More Then the Music (Glee Sam...

By risingstar99

"What do you want JBI?" "More info on your family life. I've heard speculations that your mom is-" "She's not... More

Cast List
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
The Rocky Horror Glee Show
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
A Very Glee Christmas
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It on the Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
A Night of Neglect
Born This Way
Rumours
Prom Queen
Funeral
New York
Season 3
I Kissed A Girl
Hold Onto Sixteen
Extraordinary Merry Christmas
Yes/No
Michael
The Spanish Teacher
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Saturday Night Glee-Ver
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Props
Nationals
Goodbye
Season 4
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born to Play
Glease
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Glee, Actually
Sadie Hawkins
Naked
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
All Or Nothing
Season 5
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
The Quarterback
A Katy or a Gaga
Movin' Out
Puppet Master
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
New New York
Bash
Tested
Opening Night
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
Season 6
Loser Like Me
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
The Hurt Locker Pt. 1
The Hurt Locker Pt. 2
What the World Needs Now
Transitioning
A Wedding
Child Star
The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester
We Built This Glee Club
Extra: missed bdays + suprises
Dreams Come True
Sam and Lexi ~ The Happiest Day of Our Lives
••Thank You••
Lexi Evans

Wonder-ful

1.4K 19 8
By risingstar99

4x21 ~ WONDER-FUL ~
••••••
"Wonder-ful!" Mr. Schue said, writing the word on the board, before turning to the group. "All right, guys, I just got some wonderful news from Rachel. She's got a second callback for Funny Girl."

At that, everyone clapped and cheered, while their teacher pulled a chair in front of the group. Rachel Berry had never been Lexi's favorite person. She never once considered her a friend, but she would admit that the girl was talented. Everyone knew that.

"And that's not our only good news." Mr. Schue continued, when the claps and cheers had died down. "Brittany is at M.I.T. touring the campus because she's got an early acceptance."

"That's my girl!" Lexi commented, a proud smile gracing her face, as Kitty leaned over to her.

"That can't be true." Kitty shook her head.

"And I re-proposed to Emma. She reaccepted, and we're getting married after regionals." Mr. Schue announced, as the group clapped and cheered again. "We're excited."

"I've got good news, too." Tina added, as she stood up, walking to the front. "I'm wait-listed at the Columbus College of Veterinary Medicine. It's a fallback if I don't pursue acting."

Everyone applauded, and cheered once more. There was no limit of the good news pouring in that week. It was all really amazing. Well, maybe not for Lexi. As Sam clapped, he turned to look at her, noticing her slightly worried and anxious face. He knew what was wrong immediately.

"You're going to get accepted into NYU, baby." He said, squeezing her hand in his. "That acceptance letter is still coming."

"I know..." Lexi nodded, leaning her head against his shoulder, allowing Sam to pull her closer to him. At this point, she wasn't too sure what to believe. She barely had a back-up plan in order. Everything had just been a whirlwind with her mom passing away, and rejection letters.

"Tina, that's not just good news." Mr. Schue smiled, continuing with the lesson. " It's wonderful, and that's what this week is all about. We're taking a lesson from one of the greatest musical artists of all time. Despite facing a ton of obstacles, he's a living example of embracing...n-n-no, celebrating... joy and optimism, and he's collected 25 Grammys along the way. So don't you worry 'bout a thing because whether you're ebony or ivory, you are the sunshine of my life." He said, as everyone laughed, beginning to gradually clue onto the assignment that week.

"Yes. And next week at regionals we will be jammin' on higher ground. It's a Stevie Wonder week."
--------
Kitty smiled as everyone clapped for her performance of Signed, Sealed, Delivered. For some odd reason, she'd dedicated it to Artie. Leaning against his wheelchair, she smiled at the rest of the group.

"Seemed like the perfect Stevie song to celebrate Artie getting his acceptance letter into film school." She spoke up, as their friends congratulated the boy, who frowned, wheeling himself back to his place. He didn't seem thrilled, despite the endless congratulations coming his way. "Signed, sealed, delivered."

"Well, you know, that may have been the perfect song, but that performance was just one package that I'm not signing for." Mercedes said to the younger girl, as the New Directions turned to her. "I mean, honestly, it was good, but you guys have got to be great for Regionals."

Kitty scoffed, crossing her arms, while sending a death glare at Mercedes, along with Kurt, and Mike who'd flown back to Lima to help out with Regionals.

"Yeah, clearly we should be taking our advice from someone who came crawling back to Ohio after apparently having her L.A. dream shattered." She retorted, as Mercedes raised an eyebrow at the girl. "You learn your new lyrics yet? Do you want fries with that?"

"Oh, well, maybe if you put some of that sass in your performance, your teacher wouldn't have begged me to come here and be your new vocal coach." Mercedes retorted, as Lexi bit her lip to prevent herself from laughing.

"Burn..." Lexi commented, as Sam chuckled at her That '70s Show sitcom reference.

"Mercedes is one of the strongest vocalists in McKinley Glee Club history." Mr. Schue interjected before an argument could arise.

"Then why didn't she get any solos or duets for competitions?" Lexi asked rhetorically, rolling her eyes.

"So get on point, Kitty, your little theory about Mercedes' shattered dreams, like most of the garbage that comes out of your mouth, is wrong." Kurt was quick to defend her. "All right, Mercedes is back because she has a new album coming out, all about home, and she's come back to film for it."

"Wait, really?" Lexi asked with a smile, as Mercedes nodded. "I'm so proud of you!"

"And Mr. Schue asked me to help choreograph for Regionals." Mike added, explaining his role there that week, although Tina, didn't seem impressed.

"I love you, Mike, I love all my exes. But this isn't wonderful news, it's shocking." She exclaimed, receiving frowns from the group. "Now we need some guy to help us dance? Hashtag Glee Hates Girls. And what are you here to lecture us about, Kurt, our horrible taste in clothing?"

"My dad has cancer." Kurt answered, glaring at her, which caused her to slump in her chair.

"Thanks Tina." Blaine scoffed under his breath.

"Way to go." Lexi sent the girl a glare, knowing how hard it was to have a parent battling cancer. She knew the feeling too well.

"All right, let's take this whole thing from the top." Mercedes spoke up, breaking the tension in the current atmosphere. She stood up, and directed the group. "Kitty, in the back. Marley, I want you on lead vocals."
----------

"Alright everybody, let's give it up for Island Beetz recording artist extraordinaire, Mercedes Jones." Sam announced, rather dramatically as the New Directions stood in the auditorium together.

"All right, all right." Mercedes let out a laugh, as the group clapped and cheered for her. Once the noise had died down, she continued speaking. "Now, I know that Kurt is going through a lot this week, but in spite of that, we are all very happy to be here. As you may remember, we saw you guys at sectionals, and there's a reason that you guys lost. Fear."

Lexi watched as Marley relaxed, grateful that Mercedes hadn't stated that the loss was her fault. However, as the older girl approached Marley, she jumped in surprise.

"For instance, Marley." She said. "You have got killer vocals, homegirl, so why is it that I've never heard you do a Mercedes Jones-style vocal run?"

"I don't know. I-I guess I've just been scared to try." Marley admitted shyly, as the group looked at her.

"Exactly. You're scared to belt it out. And you're probably afraid that when you do, I'm gonna test your breath control by hitting you in the solar plexus with this maraca." Mercedes held up the maraca in her hand for everyone to see before turning back to the girl. "All right, give this girl a note to do a little runnin' with."

As the piano played, Marley belted out a nearly perfect note, but stopped, letting out a laugh with everyone else when Mercedes hit her stomach with the maraca, which caused her to lose her laugh and concentration.

"See? If you had better breath control, you could probably hold that note every time." The older girl pointed out before she turned to the band. "All right, floppy-headed bass player, why don't you give us a little bit of that spooky Stevie Wonder bass line to get us moving. And all of y'all need to shake out your nerves and stop being so scared, and that includes you, Kurt. I know what you're going through, and this one's for you, baby. And, Marley, I want to hear those high notes, and don't be stingy with those runs."

{Superstition - Sung by Mercedes Jones with the New Directions}
----------
"All right. He'll be here. Any minute." Kurt said, as he waited for his dad to arrive. He had asked the group to reunite in the choir room so he could give a little performance of his own. "Yeah. Dad!" He cheered when Burt walked into the room.

"Hey. Hi, everybody." He smiled, as the group clapped and cheered.

"Good to see you." Mr. Schue said, as him and Burt shook hands.

"Shue. Good to see you, buddy." He replied before taking a seat, sending Lexi, Sam, and Blaine a friendly smile. "How you doing? What's up, Blaine?"

"Well, it's probably not a surprise why I asked you to come here today." Kurt began as his dad laughed.

"I'm guessing it has something to do with a song?" Burt asked.

"Yes. But not just any song." Kurt nodded, before continuing. "See, the last time I dedicated a song to you in this room, you were in the hospital. But today we are celebrating life's most treasured and wonderful gift... a second chance. See, when I was little, you used to sing this song to me in the car all the time and it always put a smile on my face. So today it's my turn to sing, and your turn to smile."

"I'm already there, kiddo." Burt smiled, watching as Kurt turned to the band, signalling them to begin the song. As soon as You Are the Sunshine of My Life began to play, Tina, Marley, and Kitty stood up to dance around the boy while he sang the song.

Once it was over, Burt walked up to Kurt, pulling him into a loving hug, as everyone clapped and cheered for them.

"And now, continuing with our wonderful week, I believe we have Lexi Torres performing next, right?" Mr. Schue turned to Lexi, who nodded. "The floor is all yours."

"Thank you." Lexi nodded, before she stood up from her seat, making her way to the middle of the room. She laughed when Sam stood up clapping, and cheering her on. Taking a few moments to look around the room, at the familiar and new faces, she reminisced about the memories, and thought about the new ones that were still to be made in the future. At first, nothing seemed to hit her so fast, that was until lately, everything was starting to sink in.

"Right." Lexi smiled. "I know we are quite overjoyed with the news of Burt Hummel overcoming his battle with cancer, but not to purposely steal the thunder, I have some news to share with you guys, since it's Wonder-ful week."

"Whoa...." Sam muttered, as he began to smile, aware of what was happening. Meanwhile, the rest of the group stared in confusion at the girl.

"Last night I received my acceptance letter from NYU. I'm going to New York to train to become a neurosurgeon." She announced, her eyes filling with tears, as everyone smiled, some of them in shock. "I got in...and I still refuse to believe this is for real." She said quietly, with a grin.

Once the news was out, everyone stood up clapping and cheering for Lexi, as congratulations were shouted, while some hugs were exchanged, and tears were shed. Sam couldn't contain his excitement, and rushed over to her, pulling her into a hug, and picking her up in the air, spinning her around. Once he placed her back down, she pulled him into another hug.

"I'm super proud of you, babe. I knew you could do it." He whispered.

"Thank you." Lexi whispered in return, as he dipped her over, leaning down to capture her lips in his. She smiled into the kiss, waving at the group who teased and commented on their moment.

"And I will be reporting a disgustingly, cute case of PDA." Kitty commented jokingly. "Although, I'm sure it still constitutes as a rule at school."

"That's our Lexi!" Blaine called out cheering,.

"Yeah!" Artie agreed, as Sam brought Lexi back to her standing position, before she turned to face the group once more. She allowed Sam to wrap his arms around her neck, while she leaned her back against him.

"I just wanted to thank you. I wanted to thank each and every one of you, old and new. When I entered this room a few years ago, I had no sense of direction, and yes, I was still as bitchy as hell, but I wasn't confident with who I was...Being in Glee, and meeting all of you guys really helped me grow, and benefit in many areas of my life. And for that, I couldn't be any more grateful. I wanted to share my news with all of you, because you've become my family. You're always here for each of us, encouraging and supporting us to accomplish our dreams, and reach for the stars. We really are one big family." She paused, to wipe her tears, as the group chuckled. "I wouldn't be where I am, nor would I be headed off to New York in a few months, if it weren't for all of you in this room. So thank you for your unconditional love, support, pep talks, the memories, and patience. I love you all, but to really celebrate this, I didn't think anything would be more appropriate without a song. Because, we're always breaking into song in here." She smiled.

"This one is for all of you." Lexi said, before, she turned in Sam's arms, allowing him to dance with her. She quickly turned to the band. "Hit it!"

Lexi
See the girl with the diamonds in her shoes? Yeah
She walks around like she's got nothin' to lose
Yeah, she's a go-getter, she's everybody's type
She's a queen of the city but she don't believe the hype
She's got her own elevation, holy motivation
So I wrote some letters out in big bold type
I got faith in you, baby
I got faith in you now
And you've been such a, such a good friend to me
Know that I love you somehow
I met you, hallelujah, I got faith

Sam laughed, as Lexi leaned her head back, while she still remained in his arms, before returning to a standing position, allowing Sam to guide her around the room, while they danced, and she sang the song. She was all smiles, now that the stress of waiting for the university results was over. If she was being honest, this was the happiest she'd felt after her mom passed away.

See the boy with the Stevie Wonder swag?
Ain't got a clue all the magic that he has
He's a go-getter, he's everybody's type
I'mma make it my mission, make him feel alright
He's a twelve on a ten point, rockin' out to his joint
Just say the word 'cause I could sing all night
I got faith in you, baby
I got faith in you now
And you've been such a, such a good friend to me
Know that I love you somehow
I met you, hallelujah, I got faith
Faith
Yes I do, mmm
I get around ya and my mind goes crazy
I think about you mornin', noon, night and day
I get around ya and my mind goes crazy
I think about you mornin', noon, night and day
I get around you and my mind goes crazy
I think about you mornin', noon, night and day
I got faith in you, honey
I got faith in you, girl
I met you, hallelujah
I got faith in you, baby
I got faith in you now
And you've been such a, such a good friend to me
Know that I love you somehow (love you somehow)
I met you, hallelujah, I got faith
(Faith, faith, baby)
I got faith in you, baby
I got faith in you now
And you've been such a, such a good friend to me
Know that I love you somehow (yes I do)
I met you, hallelujah
I met you, hallelujah, I got faith

Throughout the song, she'd managed to get everyone dancing and singing along. When she finished performing, everyone smiled, clapping and cheering for Lexi. She laughed, as Sam pulled her into another hug, kissing her head, before he prompted for one loving group hug. As they all engulfed her in a hug, Lexi swore she wanted to lock the doors, and stay in that hug forever.
----------
"All right, everyone. Ah, all right. Sit down." Mercedes instructed, standing by the piano as the New Directions sat down in their seats in front of her. "So, today's lesson... Well, I was gonna say "truth," but it's about this crazy-ass business that a lot of us want to get into. If you're gonna tell us to not even try 'cause it's too hard... No, no, I'm just saying be ready. You know, when I graduated, a producer said he wanted to do a CD of my music, which, oh, my God, that's been my dream since before I even sat in this room. Turns out, he only wanted to do that on his terms. So I had a choice to make: I could do it his way and get there a lot faster, or I could do it my way, and maybe never, never even make it. So I talked to my parents and my friends, and I made a decision. It's my voice, Martin. Those are my songs. They tell my story. I'm not gonna spend all this time working on my truth, and then have you slap something that doesn't even represent the real me on its cover. So, I don't have a record deal anymore, but I do have a record, which I'll be giving to all of you, and selling at a table in front of my church and out of my car,
and on Amazon, so, whatever happens, at least I was true to myself." She said, as she handed the albums out to the group who cheered.

And you will have gotten there by taking... and you know it's coming..."

" The higher ground. Hit it!" She finished, turning to the band.

{Higher Ground - Sung by Mercedes Jones}
-----------
"All right, let's review." Mercedes smiled, as she stood in front of the group during their last meeting of the week. "What are y'all gonna do at Regionals?"

"Riff, run and grunt!" Marley spoke up.

"Emote!" Tina smiled. "Commit!"

"Step up to the plate and embrace our talent." Jake added.

"And just like my boo Miss Mercedes Jones, we're gonna treat every note we sing and every breath we take with a little something-something we in the business of show simply call passion.." Artie said, while he wheeled himself to the front, although he mainly focused on Kitty. "And passion can be a scary thing, but we shouldn't run or hide from it because passion is...It's wonderful, yo."

At that, everyone cheered, as Lexi turned to look at Kitty who waved her off with a small smile. Before anyone could say or do anything, Artie spoke up once more.

Auditorium, 4:00 p.m. sharp." He said. "I got a little jam. I'm gonna sing for all y'alls! And you best believe it's gonna be sung with...Say what?!"

"Passion!"

{For Once in My Life - Sung by Artie Abrams with the New Directions}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 268 13
Surprisingly enough, Sam wasn't all that nervous. Sure, what he was about to do was important and it could potentially change his life, but as he sto...
21.4K 997 23
"And you, Winnie Archer?" The boy turned to face Winnie next, who just rolled her eyes. "Rumor has it you are heartbroken about the departure of Hobo...
118K 1.7K 61
Fem OC & Sam Evans Slow burn . . . Following the plot of the episodes. Will not follow ALL episodes! . . . No Copyright intended. Apart from my orig...
38.5K 547 30
Season 1-6 oc x oc just skip to my writing for season two, more coming soon