Brothers: From Boys to Men

By Kamo_XXIII

Four good friends make a pact to find one woman to settle down with. But for these eligible bachelors, the ro... More

Cast
Morning Blues
The Pact
Gym
Fireworks
The Invitation
Table for Two
Protecting Our Peace
Cast
Nice To Meet You
Moment
Get It Off Ya Chest
F.U.C.K
Engagement Party
Engagement Party (Part II)
Relationship Status: It's Complicated
In My Own Words
Are You With Me or What?
Decisions Worth More Than Money
Will You Be.....
Return of The Mack?
Meet The Givens
What's Good For The Goose
Sins Of My Father
Book of Power: The Kennedy's Revenge
Fruity Cocktails and Confessions
Crazy Seeing You Here
Remember Me
Night To Remember
Let's Move On
For Lifers
A Murderer
I Care 4 U
New Beginning
Boys to Men
Epilogue Part I
Epilogue Part II
Epilogue Part III
Attention! Attention!

Get Me On My Ugly Side

390 15 13
By Kamo_XXIII

*From this point on some chapters will be told in the characters POV.*

Ryder K.

Sitting backstage waiting to go on, my nerves were shot. Believe it or not I hated being the center of attention so this would be way out of my comfort zone. Unfortunately this was something I had to do. Maybe because I was so closed off was the reason that media outlets felt the need to slander me in the tabloids.

So today I was going to let them get a glimpse into my world as the soon to be Mrs. Ryder Jordan.

Speaking of my fiancé, he still has no clue about the letter. There were parts of my life that I kept hidden from him and that was a mistake.

But I was ashamed.

Ashamed that if he knew, he would see me the same way the world does. And I couldn't let that happen. But that was subject to change. Once I return home I was going to tell him everything, because as my husband he deserved to hear it from me.

"Hey cuzzo! You ready to do this?" Serenity asked from behind.

I sighed. "About as ready as I'll ever be. Let me do a post then I'll be ready!" I said to her, staring at her reflection in the mirror.

Serenity had flew in a couple days ago after my girl Nina's video premiere party, which I heard was amazing and was supposed to officially be released shortly after my interview. For whatever reason though, Serenity had been acting extremely weird and distant.

The last time she got like this, her no good ex was blinging her line begging her to come back, and she almost let him.

God don't let that be the case!

I'd hate to have to strangle this girl! Serenity was doing so well in Los Angeles and not to mention she deserved better. There is one person I know for a fact she'd look good with, but too bad his ass is married.

Serenity snapped a quick pic of me in the so that I could post it.

Liked by ninamonet and 2,867,325 others

only1ryder_k  Oh, I get it, huh, they paintin' me out to be the bad guy👿 @whitleyshow What's tea b*tches!☕️

Makeup by @chloejones☺️
Hair by @badasstae
Styled by @materialgirl_rinni
All black fit by @gisellehoward

ninamonet You got this bestie!

ladybossmyap 🤍🤍🤍🤍

erikakane Nicki caption for the win! They gone be on them keyboards all day for this one😂❤️

moneymakinreeves Big Kennedy Energy💪🏾

Seeing the comments from my girls and little brother while walking towards the stage, put a smile on my face, letting me know they were supporting me from home base. Lord knows I needed the good energy cause this bitch was ruthless.

Speaking of the devil!

"Ryder Kennedy! Never thought I'd see the day you'd end up on my show."

Me either bitch!

"Well I'm here! And I couldn't have picked a better person to share my story with." I said giving her the fakest smile I could muster up. Truth be told, Hellen DeGenerate had to cancel last minute, so I had no choice but to come here.

"Hmm...well you have absolutely nothing to worry about. We'll only focus on the topics you chose and nothing else..I promise!" She held out her hand for me to shake and after awhile I hesitantly did. I didn't trust this woman as far as I could throw her, which wasn't far.

"Well if you excuse me, it's time to open the show." She smiled before walking over to the curtains that lead to the stage. Her into music came on and the crowd cheered before she sashayed her way to center stage, where her seat was.

" First and foremost..What's Tea Bitches!?" She asked the crowd and they replied "What's Tea!" which was her catch phrase she said at the beginning of every show. I wasn't due to go on for another fifteen minutes so while I waited, I replied to a few emails and checked my text messages.

Hubby❤️💍👅

Filming rn, but just wanted to tell you how much I love you and hope you have a good interview.❤️

Ty bby, I love you so much too. Hopefully this will get the media to ease up.

We good either way my love, they can't say a damn thing to make me stop loving U.

Gotta go! I'll call you later once we wrap up filming.

Ok love you❤️

Love U too

**********

Finally the moment of truth was here. I stood behind the same curtains as I listened to Whitley announce me as her special guest on today's show.

"Ladies and gentlemen, our guest today is a known model and actress whose hubby to be is just a hot as she is! Please give it for Ryder Kennedy everybody!" She announced as the room erupted into cheers.

Of course when I heard my favorite song by rapper Bia Whole Lotta Money, I knew I had to give the girls an ole nasty walk chile, which had the aunties gagging in their depends.

One I reached my seat, I turned to smile and wave at the audience before sitting down.

"Ryder Kennedy, welcome!"

"Hi! Thanks for having me." I said politely.

"So happy to have you on the show...seems like it's been a long time coming hasn't it!?"

For obvious reasons of course!

"It has! But I'm not really a media person like that. I post what I have to for business and every now and then show the world a glimpse of my personal life." I explained to her earning a few surprising understanding nods from the crowd.

"So what exactly brings you hear today?"

I took a moment. "Umm..Just wanting to mix things up a bit. I'm starting a new journey in my life and seeing as though my supporters are growing it's time for them to see another side of me."

Whitley nodded. "Understood! So you mentioned business a minute ago, so what is it that you have going on with that?" She asked changing the subject.

"Well I am currently a brand ambassador for beauty mogul Giselle Howard's fashion line. I'm actually wearing a piece from her collection now! And I also have a few roles coming up in television and on the big screen so my schedule is booked and busy."

So far the interview was going good, she was poking or prying like she always did.

"So no music videos!?"

I shook my head. "My days as a video vixen are over chile...I'm off to better things theses days." I declared getting several claps from the audience.

"And I take it, Hollywood heartthrob Bakari Jordan is a part of these better things?" She speculated with a smirk. "Yes! He is definitely a huge part of my growing process."

"For those who don't know, Ryder and Bakar recently got engaged...so congratulations to them!" She announced to the audience who cheered in return and I replied with a thank you.

"Mom, Dad, brother how do they feel about him?"

"My parents love him! Mom is always cooking for him and because of Bakari's close relationship with my brother they were hanging out with my dad before we ever became a thing."

"What are they old college buddies or something?" Whitley inquired and I quickly shook my head.

"Actually my brother met him at a party years ago, and at the time Bakari wasn't as known as he is now so money wasn't quite coming in so when they became cool he started getting Bakari hosting gigs. Shortly after that B' introduced my brother to these two NFL players who he met at the gym. And because my brother always had this gift of gab and business sense about him, some how he talked them into letting him manage them and for the last seven years he's been the mastermind behind all of their biggest business deals and mine as well."

The crowd wowed at my story of how my twenty-year old brother at the time, met my husband to be and finessed a job that not only made other's millions but himself as well.

"That is truly an amazing! Well unfortunately we are running out of time."

Thank god! I was happy to end this interview on a positive note.

"But....before you go! I'd like to ask you about something that's been brought to my attention."

Oh no! What the hell could this possibly be about!?

I swallowed hard. "Umm...okay! What is it?"

"Ryder do you know this man?"

When she motioned for the screen behind us, the image that it displayed had me shaken to the core. Nothing good could come from whatever she was about to say or ask.

"Tha..that's..he's my Umm.." I stuttered.

My body was shaking! What was this about? And if she knew anything about this man she'd know how terrible of a person he was to me.

"This is Del'Rio Spencer also known as Draco. He has a long criminal history stemming from assault, armed robbery, domestic violence and even murder. He's also Ryder's former boyfriend!" She went on to explain and the crowd began to chatter.

I quickly turned to her. "Whitley please stop this! What are you doing?" I pleaded with her.

"Don't worry! I'm just doing what you wanted....showing the world a different side of you." She assured mockingly before turning to the audience. "Del'Rio claims that not only was she a paid escort, but she also drugged and robbed men for money and participated in pornographic films. He also alleged that not only did she steal from him, but she's also hiding a baby from him."

The audience was in an uproar!

"How do you sleep at night knowing that you allegedly did all of these things and are hiding a child?" She asked and I swear she looked like the devil himself. Smiling and taunting me as hot tears pierced my cheeks.

I couldn't take the burning eyes on me and the looks of disgust. Whitley Weathers had just assassinated my character in front of the world, and most importantly ruined the best thing that ever happened to me...my relationship with Bakari.

I had to get out of here.

Jolting up out of my seat, I ran backstage with a quickness. Not caring about any of my things I made my way towards the exit of the studio we were in. Serenity called out for me, but I didn't care. Flinging the door open I ran as fast as I could up the block, with her hot on my heels. Damn near about to kill myself, I crossed the busy New York streets and flagged down the first taxi I see.

"Step on it!" The driver did as told. I needed to go! Somewhere, anywhere but here.

Whitley Weathers set out to destroy me, and she did! I wanted to show the world a brand new side of me. And she made sure to show the ugliest version of me.

My life was over!

A/N:

Poor Ryder😔....The Devil in a red dress has struck again.

Her side of the story next chapter.📖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.5K 33
"𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭, 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭".
5.2K 179 14
"We met on the same route." Read to find out more 🥷🏽
749K 26.4K 68
𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 ? 𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 ?
8.1M 237K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...