His Smile

By khrisadom

Ashley Canton has always been the shy, timid, introverted girl, who tries as much as possible to stay out of... More

Introduction
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
Q n A
New story Alert!
Decision time

CHAPTER 1

2.8K 85 119
By khrisadom

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening and live like it's heaven on earth"- William W. Purkey.

Ashley's POV

It's an awful morning because it's a Monday morning.

Ugh!!.... Who created schools at all?

Some people say school is an amazing place to be but I would beg to differ. I mean, why would you love a place where you are given a dozen assignments almost every single day? It's either you have a research to do or you have a project to submit.

Calm down Ash

Anyway, I stopped with the internal complaints and got myself prepared for school. I go downstairs for breakfast once I'm done dressing up for school.

"Good morning, Dad." I smile at my dad who is already seated at the dining table.

"Morning princess, how was your sleep?" he smiles back at me.

"Good, I guess," I reply and take my seat.

Just then my mum emerges from the kitchen holding a tray.

"Good morning Mum." I grin.

"Morning baby, hope you've got all you need for school." Always concerned about academics, that's my mum.

"Yes, Mum," I say smiling. She sets the tray on the table and sits.

Just then Dylan, my older brother makes his appearance at the table. He pulls out a hair and plops on it.

"How was your sleep, honey," Mum asks him.

"Amazing," he mutters.

Dad dishes himself some pancakes and a glass of milk, and we all follow suit. Dylan wastes no time as he munches on the pancakes in a rush. Mum notices what he's done so she stretches out her hand towards him and smacks his shoulders. He lets out a groan at this.

"How many times do I have to remind you to take your time when eating? You're going to get yourself choked if you continue this way." Mum scowls at him.

He grumbles something under his breath, his voice muffled so I don't exactly hear it. I bet he was complaining about how hungry he was. My dear brother complains of hunger almost every time, that's the only excuse he's able to come up whenever he doesn't want to do what's right. He's such a glutton. I wonder where all the food he eats goes to cause the guy is as skinny as ever. He looks like he's been starved for most part of his life which isn't the case, cause we the Cantons have more than enough.

After I cut my pancakes into smaller pieces just the way I like them pick up a piece with my fork and carefully bring it close to my lips, the aroma alone mouth-watering. Not wanting to torture myself anymore by wasting time, I drop the piece in my mouth and I moan as the pancake hits my taste buds. It was so good, that I felt like crying dry tears.

I wish I could cook this good, that would have been a wonder. I've tried so hard yet my cooking skills never get any better. I've honestly thought it wise to give up, at least I have a brother who cooks so well so I've got no problem with food.

He's a maniac

My brother, aside from being a good cook, rocks it well in terms of getting good grades. I spent sleepless nights learning just so I could make a B and the guy gets A's like he's born for it.

"Mum please could you get me doughnuts from work?" lest I forget, mum is a Baker whatever. She owns 'Canton Bakes It' and my dad, well he's an auditor. He's got his own auditing firm.

"Sure baby, anything for you. Would you also like to have some too Dylan?" Mum grins, she knows perfectly well that Dylan isn't really a big fan of doughnuts. She probably asks him just to pull his legs

The only time Dylan eats doughnuts is when he's in a very good mood.

"No!!" Dylan grunts and I giggle.

"Careful pumpkin, we don't want you choking," Dad says and rubs my back.

We continue to eat in silence after that. Mom kisses both Dylan and me on our foreheads before we head out for school.

"I love you," we hear her say when we are practically out of the room.

-----

Finally, we get to school and I sigh, thanking my lucky stars that I'm not late for class again. I'm tired of having to receive constant counseling from various teachers just for being late. Today I'm in no mood for a counsel. It gets tiring, trust me. This senior year, hopefully, I promise not to ever be late again.

So help me God

Immediately we enter the hallway Dylan heads for his locker and I go to mine. After picking up my books I head for Government class, the first period for the day. I enter the class and other students rush in as well. I walk towards a seat and plop on it, my gaze roams the class as I take in the familiar faces of students, Dylan being one of them, he smiles at me and I roll my eyes in return. I turn my gaze away and just then it locks with a peculiar blue orbs, I turn away abruptly.

Oh! So we're still having similar classes?

I take in a deep breath before lifting my eyes to face the door where students are patrolling, some excited, others also looking like they never wanted to be here in the first place.

A student walks in and their brunette hair is what catches my attention, Camilla Anderson, my best friend for life grins before making her way over to me.

"Good morning." she grins at me.

"Morning. " I smile back.

Ms. Brianne Kearney enters after a while of Camilla and I catching up on you know all the juicy info. Yes!! Girls need to catch up.

The class was painfully long, if only I had my way I would definitely have skipped. When it's break time, Cam and I go to the library to read, Storybooks of course. Maybe I forgot to tell you, although I'm not a big fan of reading subjects -they make me super sleepy- like History, Government and the like, reading romance novels is my thing, they make my day.

Cam, well she's not much into the romance thing. She's into fanfiction, mystery, and adventure kind of stories.

She picks her book, I pick mine and we find ourselves a table.

About just five minutes of being engrossed in reading, I had this urge to just lift my eyes so I did, and just then Grayson Wesley, one of the popular guys, popular for his beauty, trust me he's not a bad boy. I have never heard or seen him fight, Ever!!, in school enters the library with his two best friends Cole Kerington and Pierson Rush. Pierson is the epitome of flirty and Cole, well, he's just Cole.

Each of them picks up a book from the shelf and they take their seats at the table not too far from ours. After staring at them for what felt like hours, I was nudged in the shoulders by Cam. It was then that I realized that I had been taking in their every move and that too for too long. At this realization, I felt embarrassed.

I turned to see Cam smirking at me, I grinned sheepishly. This girl just caught me ogling popular guys. I'm not going to hear the end of this. Just wish me luck.

"You've stared at them for decades, any problem?" she raises her brows.

"No, it's nothing,"I say.

"Sure thing." she scoffs.

We both go back to our books and after a while, Cam being the jovial one among us whispered something funny in my ears and we both cracked up forgetting that we were in the library and that no noise was allowed. The sounds of our giggling made a few heads turn in our direction, so I nudged her in the ribs.

"What?" she says amidst laughter.

"We're in the library, remember?" I whisper.

"Oh!! I forgot," she said eyes still twinkling in amusement.

I raise my head to see if all those we distracted have gone back to whatever they were doing. Indeed they had, except a set of blue eyes whose gaze was still set on our table.

It belonged to no other than Grayson and just as my eyes landed on his, my breath hitched.

"OMG!!" I whispered as my heartbeat accelerated. I turned my head back to the book in front of me as a blush found its way to my cheeks.

Cam furrows her brows at me and I shake my head to indicate nothing is wrong.

Phew!!

*********
Heyya, lovely people. So how's the first chapter so far, let me know in the comment section.

Please remember to tap on the star at the end of the story.

Thanks.

Follow @kadira_writes on Instagram for more quotes and daily poems.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2M 303K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
10.6K 787 42
18-year-old Ashley Whittemore returns to her hometown from New York after her father's death. She didn't want to but she had to - because the person...
Poised By A

Romance

767K 18.5K 39
Poised; - To be ready and prepared to do something. ********** "I'm not that sure you're able to deny what we have, baby-girl." He leaned his face i...
50.7K 2.5K 50
Fallon's sole ambition in life is to escape her miserable hometown once and for all. She dreams of driving away in her convertible and leaving her pa...