More Then the Music (Glee Sam...

By risingstar99

"What do you want JBI?" "More info on your family life. I've heard speculations that your mom is-" "She's not... More

Cast List
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
The Rocky Horror Glee Show
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
A Very Glee Christmas
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It on the Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
A Night of Neglect
Born This Way
Rumours
Prom Queen
Funeral
New York
Season 3
I Kissed A Girl
Hold Onto Sixteen
Yes/No
Michael
The Spanish Teacher
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Saturday Night Glee-Ver
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Props
Nationals
Goodbye
Season 4
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born to Play
Glease
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Glee, Actually
Sadie Hawkins
Naked
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Wonder-ful
All Or Nothing
Season 5
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
The Quarterback
A Katy or a Gaga
Movin' Out
Puppet Master
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
New New York
Bash
Tested
Opening Night
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
Season 6
Loser Like Me
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
The Hurt Locker Pt. 1
The Hurt Locker Pt. 2
What the World Needs Now
Transitioning
A Wedding
Child Star
The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester
We Built This Glee Club
Extra: missed bdays + suprises
Dreams Come True
Sam and Lexi ~ The Happiest Day of Our Lives
••Thank You••
Lexi Evans

Extraordinary Merry Christmas

2K 30 13
By risingstar99

EXTRAORDINARY MERRY CHRISTMAS
••••••

Lexi sat wrapping gifts with Quinn while they listened to Mercedes began to sing Mariah Carey's iconic song, All I Want for Christmas is You. The whole choir room radiated with holiday cheer and happiness, as the New Directions sang, decorated, and enjoyed each other's company.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas Is You

Lexi smiled, as she stood up, and grabbed some tinsel, wrapping it around Sam's neck teasingly, as he smiled back down at her. She chuckled, leaning up, and pressing a quick kiss on his cheek, before she moved back to wrapping gifts.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
Don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas Day

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby, all I want for Christmas
Is you...Baby Oh... All I want for Christmas
Is you, Oh... Baby All I want for Christmas ?
Is you

All I want for Christmas Is you.
-------
"We might have spent our entire decorating budget for the whole year, but with something that looks as absolutely fabulous as this, I have to say, bav-ho-ho-ho." Rachel said, admiring the decorated tree.

"Hey everybody, listen up." Finn announced, as him and Rory walked into the room. "My man, Rory Flanagan here, wants to say a few." He gave Rory the floor, as the rest of the group, including Finn took their seats.

"Thanks, Finn." Rory nodded gratefully. "So guys, my mummy was going to come visit for the holidays, but plane tickets are expensive, so it's my first Christmas without any family. I'd like to cheer myself up by dedicating this song to them...And to the King."

"Jesus?" Kurt asked with a frown, as Blaine shook his head at his boyfriend.

{Blue Christmas - Sung by Rory Flanagan}

Lexi leaned into Sam's comforting embrace, while they watched Rory perform. She understood his situation. Having family miles away was difficult - not that she'd experienced it. Although, she certainly thought it could be a blue Christmas for her, judging by her mom's situation...she probably wouldn't even be around, because of Arson.

Once Rory had finished his performance, everyone clapped, while Sam sent Rory two thumbs up. Lexi also knew that Sam was four hours away from his family, it was a little closer, but still, Christmas with no family - the thought saddened her.

"Gosh, that song was so depressing." Santana spoke up, as Lexi and Quinn sent her a glare. "I may actually be dead right now."

"I-I think, what Santana means is, although that... That was mournfully beautiful, now that the whole Glee Club is back together, I think that we should focus on the more joyous and the pageant aspect of this holiday season." Rachel reiterated Santana's previous response.

"Rachel's right." Tina was quick to agree. "Last christmas was super sad. Kurt was at another school, Coach Sylvester trashed everything, and Artie got a pair of magic legs that broke the next day. We were the island of misfit toys. This year is going to be..."

"This year, it's a whole new sprig of mistletoe." Mr. Schue announced excitedly, interjecting Tina, while he walked into the room. "Guess who's not getting coal in their stockings for once... Us. Rory, have a seat. I just got off the phone with Don Borowski, the local station manager at Lima's PBS affiliate. Turns out that their annual broadcast of the Yule log burning has been canceled."

"The hell?" An offended Puck asked, as Lexi bit her lip to prevent herself from laughing.

"Yeah, they can't afford the licensing fees anymore." Mr. Schue continued with his explanation. "But thank you, Scrooges who own that copyright, because Don came to Sectionals, he loved what we did and he is offering us..."

"A Christmas special featuring all of us?" Rachel asked, growing excited, as everyone's faces lit up at the prospect of the opportunity, and recognition. "Okay, please say you said yes."

"Not only did I say yes, but when Don said that they were looking for a director for the special, I nominated you, Artie." Mr. Schue said, smiling at the boy.

"Me?" Artie asked.

"Yeah. He saw West Side Story, loved your work, and he wants to take a meeting."

"But I... I swore I would never sell out and do television." Artie rambled, as the class turned to stare at him in shock. "I'm really going to have to think about this, Mr. Schue."
------

{River - Sung by Rachel Berry}

The New Directions sat in the auditorium watching Rachel sing Joni Mitchell's River. It came as no surprise, especially to Lexi, that the girl wanted a major part in the special. They all clapped when the song concluded. Rachel wore a proud expression, but frowned when she saw Artie's unimpressed expression.

"Rachel, could you come see me?" He asked, as Rachel nodded, making her way out of the stage.

"Yes, Artie, of course." She smiled. "And if this is about my ears, I know that they're a little naked right now, but that's just because I'm waiting for something special. Something that's really gonna sparkle and you know, catch the light. So what's up?"

Lexi sighed, shaking her head. Even at Christmas time Rachel could be egotistical, insensitive, ungrateful, and manipulative. Her personality didn't change at all during the holidays, and Lexi wondered if it ever would.

"It's not about your ears, it's about your song." Artie replied, as Rachel stood in front of him. "It makes me want to kill myself."

"Wow, that's dark." Lexi muttered.

"I'm sorry, Joni Mitchell is not depressing, she's emotional." Rachel was quick to protest.

"It doesn't fit my vision for our Christmas spectacular." Artie said, as Sam took his eyes of Lexi, and looked at Artie.

"And what is that exactly?" Sam asked, causing Artie to smile, happily explaining his vision for the special.

"We begin in the Swiss Alps, in the village of Gstaad, in the perfectly-appointed living room of Kurt Hummel, and Blaine Anderson's chic swank chalet." He began. "The tree towering and opulent. The fireplace draped in garlands. The stockings bejeweled. Kurt and Blaine, the perfect hosts have invited their friends to drop in for an evening of Noel-Coward-esque banter, and fun, happy, cheer-filled songs."

"Are you telling me I'm not invited to Kurt and Blaine's for Christmas?" Rachel asked, only to be returned with a shrug from Artie.

"Not unless you pick a happier song." He answered. "The evening's festivities conclude with Rory dressed as the Christmas elf Itchy, reciting Frosty the Snowman. Start with fun, end with fun. That's how you do it kids."

"The Frosty story isn't fun." Sam shook his head. "At the end, he melts and dies."

"I'm rebooting Frosty." Artie said. "In my version, he doesn't melt. He... Well, new pages forthcoming."

"What's wrong with a story that's a little sad or a song that's a little depressing?" Sam asked, standing up in his seat, while he kept his eyes on Artie. The group turned to look at him. "I mean, that's part of Christmas too, right? It's the sad things that make you remember what's important." He added, as he looked at Lexi who smiled fondly. She was proud of him.

"Sorry, Sam, but the phrase Merry Christmas, is not morose Christmas." Artie shrugged a second time. "That's the vision. That's what you have to buy into."

"I'm really not into that. Sorry." Lexi was quick to disagree, as Sam nodded.

"Well, sorry, Artie, I'm not buying into it." Sam decided, as he started to walk out of the row he had been sitting in. "I'm gonna go downtown, see if I can ring one of those Salvation Army Bells. Come on, Rory, Me and Lex will give you a ride."

"I should memorize my part, Sam." Rory said sheepishly, as Sam sighed.

Sam shook his head, and offered Lexi his hand, which she gladly too. Without one last glance, the couple exited the auditorium, hand in hand. They were going to go do something that really mattered. Something that was meaningful. They didn't need recognition.
--------

Once Lexi and Sam made their way out of the auditorium, Lexi tugged his hand, allowing them to take a detour to her locker.

"I know we said that we wouldn't do gifts, but I have something for you." She smiled softly, as she pulled her hand from his, and opened her locker up. She pulled out a book.

"For the months you were away, I wrote original songs, all of them which I dedicated to you." Lexi explained, as she handed Sam the book. "Not only did I write original songs, I've also provided you the music, so if you ever want to play them, I'd be more than willing to sing them for you."

"I love it, Lex. Thank you." Sam whispered, bringing her into a hug, before he pulled away, keeping one arm around her waist, as he opened his locker.

"That reminds me that I also have two simple things." He pulled out a big book - clearly handmade, like hers, and handed it to Lexi. "It's a memory book with pictures of us, and our inside jokes." He said, as she smiled.

"Oh my gosh, I love it so much. I love you." Lexi whispered, as she looked up at him.

"And this." Sam smirked, holding up a branch of mistletoe. She chuckled, as he gently pushed her against the locker, and leaned down, capturing her lips in his.

"I'm just glad you're back." Lexi said, as Sam leaned in, and pressed some kisses down her neck. She sighed quietly quite content with the whole thing. However, when he began to pull some of her shirt off the shoulder, and kiss her collarbone, she gasped quietly. She gently pulled his hand away, as he looked back at her.

"Okay...not in the hallway...but later though." She giggled, gently pushing him off her.

"I love you too." Sam replied, kissing her quickly, and letting his forehead lean against hers.

"I'm so lucky." Lexi smiled up at him. "As long as you're around, that's all I really need."

"Right back at you." Sam agreed. "Now, shall we go see if we can go ring some bells, and see if that offer for the homeless shelter is open?"

"We shall." Lexi nodded, as Sam kissed her head, before allowing her to link her arms through his, as they made their way down the hallway.
--------

"Mila Kunis, wannabe, go sing a song, or I might have to cut my ears off and commit a crime." Coach Sylvester said, as Lexi frowned. "Which I really don't want to do because it's Christmas."

"Coach, why?" Lexi asked. "This isn't school, or the Cheerios..." She rambled, while she stood between Sam and Quinn.

"I don't care MK, go now." Coach Sylvester shoved Lexi, causing Sam and Quinn to laugh.

"Fine, fine. I'm going!" Lexi raised her hands up, before she walked over to the piano. She let out a breath, as she racked her brain for a Christmas song. Finally, one came to mind.

"Hey everyone, my name's Lexi." She spoke up, grabbing everyone's attention. " I've been asked by someone persistent to play a song. Would that be okay?" She asked, as everyone nodded, or chorused their agreements. She chuckled, as a little girl - who reminded Lexi of her younger self - came to sit by her. At that, she chuckled fondly. "Well, I take that as a yes."

She began to play the beginning keys to It Came Upon a Midnight Clear. From the serving tables, Sam and Quinn watched as she sang and played the piano, while the little girl sat beside her.

It came upon a midnight clear
That glorious song of old
From angels bending near the earth
To touch their harps of gold
Peace on the earth, good will to men
From heaven's all gracious King
The world in solemn stillness lay
To hear the angels sing

As Lexi was singing, Sam sent her an encouraging smile, before Quinn noticed him glance at her. At that, she chuckled.

"What?" She asked.

"Everyone's just been telling me you've been having a rough year, but you seem pretty good to me." Sam replied.

"I'm better." She answered with a small smile. "Think I was just stuck focusing on everything I didn't have and none of the stuff that was good. Stuff in the future."

"I'm glad you turned it around." Sam smiled. "You deserve good things, Quinn."

"I'm trying." She nodded.

Still through the cloven skies they come
With peaceful wings unfurled
And still their heavenly music floats
O'er all the weary world
Above its sad and lowly plains
They bend on hovering wing
And ever o'er its Babel sounds
The blessed angels sing
All ye beneath life's crushing load
Whose forms are bending low
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow
Look now for glad and golden hours
Come swiftly on the wing
O rest beside the weary road
And hear the angels sing

Once Lexi finished singing, everyone clapped - Sam and Quinn being the most audible. She smiled, as she picked the little girl up in her arms, and made her way over to the serving tables.

"Ah, ah, ah, ah! Portion control, Bee Sting. Come on." Coach Sylvester said, grabbing the spoon from Sam, who'd been doling out large amounts. "Guess you're just not used to being on this side of the serving line."

"Seriously, I don't think we'll have enough for everyone." Lexi commented sadly. "And that's after I brought my bucket loads of Ukranian food."

"Yeah. Economy gets bad, people give less." Coach Sylvester sighed.

Before any of them could say or do anything else, the doors were pushed open. In came Miss Pillsbury, pushing Artie who held a massive pan on his lap. Behind him, the rest of the New Directions followed.

"Hey! I know we're late, but we were all hoping there's still time to help. We brought the turkey from the special with all the fixings." Artie explained.

"Thank god." Lexi let out a sigh of relief, as she placed the little girl down on the ground.

"Yeah, it's a prop, but it's real." Mr. Schue assured them.

"Why don't you put it on the table over there, kiddo?" Coach Sylvester suggested, as Artie nodded.

"You guys finally came around." Sam smiled, as he wrapped Lexi in his arms, who smiled up at him.

"Well, you can thank Rory for helping us see the light." Finn spoke up.

"I was just following my Christmas sponsor's lead." Rory shrugged with a smile.

"Would it be weird if I made myself a plate?" Puck asked rhetorically, to which, Lexi shook her head, and rolled her eyes.

"We have a song too. We were gonna perform it as our final number for our Christmas special, but lost the final ten minutes of maritime when the station reached a last-second agreement with those Yule log people." Artie said.

"As long as it's not Jingle Bells. It seems it's the only song our janitor knows how to play, and I'm bleeding from my ears." Coach Sylvester commented.

{Do They Know It's Christmas-Sung by the New Directions}
-------

Lexi sat on her couch on Christmas Eve songwriting. She looked up when Sara entered the room. She had barely seen her mom in the past few weeks. She was around, but it wasn't like she was really there for Lexi.

"Mom." Lexi spoke up, as Sara nodded.

"Yes sweetie?" Sara asked, sitting down.

"Are you going to be home tomorrow for Christmas Day? You know, we usually have our binge watching marathon in the morning, and we have a special brunch, and spend the day together." Lexi rambled.

"I will be there in the morning, yes." Sara confirmed, as Lexi smiled softly.

"Yes!" Lexi cheered, as Sara laughed.

"I haven't been there for you, as much as I should've. I'm sorry." Sara apologized, as she pulled Lexi into a hug.

"It's okay mom." Lexi whispered, as she pulled away. "You were sorting through things, and dealing with Arson. He's a dibolecle man." She admitted. "He said some very hurtful things, and told me that if you got back together, I wouldn't be allowed in your life anymore. He wanted a fresh start...and..."

"Honey, you don't have to worry. He's not around anymore." Sara assured her daughter. "I overheard how he treated you, and he's gone for good. I'm with Lucas still, and everything couldn't be better."

"Really?"

"Really." Sara smiled softly, as Lexi let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh my god, that's great. I'm glad you and Lucas are still together." Lexi smiled softly. "I'm really glad."

"And I'm glad we've reconciled." Sara agreed, as the doorbell rang.

"That's Sam. He's wanting to take me out to ring some bells now, and he was wondering if he'd be able to take me to Kentucky tomorrow afternoon? I'll be around in the morning, and I'd be back by Monday. What do you say?" Lexi asked.

"I say...go for it." Sara smiled, as Lexi laughed, pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you mom. I'm grateful to have you back." Lexi whispered. "I love you."

"I love you too." Sara whispered, pulling away from the hug, and watching Lexi wave, before she opened the door.

"Hey you." Lexi greeted Sam.

"Hey." Sam replied. "You ready?"

"I am." Lexi nodded.. "And about Kentucky, I can come."

"Yes!" Sam cheered, as Lexi giggled, pulling him in for a hug.

"Hell yeah." Lexi shook her head. "Now let's go ring those bells."
-------

Lexi, and Sam stood on the street ringing the Salvation Army bells. Rory had also decided to join them. The three of them were having little luck, but they wished whoever made donations a Merry Christmas.

"These bells make me homesick." Rory poke up.

"You mean, like church bells and stuff?" Sam asked confused, as Rory shook his head.

"No. My brother Shamus gets lost all the time, so my dad made him wear a bell around his neck so we could always find him." Rory answered.

"Smart." Sam nodded. He smiled when a woman dropped a few coins in the bucket. "Merry Christmas."

"Sam, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to be my Valentine's Day sponsor as well. I mean, you did such a good job being a Christmas sponsor, I figured you'd have no problem helping me land a snog or two by February." Rory said.

"Deal. But you have to help me learn to perfect my Sean Connery. I'm telling you, impressions are the best way to get a chick." Sam explained, as Lexi chuckled.

"Oh wow, don't get too cocky." She commented, as Sam shook his head, and pulled her closer to him, sensing she was shivering.

"You love my impressions." Sam said, looking at her.

"I do." Lexi shrugged, hugging him. Both Sam and her jumped when a snowball hit them.

"Whoa!" Sam exclaimed surprised.

"So how's business, guys?" Rachel asked, as her and Finn approached them.

"Uh, a little slow." Sam answered with a shrug. "But the revival house across the street is showing It's a Wonderful Life, so pretty sure we'll clean up when it gets out."

"Well, just in case, we wanted to make our own little contribution to the cause." Finn said, before he turned to his girlfriend. "Sure you want to do this, Rachel?"

"Yes. I already got my Christmas present." Rachel smiled, as she leaned up to kiss Finn's cheek. Lexi shook her head with a smile, as Rachel stepped forward, pulling a wad of cash out of her coat. "All right, guys."

"Whoa, did you guys knock off a liquor store or something?" Lexi frowned

"No, we just finally realized what really matters." Finn answered, intertwining his hand with Rachel's.

"Yeah, we returned the earrings that Finn got me for Christmas, and the iPod that I bought him." Rachel explained. "We decided we wanted to do something special this year for Christmas."

"Wow, good for you." Lexi commented genuinely.

"We've got a couple of extra bells if you want to join in." Rory offered, as the couple nodded, smiling at the three.

"We'd love to."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.5K 91
"Is it true that you are a burden to many?" asked JBI. "That depends." Haley replied not making eye contact. Set in Glee Season 2 and onward until S...
89.5K 2.9K 23
"Oh, no!" Piper shook her head as soon as she spotted JBI as she walked with Mercedes down the hallway. Grabbing her best friend by the arm, she trie...
4.1K 98 69
The arts are not always for everyone. However, when you find something you love, people you love, you tend to stick with them. Whether that is your...
120K 2.1K 25
▐ 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘪'𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥. sam evans ✗ fem! oc glee ━━ seasons two completed, slow updates 𝘪𝘯 �...