Overlooked Fate ~ Sequel

By xXMarinaDeSantisXx

THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO "OVERLOOKED LOVE" SO IF YOU HAVE NOT READ "OVERLOOKED LOVE" THEN DON'T READ THIS!!! How... More

Chapter 1 ~ No Control
Chapter 2 ~ Playful Love
Chapter 3 ~ The Suspicion
Chapter 4 ~ Taken
Chapter 5 ~ The Mystery Boy
Chapter 6 ~ The Plan to Split
Chapter 7 ~ Stuck
Chapter 8 ~ Take Off
Chapter 9 ~ Covered Lies
Chapter 10 ~ Crashed
Chapter 11 ~ Train Ride
Chapter 12 ~ Choppy Choppy
Chapter 13 ~ Meeting the Others
Chapter 14 ~ The Song House
Chapter 15 ~ Arrived
Chapter 16 ~ Candy Robber
Chapter 17 ~ Attempt
Chapter 18 ~ The Marketplace
Chapter 19 ~ The Chase
Chapter 20 ~ The Search
Chapter 21 ~ Reset
Chapter 22 ~ Official
Chapter 23 ~ Bandaged Up
Chapter 24 ~ Found
Chapter 25 ~ Invading
Chapter 26 ~ RUN!
Chapter 27 ~ Locked Out
Chapter 28 ~ Game On
Chapter 30 ~ Bank Robbery
Chapter 31 ~ Hidden
Chapter 32 ~ The Temptation
Chapter 33 ~ Oppertunity
Chapter 34 ~ Once
Chapter 35 ~ Hope
Chapter 36 ~ Ruined
Chapter 37 ~ Last Straw
Chapter 38 ~ The Move
Chapter 39 ~ Warning
Chapter 40 ~ The Plan
Chapter 41 ~ Truth
Chapter 42 ~ The Cave
Chapter 43 ~ Caught
Chapter 44 ~ The Confrontation
Chapter 45 ~ Secret
Chapter 46 ~ Poor Escape
Chapter 47 ~ Far Away
Chapter 48 ~ Done and Free
Chapter 49 ~ The Fight
Chapter 50 ~ Cleared Up
Chapter 51 ~ Promise
Chapter 52 ~ Creepy
Chapter 53 ~ Exposed

Chapter 29 ~ The Delivery

813 39 372
By xXMarinaDeSantisXx

HEY GUYS IM BACK!!!! Thank you guys so much for being so patient with me! It feels like forever since I last updated.

Well here I am ya rats! So as usual, updating schedule will be every other day and I have a lot in store for this sequel but I don't want it to last as long as the last one so it will definitely be cut a lot shorter.

Just watch it end up being 150 chapters 💀

ANYWAYS-

So if you need a refresher as to where we are at in the story, you might want to reread or just wing it and continue from here.

Anyways, onto the story!

Sophie's P.O.V

Sophie felt an ice cold liquid splash across her face causing her to awake with a shriek. Her hair was drenched as she look up to see Carter standing beside her bed with a grin.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Sophie yelled, pulling out the dagger from her pocket and aiming it at his neck.

Yes, it was perfectly normal for them to be this violent.

Carter snickered and backed away with his arms up in surrender. "Woah, let's settle down now."

Sophie groaned and laid back. "Why would you do that— hold on, what time is it?!"

"Five in the morning," Pheonix called from her bathroom.

"Ugh, you're here too?" Sophie asked. At this point, Sophie wasn't surprised. It had been a month since she committed to the Neverseen and Pheonix and Carter were usually bugging her in the morning.

Carter may have seemed real sweet and quiet when she first met him, but now that they knew each other better, Sophie learned that he was a real punk.

Ignoring Sophie's question, Pheonix stuck her head out and lifted up a red tank top with ripped black shorts. "You're wearing this."

Old Sophie would have laughed in her face but this was normal for the current Sophie to wear.

The new Sophie, as Zach constantly told her.

"Leave the styling to Jay," Sophie said, hopping off her bed and giving Carter a hard shove.

"This is what Jay told me to tell you to wear," Pheonix replied, adjusting the choker on her neck.

"What are we doing today?" Sophie asked, shoving Pheonix out of the bathroom as she started to change.

"Uh pretty sure we're gonna rob a bank," Pheonix replied.

"Seriously?" Sophie asked.

"Yup, I even got the cool black ninja outfits we can wear," Carter added.

Sophie stared at herself in the mirror and wore a sad smile. The mention of ninja brought her distant memories of the DNM and everything she had to leave behind.

But that was the past, she wasn't going back.

"I'm ready," she said, finishing the tight ponytail she fixed up.

She made her way out of the bathroom and the three of them walked out of her room only to find Zach waiting right outside.

"What are you guys up too?" Zach pried, placing a hand on Sophie's arm.

"Dude," Carter scoffed, slapping Zach's hand off of her.

"It's okay," Sophie exclaimed quickly, before a fight started up.

Carter glanced at her from the side, obvious he wasn't happy with Zach.

Ever since she had officially met Carter when he bandaged her up, he seemed to have a strange protectiveness over her.

"Zach, you're not coming with us
today— Mai's orders. She wants you to help Hunter fix up some weapons," Pheonix said, cutting Sophie off from her thoughts.

Zach glared at all of them before he stomped away like some grumpy spoiled teen.

"Mai also wants to see you Sophie," Pheonix added.

"Me?" Sophie asked, confused. Pheonix nodded.

She immediately left Pheonix and Carter to go find Mai, knowing it was best to listen.

By now, Sophie knew how to get around most of the hideout. Now, she was heading to Mai's office.

Of course, she found the prideful lady waiting for her arrival in the black leather office chair.

"I was called?"

"Yes, I need you to make a delivery for me," Mai requested, lifting up an envelope.

Sophie grabbed it from her and examined it. "To who?"

"Ace," Mai replied.

"Uh, isn't he like upstairs in his office or something? Why can't you deliver it?" Sophie questioned.

Mai clicked her tongue. "Don't make this difficult. I have my reasons."

Sophie internally groaned, blaming it on this lady's laziness. She then put up a fake smile as she made her way towards Ace's office.

Sophie had actually never been to his office. She had just seen him mysteriously sneak into it several times and she never dared to follow.

Ace gave her the creeps.

As Sophie walked down a dark hall to reach his office, she found herself glancing at the envelope several times.

What was it about?

Sophie felt tempted to tear it apart to read what was inside but she wouldn't be able to seal it back up.

Sophie looked back at it and was surprised to see that it wasn't even sealed.

Her eyes darted around to make sure no one was near before she carefully lifted the flap and peaked inside.

There were a couple of things. There was some packet filled with some strange dusty powder and a note that read:

To Ace,

Make sure the packet doesn't leave your sight. And don't worry, we'll find him soon and he'll be all yours.
                   - Mai

Sophie narrowed her eyes and stared back at the packet.

What was so important about it?

And who was him? Who did Ace want to find?

Sophie felt confused and stored the little bit of information in the back of her mind while she carefully put everything back in the envelope.

She realized that there were quite a few things that Mai and some of the others were hiding but at this point, she wasn't surprised. She had only been with them for a month so it wasn't like they were going to spill all their secrets to her.

This would just mean that Sophie would have to run a little investigation of her own.

She then rushed to the end of the hall, sure the others were waiting for her.

Once she reached Ace's office, she popped her head in and found Ace staring intently at some weird objects laid across his desk.

"Ah, Sophie," Ace spoke, sensing her presence without even looking up

Sophie gulped and walked towards him. "Mai wanted me to give you this letter."

Ace slowly looked up and played with a pair of dice in his hands. Once Sophie handed it to him, he examined it and said, "hmm typical of Mai to leave it unsealed. You should always seal it because you never know if it lands in the wrong hands."

He then locked eyes with Sophie and she nevously gulped.

SHOOT! Did he know she looked?!

If he suspected anything, he didn't say. "Well? What are you still doing here?" He asked when she continued to stand there.

"Oh— um sorry," Sophie mumbled, snapping out of it.

"You have a question," he guessed.

"No, well okay maybe yes," Sophie stuttered. He waited and she nervously asked, "I'm just curious...why are you here— like with the Neverseen?"

Sophie felt this was a risky question that she would probably get no answer to. She just couldn't help it, especially after reading that note.

He waited a few seconds and then put the envelope to the side and said, "pick a number."

"Um six?" Sophie said, confused. Ace then handed her the dice, motioning for her to roll them. She did and they landed on six.

Sophie narrowed her eyes. "That's just a coincidence."

"Pick another number," Ace said.

She picked two and sure enough, when she rolled them they landed on two. "How did you—"

"Now I'm going to pick a number for you," he interrupted.

"Five," he said. He then rolled the dice and they landed on three.

"It didn't land on five," she said, stating the obvious.

"Yes, that's because I picked the number for you. When you want something, you got to pick your path yourself in order to land on the right number. When someone else picks your number, you won't end up in the right path," Ace explained.

"Is that supposed to be something metaphorical?" Sophie asked, confused.

"It's what you make it to be. You asked why I'm here, I'm here because I want something and I'm doing what I need to do to get it."

Sophie hated how he was being so vague. She wondered what exactly he was after.

Jay had seemed pretty innocent after expplainibg her story as to how she got stuck with the Neverseen but Sophie could just tell their was a darker truth behind Ace's.

Something to do with finding someone. A him.

"Keep the dice," Ace finished.

Confused, Sophie stuffed the dice and quickly left the room. That encounter right there explained why Sophie tried her best to avoid Ace.

But now that she was so curious about his reason for being here, she might have to start getting closer to him.

She decided not to worry about that at the moment.

Now, she had a bank to rob.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 62.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
514K 14.7K 107
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
428K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
175K 3.6K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...