The Dysfuntionals

By DakariJohnson

James is a Choir Director who finds out his daughter is stricken with a brain tumor. He decides to enter in a... More

Prelogue
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 14
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 18
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 26
Scene 27
Scene 28
Epilouge

Scene 1

64 3 0
By DakariJohnson

                             9 years later.

                      The Williams House.

Kayla: Dad? Dad? DAD!

James shoots up.

James: I’m up, morning baby girl.

Kayla: Morning Dad, I already made breakfast, so get dressed.

James: Yes Ma’am.

James gets dressed.

James: What did you make us today Chef Kayla?

Kayla: Well today on the Chef Kayla show, I came up with a masterpiece. Something that everyone   loves, something that can be made in less than a mintue………Cereal!!

James laughs.

James: What am I going to do with you?

Kayla: You could always pay me for my services.

James:  And on that note, let’s get you to Grandma’s so she can drop you off at school.

They leave their house and get into the car.

                             The Miller’s house.

Vanessa is dressed and ready for work.

Vanessa: All right guys, time to get up.

Vanessa heads upstairs to wake her children up.

She stops at Jesse’s room first. She knocks.

Vanessa: Wake up baby, time for school.

She opens the door.

Vanessa: Damn!

She sees magazines, food wrappers, and dirty clothes all over the floor. She walks over to the bed to only trip on something.

Vanessa: What the hell did I trip on?

Vanessa gets up and reaches his bed.

Vanessa: Boy! Wake up.

She pulls back the covers to see he is sleeping naked. She throws the covers back on him.

Vanessa: And put some clothes on, smells like pure ass up in here.

Jesse gets up.

Jesse: Damn!

Vanessa bangs on the door.

Vanessa: Watch your mouth boy!

Vanessa proceeds to Isabella’s room. She knocks and hears Isabella to tell her to come in.

Isabella is dressed and listening to music.

Isabella: Morning Mom!

Vanessa: Morning, I see you’re up early as usual.

Isabella: Katrina is coming to pick me up and besides I have never been late and I plan to keep it that way.

Vanessa: Mhmm! So it wouldn’t have to do with that little boy Jesse brings in my house when I’m at work?

Isabella blushes at this. She starts to stutter.

Isabella: Uhm……

Vanessa: That’s what I thought; you better not bring that boy up to this room.

Isabella: Yes Ma’am.

                             Kodi’s room.

Kodi: Alright Chichi, I left your cell phone in your bed.

He points to the small bed by his.

Kodi: I have all the important numbers on speed dial. 911 is 1, PETA is 2, and Godfather Malone is 3. Don’t you borrow any money for him again.

Chichi: Meow!

Kodi: And Consuela is coming to clean the house, watch her because I think she’s stealing my Uno cards and Monopoly play money.

Vanessa knocks on the door.

Vanessa: Good morning baby boy!

Kodi: Good morning mother!

He runs over to hug her.

Vanessa: Are you ready for school? Do you have everything?

Kodi: Yes Ma’am, I have everything, my homework, my phone, my Epipen, my emergency money, my predator backpack, my stun gun, and my mace.

Vanessa: That’s my baby and Jesse is going to drive you to school and bring you home after his practice.

Kodi: Mom, he’s going to leave me like always do, and then I have to walk to school and I don’t want to get kidnap by that homeless guy again.

Vanessa’s phone buzzes. Her boss Harvey text her to get down to work Now!!!

Vanessa: I’ll make sure he won’t this time, I have to go, I love you baby boy.

Vanessa kisses him on the cheek.

Kodi: I love you too.

                             Living room.

As Vanessa is about to head out, she sees Jesse trying to sneak out of the back.

Vanessa: Freeze!

Jesse stops in his tracks.

Jesse: Shit!

Vanessa slaps him upside the head.

Vanessa: Curse again.

Jesse: Man What!

Vanessa gives him a look.

Jesse: Ma’am?

Vanessa: You are going to drive your brother to school and bring him home, do you hear me?

Jesse rolls his eyes.

Vanessa grabs his arm and squeezes.

Vanessa: Do you hear me?

Jesse: Ow! Yes ma’am.

Vanessa: Good, I have to go, I love you and stay out of trouble, and I don’t need the school calling me today.

Vanessa leaves and Jesse pulls out his phone to see his cousin, Aiden calling him.

Jesse: Wassup Bro! Yeah, I’ll be over there to pick you up, I got to ditch tiddyhead first. Aight!

Jesse leaves.

A car horn honks and Isabella checks her window.

Isabella: Bye Kodi!

Isabella runs downstairs to the door and leaves.

Kodi runs downstairs and sees everyone gone.

Kodi: Tartar sauce, not again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 5.5K 28
Emmett loves to be a rebel. He skips school to hang out, drink, and smoke with his two friends when suddenly he and his best friend are cornered and...
270K 6.2K 58
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
81.8K 3.5K 80
❤️
161K 5.8K 27
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !