Olivia looked around and seen the adults around her bed. "How long have I been out?" She asked hoarsely

"A couple hours." Snape answered

Olivia nodded, she noticed that they kept watching her as if she was going to grow a second head. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked

"Olivia do you know remember what happened?" McGonagall asked furrowing her brows

"Yeah, I got the egg- fell. Must have hit my head or something because I had the strangest dream...." she said taking in the looks they were giving her. "Oh my gosh! It wasn't a dream was it?" She said shocked

"It was not a dream." said Dumbledore

"So- so the fire, and flames, and-and my skin my hair- all of it-" Olivia stammered

"Was real. The dragon shot its fire at you, and you..." McGonagall started

"Became the flame." Snape said as if lost in his own thoughts.

Olivias mind started replaying everything, she was sure that it was a dream but it wasn't. She had repelled the fire, and at the same time became it.

"What does this mean?" she asked pleading with the adults around her.

"Long ago the Peruvian Vipertooth breed was growing rapidly. Humans, wizards and muggles alike, were endangered because of the beasts. So the Ministry of Magic sent out a extermination squad to reduce the population of the breed." said Dumbledore. "The squad had been sent to the origin on the clan of dragons. In the clan, was the Queen of Vipertooths. Now, this was a legend that has been told for many reasons, a myth to most, they say that when the squad invaded the clan, a wizard, his name is unknown, killed the Queen Dragon." He said as he intrigued himself, he pulled out a book, and opened it. He laid it down on her bed showing her the page.

She looked at the photo and couldn't help but notice that it resembled her a little.

Dumbledore continued speaking, "When the wizard killed the Queen, a prophecy was told that, the Queen dragon cursed his bloodline. That a daughter born in April, of a Aries sign, would inherit the power of Queen."

Olivia looked at him, reading his face, to see if he was joking or mistaken. But Dumbledore was serious.

"So what you're saying is that I'm the one that inherit the dragons power?" Olivia asked

"It would appear so." He said

"And this myth, the myth of-" Olivia started

"The Dragon's Daughter." Answered Snape.

"Yeah that! This myth is true?" Olivia asked again.

"Olivia, no matter how many times you ask, this will all still be real. You are the Dragon's Daughter." Snape told her.

Olivia felt her heart racing, her breath was panting, she was having a panic attack. Madam Pomfrey rushed to her. "Okay I think that's enough of that. If she gets worked up again so soon after getting cooled down her temperature will rise." The nurse said.

Olivia focused on her breathing and was able to calm herself down. Inhale She looked at Snape, his face was stern. Exhale McGonagall looked as if she was having a time believing it herself. Inhale Dumbledore looked excited, and Olivia knew that she could trust him. Exhale.

"We'll leave you, you have some friends that seem to be waiting." Dumbledore said, picking up the book and taking it with him and the other adults left, Madam Pomfrey going with them.

Around the curtain, Harry Hermione Ron, and Ginny came in. Followed by the twins, and behind them stood Charlie. Fred and George pushed their way to each side of her bed. They sat down and hugged her tightly.

"We thought you was dead!" said Fred pulling away to look at her face. George pulled away and held her hand.

"How you feeling Ollie?" asked Harry standing at the end of her bed.

"Better, still feel like my bloods boiling but I'm good." She told him with a smirk.

"That was bad ass Ollie!" Said Ron, Hermione smack him in the arm. "What? It was!" He said rubbing where he was hit.

"Thanks Ron." Olivia chuckled.

Olivia could see Charlie standing behind the group, not wanting to get too close to her. She smiled at him, "I'm not going to roast you Charlie, you can come closer." She laughed, but when Ginny and Hermione stepped aside to let him through she saw the he was bandaged up around his arms and chest.

"Charlie what happened to you? How'd you get all burned up?" She asked worried.

"I'm fine, not my first burn. Here I brought you something." He waved her off and laid the golden egg by her feet.

"I wouldn't open that if I was you, the bloody thing screeches like a banshee." Harry warned her.

"Thanks Charlie, but really how did you get burned?" She asked again

"When you collapsed, I was the first to reach you, I wrapped you in my cloak and scooped you up in my arms and when I was running to the medical tent, your skin burned through my clothes and my skin." He told her softly. "But I'm fine Ollie, they said I'll be good as new tomorrow with no permanent damage."

She just stared at his bandages. "I'm- im so sorry Charlie." She told him softly.

"Like I said I'm fine. What I'm worried about is you." Charlie said.

Fred and George laid on the sides of her, snuggled up to her. "Ollie, why is your skin so warm?" George asked concerned.

"For the same reason it burnt Charlie...." She told the group.

After a moment Hermione asked, "Why did it burn him?"

Olivia sighed and looked at their caring faces. "Do you all know the legend of The Dragon's Daughter?" She asked. They shook their heads, and Olivia dived into it, telling them what Dumbledore had told her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.1K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
12.5K 382 39
Elodie finds herself stuck, she stuck holding the family business together. Her busy schedule of either working a dead end job or caring for her gri...
472K 10.6K 38
Raven Evans has known only two things about her biological parents. 1) her mother, Lily, died by the hand of a dark wizard and 2) her mother's husban...