GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

17. Bring The Lion Out

2.9K 98 9
By theginger412

Olivia was putting the finishing touches on the layout and design of the yearbook. Soon she's turn it in and they would send it off to get copies printed for the rest of the school. She had spent many nights in the dark room and studio. She poured countless hours into her project. With the help from her amazing support team, they kept her from drowning herself in work.

George would bring her tea and make her take a break from working and walk around the corridor to get her out of the studio. Fred would rub her shoulders when she had spent too long bent over her negatives. Lupin would stop by to check the progress and to check on Olivia to make sure she wasn't stressing herself.

Sometimes after dinner she'd take a few page layout designs with her to the common room, where she would get Cedric and Jo's opinion on what looked better, while lounging on a couch together.

She couldn't ask for better people in her life.

So, with the final product in her hands. She made her way to Dumbledores office with Professor Lupin. Olivia kept taking deep breaths and tried her best to stop fidgeting.

Outside the office, "Remember be confident. You done all the work, and you've done you're very best. And it has come out great. But this was about not what others think, but what you think about your own ability." Lupin said.

"You're right. I'm proud of myself, and I love how it all turned out. But I just can't help to feel a little nervous that the whole school is gonna be holding my work in their hands." Olivia sighed

"It's okay to be nervous, as long as it doesn't effect how you think of yourself." Assured Lupin, with a smile. Olivia gave him a nod and the two entered the office.

Inside stood Dumbledore and Snape. While Dumbledore greeted Olivia with a smile, Snape greeted Lupin with a glare.

"Hello sir, I came to give you the finish yearbook, for it to be sent out for printing." said Olivia trying to hide the shaking of her hand when she handed the book to him.

"I will get this sent out right away, Ollie." Said Dumbledore flipping through the book, "I have to say, this came out even better than what I imagined, Severus would you like a look?"

Snape took the book reluctantly, and fingered through the pages. His eye caught on one photo, that was collaged with others. It was the same picture she had given him for Christmas a few years ago. Without drawing too much attention to it, he closed the book and gave it back to the old wizard.

"I must say Ollie, it has been a privilege to see you grow with this project. And I think when I say this I speak for all three of us, we are incredibly proud of you." Dumbledore said and Olivia could have sworn that the twinkle in his eyes sparked.

"I couldn't have done it without any of you. Thank you, for everything. For this opportunity." She smiled at the men. "Now if you don't mind me, I believe I've got some homework calling my name, have a good evening." She said, and left the office.

"Remus, you're quite the inspirational teacher." Complimented Dumbledore, Snape groaned under his breath.

"I can't take the credit, she is the extraordinary one." He said looking at the door the girl had just left through. "But while you both are here, I have some questions that I've had for a while now but it's been hard to ignore." Remus said kindly."If you don't mind me asking, is she... is Olivia related to the Potters?"

"That is not for you to know," said Snape immediately

"Now Severus, we can trust Remus, I think it's best for him to know." Dumbledore said taking the seat behind his desk, and gestured for the men to sit down before him.

"Can it be true? That she's related to Lily?" Remus said breathlessly

"We had our suspicions when Ollie came to Hogwarts, but we had no way of knowing. Not until Harry was also at Hogwarts." said the headmaster, lacing his fingers in front of him. "We was able to test hairs from the two of them, and we got results."

"At first we thought Ollie could be Lily's daughter, the resemblance was undeniable. She was even considered to be sorted into Gryffindor. But still at the time we had no way of knowing. After the results came back, we learned that Ollie isn't Lily's daughter." Said Dumbledore. Remus released a breath he didn't know he was holding, until Dumbledore continued. "But Lily's niece."

"Wait. You mean that Olivia is the daughter of-" Remus started.

"Petunia Dursley." Interjected Snape with disgust.

"How? She's nothing like her. Granted that it's been a long time since I been around Petunia, but from what I've heard from Harry, she's horrible. Olivia is nothing like that, Olivia is-"

"Just like Lily." Sighed Snape

"Exactly. We believe since Olivia wasn't raised in that kind of home, that she was able to avoid their lesser qualities. And from the information we collected Petunia had Olivia before she ever met Vernon Dursley. She gave Olivia up and went on with her own life." Sighed Dumbledore

"I can't believe it, I always wondered because of how she looks but then her last name being the same, I chalked it all up to coincidence. But when I seen her standing next to Harry, it was... it was like I was looking at Lily and James." Softly said Remus. Leaning back in his seat, to take in all the information.

"There is one more thing, Remus." Said Dumbledore. Remus leaned forward on alert of what else there could be. "Olivia, doesn't know."

"She doesn't know?" asked Remus looking from Dumbledore to Snape. Snape shook his head.

"I discussed with her the first week she was at Hogwarts about me looking into her family. Severus adopted her at the end of that year, we wanted her to be somewhere safe, just in case. However Three years ago, we brought her in here to tell her we found something about her family. But before we could say anything, she stopped us." Said Dumbledore, "She asked if it would change anything, and we told her it could. So, she decided she didn't want to know. She wanted to stay with Severus, and enjoy her life how it was."

"We gave her the promise that if one day she would like to know we would tell her. And that was that."

"Harry has a cousin." Remus said realizing.

"Yes and not the one he lives with." said Dumbledore.

The Ravenclaw versus Gryffindor match was upon them. The talk of the school was Harry had gotten a new broom but not any broom, a Firebolt. The morning of the game everyone was swarming around the lions to see the legendary broom.

Olivia joined the lions. Decked out in her scarlet and gold. Her curls were let loose for the day and her face was her typical lion face paint with a new addition. On her forehead she had painted a lightening bolt scar. The same scar that matched the young Harry Potter.

Harry sat across from the twins. Olivia plopped down between the beaters. "Good morning lions. Don't you all look to be in high spirits today!" Olivia greeted.

"Ollie, looks like you're ready for the game yourself." Said Fred

"McGonagall still baby sitting you at the games?" Asked George handing her a slice of toast.

"Yes but I've enjoyed my bonding time with ole Minnie." Said Olivia taking a bite. McGonagall was walking behind the girl, she cleared her throat. "Fine then, with Professor McGonagall." Teased Olivia. The teacher walked on.

"Harry, I decided that because of the last game, you needed some extra support for today." Said Olivia getting the black hair boys attention in front of her.

"Oh really?" He asked.

Olivia smiled at him. She pushed her fringe away from her forehead to reveal the bolt. "For my lion with the lightening bolt scar." she said.

"Ollie! I love it! Thank you!" Harry grinned widely

"Why don't you ever paint your face to look like us?" Fred asked, acting offended.

"Because I'm pretty sure my red hair makes me look like a weasley enough," joked Olivia.

Down at the quidditch pitch, Olivia hung her banner for the twins. This year her banner said on the top
Bring the Lions Out. With two lions that she charmed to stalk back and forth with wagging tails. On the bottom, it said The Weasleys.

Olivia was still on probation with McGonagall and sat waiting for the game to start next to the witch. The girls were chatting when Professor Lupin approached.

"Hello ladies, mind if I join you?" Remus asked.

"Sure Remus, you can sit next to Olivia, I would let you sit next to me but I have to keep an eye on Olivia and Jordan here. They can get out of hand sometimes." McGonagall said

"I'm always well behaved Professor," stated Lee Jordan

"Sure you are." Said McGonagall in a sarcastic sweet tone.

Remus took his seat next to the ginger. "Hello, Professor Lupin, come to support any particular team?" Asked Olivia

"As a teacher I am to remained unbiased but between us I'm rooting for Gryffindor, it is my old house after all." He answered

"If you haven't noticed our teachers are very biased when it comes to quidditch." Said Olivia

"So what's this that Minerva was saying about you getting out of hand?"

"I am just a very enthusiastic supporter of my friends." She cooed

"That an understatement." Snorted McGonagall. "I had to physically pull her back from jumping out of the stands during a Gryffindor against Slytherin match so she could hex a player." Scolded McGonagall with a huff. Earning a laugh from Remus.

Olivia shrugged her shoulders with a smirk, "I can't help that I am loyal to those I love." said Olivia.

"Oh yes, we know how you are loyal to those Weasley twins, those boys remind me quite a bit of another group of troubling making boys I knew." Said McGonagall eyeing Remus. Remus pretended to not be playing attention to her comment. Dumbledore joined behind them, who greeted them all and started chatting with until the game started.

The gryffindor team entered the pitch and the scarlet and gold went wild. From the stands you could hear their chanting filling the stadium.

"bring the lions out... bring the lions out"

Stomping with the beat, Olivia chanted as loud as she could. "COME ON WEASLEYS!" She roared, on the field Fred and George blew kisses to their admiring redheaded fan.

The game began and beside Olivia, McGonagall kept getting on to Lee Jordan for going on about Harry's new broom instead of the game.

Harry was a blur in the sky, Cho Chang stayed closed behind. Olivia was already on her feet, bouncing around. "Show her your acceleration Harry!" Fred shouted.

"Yeah show her Harry!" She yelled too. The boy did just that. Harry was able to shake off the girl and caught sight of the snitch. Only to lose it by a near hit of a Bludger. "Ooooohh, dang it, he almost had it." Said Olivia. Lupin was just as intensely into the game as she was, next to her.

On the other side of her, McGonagall was roaring. "JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FOR FIREBOLT? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTARY!!"

Harry was searching around the field and he must have caught sight of the snitch again but Chang blocked him, causing him to lose it.

"HARRY THIS IS NO TIME TO BE A GENTLEMAN, KNOCK HER OFF HER BROOM IF YOU HAVE TO!" Boomed Woods voice.

Harry was off again, and Cho was tailing him once more. "SHAKE HER OFF HARRY!" Shouted Olivia ask the boy flew by. Finally he did, and he got a glimpse of the golden snitch once more.

Harry raced for it, and Cho was lagging behind. Suddenly mid race, Cho screamed and three dementors were looking at Harry.

Olivia tensed about to make a run to the boy, when he pulled out his wand. Harry's voiced roared into the stadium, Expecto Patronum!

Silvery light casted at the cloaked figures. Causing them to fall, and knock their cloaks off to reveal Draco and his friends. But Harry kept going, his arm stretched out, wand still in hand, and grabbed the snitch.

The Gryffindor team darted for the him. Hugging him so much he about fell off his broom. Everyone rushed the field, Olivia included.

"That's my Boy!!!" Wood was yelling over and over again. The girls of the team all gave Harry a kiss, Fred had a grip on the boy as well. Finally once back on the ground, Harry was attacked with compliments and congratulating.

Olivia took her turn when Harry was let go once again. She hugged him tight, "I'm so proud of you! Hold on, let's get a picture!" Said Olivia angling the camera in one hand and wrapping an arm around Harry, his arm done the same. She snapped the picture of their match scars and grinning faces.

Harry turned around in her arm, facing Lupin. Olivia let them talk, from a distance she snapped a few pictures of the boy and the teacher.

Only to be swung into the arms of Fred Weasley, he jumped up and down with her. "Ollie!! We won!!!" he cheered, putting her down.

"My amazing Lions!" Said Olivia after hugging Fred, she hugged George.

"Come on Harry! Party, Gryffindor common room now!" George yelled, throwing an arm over Olivias shoulder and leading her away.

In the Lions common room, Olivia was enjoying a Peppermint Toad that Fred had thrown in the crowd of people. The twins had disappeared when Olivia went to wash her face and came back loaded down with goods.

From her spot on the couch, she could see Harry talking to Hermione, she was reading in the corner, Ron yelled something Olivia couldn't hear. Hermione burst into tears and ran to her dorm.

Olivia walked over to Harry and Ron, "what's wrong with Hermione?" She asked them.

"Ron is still mad at her, because her cat ate his rat." Harry informed her.

"Scabbers was not just a rat! He was family!" Declared Ron.

"I'll go talk to her" Olivia said, Harry gave her a appreciative smile.

Olivia knocked on the girls door, "Hermione are you in here? It's Ollie." She peeked her head inside and seen the girl drying her tears on her bed. Crookshanks sat on a stack of books on her desk.

"Ollie, what are you doing here?" The girl asked.

"Came to celebrate with the twins, but I seen you run off up here. Wanted to check on you." Olivia gave her a smile, sitting next to her on the bed.

"I'm fine, Ron is just being-"

"An Arse!" Olivia answered laughing

"Ollie!"

"Am I wrong? Listen Harry told me what happened. Ron will get over it eventually."

"Doubt it, he's being so mean to me."

"Yeah I can see that, but you wanna know what I think? I think he just wants to be validated. I'm not saying tell him he's right, but make him feel heard. I imagine with 6 other siblings, he doesn't get that often." Olivia confided

Hermione sighed, "I know you're right, and I can normally handle him but this year my course load is a lot! And I'm just trying to find time to sleep and eat, it's hard to fit in Rons tantrums."

Olivia laughed, "Those Weasley men can be difficult!" Hermione nodded in agreement, "Listen take you some time to yourself. And I know that's hard for you, but how about an hour? Go shower or take a walk, or sleep. And then do whatever you gotta do."

"Yeah.. I think a shower sounds nice, thanks Ollie." Hermione said smiling softly at her.

Olivia hugged her and left the dorm. At the bottom of the spiral stairs George hollered at her.

"Ollie will you run up to my dorm and get me a new shirt I spilled a butterbeer on myself." He asked, Olivia gave him a thumbs up and trucked up the steps and into the messy dorm room. She searched out for a shirt and got one.

On the steps back down, she ran into someone on the stairs. "Oh I'm sorry I wasn't paying attent- oh hey Oliver!" she said

Standing on the same step as her she was face to face with the quidditch captain. "Hey Ollie..." he said looking at the ginger

"Great game today!" She said and patted him on the chest, he softly grabbed her hand and held it there.

"I've been meaning to talk to you." He told her

It felt like all the air was gone from her lungs, "About what?" She breathed

"About... this.." he said and leaned in, and gently pressed his lips to hers. His kiss was sweet and soft, she kissed him back, draping her arm around his neck, her other hand against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his hands on her hips.

"Ollie!!" was yelled from the common room. She pulled apart from Oliver. Out of breath, and looked at him.

"I better take this down, or they'll come looking for me." She said picking up the shirt she didn't know she had dropped.

"Oh yeah, right..." Oliver put his hands in his pockets.

Olivia smiled sweetly at him and walked down the last few steps, leaving him on the stairs.

"There you are! What took so long?" Asked George

Still not fully recovered from the kiss, she said, "Oh your room is a mess is what took so long, I was surprised I didn't get lost in there!" she joked. But her mind was still thinking about the chestnut hair guy she had ran into.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 2.9K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
98.9K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
19K 550 44
y/n has been loved all her life, she has her father, her brother and even her neighbor's.. but what changed when she went to hogwarts? Well.. that's...