More Then the Music (Glee Sam...

By risingstar99

"What do you want JBI?" "More info on your family life. I've heard speculations that your mom is-" "She's not... More

Cast List
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
The Rocky Horror Glee Show
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
A Very Glee Christmas
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It on the Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
A Night of Neglect
Born This Way
Rumours
Prom Queen
Funeral
New York
Season 3
I Kissed A Girl
Hold Onto Sixteen
Extraordinary Merry Christmas
Yes/No
Michael
The Spanish Teacher
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Saturday Night Glee-Ver
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Props
Nationals
Goodbye
Season 4
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born to Play
Glease
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Glee, Actually
Sadie Hawkins
Naked
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Wonder-ful
All Or Nothing
Season 5
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
The Quarterback
A Katy or a Gaga
Movin' Out
Puppet Master
Trio
City of Angels
100
New New York
Bash
Tested
Opening Night
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
Season 6
Loser Like Me
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
The Hurt Locker Pt. 1
The Hurt Locker Pt. 2
What the World Needs Now
Transitioning
A Wedding
Child Star
The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester
We Built This Glee Club
Extra: missed bdays + suprises
Dreams Come True
Sam and Lexi ~ The Happiest Day of Our Lives
••Thank You••
Lexi Evans

New Directions

900 19 12
By risingstar99

5x13 ~ NEW DIRECTIONS ~
••••••
Graduation week was upon the seniors, and Lexi was in disbelief that it had arrived so quickly. She was also stoked about graduating, and moving to New York with her friends, and her boyfriend. There was also a sense of sadness lingering in the air, although being with everyone had lightened her mood.

Right now, Lexi, and a few of the other members were in the choir room, cleaning it, and packing up the trophies - Mr. Schue's orders. Lexi had to bite her lip to prevent her from breaking down as her and Sam packed away a trophy together.

"What are you guys doing?" Tina asked, entering the room. She seemed quite confused as to why the room was being packed up so soon.

"Well, Mr. Schue wanted us to pack away the trophies before Sue came in and had the Cheerios do it." Lexi answered. "It was the reasonable thing to do, knowing that the Cheerios would only create fiascos and chaos."

At that, Tina began to get emotional. Seeing this, Rachel immediately stopped what she was doing, and wandered over to her friend, pulling her into a hug. "No, don't get upset." She said quality.

"I'm upset." Tina replied, despite the attempted consolation from Rachel.

Blaine decided to share his news in hopes of lifting the low mood. "Gusy, you might want to sit down for this. I have some huge news."

"You guys got married, and adopted Russian twin babies. Yes!" Sam cheered, while holding a trophy in his hands, which earned him some confused expressions from the group.

"Blaine got into NYADA!" Kurt said, excitedly. He was over the moon about his fiance attending the same school as him.

"I got into NYADA!" Blaine repeated, as the group congratulated him. He chuckled, when Lexi pulled him into a hug.

"Wow! Oh, my god!" Tina exclaimed happily. "You guys, do you know what this means? All of us...We're all going to New York together!"

Sam was overly excited, a little too much, that he spun around, unintentionally hitting Tina in the head with his trophy he was holding in his hands. Lexi gasped as Tina fell to floor, as her friends stood there, trying to grasp what had unfolded in those short seconds.

After a few moments, the group kneeled down next to Tina who was unconscious. "How hard did you knock her out?" Lexi asked, Sam who shrugged.

"Not too hard, and I didn't mean to." He replied, as she sighed.

"Well, she's unconscious." Lexi pointed out.

After some time had passed, she woke up with a smile on her face, which puzzled Lexi. How could someone smile after being knocked out?

"Tina, i'm so sorry." Sam was quick to apologize. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm great. You guys, New York, it's gonna be great!"
---------
Mercedes and Kurt had gathered everyone into the auditorium later that afternoon. They stood together on the stage, looking out at their friends.

"You know, being here with everyone has brought so many good feelings and memories, and...I mean, look at Puck and Quinn." Mercedes motioned to the couple. "I mean, I have no idea what's going on there, nor do I know where her boyfriend ran off to, but it looks like we can be expecting another accidental pregnancy sometime soon." She joked lightly.

Lexi chuckled as Quinn shook her head, while Puck made a face. No one knew if the couple was officially back together or not, but it was clear to her that Biff had disappeared. "Hopefully off the face of the earth." She thought to herself.

"Yeah, yeah. But, alas, with the old good feelings come the old bad ones, too. Why, just today, Mercedes and I were in the lunch line when a battle from way back in the day came out, and we found ourselves at each other's throats again." Kurt added.

"I'm going to come right out and say it, this was about the tots, right?" Lexi asked, as the two nodded at her with smiles.

"Yes, I know." Kurt said. "It's really hard to see friends fighting, but I'm just glad none of you were there to watch it." He added.

"I was right behind you in line." Artie pointed out, as Lexi chuckled, leaning her head against Sam's shoulder, while he had his arm around her. She could tell where Mercedes and Kurt were headed with this. It was an indirect intervention for Rachel and Santana who were still in a feud.

"Because the most upsetting thing is watching two people you love fight about something ridiculous, and there not being anything you can do to stop it, but, thankfully we made up and we have never been closer."

"Mmh, and we've decided to heal our hearts with a song."

{I Am Changing - Sung by Mercedes Jones and Kurt Hummel}
----------

Somehow, Lexi had ended up in a classroom, in a club - the animal husbandry club - to be exact. What she was doing there? She had no idea. Although, Quinn was there as well, along with Blaine, Kurt,  Mike, and Rachel. She decided to stay for Quinn, Mike, Kurt, and Blaine, not Rachel since she wasn't really friends with her per say, and probably never would be. And she was okay with that.

"Hey there, animal husbandry club!" Holly greeted the students who attended the club. Lexi had to admit that their former substitute teacher was making this week memorably fun.

"I'm animal rights activist temple grandin! Overcoming autism gave me insight into how to slaughter livestock in a more humane way. I think in pictures, not words, and I'm hypersensitive to loud noise! But that don't mean I don't know how to party. Hit it!" She said, as the music began to play.

{Party All the Time - Sung by Holly Holliday and the New Directions}

Holly took off her costume, and managed to get the New Directions jamming along, and singing the song with her. They went from the school, to a place that was full of hundreds of balloons and foam.

Lexi laughed while her, Kurt, Blaine, Mike and Quinn, vibed to the music, with the rest of the group. All of them dancing and singing, and managing to forget that Glee was ending. This must be why she enjoyed having Holly around. She made it bearable, and took them on the best field trips.

"How's that for a field trip?!"
--------

The 2013 seniors were gathered in the choir room, cleaning up the multiple lilies from Brittany and Santana's talk a few minutes before. Lexi was the one who'd bought the lilies, due to Brittany being a little carried away with math, although she had asked her to buy them. She paid her back in fake cash, and to be honest, Lexi didn't mind at all.

Sam smiled, as he watched Lexi placing the lilies away. She felt him staring, and turned to him, sending him a smile back his way. He smirked, causing her to blush. She shook it off, and allowed him to pull her into his arms, as they enjoyed their moment, that was until Tina ruined the mood.

"My life is literally over." Tina groaned, as she entered the choir room.

"What's wrong, Tina?" Blaine asked, from his place at the piano.

"Nothing. Just the fact that I'm going to spend the rest of my life in Lima because I'm not Jewish enough. I didn't get into Mitzvah, so I guess I'm the only one in this room who's not going to New York." She explained frustratedly.

"Since when were you Jewish?" Lexi frowned.

"Why? You don't need a college acceptance letter to get over that bridge." Sam said, pulling out a cahir, and sitting in front of her.

" I can't just go there without some kind of plan." Tina protested.

"Well, uh, Kurt did, and I think he's doing pretty great. It's an adventure." Blaine smiled softly.

Not for me. You don't understand. Without some kind of direction, I just feel like a giant, free-floating loser." Tina complained.

"Yeah, like me." Sam said, as he picked up the guitar, knowing there was going to be a song involved.

"And me." Lexi smiled softly.

"And me." Artie agreed, as Blaine began to play a slowed version of Loser Like Me on the piano, while Sam strummed his guitar, and Lexi sat herself on top of the piano, smiling at Sam before looking at Artie who wheeled himself closer the piano.

Blaine
You may think
that I'm a zero
And everyone you want to be
Probably started off like me
You may say that I'm a freak show
But give it just a little time
I bet you're gonna change your mind

Sam
All of the dirt
you've been throwin' my way

Sam, Lexi
It ain't so hard to take

Sam
'Cause I know one day
You'll be screamin' my name

Sam, Lexi
And I'll just look away

Sam
Yeah, I'll just look away

Tina, Artie
Just go ahead and hate on me
Run your mouth
so everyone can hear
Hit me with the worst
you got
Knock me down
Baby, I don't care
Keep it up, and soon enough
You'll figure out
You wanna be
You wanna be

Artie
A loser like me

Sam
Push me up
against the locker
Oh, oh

Sam, Lexi
All I do is shake it off
I'll get you back
when I'm your boss

Sam
I'm not thinkin'
'bout you haters
No

Artie, Lexi
And I could be a superstar
I'll see you
when you wash my car

Blaine, Tina
And all of the dirt
you've been throwin' my way

Blaine
It ain't so hard to take
Oh, and, and

Blaine, Tina
I know one day
you'll be screamin' my name
And I'll just look away

Sam, Blaine, Lexi, Tina (Artie)
Just go ahead
and hate on me
And run your mouth  (run your mouth)
So everyone can hear
Hit me with the worst you got
and knock me down
(And knock me down)
Baby, I don't care
Keep it up, and soon enough
you'll figure out
You wanna be
You wanna be
(You wanna be)
A loser like me
( Loo-oo-oo-oo)
A loser like me
(A loser like me)

:Ooh, that was nice." Blaine smiled softly, before pulling Tina into a side hug.

"Hey, please, please, please, please come to New York." He begged, as Tina smiled.

"You don't need a plan. You'll figure something out once you get there. We can get an apartment." Artie added.

"You guys are the best. Let's do this." Tina agreed, as the group smiled at her, and cheered.
---------
Everyone sat watching in slight shock as Quinn and Puck performed Just Give Me a Reason together. Lexi knew it was a way of telling the group they were back together.

"I'd like to make an announcement." Quinn smiled, as the applause and cheers died down after their performance. "Puck has asked me to go out with him as boyfriend and girlfriend. 'Cause you know, we've never actually dated. So, hum, I decided to throw caution to the wind and say yes."

"Wait what?" Puck asked, surprised, as everyone else gasped quietly. Quinn turned to her boyfriend with a small smile.

"Yeah, I can't make any promises, but, you know, you're the only guy who's actually been okay with me just being myself." She confessed.

"Well, once you've seen a baby come out of a girl's magic garden, everything else is easily acceptable." Puck shrugged, as Lexi made a face.

"Are you really sure about this, Quinn?" Lexi asked, teasingly, as Quinn rolled her eyes playfully, before turning back to Puck, placing a hand on his cheek, so he'd look at her.

"I think I love you, Puck." She whispered as he smiled. "And I know it's not gonna be easy,waht with me in New Haven and you... Who knows where. But I'd rather do hard with you than easy with somebody else."

"Wanky." Santana smirked, causing Quinn to laugh quietly.

"Santana, for once, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your inevitable snark to yourself." She replied, as Sanatana shook her head with a genuine smile.

"No, no. Look, I got to be honest, I really like this pairing." She commented, as Lexi nodded with a smirk.

"Come here." Quinn said quality, as she pulled Puck in, marking their first official kiss as girlfriend and boyfriend. At that everyone clapped, and cheered, while she waved her hand at them, signalling them to stop.

Mr. Schue nodded at Lexi who stood up, and walked to the front, once Quinn and Puck had cleared out of the way.

"So, I know that we are still singing songs that we've performed before, only modernized...however, for this little goodbye, it didn't seem suitable." She smiled, nodding for Blaine, Sam, Artie, and Tina to join her in the middle. "All that aside, us seniors would like to leave all of you, especially the underclassmen with a goodbye, and one final song. If that's okay with everyone."

"Absolutely." Mr. Schue smiled, as the seniors got into their places. Lexi sat down on a chair with her ukulele, while Sam sat beside her with his guitar, and Blaine sat at the piano, while Tina and Artie prepared to sing.

Lexi
I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you

Tina
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Artie
I see skies of blue
And clouds of white

Sam
The bright blessed day
The dark sacred night

Blaine
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Lexi
The colors of the rainbow
So pretty in the sky

Sam, Lexi
Are also on the faces
Of people going by

Tina, Artie, Blaine
I see friends shaking hands
Saying how do you do
They're really saying
I love you

All
I hear babies cry
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
Than I'll ever know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Ooh, yes

Once they finished singing, everyone was in tears, watching with soft eyes, as Lexi smiled through her tears, along with the rest of the graduates. She smiled, as Sam wrapped his arms around her, both of them in dire need of a hug.

"Well, in many ways, that brings us full circle, which is perfect because that was officially...The last song that will ever be sung in Glee Club." Mr. Schue spoke up after a while, causing the whole group to go silent, realizing this was the end of an era. "We all have more songs to sing. We just can't sing them in here anymore...Glee Club is officially over. Thank you, ugys. It's been an honor."
----------

Lexi stood waiting backstage with the first year Glee Club, as she listened to the video being played. With Holly's help, they'd created a video to thank Mr. Schue, and welcome his unborn baby.

"Hey." Rachel said in the video. "So, we don't actually know your name because this video was made before you were born, but you are the son or daughter of our teacher, Will Schuester."

"You know, many of us don't get to know our dads as men until they're older, past middle age, maybe a little beaten down by life." Kurt added. "But we want to tell you about what your dad was like when he was young."

"When he could dance like Fred Astaire." Mike said.

"And sing like Michael Buble." Marley smiled.

"He was an incredible teacher." Quinn said in the next clip.

"Your dad and I almost hooked up, which means I could have been your mom. Hit me up when you want your first tattoo. I know a guy." Holly said with a wink.

"If it wasn't for your dad, I would've been living life with a fake stutter." Tina said, pausing before continuing. "You had to be there."

"Okay, it may seem a little weird to you, but back here in the Dark Ages, it was still crazy for girls to love girls, and guys to love guys, but your dad made sure that we felt safe loving whoever we chose." Santana smiled.

"He does this magic trick where he pulls a duck out of a hat. You should have him show you sometime." Brittany said with an innocent smile.

"Your dad ensured that Glee CLub was not only a safe space, but a comforting one." Lexi smiled.

"Your dad had a passion for teaching." Sam said in the next clip. At that, Lexi giggled quietly, recalling filming him the day before. "He really loved the moment when he connected with a kid. And he was prone to overemotional yet inspiring pep talks."

"To put it simply, I was not a particularly nice person." Puck admitted, as he bent down, picking up a book and handing it to the student who had dropped it. "That sweater's legit." He complimented, before turning back to the camera. "And then your dad came along and I became a man who was kind a relatively large portion of the time."

"I can say without a doubt that your dad saved my life." Kurt appeared on screen again. "Little Hepburn and Tracey wouldn't have a daddy if it wasn't for your dad. Those are the names of my kids who aren't born yet."

"We used a surgotte." Blaine nodded, as the two of them laughed, Quinn appearing beside them with a smile.

"I donated the egg."

"In this whole wide world you'll never meet a man who is more accepting and open to nature of all its wonders than your father." Unique added. "He's a gem."

"The best thing about your dad and that horrible perm of his, is that no matter how talentless, misshapen, ugly, miserable or sexually ambiguous you are, he will still love you unconditionally." Sue said, as the group laughed at that.

"Your dad made sure that everyone in this school understood what it was like to see the world from this chair, and he helped me see all that I could be even though I was in it." Artie said.

"He is the most genuine..." Quinn smiled.

"Honest." Kurt added to the chain of compliments.

"Kind..." Puck said.

"Loyal..." Lexi smiled.

"Generous..." Santana said.

"Sand dollar..." Brittany blurted out.

"Amazing man any of us have ever met." Rachel finished. "He loved and looked after every one of us with as much care and concern as he does for you. We love your dad. We love him very, very much, and no matter where we are, or what we're doing he's with us. Because, we have his name tattooed in our hearts."

As the video came to a conclusion, the beginning notes to Don't Stop Believin' began to play. At that, Lexi teared up, as she only felt love and appreciation for everyone who'd come through the Glee Club in the time it ran. She hoped to whatever god there was that this feeling of family and fullness would never fade away, and that their bond would remain strong for years to come.
-----------
That evening, it was the graduation ceremony, and Lexi was still in a stage of shock, and utter disbelief that she'd reached this milestone. She stood waiting for her name to be called, but smiling and clapping and cheering when she heard her friend's names being called.

"Artie Abrams."

"Blaine Anderson."

"Lexi Torres."

Hearing her name, Lexi smiled, entering through the curtain. As she made her way down the stairs toward the stage, she could see her friends, and Sam sending her proud smiles. She imagined how proud Finn and Sara would be of her. She graduated with a 4.5 GPA, she was valedictorian, and she was headed to NYU. She was really living the dream. As she reached the stage, she received her certificate from Sue, who smiled proudly at her. Lexi proceeded to flip her tassel, before going to hug Blaine and Artie.

"Tina Cohen-Chang."

"Sam Evans."

"Rebecca Jackson."

They all cheered and clapped for Becky as she walked onto stage, while Sue continued to call the other graduates to stage. Tina turned to look at her friends, a smile growing on her face.

"Blaine, you guys, I can't go to New York with you." She spoke up.

"Wait..." Lexi said, raising her eyebrow while she held onto Sam's hand. She was rather confused where this conversation was going.

"TIna Cohen-Crazy. You can't get cold feet on us now." Blaine spoke up, shaking his head.

"No, it's not that." Tina chuckled. "I was gonna tell you later, but the Dean of Admissions from Brown called me this morning..."

"And you got in?" Sam asked, excitement evident in his voice, as everyone's eyes widened.

"I got in!" She exclaimed happily as they all clapped and cheered, pulling her in for a group hug.

"Oh! Tina. Congratulations!" Blaine smiled.

"Wow, that is great." Artie nodded.

"Thank you."

"And finally..." Sue said, as the group turned to her. "Brittany S. Pierce."

"Go Britt!" Lexi called over the crowd. She laughed as the girl got up, allowing Santana to put on her gown and hat, and ran up to the stage.

Picking up her certificate, Brittany proceeded to rush over to her friends, and pick Lexi up in a hug.

"I did it." She whispered. "I'm graduating!" She smiled, as Lexi returned her hug.

"Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the William McKinley High graduating class of 2013!"

With that, they all threw their caps in the air, before taking a moment to celebrate this accomplishment in their life.

Sam twirled Lexi into his arms, before dipping her over, just like Finn had done the year before with Rachel. At that, Lexi laughed, allowing Sam to capture her lips in his, as she held her arm around his neck for balance. Once he set her back up to standing position, she smiled up at him, as he smiled back down at her.

"New York, here we come!" Lexi cheered, as he chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 1K 23
"And you, Winnie Archer?" The boy turned to face Winnie next, who just rolled her eyes. "Rumor has it you are heartbroken about the departure of Hobo...
124K 4K 22
"All I'm saying is... Try out for a club other than your art club." Harry insisted, pulling up with the car in front of the school, but making sure n...
13.6K 268 13
Surprisingly enough, Sam wasn't all that nervous. Sure, what he was about to do was important and it could potentially change his life, but as he sto...
426K 8.1K 54
𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐄 𝐗 𝐎𝐂 ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ "indecisive feeling of enjoyment. hold the thought, i think i need a moment. ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ in which a always happy blonde...