The Con-Heartist (2na) (Mina...

By ign_ted

"1 million? Did I hear you right?" Sana asked. She turned around to meet the pale woman who had been sitting... More

i. The Beginning
ii. The Meeting
iii. Old Times
iv. The Plan
v. Run
vi. Uncanny Resemblance
vii. Spider
viii. Fun
ix. Phase 1
x. Wow
xi. Still up
xii. You did what?!
xiii. Secret
xiv. Secret..unveiled?
xv. Moonlight, Icarus, and the Star
xvi. Oh It's on
xviii. You make me
xviii. You make me (2)
xix. Again
xx. Downfall
xxi. Cotton Candy
Extra

xvii. Smile

562 34 7
By ign_ted

Mina's eyes followed the speeding car that left the studio. She sighed. Nayeon had left the studio so it was just them now but why was the tension still so thick? Why was the atmosphere between them still so weird?

She softly pushed the cabinet doors open so she, Sana, and Momo could get out. Momo immediately rushed to where her girlfriend was and hugged her. Sana and Mina followed her and was greeted with the scene of Momo repeatedly smacking Jeongyeon's shoulder as the older woman held her arms up defensively.

"Yah! Did you flirt back? You're glad the cabinet window was too small for me to see" Momo said between her smacks.

"A-aniyo! Baby, I didn't" Jeongyeon replied as she kept her arms up.

Momo's smacks weakened upon hearing that. She blushed at her girlfriend calling her an endearment.

The five of them talked about what had just happened and decided to talk about the plan when they get home so Chaeyoung could also be briefed.

Mina and Sana got into the sports car that was displayed while Jeongyeon, Momo, and Dahyun got into the other car.

Sana was amazed at the interior design of the car. "Is this really yours?"

"Mhm" Mina replied as she revved up the car.

"How much did you buy this for?" Sana was touching the dashboard in front of her, amazed at how Mina had actually covered the entire interior with leather, even the dashboard.

"Around 2.4 million"

"Won?" Sana shifted in her seat to face Mina.

Mina didn't reply as she kept her eyes on the world. Her lips were threatening to curl up into a smile, amused at the conversation they were having.

"D-dollars?" She smacked Mina's shoulder. "2.4 million dollars?!" Sana sighed as she slumped back onto her seat. "That's like a years worth of conning for me if I'm lucky" Sana muttered to herself.

Mina took the long way home, occasionally speeding up the car as per Sana's request. She just took in the scene that was happening around her. Sana had slid down her window to feel the breeze hit her face as the car drove down the almost vacant road at a high speed.

She wanted to stay like this as much as she could because she knew that the moment they get to Mina's Villa and step a foot on the ground, they had to face the reality. The reality that this--this plan of theirs had to end tomorrow whether they want to or not and it was scary. It would be scary, nerve wracking, and she knew that tonight would most likely be a sleepless night filled with tossing and turning since she was like that. Whenever it would be the night before a big day, Mina would often find herself tired the next day since she couldn't sleep, not with all the tension.

But she just shook that thought away. For now, she just enjoyed driving down the long way home. She absolutely loved driving late at night because that's when you can let yourself loose and drive as fast or as slow as you can, it's all up to you because the night is your. It definitely was for Mina and Sana.

She chuckled loudly as she watch Sana stick her head out and yell something. Mina absolutely loved every bit of the moment that was happening right now and to be frank, if she could stop time right now she would. How can she not when looking around her she saw Sana having the time of her life, the street being absolutely empty--save for some cars just trying to get home after a long night shift, and how it was a full moon so it was bright out. She took a quick glance at Sana who had sat back pn her seat but had kept her head a bit tilted to her right. Definetly not as bright as Sana's smile though.

Eventually, even after taking the long route home, they had arrived at Mina's Villa. The two had become silent as they went inside the garage. Mina parked the car and pulled the key out of the ignition. She also didn't know what to say despite wanting to break the silence so bad. The situation they were in right now was bad as is, she didn't want to make it worse by saying the wrong things.

Sana was the first to get out of the car and head inside. Mina soon followed after a minute of contemplation. The house was quiet when they had gone in. The girls were gathered by the living room, a solemn silence had surrounded them. Mina knew that if she had stood in front of them and started a pep talk, this awful tension they were all feeling would go away. But she herself didn't know what to say. What if she just ends up saying what she wants to hear but it's not what they want to hear.

"Let's eat" It wasn't that obvious but Mina could hear the faint hoarseness in Dahyun's voice. It had seemed like Dahyun was scared, scared that she might mess up tomorrow.

That was the only verbal words that were shared between all of them that night. Nothing else came out of their mouths but their eyes were telling another story. They were silently telling each other that it was okay but at the same time that they were scared themselves too. How can you comfort someone when you yourself are terrified at the situation because it was alien, unfamiliar, and scary to you.

After they had cleaned up, they got into their rooms to freshen up before going to bed. Sana was supposed to sleep with Chaeyoung this time since after all, that was their room assignment, Jeongyeon with Momo, Sana with Chaeyoung, and Dahyun with Mina. She knocked on the door before opening it slowly. Once she saw Dahyun in the room, she knew.

She just bowed and looked at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung was thankful her bestfriend was okay with it so she had allowed her to get inside to get her night clothes before quietly leaving the room.

It was weird but they didn't know how to ease the tension so they just kept quiet the entire night.

Mina was surprised to see that Sana was the one who'd share her bed with her but it wasn't like she was complaining. After all, this was going to be their last night together so might as well let it be.

The two got in bed and faced the opposite direction. Mina badly wanted to turn around. She hoped that when she did, she'd see Sana facing her too and maybe for the first time this evening, they'd share a smile with each other. She couldn't twist or turn since she didn't want to ruin Sana's sleep. She figured the older woman was already asleep since she could hear faint snoring from the other side.

She softly shook her head. Sana shouldn't matter more than what she already was to Mina--a simple deal, and she knew that she just the same to Sana. But why did it hurt to think that?

There is an unsaid law of attraction where you slowly become attracted to someone over an amount of time that you spend closely with them despite you telling yourself that you would never like them. Mina thought to herself and pondered if that was the case for Sana. After all, that was what happened with her and Wendy in high school. Her classmate had pestered her everyday to go on a date with her but Mina would turn her down everytime until she found herself eventually warming up to girl and looking forward to the time of the day where Wendy would ask her out.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She'll figure this out in the morning, there was nothing she could do now so she'd just be wasting her time staring at her blank wall when she could be sleeping.

Morning rolled in and they had freshened up before going to the kitchen to eat. There, they had their first words shared with one another ever since last night's awful tension.

It was Sana who broke it. She had to since she needed to brief them of their plan. Mina would occasionally butt in and add to it to make the plan more viable while the other girls simply nodded and would often say "yes".

They all got inside the car except for Chaeyoung and Momo. The two would stay behind to check the monitors and record their meeting.

It wasn't long until they had arrived at the restaurant they had agreed on with Nayeon. It was different this time since Sana was the one driving while Mina, Dahyun, and Jeongyeon sat at the back.

Sana parked the car and they all got out. Little do they know that Nayeon was already watching them, coming up with her own plan on how to con them back before they could even con her.

Dahyun and Jeongyeon got inside a private room. Mina and Sana got inside the room beside them. Dahyun and Jeongyeon were going to meet with Nayeon in the room beside theirs and after the deal would be done, Dahyun would carry it into Mina and Sana's room where the two would count how much.

"I'll be back. I have to pee" Sana excused herself once they got inside their room. Mina nodded and sat down on a chair.

The door opened not long after. "Eh? Didn't you have to pe-" Mina froze when she faced the door. If anything, Nayeon was the last person Mina wanted to pass through that door so seeing her in front of her made her nervous.

Nayeon had a worried look on her face. "Mina.." She sat down next to Mina and placed her hands on top of Mina's. "I know what you guys are planning. T-they're bad people, they're going to con me" She looked down sadly.

Mina flinched back upon hearing Nayeon's words. "And you aren't?" Mina harshly replied.

Nayeon looked up at her, tears threatening to spill down her rosy cheeks. "Help me. They're going to con me"

"Why should I?" Mina crossed her arms.

Nayeon got off her chair and kneeled down. She pulled Mina's waist and hugged her. "Because I still love you. If you'll help me, I'll bring you with me. We can start a life together with the money."

For a moment, Mina felt her heart flutter at the words that came out of Nayeon's mouth. She couldn't help but think if there was any truth to it. She sighed as she thought deeply about her decision.

After a while, Mina had finally come up with an answer. "Yes, Nayeon"

Nayeon looked up to her with the brightest smile and happiest eyes. "You won't regret it, Mina! Bring it to the front gate, I'll meet you there!"

Nayeon got up and went inside the other room. Sana soon came in after a minute of Nayeon's departure.

Mina watched the clock at the top of the door. If it was successfully, it would end in a few minutes knowing what Nayeon had planned.

Four minutes passed and Dahyun came in with the cheekiest grin and a duffel bug in the other.

"This is two and a half million, make sure to count it." She winked. "This is Mine, Jeongyeon, and Nayeon's money."

Mina suddenly got nervous. She had other plans and those plans involved Nayeon, much to her demise.

"Sana-ssi, is it fine if I take this to the car?"

Sana stopped counting and looked at Mina. She nodded. She had trusted Mina so she was quick to say yes.

Mina put the money that Sana had laid out after counting, back into the bag as she zipped it up and grabbed it.

Her heart raced as she made her way to where Nayeon was waiting. She smiled at the older woman when she saw her.

Nayeon greeted her with her famous bunny-toothed grin. "Let's go to my car, shall we?"

Mina nodded and followed her, clutching onto the duffel bag in her left hand.

Once they arrived in front of Nayeon's car, Mina handed her the duffel bag. Nayeon gladly accepted it.

"You know, you never changed"

Oh no. Mina felt her head swirl. It was like she had been thrown back a year ago.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk" Nayeon clicked her tongue. "Why do you trust so much, Myoui?" A smug grin was now on Nayeon's lips.

Mina looked down, ashamed and embarrassed at what was unfolding in front of her now.

"Well" Nayeon set the duffel bag on the front of her car, her hand never leaving the handle. "What do you have to say to yourself, Myoui?"

Mina muttered something which made Nayeon's cocky grin even grow more. "I'm sorry. I couldn't hear that, can you repeat it?"

"I said I want you to smile for me." Mina's head lifted up and it revealed as smiling Mina.

Nayeon's smug grin was now washed off her face as she hastily opened the duffel bag. She pulled out the contents and saw that it was filled with flyers and magazines. She gripped onto it and looked at Mina with a crazed look.

"Aww, cat got your tongue?" They both turned to where the voice was coming from.

Sana sauntered over to them with a cocky smile and a hand in her pocket.

"Tsk tsk tsk. You trust to much, Im" Mina mimicked.

Nayeon was enraged. She threw the magazine onto the duffel bag.

Mina waved at her. "Ciao" She then left the two and made her way inside to go to Jeongyeon and Dahyun. Their gaze followed the Japanese woman as she got inside.

"You're fucking her, aren't you?"

Sana slowly turned her gaze from the door to Nayeon. "Excuse me?"

Nayeon scoffed. "I knew you were familiar. I looked you up last night and guess I found a lot about you. You were the one that pulled the Pink Panther con heist last year, right?"

Sana shrugged. "It was nothing"

Nayeon scoffed. "You and Mina, you guys are fucking right?"

Sana's teeth clenched. "Please don't say that"

"Why? What's wrong? Bet she was great" Nayeon grinned. She was firing up the woman and she loved it. "The way she moans your name in bed, the way she writhes under you when you sque-"

"Don't you fucking say that" Sana growled. "Mina isn't a fucking object and it shouldn't matter if we're together  or not"

"Oh it will" Nayeon grinned. She slowly made her way to the side where the driver's seat was. "Because as long as I'm here, I'll make her life a living hell."

Sana ran to her side but Nayeon had quickly got inside and locked the door. She face the window where Sana was.

"You can choose, be with her now and watch me make your lives a living hell or try and catch me so I end up in prison" She grinned.

Sana knew. They both knew that if she chased Nayeon to the border, she'd get caught too since she was a notorious most wanted criminal for conning.

"Make your choice, Minatozaki" She grinned and started the engine. Sana quickly got into Mina's car and started the car.

Nayeon had already left her parking spot. Sana cursed to herself. She knew she was definitely going to recieve a sentence if she chased her but there was no way she was going to make Mina go through hell, not now that she had finally caught feelings for her.

--
this was hella long. just a warning that the next chapter is hella angsty sorry :( also the book ends in like 2-3 chapters or so, are you excited to know the ending?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 762 18
Another fanfic story on MiTzu (Mina x Tzuyu) and it's gxg! "I'm just hurting myself...Maybe i am avoiding Tzuyu, after all...So i won't hurt myself...
40.3K 685 11
Kim Dahyun planned her future with enough intricacy that she doubt she'd even fail. Minatozaki Sana does not belong in that plan. But somehow, she fo...
78K 2.9K 29
************************* "I'll give you the money. Come with me." "I can't trust you." "For once, trust me. I'm saving you from ruining your life." ...
131K 5K 31
[COMPLETED + G!P + bad words] Lee Y/N a 21 year old woman who is finding a job since she's just playing games all day and night. Her friend who works...