Entangled (Yuta x Reader)

By Psychic1808

A group of students are gathered to be trained to find out their superpowers. What happens if they are unable... More

Introduction
1. Silent Soul
2. Friends
3. Accident
4. Signs?
5. Death Touch
6. Fight
7. Rumours
8. Revelation
9. Truth
10. First Lesson
11. Training
12. Truth (Pt. 2)
13. Feelings
14. Fire
Superpowers
15. First Battle
16. Aftermath
17. Angry?
18. Secret
19. Don't Give Up
20. Mistake
22. Second Battle
23. Exhausted
24. Worried
25. Ready
26. Moments
27. Confession
28. Final Battle
Discussion
29. Not Her Fault
30. Together
Question & Answer
Sequel!!

21. The Creeks

557 40 16
By Psychic1808

(Y/N)'s pov:

We had told Yuta about the secret Jaemin saw during the first battle and he was quite displeased, because we didn't reveal it to anyone earlier. As expected we were gathered in the main hall because Mr. X had another vision indicating that the second battle is near. Just this information was enough for us, but we were gathered because the old man knew we were hiding something from them. Said he saw it in his visions but I'm in no mood to believe him. On being presurred by Yuta, Jaemin and I decided to disclose it today. What happens after it, and how people would take the news is all I could expect now.

"Looks like you three were hiding something important from us." said Johnny who pulled a chair and sat on it, his front facing the back post of the chair as he rested his chin on the top rail. Jaemin had his head hung low, unable to answer Johnny, whereas Yuta seemed unaffected as he didn't care to explain him anything.

"It was my fault. I wanted to keep it a secret." I blurted out but soon regretted as everyone looked at me with their eyebrows raised. "Well... I didn't know how you would react to the news so...." I trailed off as two figures entered the main hall.

There were no greetings shared between us. The moment they came in the Chief spoke up. "Without further ado, spill it. Everything you know."

Through the corner of my eyes I could see Jaemin gathering up courage by taking deep breaths. He then raised his eyes to meet the old man's who had taken a seat right in front of him.

"Well... I accidentally touched a Creeks cloak during the first battle, when I wasn't using my second power. I did see some suspicious things but those were just like puzzle pieces. My head started throbbing the moment I touched it so I couldn't endure any longer and I had to withdraw my hand. If we put these puzzle pieces together, there's only one thing we get to know......and that's too frightening. "

"I'm not really sure but I saw a scene where the queen was making those creatures.....I mean... The Creeks..on her own. She kept on repeating 'You need a soul to become stronger'."

"A soul?" asked Xiaojun leaning forward to get a better understanding of the conversation.

"Yes. And I saw something else too, which kept on distracting me the whole time. After the final battles that took place earlier, the superhuman's souls were being removed from their body.....by the Queen. So what we concluded was-" Jaemin looked towards me and Yuta, but was cut off by the old man.

"The Creeks are none other but the superhumans themselves." he said, complete shock in his voice. The Chief's expression was nothing different from what others had, making me think that this was a new information for them too.

"Seems like the Queen has trapped the souls of the superhumans who existed earlier, into those creatures, and gave them the name Creeks." Yuta continued after sensing the quiet atmosphere in the main hall. "But what confuses us the most is how did she fight with those creatures during the first final battle that took place. As per my knowledge, the superhumans who fought in that battle where among the first ones to be born with their powers. Who did she trap in those Creeks for that battle then?"

"What did the Queen kept on saying Jaemin? When you saw those scenes play in your head?" I asked, bending forward a little, to get a better look at Jaemin, as Yuta was sitting in the middle.

"You need a soul to become stronger." Jaemin replied quite confidently.

"Maybe those Creatures work even without a soul. Probably they are weaker so they need a soul to become a stronger version of themselves. And the souls are of superhumans, so of course they would become stronger if their souls are trapped in them." I said while I looked at the old man.

"That could be true" said Elena, as she processed the information. "What about the first female Yokai, Mr. X? How did she die?"

"In the second battle. She wasn't strong enough. She lost her life by just testing her powers on the Creeks, above her toleration level." said the Old man with a sad voice. No wonder he was a part of their unit and among the first superhumans so he would have been depressed a lot by all those losses.

"Then that makes sense! Only the male Yokai and Ronens were left to fight in the final battle so it was easier for the Queen to destroy them with the Creeks she had and to win the battle." said Ray, who was sitting beside me.

"All these years I lived without gathering such an important information." the old man's head hung low as he rested it on his hands which were placed on his weak knees.

"Does that mean we would be fighting the superhumans? Who are probably our seniors?" Lucas asked in confusion. Everyone started conversing with each other as noises erupted in the hall.

"That's what we were afraid of. If you all would back up because it's the previous superhumans we are fighting. That's why we kept it as a secret. But it can happen the other way round. We can fight for them, our seniors." I said loudly between those noises.

"Yes! But we fight with the intention to free their souls which are trapped in those creatures. To finally let their souls rest in peace. We have more objectives now to win this battle. And we can make it through." Taeyong said. Again he was the one to cheer up everyone's mood so that we don't get distracted from fighting. Everyone agreed to him, this time a different spark was seen in everyone's eyes, which was filled with complete rage as well as determination.

"Alright students. Get ready for the second battle. (Y/N)! We count on you." the Chief said, giving a small smile to me. "Mr. X, I want to talk to you." the Chief continued and he escorted the old man to his office.

There was a moment of silence in the hall. No one spoke until we all heard some sniffles. We all looked around to find where the noises where coming from, but my eyes landed on Alex whose head hung low. On realizing that everyone was now looking at him and the noise was coming from his direction, Ray spoke up.

"What's wrong Alex?" she asked, concern laced in her voice as she stood up from her place to stand beside him.

He finally lifted up his face. He wasn't crying but he was about to, any second. He put on those sad face on which I had never seen before, because he was always so bright and lively. He blinked few times, probably pushing back the tears in, as he looked at me. "Why does it have to be you?" he asked, his voice completely different from his normal one. "Why are you the one who should die?"

For a moment I thought he was joking, but his face showed no change of expression for the next few minutes. "I-I..." I stuttered, not actually knowing how to reply. It was the exact question I have been asking myself till this day. Why did it had to be me? But again, it wasn't right wanting someone else to go through everything that I'm going through right now. After all I'm the only one who understands my pain. Wanting someone else to feel my pain and wanting someone else to take my place would make a freak out of me.

Everyone had put on those sad faces now, except for one and I didn't want to look at her. It could be possible that I can die tomorrow. That would mean I will end up like the first female Yokai. "Cheer up guys. Stop feeling sorry for me." I said, trying to light up their mood, not knowing that somewhere inside I was breaking down myself.

"It makes no sense if we live without you." Alex said. "I wouldn't have anyone to talk to, to tease or even play around with."

"I know it hasn't been too many days, but your existence brought some meaning into our lives. I don't want to loose that." Ray said as she patted Alex's back.

"Exactly!" said Elena as she stood beside them. I couldn't help but smile at their heartwarming confessions. They wouldn't have said it if I were to be alive. I looked down to my feet not able to meet their eyes and reply to them.

"It would have been great if you could live along with us" Taeyong said. And that caught me off guard. Live along with us? It was either I die or we all die. But they seemed like they were so sure that they would make it out alive, that I could save them by giving my life, that we could win the final battle. That was what they expected from me. Again this thought never left me.

And I'm afraid I won't come up to their expectations.

________________

(A/N)'s note:

Okay so this is it!
The next chapter would probably be the second battle.
I would be completing this story within few days as I would be quite busy later.
Pls look forward to the rest of the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542 21 4
In a rough world of Cursed Spirts and Curse Users, Jujutsu High must train and prepare future Sorcerers for such a rough lifestyle. Follow the story...
350K 9.7K 65
We all live in a supernatural world. Werewolves, Vampires, Angels, every fiction characters are real. Humans with supernatural powers, normal ones, o...
77.4K 4.5K 50
Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. Wielders of fire are as dangerous as the ele...
31.3K 1.2K 40
โ˜… ๐“‚ % ๐Ÿก โ—ž ยก ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿณ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป! โ why me? i'm just your average teenager, there's nothing special about me. โž ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต...