The regrets of Katherine Barn...

By blanket-of-moss

Katherine Barnes was a talkative 13 year old girl. She was obsessed with Marvel, The Maze Runner, Harry Potte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A/N:
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
A/N:

Chapter 18

263 9 7
By blanket-of-moss

Three days till the Incident....

After about an hour of struggling, Peter got Ren into the training room. By force.

"Put me down Peter," she yells hitting his back, squirming, poking, anything that she can do.

"Can't," he replies, "Fury's orders."

"I will lick you if you don't put me down!" She yells.

"Okay."

He drops her on a blue mat on the floor in the middle of the training room. Ren looks up at Peter and glares.

Why do people keep dropping me! Ren thinks.

Clint walks up and stands next to Peter, arms crossed.

"What'd you know, you actually got her out of her room," He says smirking. She rolls her eyes.

"If we have to run, I will murder both of you," Ren warns pushing herself up from the mat.

Peter looks at Ren, "How ironic is that. The girl with super speed hates running. "

"Shut it, Parker," Ren growls looking up.

"Someone's not a morning person," he mumbles and walks away. Ren looks up at Clint who has his hand out stretched for her. She takes his hand and helps her up.

"Time for training."

"Joy..."

.•*•.•*•.

"Okay, time for some pull-ups."

"Haha... no," Ren states with a straight face.

Clint turns around to face her, "No?" He says confused.

"Yeah, that's what I said, no you can't make me."

"Look, " He says obviously frustrated, "Fury assigned me to be your trainer. So get on that bar and give me 50!"

"But I have no upper body strength what so ever, "Ren says walking away from the bars.

"That's why your training," Clint says trailing after her.

"Yeah, " Ren looks at him one more time with a smirk, "No." She superspeeds out of the room through the door. Leaving an annoyed Clint in the gym alone. Luna appears behind him.

"She'll come around," she whispers.

"AGH," Clint jumps and falls onto the floor.

Ren runs as far as she can from the gym. She turns around to see if he tried to follow her. Not looking where she's going, she rams straight into the boy from Stark Towers.

"Watch where you're going," the boy grumbles underneath her body. Ren immediately gets off and scrambles away.

"Hey, it's you the guy that I tied up in a tree!" Ren says with a smile pointing at the kid.

He looks at her and rolls his eyes, "Oh...you."

"Rude much," Ren mumbles, "Name's Ren."

"Wait, Ren? Barnes!?" He yells ecstatic. Her eyes go wide and she slowly nods her head...little bit creeped out.

She slowly responds, "Yees...and you are?"

He points to himself with both hands, "It's me! Nathan! Nate? Mr. Popular" He sighs in frustration at her confused face and mumbles, "booboo."

"BOOBOO!" She screams throwing her arms in the air remembering her 'ex-friend'. Slowly the old happy memories of them hanging out turns into the more recent ones of him turning 'popular' with Logan forced to follow and teasing, bullying, and hurting her and Jack all those years. "Booboo..." she says in a menacing voice.

Her happy face turns to a glare. Slowly she stands up.

"Ren..." He says slowly scooting away. His smile turns to a face of terror.

"You!" She points a finger at him, "You little..." She picks a rock from the ground as he stands up and runs the opposite direction. She aims and throws the rock. Watching the rock fly in the air and hit his head. His body falls onto the dusty ground.

"That felt good." She dusts off her hands and starts walking away. Leaving the unconscious, backstabbing, LIAR WHO DOESN'T DESERVE HER- I mean... she left the boy on the ground.

But someone had to ruin the fun. A dark skinned boy with short hair, blue jeans, and a yellow shirt, a smirk on his face, hand raised to stop her right then and there. He shakes his head still smirking.

"Ren, Ren, Ren," he jokes, "After all this time, you still throw rocks."

"Logan, Logan, Logan," she mocks, "When will you learn I never change." Smiling Ren turns around to walk the other direction. Logan has other plans. He grabs her shoulder and spins her around to face him.

"Oh no ya don't," He says, "You're helping me move that." He points to the mound of teenage boy on the ground about 30 yards away from where they're standing.

"But but he's a-"

"Ah-ah-ah," he waves a finger in my face, "Forgive and forget my dear friend."

"But he's-"

"Ah."

"But-"

"AH."

"He's-"

"AHHH!"

"GAH your so annoying," rolling her eyes she walks toward the annoying brat that lays on the ground, Logan following behind her. They reach Nate who lays in an unconscious heap on the dusty ground. Drool dripping out of his mouth (with a little blood, but eh.) His butt raised high in the air, legs bent, face in the dirt. He moans in pain softly.

Ren couldn't keep it in she breaks out laughing, "Who says revenge is stupid! That was great!"

"Yeah, yeah, help me drag him to the infirmary," he says grabbing his legs dragging him. Or trying to drag him...Logan has no muscles what so ever. Ren rolls her eyes and tires(not really) failing also.

"Oh well we tired," Ren says dropping the boy's arm, "Let's leave him for he vultures and let's go catch up on life after popularity!"

"Ren," Logan sighs shaking his head, "Be a kind person...for once."

"Damn you're annoying, "Ren mumbles.

.•^•.•^•.

"Wake up princess..."Ren yells slapping Nate's face.

"Man...he's um... is he still an as-" Jackson asks awkwardly to Logan.

"We have children in the room!" Luna scolds closing her eyes trying to block out him to focus on her patient.

Ren looks around the medical room, then at the three boys, "Who?" Luna points at the boys who are standing on the opposite side of the metal table with an unconscious boy. They (except Nate) look offended.

A small groan draws attention from everyone, except Ren, she couldn't care less. Slowly Nate opens his eyes and groans again. His hand reaches to his head as he sits up. Feeling the bandage around his head. He closes his eyes and lays back down.

"Why do I feel like Thor threw his hammer at my head," he asks the people around him. All eyes are on Ren who is chewing on one of her nails staring off into the distance. Averting her gaze from the outside she stares at everyone.

"What," She looks at Nate, "the shank deserved it!" She points to the boy with her palm. He groans again. "Stop being a baby and women up!"

"And you threw a rock at my head BECAUSE?" He screams sitting up to stare at Ren.

She takes a deep breath smiling then sweetly speaks, "Is murder okay if you're extremely annoyed?" She glares at Nathan. Right as she was going to leap at tackle the boy to the ground Jackson and Logan run around the table and grab here arms and hold her back.

"SON OF A-"

"lalalalalalala," Luna screams holding her ears.

"DESERVES IT!"

Nate looks unamused. As quick as he can he gets off the table and walks up to Ren. Logan starts mouthing "don't do it, don't do it!" Shaking his head.

Nathan ignores his protests and spits out, "Just except it, I'm stronger you crazed dork ."

Ren can't take it any longer she elbows both boys and punches Jackson with a left hook. Quickly he recovers and punches her square in the face. She touches her nose where blood is leaking out. She smirks then kicks his chest. He stumbles back and hits a rolling table with medical tools. It clatters to the ground.

Luna rushes out of the room to get Dr. Banner or Flynn. [A/N To be clear Flynn is a character from one of my favorite TV series The Librarians, you don't really have to know what it is. I just think he's cool.]

The fight continues. Jackson and Logan just stands to the side, not wanting to feel Ren's wrath.

Luna rushes back in with Dr. Banner and Reed Richards.

"Ren!" Reed yells trying to catch her attention. Ignoring her name she focuses on the fight, ducking and hitting at any chance.

Dr.Banner finally understands that they're not going to pull her out of the fight while she's aware of everything.

He reaches for a syringe filled with a sedative and jabs it in Ren's neck. Almost instantly she falls unconscious onto the ground.

.•*•.

Ren's eyes open up to meet Reed's and Banner's. She tries sitting up, but her arms, legs, and torso are strapped to the table.

Rolling her eyes she finally speaks up, "Really guys? Was this all necessary?"

"Yes," Fury speaks from somewhere in the room. The two men walk away from the table to look at some screens with Ren's health. "You-"

"Me." Ren says smirking.

He sighs in frustration, "Yes, you started beatening up Mr.Richards. Why?"

"It's personal Director," she states plainly. He sighs and rubs a hand over his tired face.

"Barnes, you can't afford to get in anymore trouble. People already don't trust you."

"Wait," Ren looks at him confused, "What?"

"You haven't noticed? People think you're some spy sent by Loki. Most of them want you out. I can't have let that happen. We need you for the revolution."

"Right, right," Ren says sarcastically, " 'Cause family is not important at all."

"Katherine-"

"Never call me Katherine, " she hisses.

"Uh..." Banner starts, "Not to interrupt, this, but you need to see this Director." He walks over to the Desk with the screen with Ren's health.

"Oh god..."

"WHAT?" Ren asks frantically, "What's wrong?"

"Ren..." Reed starts after looking at the screen, "You're dying."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1.5K 32
Maze Runner Imagines and Preferences with a whole lot of junk in between... Give it a try! :D P.s. This book is currently being edited. Chapters mark...
784K 39.8K 61
For seventeen year old Newt, the number ten is everything. Ten steps. Ten times you must snap your fingers. Ten nods of your head. Ten. When he's put...
248K 6.7K 97
At 7 she was found covered in dirt by a god and brought to Asgard At 8 she taken by hydra At 9 they discovered her powers At 11 she saw a tabby cat...
257 15 7
!!Very infrequent updates!! In the heart of New York City, where dreams supposedly come true, there lives a teenager named Peter Parker. However, unl...