More Then the Music (Glee Sam...

By risingstar99

"What do you want JBI?" "More info on your family life. I've heard speculations that your mom is-" "She's not... More

Cast List
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
The Rocky Horror Glee Show
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
A Very Glee Christmas
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Comeback
Blame It on the Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
A Night of Neglect
Born This Way
Rumours
Prom Queen
Funeral
New York
Season 3
I Kissed A Girl
Hold Onto Sixteen
Extraordinary Merry Christmas
Yes/No
Michael
The Spanish Teacher
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Saturday Night Glee-Ver
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Props
Nationals
Goodbye
Season 4
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born to Play
Glease
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Glee, Actually
Sadie Hawkins
Naked
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Wonder-ful
All Or Nothing
Season 5
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
The Quarterback
A Katy or a Gaga
Movin' Out
Puppet Master
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
New New York
Bash
Tested
Opening Night
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
Season 6
Loser Like Me
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
The Hurt Locker Pt. 1
The Hurt Locker Pt. 2
What the World Needs Now
Transitioning
A Wedding
Child Star
The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester
We Built This Glee Club
Extra: missed bdays + suprises
Dreams Come True
Sam and Lexi ~ The Happiest Day of Our Lives
••Thank You••
Lexi Evans

Silly Love Songs

2.6K 52 36
By risingstar99

SILLY LOVE SONGS
•••••
Valentine's Day had arrived, and Lexi was sure she couldn't roll her eyes more than she already had. She was barely in the mood...she spent the weekend lazing in her bedroom, working on homework, and crying to rom-com movies.

She knew she had to watch all the people she didn't know...and her friends be all sappy with each other. It was those laughs couples shared, the happiness they exuded...the smiles and the kisses and hugs. Believe her when she knew there was so much more to love than what you saw in movies and television, and in real life. However, she didn't know what it genuinely felt like to be in a relationship, and she felt left out.

"I could barf right now." Lexi muttered, as she sat by Mercedes with her arms folded.

"I'm with you on that." Merccedes replied, as the two girls watched the couples in the room. They were literally all over each other.

"Need I say it...I hate Valentine's Day." Lexi groaned. "I mean, I'm a bitch, sure, but like, I should have someone. Hell, you should too!"

"I get you girl." Mercedes laughed.

"I can positively state that Mr. Schue is going to theme class this week under the Valentine's Day category. Talk about long suffering singles in here."

"We can throw a pity party all we want, but I guess we'll try to remain happy." Mercedes shrugged, as they turned their attention to Mr. Schue.

"Alright guys, I have one word for you." He said, as he wrote love on the white board.

"Called it." Lexi commented, as Mercedes hummed in response.

"Brittany." Mr. Schue said, as the girl raised her hand.

"Is it love?" Brittany asked with a small smile. "I'm totally gonna graduate now!"

"Valentine's Day is comin' up, so for this week's lesson I want you guys to pick a partner because you're gonna sing to them what you think is the world's greatest love song." He said, as everyone cheered, except for Lexi and Mercedes who were wallowing in self-pity. "Find a song that communicates all the things that love means to you. Now, partner up."

"I might serenade you with a cheesy ballad." Lexi teased Mercedes. "Unless Santana gets to me first. She's still determined to make Britt jealous."

"That's not a bad idea...I dig it." Mercedes chuckled.

"Mr. Schue?" Finn spoke up. "Can I say something?"

The teacher nodded, giving him the floor, as Finn walked to stand in the middle of the room. "I just wanted to point out that, for the first time an entire week has gone by without any one of us getting slushied."

Everyone clapped and cheered, as Finn nodded, clearly not finished with his announcement. "I think the fact that I led the football team to a conference championship might have something to do with it. Fact is that I'm the closest thing that this Glee Club has to a celebrity right now."

"Hello?" Santana scoffed, pointing to Lexi. "We have a freakingly gorgeous Mila Kunis wannabe here as well." She added, pressing a kiss to Lexi's cheek, as Lexi rolled her eyes. However, she went along with the act.

"You can't just call yourself a celebrity, Finn. You're being a little arrogant and egotistical." Lexi pointed out, as the group murmured their agreements.

"And just like a famous athlete, I wanna give to a charity. You guys." Finn continued, ignoring Lexi and Santana's interjections. "So I'm setting up a kissing booth for a dollar a smooch and donating the proceeds to Glee Club to help us."

"Don't even act like you're trying to help this Glee Club out. You just want to kiss a bunch of girls." Mercedes commented.

"You're using Glee Club as an exception for setting up a kissing booth." Lexi nodded.

"I've kissed Finn, and can I just say... Not worth a buck. I would, however, pay $100 to jiggle one of his man boobs." Santana spoke up again.

"Do you ever get tired of tearing other people down?" Finn asked, clearly fed up with Santana who simply shrugged.

"No, not really."

"Cause you always just seem to be meddling in everybody else's business." Finn added.

"Oh, please." Santana said with a scoff. "You guys love me. I keep it real, and I'm hilarious."

"Actually, you're just a bitch." Lauren spoke up, as Santana gasped, turning to look at the girl.

"Burn." Lexi mumbled, referencing That '70s Show. Santana still kept Lexi close to her while she glared at Lauren.

"Whoa, whoa." Mr. Schue said, trying to lower the tension.

"I'm sorry. You've just got eyes for my man." Santana retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, first of all, I'm not your man." Puck defended himself.

"And Finn is right." Quinn agreed with Finn's earlier point, which Lexi frowned at. "All you ever do is insult us. Three weeks ago, you said you were disappointed that I didn't have a lizard baby."

"Five minutes ago, you said Mr. Schue belonged in a twelve-step program." Tina was quick to add.

"Wait, what?" Mr. Schue asked, as Santana just shrugged, unfazed.

"You're addicted to vests." Santana replied.

"The truth is, Santana, you can dish it out, but you can't take it." Rachel spoke up. "Okay, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm destined to play the title role in the Broadway musical version of Willow, but the only job you're gonna have is working on a pole."

At Rachel's blunt insult, everyone grew silent. Santana shook her head, and picked up her bag, her way She was clearly hurt and offended.

"You know what...fine." Santana muttered, as she made her way out of the room in a hurry. Brittany ran after her, as Mr. Schue sighed.

"Way to go, dwarf. Santana may be cruel, but literally saying that the only potential she has is a stripper, is taking it too far." Lexi spat in Rachel's face, before she ran out of the room, after Brittany and Santana.

"Well...uh, let's start the glee meeting, shall we?" He asked, trying to defuse the tension that lingered in the air.
------
Later on that day, Lexi sat alone at a table in the courtyard. She wasn't really alone, she was on a phone call with Kurt, just trying to ignore the couples around her. They were literally everywhere.

"I swear...even the neighborhood cats know I'm single. I'm literally in a Lorelei Gilmore situation." Lexi explained, as Kurt chuckled on the other end.

"Well, I feel you." Kurt sighed.

"Anyways, enough on my end, I'm curious. Did he ever actually say you two were dating.?" Lexi asked, referring to their earlier discussion, regarding Blaine.

"Well, not in so many words."

"Did he put the moves on?" She asked.
"No, but we were always singing duets, and he was always smiling at me." Kurt rambled.

"Oh Kurt." Lexi sighed, as Kurt came to the realization.

"Oh, my god, I made the whole thing up in my head, didn't I?" He asked with a sigh.

"That's okay. I've done it, multiple people have done it." Lexi assured him.

"Well it isn't looking too good. I have a crush on him, but he's in love with someone else. Who he is serenading at the Gap. I'll be devastated if it works out."

"I'm dealing with a similar dilemma...except I love someone who loves someone else. And I'm choosing to not serenade Sam at the Gap. God knows how humiliated we'd both be." Lexi replied. "I mean it's Valentine's Day, sure we don't have a date or a boyfriend. If I'm being honest, I could give a fucking damn." She added, even though her and Kurt both knew she was lying.

"Okay, I guess I'll go and scope it out." Kurt decided.

"Yeah, definitely." Lexi agreed, as she saw Sam walking towards her table. "Oh, I'm sorry, I have to go. Someone needs me." She hung up, and sent Sam a small smile, as he approached her.

"Mind if I sit?" He asked.

"Go ahead." Lexi nodded, as he sat down across from her. "What's up?"

"I saw it....their faces were, like, right up next to each other. Kissing distance." Sam said, as Lexi groaned internally.

"Huh..." She muttered. She wished Sam would take note of how disinterested she was when it came to discussing Quinn, or Valentine's Day.

"And I mean. Why hasn't she kissed Finn at his booth yet?" Sam asked.

"Look, I know she's been distant. But you are all up in her business, assuming she kissed Finn." Lexi replied, folding her arms. "I'm a little confused, because it seems you are vexed that she hasn't kissed him yet."

"It's weird, okay!" Sam exclaimed. "Something seems off."

"I think your assumption of what might be going on is a little chaotically insane." Lexi said, as Sam shook his head.

"Everyone thinks I'm dumb." Sam sighed frustrated.

"Not everyone." Lexi assured him, trying to offer him some consolation. "I don't think you're dumb at all. I'm merely stating that you're making a bold assumption."

"But I'm not. At least, not about Quinn. She may play it cool, but the girl has her ambitions." He sighed again.

"Trust me, Sam, I know." Lexi said, beginning to grow annoyed. "She is a person who believes status is key. She loves having it. She is obsessed with labels, because she believes if you don't have a label, you're worthless. She loves to be the queen bee, and if she thinks that being with Finn will up her status, and position in the school's food chain, she'll do something about it." She finished.

"I don't know, Lex... I just think that there's something there you know?" Sam asked, as Lexi shook her head, and stood up.

"Look Sam...it's not my problem or my place to say what you do or what happens. I don't mean to sound rude, but Quinn is your girlfriend, not me." Lexi said, as she turned and walked away, while tears began to stream down her face.

"Lex! Wait!" Sam yelled after her. He sighed, realizing he'd made Lexi upset. She was the next person he really cared about at the school. Internally scolding himself, he got up, and went after her, while continually trying to push away the weird feeling in his stomach.
-------
Lexi ran to the auditorium, grateful it was empty. She walked onto the stage, and sat on the piano bench. Once she collected herself, she began to play the music to keys to LeAnn Rimes I Need You.

I don't need a lot of things
I can get by with nothing
With all the blessings life can bring
I've always needed something
But I've got all I want
When it comes to loving you
You're my only reason
You're my only truth
I need you like water
Like breath, like rain
I need you like mercy
From heaven's gate
There's a freedom in your arms
That carries me through
I need you

Sam walked into the auditorium when he heard singing coming from. He saw Lexi playing the piano, and singing, looking forlorn and in pain. He snuck into the row in the back, and watched as she continued playing the song.

You're the hope that moves me
To courage again, oh yeah
You're the love that rescues me
When the cold winds, rage
And it's so amazing
'Cause that's just how you are
And I can't turn back now
'Cause you've brought me too far
I need you like water
Like breath, like rain
I need you like mercy
From heaven's gate
There's a freedom in your arms
That carries me through
I need you
Oh yes I do
I need you like water
Like breath, like rain
I need you like mercy
From heaven's gate
There's a freedom in your arms
That carries me through
I need you
Oh yes I do
I need you
I need you

Lexi tried to finish singing, but being on the verge of the tears prevented her from singing audibly. She started to cry again, and immediately closed the piano, placing her elbows on top of the lid, and cried into her hands.

Sam felt his heart break as he watched one of his best friend's break down. He wanted nothing more than to help her, but he couldn't bring himself to get up.
-------

Later on that evening, Lexi pulled the door open, and entered Breadstix. Kurt had invited-well forced her to come support him that evening. She didn't have anything else to do, so she agreed.

When she got in, she looked around, and saw Sam sitting alone at a table. Letting out a shaky breath, she made her way over to him.

"Hey..." She said, making herself known, as Sam looked at her. "Is this seat taken?"

"Nope, have a seat." Sam said, sending her a small smile.

"Why are you here all alone? Where's Quinn?" Lexi asked, looking around.

"Honestly, I couldn't tell you." Sam sighed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Sam." Lexi apologized.

"It's okay, I'm sure we'll work it out eventually." Sam nodded.

"Well, that's good...I guess what I wanted to say earlier was that relationships have their ups and downs. No relationship is perfect. I promise you that things will work out." Lexi assured him. "Still, it sucks...and I also wanted to apologize for my bitchy behavior earlier in the cafeteria."

"Don't worry about it, Lex. You were right. I should not have unloaded all my problems about Quinn and I, on you. It was utterly stupid and insenstive of me." Sam apologized.

"I get it. I might've never been in a romantic relationship, but I can understand wanting to rant your problems to someone who is willing to listen." Lexi replied.

"Well, I appreciate that." Sam smiled softly, as he grabbed her hand in his across the table. He thought about mentioning that he'd seen her break down in the auditorium, but he decided to leave it.

The two of them continued to talk as he showed her more impressions, making her laugh. He felt his heart fill at the ability to make her laugh so easily. She felt the same, whenever she was with him, she was happy, and yes, she was still in love with him, and he didn't know it yet.

"Testing, one, two, three. Testing, one, two, three." Kurt said into the microphone. "Alright. So, Happy Valentine's Day, everybody. For those of you Breadstix patrons who don't know who I am, I am Kurt Hummel, and welcome to my first ever Lonely Hearts Club dinner. Whether you are single with hope or madly in love, and are here because I forced you to come out and support me, sit back, and enjoy." He smiled at everyone in the room, before sending a wink Lexi's way, causing her to chuckle.

"And to all the singles out there, this is our year." Kurt added, before joining the Warblers, as they began to sing.

{Silly Love Songs-Sung by the Dalton Academy Warblers}

As the Warblers sang, Sam and Lexi chatted, laughed, and danced along to the music. Lexi realized that although she was envious of every possible romantic relationship, especially Sam and Quinn's, she was somewhat happy in that moment. Maybe because the guy she loved was the one making her happy in that moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 3K 23
"Oh, no!" Piper shook her head as soon as she spotted JBI as she walked with Mercedes down the hallway. Grabbing her best friend by the arm, she trie...
128K 2.2K 25
▐ 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘪'𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥. sam evans ✗ fem! oc glee ━━ seasons two completed, slow updates 𝘪𝘯 �...
45.5K 520 21
When Cassie is finally noticed for her talent by a few members of glee club she gets caught up in all the drama that comes with it, and the notice of...
123K 1.9K 61
Fem OC & Sam Evans Slow burn . . . Following the plot of the episodes. Will not follow ALL episodes! . . . No Copyright intended. Apart from my orig...