Accidentally On Purpose

Від sadscorpio07

When Hollis moved to California, she had never expected to fall in love with the charming football player, O... Більше

a few words.
chapter one ~ Hollis
Chapter two~Owen
Chapter three~ Hollis
Chapter four~Owen
Chapter five~ Hollis
Chapter six~ Owen
Chapter seven~Hollis
Chapter eight~Owen
Chapter nine~ Hollis
Chapter ten~ Owen
Chapter eleven~ Hollis
Chapter twelve~Owen
Chapter thirteen~ Hollis
Chapter fourteen~Owen
Chapter fifteen~Hollis
Chapter sixteen~ Owen
Chapter seventeen~ Hollis
Chapter eighteen~Owen
Chapter nineteen~Hollis
Chapter twenty~ Owen
Chapter twenty-one ~Hollis
Chapter twenty-two~ Owen
Chapter twenty-three~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-four~ Owen
Chapter twenty-five~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-six~ Owen
Chapter twenty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-eight~ Owen
Chapter twenty-nine~ Hollis
Chapter thirty~ Owen
Chapter thirty-one~ Hollis
Chapter thirty-two~ Owen
Chapter thirty-four~ Owen
Chapter thirty-five~ Hollis
Chapter thirty-six~ Owen
Chapter thirty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter thirty eight~Owen
A NEW ERA
Chapter thirty-nine~Hollis
Chapter forty~Hollis
Chapter forty-one~ Hollis
Chapter forty-two~Owen
Chapter forty-three~ Hollis
Chapter forty-four~ Hollis
Chapter forty-five~ Hollis
Chapter forty-six~ Hollis
Chapter forty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter forty-eight~Hollis
Chapter forty-nine ~ Hollis
Chapter fifty~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-one~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-two~ Owen
Chapter fifty-three~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-four~Hollis
Epilogue~ Owen
Epilogue~ Hollis

Chapter thirty-three~ Hollis

622 11 3
Від sadscorpio07

What to wear for my freaking going away parade? 

Hm.

Today was the day I was going off to Saint Mary's. Technically school wasn't starting for another month but we wanted to leave to get settled in.

We being me and Luke.

No, we weren't together. But it was a really flirty friendship. It had been four months since me and Owen broke up. It was fine to move on and even have that ability to like other people, right?

Not saying I like him but I want to have the right to have those feelings. I don't know if any of that made sense but welcome to the complexity of Hollis Green's mind. Good luck.

Everything was in boxes. Well not everything. I was keeping a lot of things here just because I needed a space to come back to and the dorms were small.

Plus if I fully gave up this room then it would be designated for Jasper.

I grabbed a green floral dress and a forest green hoodie. This was cute and casual.

I grabbed a lime green pullover jacket just in case, and then I grabbed my back pack. In there I kept the things that I might need during the ride. Charger, computer, book, tampons, airpods, etc.

All the boxes were outside in Luke's truck. Oh, did I mention Luke and I were driving up together. That one really made everyone skeptical of our "platonic" relationship.

Whatever. They could think whatever they wanted, only Luke and I really knew the truth.

I walked towards the door and took it all in. My last look in this room that has shaped me for about a year. I had so many moments in the small room and now it was time make some more.

This was hard saying goodbye to a room, I couldn't imagine how saying goodbye to the people will be.

I shut the door.

God, Hollis. Stop being dramatic.

......

"Ugh, Holli. I can't believe you're leaving me!" My mom said.

Esme Lennon always tended to be on the dramatic side. I always knew this and expected to be annoyed during my departure today. But oddly enough, it was making me emotional.

"Mom, I'll be back in no time. I'll be home for the birth and holidays, chillax."

Chillax was something I would never say in Washington. Maybe the Californians and their lingo grew on me in the past year.

"You gotta promise to call me everyday." She said, more like commanded.

"Every day?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Every day, Hollis Farah." 

Oh God, she was using middle names now.

"Okay, okay." I said putting my hands up.

She wrapped her arms around me and I was pulled into a tight hug.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Holls." She cried.

"Don't get all teary eyed on me now." I tried joking.

I kind of felt bad to making that joke, though.

I hugged her back tightly, "I'm gonna miss you too, mama."

I said my goodbyes to the rest of them and they were all pretty chill. Way more chill than my mom's goodbye. I made my way to last person in the group. 

Owen.

This goodbye I was dreading. I was really really dreading considering on what went down the night of the party. Although, that's another story for another time.

I walked towards him and he held his arms out. He wanted to hug me one last time.

This felt wrong and wasn't probably written in some book labeled "What not to do with your exes."

I hugged him anyway.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot, Holls." He told me.

Why?

"Me too."

I wasn't gonna say "I'll miss you too" but.i didn't want to start any more drama by not saying anything.

"Call me if your lonely and maybe we can work it out." He suggested.

I laughed but he was being serious.

I scrunched my nose, "Yeah, I'll do that, O." 

I pulled apart from the hug he had initiated. 

He awkwardly smiled.

"Ready to get on the road? We don't wanna hit traffic." Luke announced.

Saved by Luke, yet again.

................

"Hey, Hollis." I heard a calm voice say, "Get up. We're here." 

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Luke in front of me.

"Hm?" I said, wanting to go back to sleep.

"We just got to St.Marys, time to wake up." He said.

His voice was so soothing.

I didn't want to wake up, I was finally having a good dream . I couldn't remember the last time I had a good dream 

"Is this you subtly saying you want me to carry you in?" He joked with his signature smile.

I automatically smiled, "You caught me."

He grinned and stopped the car, pulling the keys and putting them on the dash. I shifted my body up and unbuckled.

The whole ride here was really sweet and fun. We got to know each other even more and had little karaoke moment. A little aka a half hour.

He made the long car ride feel so short, it was so fun. But of course, I just to go and fall asleep. A classic Hollis move.

We made our way to the back and grabbed our boxes.

"Do you need help carrying all your stuff up?" He asked me.

" Yes please." I said in response.

He grabbed two big boxes and I did the same.

He walked me up to my empty from room and we stopped all my stuff onto the empty bed.

We did this until my boxes were all up in the dorm and only his belongings remained in the car.

"Need help with your stuff?" I asked, ready to start lifting some heavy boxes.

"Nah, you can walk me up if you want to, though." He said as he grabbed a big orange duffle bag.

I couldn't help but wonder why he wanted me to walk up with him if he didn't need any help with his stuff. I shrugged it off and decided to come up with some witty response.

"Well I'm a woman of high demand." I started joking, "But I suppose I can spare some time."

"How eternally grateful I now am." He said sarcastically.

I smirked and walked him up.

His dorm wasn't super close to mine but it also wasn't too far away. We were a solid five minutes walk away from each other.

I was gonna head back to the car, expecting him to do the same because of the remaining stuff but he stopped in the doorway.

"You'd think you'd have more stamina from the whole baseball captain thing." I joked.

He laughed, "Actually can I ask you something kinda important?" 

"Sure, what's up." I said, crossing my arms.

I realized that might appear a little intimidating so I uncrossed them.

"I know this might be sorta sudden and I completely get it you don't want to do it but my dad is getting married in a few weeks and I was wondering if you wanted to be my date." He rambled, " Actually no, I really really want you as my date."

I could tell he was nervous. Not anybody could be able to tell he was nervous. That was just Luke, though. He was so cool and collected and good at hiding things. 

But after being close to him for five months, I could tell.

"You're like my best friend, yeah. Of course." I responded.

Why was he so nervous to ask? I was obviously gonna say yes to him.

"Hollis no. I want you to be my date." He corrected.

"Like a date date?" I asked.

"Like a date date." He answered.

An actual date with Luke Craine.

"Oh sorry, oblivion is a big thing in my family." I nervously laughed.

"So, would you still be down?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm so down for this."

He grinned, "Alrighty then."

"Alrighty." I mimicked.

"Whew, that was a weight lifted off my shoulders." He joked.

I laughed, "I should probably head back and get started on everything." I said to him.

"Yeah, you go do that." He responded.

"'Til next time." He said while doing that salute motion.

I saluted back with a big grin.

"Until next time." 

And then I watch walk downs the halls until I couldn't see him anymore.

Oh, Luke.

Hollis.Green: interior designer material?

Hello my dear readers, I hoped you liked this update. I feel like we're about to get into a new Hollis era. I haven't quite figured it out myself nor has Hollis ig. Honestly I can't tell if I'm making Owen too much of a depressed border line alcoholic lmao

Off topic. Have any of y'all ever watched the movie "About time". I cried my eyes out and now I want a quirky red headed boyfriend :')

16/10 movie tho.

I hope y'all are doing splendid on this fine eve (or whenever you're reading this). You smart people know the drill tho. Vote, comment, follow and share. Don't be a ghost reader.

Love you bestie.

-Sophie

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

The Bright Side of Darkness Від Keira Knox

Підліткова література

19.7K 1.6K 40
**A Romance, Teen Fiction, and YA Featured Novel** Worlds collide when a formerly overweight teen befriends a blinded football player and is forced t...
Right In Front of Me Від katied93

Підліткова література

3.7K 58 30
Lauren Jacobs thought she had her life all figured out. She has great best friends, a gorgeous boyfriend, and school wasn't so horrible. That changed...
We Are Teenagers | ✓ Від ♡

Підліткова література

25.8K 1.4K 50
WARNING. THIS WAS MY FIRST EVER STORY THAT I WROTE WHEN I WAS LIKE FIFTEEN. WHILE I AM VERY PROUD OF IT, IT CAN STILL HAVE SOME CRINGE WTF MOMENTS. S...
791K 2.1K 8
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...