Entangled (Yuta x Reader)

By Psychic1808

A group of students are gathered to be trained to find out their superpowers. What happens if they are unable... More

Introduction
1. Silent Soul
2. Friends
3. Accident
4. Signs?
5. Death Touch
6. Fight
7. Rumours
8. Revelation
9. Truth
10. First Lesson
11. Training
12. Truth (Pt. 2)
13. Feelings
14. Fire
Superpowers
15. First Battle
16. Aftermath
18. Secret
19. Don't Give Up
20. Mistake
21. The Creeks
22. Second Battle
23. Exhausted
24. Worried
25. Ready
26. Moments
27. Confession
28. Final Battle
Discussion
29. Not Her Fault
30. Together
Question & Answer
Sequel!!

17. Angry?

594 46 34
By Psychic1808

(Y/N)'s pov:

I had been sleeping all the day. Kun was right. I needed a lot of rest. But I had to train too. After how I ended up in the first battle, I have to put in a lot of effort. It wasn't too late for my training session to start, so I decided to have some breakfast before it.

I grabbed some food and sat on a table with Alex beside me. Ray and Elena had already eaten so they preferred to take a walk in the grounds.

"Eat slowly or you'll choke to death" said Alex as I was stuffing my mouth with the food. I ignored his comment and continued eating my food quickly.

"It's time for my training. I don't want to be late." I said as I took one last bite. He looked at me and shook his head showing some disapproval.

"You just made it out alive. Don't you think you need more rest?" he asked.

"Do you think that Cold dog would let me off for a day?" I asked him but he went back to eating as he knew he couldn't give an answer to that.

"Take the day off." I heard his cold voice behind me and I dropped my spoon on realizing. Alex slowly looked up at him but I couldn't dare to meet his eyes. "Have some good rest." Yuta said as he walked past our table with his food tray.

"For how long has he been here?" said Alex as he continued to eat. As for me I looked at Yuta leaving the Cafeteria. For some reason I felt bad, so I immediately stood up with my tray and proceeded to follow him out. "Where are you going? Didn't he give you the day off?" Alex screamed behind me but I didn't wait to reply him.

I ran through the corridor searching for Yuta as I lost track of him. On turning around the hallway I spotted him leaning on a pillar with his hands in his pockets. He slowly looked up at me, making eye contact for few seconds. The hallway was unusually empty and it gave me the shivers to be there alone with him. He never moved away his eyes from me, and a part of me wanted us to stay like that. I just shook off the thoughts said. "Let's go practice. I don't want to take the day off."

He didn't complain. He just looked down at his feet and then slowly walked towards me. "Let's go" he said quietly as he went past me without waiting. I followed him to our practice room without saying anything. Is he angry because of that nickname? I thought.

On reaching the practice room he started flipping through the pages of few books. He didn't speak to me so I thought I should be the one starting the conversation. "Are you angry?" I asked. He didn't reply. He just kept on turning the pages and reading it.

"Is it because of the nickname, Cold dog?" I asked again. It was clearly evident that he had found out I kept that name for him. For few seconds he stopped reading and looked somewhere else. Taking his silence as an answer I decided to explain.

"I kept it because you always act cold around me-"

"Didn't you ask me to overcome my feelings? Do you think I can do that by acting all sweet towards you?" he literally snapped at me. It was my turn to stay silent now. Wait. But he used to stay like that every time. Even before he confessed. I thought.

"You acted like that since the first day." I mumbled quietly, but he was quick enough to hear it. He just released a big sigh.

"I'm sorry." he said. My eyes widened in shock at his sudden change of behavior. "You are right. I'm just angry on myself for staying like this all the time..... I never gave you a reason to like me back." he said lowering his head.

As much as I wanted to comfort him by saying the multiple reasons which led me to fall for him, I didn't want him to know about it. I restrained from doing that. It would just lead to hopes. False hopes.

"Alright.. Let's start the practice." he said after few minutes and I followed his words. The rest of the session was quiet. He completely changed into the strict trainer he is in seconds which made me surprised. We were almost done for the day. I still had ten minutes left, but Yuta said that our practice for today was enough. So I decided to look through those books along with him.

Just then, the door knob turned, indicating someone was coming in. I tilted my head a bit to get a better look at the person. It was the same girl who had asked me about Yuta the previous day. She let her blonde hair fall freely on her shoulders unlike last time. Her eyes wandered around and landed on Yuta who was sitting in a chair at few distance from my right. He had looked down after noticing her presence, probably thinking she had come to meet me. Alice gave me a small smile and walked towards Yuta, but something stopped me from returning her the smile.

"Yuta?" Alice called him and he lifted his head to look at her. "Can I talk to you for few minutes?" she asked him, fidgeting her fingers again. He stood up from the chair and placed the book behind him on a rack. "Go ahead." he said.

"Umm...Can I talk with you..alone?" she asked again and turned towards me with pleading eyes. I was able to conclude that she was here to confess to him, by reading her mind. I somehow felt hurt and didn't want to let them talk but I knew my thoughts weren't right. When I asked him to overcome his feelings, why do I care if he has a chance to move on?

"Yeah sure! You both can leave if you want to talk." I said because I didn't want to leave the room for her privacy. Also I wanted to hear what his answer will be. I felt so selfish, but couldn't help it. Yuta was literally taking turns to look at me and then her.

"Uh well... Don't you think it would be fine if you leave us for few minutes?" she tried to ask politely while gritting her teeth as she completely turned towards me so that her back was facing Yuta.

"Don't you think you're disturbing my practice session right now?" I asked, clearly pissed off at her. Once I realized that I used a somewhat harsh tone, I continued. "There are still five minutes for my training to complete. And I can't waste my time just because you both have something to talk about." I took another book and slammed it on the table before opening it, just so that she knows how annoyed I was by her presence.

She slightly scoffed at my reply and turned towards Yuta, who had been looking at me with an eyebrow raised. "So.. Can we-"

"Just say it here. I'm in no mood to walk out" said Yuta as he picked up another book from the rack behind him. There was an awkward tension in the air as we three were silently staring at random places.

Finally, Alice decided to speak. "About the Yokai couple thing? Is it true?" she asked Yuta. For a moment we both froze at our spots. I didn't expect her to ask that as the first thing. Yuta averted his eyes in my direction, but I kept mine glued to the book I was holding in my hands.

"Is that what you wanted to ask?" he said with a cold voice and expression. She just looked at me and asked him.
"Should I take it as a no?" There was a moment of silence again. I wasn't feeling quite well around them. I thought he would be more free to answer her if I wasn't present at the place. I quickly checked my watch and as it was time, I picked up the book I was reading. "I'll see you around." I told Yuta. He gave a small nod and I walked out.

"Why do you even care?" I heard him ask her, before closing the door behind me. He was not giving her a proper answer to the question. I wanted to leave but my feet were frozen to that spot just to hear his answer. Through the small space between the door, I could see them standing and speaking.

"Because I like you....since the first day we met. I wanted to let you know but I was too scared. When I heard about the Yokai couple story, I was taken aback a little. But my friends urged me to take a step and talk to you first." she kept on speaking while he was just looking at the spot I sat on before leaving. "If you are fine with it... Can we-?"

"No" I heard him say. Although I couldn't see Alice's face, I was sure she was hurt. Unlike few minutes before I pitied on her now. "I'm sorry but I'm not interested." he told her while looking down at her small figure. A part of me felt happy as he didn't accept her, but a part of me felt ashamed of thinking it.

"Is it because of her? (Y/N)?" Her voice was quieter now. She would have felt a sharp pain when he said those words.

"I already answered your question. So you can leave now" he said sharply as he took his seat again. I couldn't help but run as quickly as I could to the grounds, before they noticed my presence. The ground was usually packed with students, but it seemed like they went to grab some lunch. As for me I wasn't feeling hungry. All I could think was how to overcome my feelings that has grown for him.

______________

(A/N)'s note:

Another update!
I hope you all like the story now that their is some twist in it.
Here is a picture of Alice!!

LOL jk!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 659 67
(They/Them pronouns) You'd think a school would like to discipline their students when they get into a fight, but nope. Instead of detention or susp...
1.2K 66 7
in which a mysterious user by the pseudonym of dr_magic2303 starts popping up on your university's online forums curing everyone's magical ailments...
77.4K 4.5K 50
Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. Wielders of fire are as dangerous as the ele...
214K 11.3K 37
❝are you from japan? cuz i'm trying to get in japanties.❞ ↳ book 2 - try again 2018 © yonooh | highest ranking: #1 in yuta