Entangled (Yuta x Reader)

By Psychic1808

A group of students are gathered to be trained to find out their superpowers. What happens if they are unable... More

Introduction
1. Silent Soul
2. Friends
3. Accident
4. Signs?
5. Death Touch
6. Fight
7. Rumours
8. Revelation
9. Truth
10. First Lesson
11. Training
12. Truth (Pt. 2)
13. Feelings
Superpowers
15. First Battle
16. Aftermath
17. Angry?
18. Secret
19. Don't Give Up
20. Mistake
21. The Creeks
22. Second Battle
23. Exhausted
24. Worried
25. Ready
26. Moments
27. Confession
28. Final Battle
Discussion
29. Not Her Fault
30. Together
Question & Answer
Sequel!!

14. Fire

747 58 31
By Psychic1808

Third person's pov:

The two hadn't spoken to each other after that encounter. None had the courage to face the other. They would steal few glances at times without the other knowing.

(Y/N) had been contemplating her thoughts through the whole night and felt awkward whenever Yuta was around her. But it had no effect on the latter. He remained as calm and cold as he could and that intrigued (Y/N) a lot.

(Y/N)'s pov:

It was 10 am. I had to practice my powers. But I can't face Yuta after what happened yesterday. I lay curled up on my bed, half asleep. If I had to fight the queen, I should at least test my skills instead of just being lazy and embarrassed.

Reluctantly, I got up and left my dorm. I reached the practice room after having a coffee, which I was craving for at the moment.

The door to the practice room was slightly opened, indicating Yuta had already arrived. Stop being embarrassed. After all it was him who did it. I thought before taking a deep breath and pushing the door open.

There I saw him seated in one of the chairs, reading a book which I had concluded to be about powers. He didn't spare even a single glance at me.

He should have noticed my presence by the sound of the door opening.

I walked closer to him at stood by the desk, where he had placed the book.
His eyes looked at my shoes for not even a second until he averted it back to the book.

Knowing this wouldn't lead to the perfect practice I had expected, I decided to initiate the conversation.

"What are you reading?" I asked in a monotone. He kept silent as though he didn't hear me.

"Is it what we are going to practice today?"

No answer.

I was done with him for sure. It somehow annoyed me that he wasn't replying. I hit the table hard with my hand and said "Are you going to keep ignoring me the whole time?"

There was a pause, a silence for few seconds until he lifted his head up and looked at me.

"Does that bother you in any way?" he said nonchalantly.

"Of course it does. I-I mean.... we have to practice... You are unfortunately my t-trainer. How can we practice, when you aren't talking to me?" I stuttered.

He heaved a big sigh and averted his attention back to the book. "Alright... I know I mean only that much to you.....So stop stuttering and practice the already learnt powers on your own today."

"Huh?" I scoffed. "I was better off in my bed" I muttered not realizing he heard that as he sighed once more.

I walked away from him to the other corner of the room, but stopped in my tracks to see if he regretted his decision. But he seemed to be so immersed into that book, it somehow made me feel to burn it.

Alas!

That's what happened. The book started burning, flames spreading almost immediately. Fortunately, Yuta hands were on his lap. My eyes widened at the sight. Yuta was shocked too and he turned to look at me with an eyebrow raised and with a 'What-the-fuck' look.

My eyes found his and I immediately turned around to avoid eye contact with him. Embarrassed to turn around and face him, I looked through the corner of my eyes. He was using his water power to stop the flames.

Once he was done he picked up the burnt book with two fingers, started swinging it and turned to look at me again. I was hitting my head mentally as well as physically, until the fire alarm stared ringing.

Shit.

"I heard that. Stop cursing. And what are you going to do about this? He asked moving the burnt book in his hands.

I turned around to look at him but lowered my head immediately.

"You sure can use your powers for such things very well." He said while shaking his head.

"I'm sorry" I said quietly and he seemed to have heard it as he looked at me with pitiful eyes.

The alarm hadn't stopped ringing. Before Yuta could even say another word, I ran out of the practice room. There was a commotion around the main hall. I moved in to find a huge crowd surrounding a figure.

"I swear it wasn't me" said the voice which I immediately recognized as Jason's. I hadn't noticed that Yuta had followed me and was now standing beside me. My friends and a very happy Alex walked towards us.

"What's wrong?" asked Yuta, after looking at Alex.

"That Jason boy used his power to set this place on fire. And now he is denying the already evident fact." said Alex laughing at Jason.

I was more than flustered as I just stared at the floor. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Yuta looking at me with a slight smirk plastered on his face.

Look what you have done. His voice was heard clearly inside my head.

I should have burned you instead. I hit back, immediately regretting my decision as Yuta opened his mouth.

"You know there is someone else who can—"

"There are others who have the same power too" I cut him off, giving Yuta a fake smile and turning towards Alex.

"That's true" pointed out Elena who had been looking at Jason the whole time.

"Jisung's got the power too." we could hear Jason's voice from the crowd. We all turned towards Jisung, the poor boy's eyes widened and he looked beyond scared.

"It's not me" he said. "You know I'll never do it Hyung" he turned to Taeyong. That's when I realized, it was Taeyong who was mediating the situation. He nodded and gave a small smile to Jisung.

"I was with with him for the past two hours... I can guarantee he didn't do it." said Chenle, putting an arm over Jisung's shoulder. The crowd had started whispering and few confirmed the fact that Jisung wasn't the one to do it.

Oh no. Not me. Please not me.

"How about the two Yokais over there?" Jason was desperate to prove himself innocent. Poor boy. I thought.

Taeyong looked over to me and Yuta. I had my head hung low but Yuta seemed calm enough. I slowly raised my eyes to meet Taeyong's.

"Actually—"

"We both were practicing. We can guarantee that it's neither of us" said Yuta all of a sudden. I turned around to look at him with wide eyes and he just flashed me a smile.

Taeyong looked quite convinced as he turned around to Jason. The later had fear but still was ready to prove himself innocent and for the first time I felt sorry for the brat.

"It's alright Jason. Just don't let it happen again." said Taeyong, being the ever so calm person he was.

"I told you it wasn't me." said Jason with an angry look. Taeyong just shook his head.

"Someone turn the bloody alarm off." he said before going to exit the hall. The crowd had dispersed and my friends had moved over to Jisung, leaving me and Yuta alone.

"Why didn't you say it?" I asked Yuta, once I made sure no one was hearing us.

"I'm not in good terms with him, so I thought of it as a payback." He shrugged it off before walking towards Jisung.

"Yuta" I called out his name. He turned around to look at me with an eyebrow raised. "Thanks" I said while looking down.

"As I said, It wasn't for you" he said, a smirk forming on his lips. He gave me a small smile before turning and making his way towards our friends as I followed him.

"Will you still keep ignoring me?" I asked him, trying to match his pace. He remained silent so it took it as 'Yes'.

______________

Yuta's pov:

"Will you still keep ignoring me?" she asked as she was running to match my pace. I remained silent. How can I ever ignore you? I thought. She seemed to give up on asking me anything else. Before reaching the spot our friends were in, I heard a loud voice echoing through the hall.

"Students!!" I turned around to see our Chief standing at the doorway, with a worried expression. "The time has come. Mr.X saw the vision. The battle starts tomorrow." he gave us the huge information in just three sentences. Everyone started whispering to each other and soon turned their heads towards (Y/N). I looked at her to find her staring at her feet. The Chief was looking at her too. He then heaved a big sigh and continued.

"Follow me. I have something to show to you." he said as he proceeded to walk away. The crowd had squeezed through the door following the Chief.
(Y/N)'s friends gave her pitiful smiles and followed the chief too. But she just stood there.

"Are you alright?" I asked when I went towards her. She raised her head to look at me and soon gave me a small smile.

"Yes. Let's go." she said as she pulled me along with her to where the Chief had to take us.

We were walking in the grounds until we reached the place. It looked like a garage. No one was interested in what was in there all along, but if the Chief had brought us here, then there is something we need to know.

The garage door opened up to show a number of arms and weapons. Guns, canons, bullets, knives and many more. They were modern equipments as well as old ones. It seemed like they have been preserving this all along.

"Are we going to fight with these?" asked Taeyong who had started examining the things.

"You might need it to fight the Creeks. They carry such weapons too. We always need to be a step ahead of them." said the Chief.

"How will we use them when we will be using our powers?" Jaehyun asked, who had followed Taeyong and started looking through the whole of the Canon.

"Telekinetics and Technopaths" (Y/N) had stepped forward.

"True! They would be using these weapons with the help of their powers." the Chief said,smiling widely.

"Alright Students. These weapons would be out in the forest, that is your battlefield, by tomorrow. Do you best!! Show them what superhumans are." the Chief somehow knew we would make it out in the first battle. He then left us in the garage to probably meet Mr.X. I was still curious why he hadn't shown up to break the news.

"Everyone can go take some rest. We have practiced enough and I don't want you all to get tired by practicing today. Let's do this." Taeyong said with a big smile and everyone nodded in agreement.

"I'll meet you tomorrow." I heard (Y/N)'s voice behind me. I turned around to look at her smiling at me, but I knew there was a lot hidden behind that smile. After all there are chances she might die tomorrow.

But I need to protect her.

Let's meet every day. That's what I wanted to reply. But I didn't.

"Sure! Let's meet tomorrow." I said flashing her a smile. She then walked away with her friends.

I knew she doesn't feel the same as me. Her actions yesterday were everything that asked me to put a stop to my feelings. But I cared. Right from the moment we fought at the rooftop, I cared. Even when I told her about my feelings, I already knew her response. But somehow I wanted to let her know how I feel. I thought of overcoming these feelings but I couldn't. Because I always hoped. Maybe she would feel the same for me too in the future.

But these thoughts weren't helping. And I knew I have to overcome these feelings.

Because at the end, it would only be me who has feelings for her.

Because at the end it would always be 'me' instead of 'us.'

Because at the end, if we win the battle, it would only be me who would make it out alive.

________________

(A/N)'s note:

Let's wait for the battle!!

I was wondering if I could release few chapters regarding the superhumans and their respective powers, before the battle starts.

Pls let me know your suggestions :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 10.2K 50
A runaway lab experiment with super powers, one of the biggest gangs in Seoul, and a cute romance. **mentions of blood and puke, as well as swearing**
89.3K 5.1K 50
Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. In a room full of familiar people, some stil...
103K 6.3K 71
You'd think a school would like to discipline their students when they get into a fight, but nope. Instead of detention or suspension, the principle...
1K 17 23
A story where a girl wakes up one day discovering she has powers, and a group of boys takes her under their wing to make sure she stays safe. But is...