Resilience

By iiswatiii

[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli... More

• Synopsis •
Characters
01| Endless Pain and Untamed Thoughts
02| This is why I don't socialise
03| All Alone with Bunch of Lies
04| A Big Reveal
05| Kneel Down to Talk to Me
06| You've Got yourself a Deal
07| I'm your New House Mate
08| A visit from my monsters
09| I'm a Mafia Princess...That's Hilarious
10| Good thing I didn't ask for your opinion
11| I'm an 80-year-old Shopholic
12| Was that supposed to scare me?
✌🏻✌🏻
13| Who Hurt Her?
14| I Found Her
15| Shut Up...Just Shut Up
16| I Think I Need Help
17| I'm a Terrible Father
18| She ran away...Again?
19| I am your Brother
20| I'm the Lord, I'm the Devil
21| Pieces From the Past
A/N- Please Read
22| Don't let go of my Hand
23| Did he call me an Insect?
24| Enchanting Grey Eyes
25| Faster Faster Faster
26| Condoms cost about a dollar or two
27| First Impressions
Extended Family
29| I'm not your Business Partner
30| I will call the Police
31| Fuck my Fates
32| It Hurts my Heart
33| The one who Broke her
34| The Memories of 'Him'
35| A Gun-shot
36| Poison?
37| A Match of Life 'n' Death
38| Fist-Fight
39| Brothers?
40| Wrongfully accused
41| Hurt and Panics
42| Who Hurt Him?
43| Sniper?
44| Brothers on Sale
45| Pillow fight and bad news
46| Someone poisoned my grandpa?
47| No grandpa can't die
48| Don't touch me
49| The Mafia-Princess
50| Before Kidnapping
51| I have a Plan
52| Chaos
53| Why are they mad?
54| Trust?
55| Born in Mafia
56| Kyson
57| Just our thing
Friends
58| Rhett Hayes
59| Aaron Marino
60| I like you
61| Kiss and trouble
62| Beaten and Bruised
63| Bryn
64| I'd call him Daddy
65| Betrayal and His truth
66| Chocolate Cupcake
67| It's a Universal Thing
68| Snapchat
69| The Vampire Diaries
70| Italy
71| The Trials
72| I made out with Rhett
73| I had Sex
74| Attack
75| She was supposed to be dead
76| I pity you
77| A pen-drive
78| We failed them
79| The End?
R E V E N A N T
A/N ✏️
NEW PROJECTS

28| Periods, Pains, and Ice-creams

55K 1.7K 668
By iiswatiii

ARABELLA'S POV

PERIODS. I just got my fucking periods.

But I haven't had them in like 3 years.

The first time when I started my periods, I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I never had anyone to tell me or explain it to me.

No family, no friends, nobody.

I'd overheard a few girls in the school's bathroom, complaining about how painful their periods were or how embarrassed they were when their boyfriends found out about them having periods.

I was at home when I got my first period. I went to mom confused and crying, but she was too damn high to care.

In fact she screamed at me, called me disgusting and threw me out of the house, telling me how I shouldn't go around telling people that.

So, it was my punishment to be thrown out of the house.

I sat outside all night, unsure of what to do.

The next day, I quickly got ready, while putting a cloth in my underwear and went to school.

I went straight to the nurse's office after arriving at school and informed her that I had my first period in school.

She explained everything to me before handing me sanitary pads and instructing me on how to use and dispose of them after changing every 3-4 hours.

I was 12 when I got my first period, and I was glad that I was earning money or I wouldn't have been able to get any supplies. I had my periods for a few more months, but after a worst beating I never got them again.

I was aware that something was wrong with my body but I couldn't afford to tell anyone. I wasn't supposed to talk to anyone about periods, because my mother told me it was repulsive and shameful thing to do.

So, now that I've gotten them again, I am more confused than scared.

It's as if I'm having my first period all over again. I thought I'd never be able to get them again.

Now I'm scared.

What is happening in my body?

Is there something wrong with me?

Well yes..

but is it in terms of getting on and off periods

Should I google it?

Probably not, I'd just end up mistaking my symptoms for something else.

I just didn't know what to do anymore.

I quickly got ready, putting on whatever clothes I could find. By now the thought of meeting my grandparents and my cousins had been unconsciously pushed to the back of my mind.

I managed to tear off long strips of toilet paper and wrapped them around my underwear like gauze.

When I was finished, I dashed outside to find Max.

I need to get some pads, and since he's a doctor in training, I could tell him about my situation.

That's good enough for me.

I ran downstairs, yelling for Max, and when I saw him I quickly rushed to grab his hand and made my way outside, while dragging him with me.

I didn't even register what he was saying.

The moment we sat in the car, he started driving, but by now he was sitting quietly, not asking me any more questions.

Now comes the humiliation

"Can you take me to a general store please?" I asked him, somewhat calmed down, but my heart was still racing inside my body.

"Are you going to tell me what happened? Are you hurt? Why were you crying? Please tell me what's going on, before I lose any more brain cells." Max questioned anxiously.

He'd occasionally turn to look at me in concern before returning his gaze to the road. When Max asked if I was crying, I instinctively reached for my hands to wipe away any tears.

"Umm, I-I just got-t my periods again-n." I told him while looking down at my lap in shame.

"Is that why you panicked? Oh my goodness, you've just given me a heart attack. Princess, it's a normal thing, you don't need to get panicked and certainly not ashamed." He responded with a heavy sigh of relief.

"But Cora warned me not to tell anyone about my periods, and the girls at my old school would always talk about how embarrassing it was when someone found out." I said gazing at him, feeling confused but I was still hesitant to talk about this subject with my brother.

"I advise you to not listen to them, I'm telling you as an in-training doctor. It is a normal thing, and an important aspect of women's health. Period-shame is something a lot of women feel, but you shouldn't feel discomfort or embarrassed by something that is a normal and an essential process." He finished to which I just nodded my head.

"What do you mean by 'again'?" He asked abruptly, as if he just remembered what I had said.

"I stopped having periods after a few months of first having them. I thought I wouldn't get them again. But when I got it today, I just completely freaked out. Is there something wrong with me?" I asked, my eyes welling up with tears as I looked at him.

I was really freaked out

"Didn't you inform anyone about it?" Max inquired, but his clenched jaw and firm grip on the steering wheel indicated that he already knew the answer.

"No" I replied softly, which caused him to sigh sadly.

"Baby sis, please don't worry. The reason why you stopped getting periods was because of secondary amenorrhea, a condition in which a woman stops getting periods for more than 3-4 months without being pregnant or going through a menopause. It most commonly occurs when the body is experiencing relative energy deficiency. However, there are also numerous other reasons. You started getting periods again because of returning to your correct weight that is appropriate to your growth chart and bone density. There is nothing to be worried about. When we get home, I'll take your blood for testing and confirm the reason. But it's a good thing you've restarted them." He finished.

I had to admit that after Max explained everything to me, I felt a lot better, as if a heavy weight had been lifted off my shoulders. But I'd still have to get a blood test to confirm it.

And all I could do was hope that what Max said was correct and that everything was fine.

Once we reached the general store, Max and I made our way inside.

I bought some pads and tampons.

I did ask Max if he wanted to wait outside until I was finished, but he said it was nothing to be uncomfortable or embarrassed about.

He even helped me, getting more than what I actually required. Once we were done we made our way towards the cashier.

"Can we please go get an ice cream as well?"I asked, giving Max a hopeful look.

"No, It's not good for your health." He replied giving me a stern look, telling me not to fight him.

I'm going to get my ice cream, one way or another

Watch me bitch–

"Please Max, I'm in a lot of pain and the only thing that helps is ice cream." I said, giving him puppy dog eyes, which soon turned into a pout and gradually changed into my eyes glistening in tears.

I'm not sure whether they were real or fake,

But all I wanted was ice cream.

Max looked like he was in the most painful situation in his life, but nevertheless sighed and nodded his head, making me instantly cheer up and I started jumping while doing a weird happy dance which earned me a laugh at my weird antics.

So we made our way to the ice cream section.

I got three tubs of ice creams much to Max's dislike.

Noah is so going to love me.

After Max paid for my stuff we went to the car, on the way back home. I was really starting to feel exhausted and the pain lingered in my stomach and legs.

How much I'm beginning to hate period pains.

I let a yawn escape my lips, as the tiredness of last night started to creep up on me.

Just as we were about to pass through the mansion gates, Max gave me a quick nervous glance before beginning to speak cautiously.

What's up with him?

"So princess, please don't get panicked, but our family has arrived and is waiting for you at home, they are all really worried. I'll explain to them what happened, if you're okay with that. And after you meet our grandparents, uncles, aunties and cousins you could go to your room and take some rest. I could bring you food to your room." He finished by making me exactly what he had asked me not to be: panicked.

If I snap my fingers and say 'abracadabra', will everything I just heard go unheard.

I didn't even hear the whole thing.

I lost him when he mentioned our extended family. I had completely forgotten about them.

I immediately looked down at my clothes and groaned loudly because I was currently wearing a loose t-shirt and sweatpants, even though I had already picked out the outfit I was planning on wearing.

Ugh.. that's not how I wanted them to see me for the first time.

"When did they arrive?" I asked, hoping that he says that they came after he and I left.

"Yeah about that, they were already there when you came rushing downstairs." Max said carefully, while looking at me for a reaction.

1.

2..

3...

"WHAT? PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE LYING. OH MY GOD THEY SAW THE WHOLE FUCKING THING, DIDN'T THEY? IT'S A CATASTROPHIC FAILURE. THAT'S NOT THE FIRST IMPRESSION I WANTED TO MAKE IN FRONT OF THEM. NOW THEY ARE NEVER GOING TO LIKE ME. I AM MOST LIKELY A JOKE NOW. I DO NOT WANT TO GO HOME. LET'S GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. BETTER YET, LET'S LEAVE THE COUNTRY." I yelled at Max almost on the verge of crying, and when I I looked at him I instantly narrowed my eyes at him.

He appeared to be painfully restraining himself from laughing. I glared at him, not even realising we were already parked.

I heard a knock and there stood Mason and Noah knocking at my door, trying to open it.

"Don't unlock the door please. I'm not getting out." I huffed, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Don't worry princess, they already adore you so much. They were so worried, let's just go inside. Everyone's gonna understand. If you don't want them to know then we won't tell them. But trust me they'll understand." Max said to me softly, attempting to persuade me.

I really don't like this situation at all

I slowly nodded my head, feeling a surge of embarrassment coursing through my veins.

Noah and Mason were now yelling at us to open the door, as they stared banging on the door.

What will it take for them to use their brains once in a while?

"I'm going to kill these idiots if there is even one scratch on my baby." Max said, causing me to nod my head.

"Yeah no one ever hurts the baby." I said sternly, which elicited a chuckle from Max, who shook his head before opening his side of the door.

These people don't take me seriously...

Just as Max unlocked the car, Mason opened my door and pulled me into his arms.

"You stink–" I murmured in his chest, which earned me a slap on the back of my head.

Dumbass

He picked me up and placed me down on my feet after closing the door as I looked up and there stood all my brothers looking angry, confused and worried, their arms crossed in front of their chests.

Now I feel bad for making them worried.

There were 9 new additions to the group, who were most certainly my cousins. They all appeared to be equally concerned. Everyone was glaring at Max though which I have no idea why.

"Hey" I said sheepishly to all of them, and waved at my cousins. They returned my smile, but their eyes were filled with concern.

Maybe it's not that bad as I thought

"Let's go inside princess, Dad is really worried." Elijah said, and we all made our way inside. I was walking alongside Kyson and Noah, holding onto Kyson's hand.

Why am I nervous all of a sudden?

As we reached the living room, there were seven people waiting for us. Six of them were sitting on the couches and dad was pacing around the room.

But none of them have yet seen us.

I still had time to run..

Maybe I should.

Instead of giving in to my tempting thoughts, I made my way to my distressed looking father.

Just as he looked up, he quickly rushed towards me pulling me in his arms.

I hugged him back. His arms were wrapped around my head and I was practically nestled against his chest.

I felt him kiss my forehead and I looked up at him and smiled sheepishly.

It wasn't my fault at all..

It was all mother nature

"Don't ever do that to me again. Now tell me what happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Where are you hurt?" He began rambling while searching for my injuries, which made me laugh.

"I'm fine dad, I just panicked earlier. I'm fine now, no injuries I swear." I said, crossing my fingers over my heart, as he flicked my forehead but still pulled me into yet another hug.

My dad's a hugger

And so are my brothers,

But I haven't really seen them hugging each other.

Perhaps I should get them to hug each other

Let's start with Matthew and Noah

or maybe Mason and Alexander.

I don't know maybe Matthew and Alexander.

"You know Noah is going to get really butthurt, I got Max to buy me three tubs of ice cream and he basically begged Max yesterday to let him have a cup of ice cream, which he didn't get. Oh I'm going to have so much fun." I whispered in dad's ear, which caused him to laugh loudly.

But the mood instantly changed when we heard–

"WILL ANYONE TELL US WHAT THE FUCK HAD HAPPENED?"

Guess who yelled.

✏️Word Count: 2403

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8M 156K 85
"No, I'm an only child.What do you mean by I have brothers? " Follow Anastasia Rosaline Blade through her journey. Overcoming abuse, PTSD, depression...
4.9K 122 19
Alessia's life takes a dramatic turn at 16 when her unspoken prayers are answered, leading her to discover her six elder brothers. Little does she kn...
169K 6.8K 40
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...
388K 9.3K 36
The Giovanni's are the Italian Mafia. It is the most powerful mafia. For 8 generations the family have been trying to have a princess in the family b...