The 5th Ackermann

נכתב על ידי Fluffy_Sword

(AOT/SNK boys x reader) Y/n Ackermann. A young girl who lives in the deadly underground with nothing but a... עוד

Author's Note not required but encouraged
1-The Underground
2- Converse
3- Recuperation
4- What Are Handles?
5- The Newcomer's Test
6-Camaraderie
7-The Promises of Birds
8- Silly, Kid
9-Arms, Prizes, and Memories
10-Monster!!!
11- Another Promise and La~
12- An Offer for Freedom
13- That Egoistical Squad Leader
14-Pursuit and Getting Captured!
15- Cake
16-The First Day
17- Proof
18- Live
19-Convince!
20- Depart!
21-Break
22-Hanji
23- A New Sound Wave and Downpour
24- Splitting Up and the Result
25-Duo
26- Jaeger!
27- The Fall
28- Caught
29- The Operation to Retake Wall Maria
30- Meeting Some Brats
31- Checkup
32- The Emerged Soldier
33- More Brats?
34- ODM Assessment
35- A...Cook-off?
36- Annie's Techinique
37- A Camp!
38- Another Wall Down!
39- Being Grounded (not a oneshot, actual chapter)
40- The Hearing
41- Existence of an Insider
42- Bite
43- Detection of the Two
44- Losers
45- The Female Titan's Identity
46- Hole in the Wall
47- The Secret Vessel
48- Abducted!
49- The Two
50- Redemption
51- Titan
52- An Unlikely Alliance
53- Homicide
54- Battle
55- Frenetic Frenzy
56- Crowned
57- The Latest Hope
58- Pre-Battle
59- Foray in Shiganshina
60- Offer All
61- The Grave Choice
62- The World
63- Dreams End
65- Undercover
66- Warriors
67- Vain
68- Front Lines
69- In Her Stead
70- How Much More?
71- "Filthy" Diversity
72- Competition
73- Jamboree!
74- Incursion
75- Comeuppance
76- Consternation
77- Negligence
78- Tit for Tat
79- Chew the Fat
80- The Big Kick Off
81- Cataclysm
82- Recrudesce
83- Tense Rapprochement
84- Jolly Reminiscence!
85- Nightmare
86- Construction
87- Ambition
88- Let's Just Talk
Quick Important Note, My Readers
89- Finale
Tea of Dreams Open for Business!
Armin Ending!
Jean Ending!
Reiner Ending!
Bertholdt Ending!
Zeke Ending!
Moblit Ending!
Eren Ending!

64- 852-853

7.5K 263 729
נכתב על ידי Fluffy_Sword

Written: 3/25/21

Published: 5/17/21

(Naturally, this chapter is long)

Y/n and the rest of the corps were in hiding. It was dark outside as the ocean waves washed over the shore. The area smelled of ocean spray. The 104th were armed and ready to shoot at the Marley soldiers. Eren was hiding in the ocean, sabotaging any ships that came. They had already captured several Marleyeans from ships. One in particular was a cook their age. They took him hostage and pointed a sword against his back. Hanji wrote a "convincing" script for him to read. Suddenly, Eren was approaching them, holding a large ship over his head. He set the boat down very carelessly, a crash echoing throughout the shore.

That was Hanji's cue. She ran up to a cliff and spread her arms out. "Hello, ladies and gentlemen of Marley!" She yelled. "Welcome to the island of Paradis!! I am Hanji!! I'm here to receive our distinguished guests who've come here from oh-so-far across the sea! Your long voyage must have left you tired! Come, why not join us for a cup of tea!"

Y/n and Levi held the cook who they learned to be Niccolo. Hanji came beside them. "If you were wondering about this guest here who arrived just a bit before you..!!! We're already getting along great!! Isn't that right, Niccolo?!"

Niccolo winced as Y/n slowly pushed her blade into the male's back. "Come on, Niccolo. Follow the script, would you?" She whispered.

"CAPTAIN!!" He yelled. "Don't mind me! Just shoot these devils!"

"He's clearly not interested in playing along with the stupid skit." Levi said.

The assumed captain starting yelling at them. "Listen up, you devils!! Marley isn't interesting inhering from anyone with defiled blood equal to pigs!! What makes you think we'd ever sip pig's piss with you defiled pigs?!"

"That was a lot of pigs..." Y/n whispered.

"Aww!!!" Hanji replied. "Are you sure?! Do you realllyyyyyyyyy want to insult us like that!? Don't tell me you can't see the titan behind you! I'd love to hear exactly how you plan on getting away form this place!"

The Marley captain showed hesitance as he looked up at Eren in his titan form. It looked very threatening. He aimed his gun at the group of scouts. "We will not bend to the power of devils!!" He yelled. "This is all that Marley has to say to you!!"

"Hanji! Move!" Y/n cried.

BANG!

Y/n and Hanji were ducked behind a rock. Y/n had tackled the scientist in case the man decided to shoot at them. When Y/n looked around and saw that neither Hanji, herself, nor any other Eldian had been shot, she peeked over the rock. There was a person who had a strange looking gun pointed at the captain who had a bullet in his head.

"What're you doing, Yelena?" A soldier asked surprisedly.

"Yelena" whipped around and aimed his gun at him. (Yes. Yelena is now a boy.) "Put down your weapons." He ordered.

A darker skinned male put his gun to the soldier's head. "Do as he says." He ordered as the man winced. Hanji and the others had told them to dump the guns into the sea.

Yelena came to the front of the ship. He took his hat off, giving Y/n a clear sight of his physical features. He had a bowl cut and was fairly tall. He had big eyes and looked fairly fit. Despite all this, Y/n still couldn't tell what gender Yelena was. Would it be rude to ask? She wondered. Is it some huge dishonor to ask in Marley? He spread his arms out slightly. "Hanji. I'm honored to receive your invitation. Why don't we have some tea." He looked up at the titan "I've been wanting to meet you, Eren..." His attention was turned back to the group. He saw the female captain peeking over the rock. His eyes widened. Is that the female captain Commander Zeke had talked so highly about? She's beautiful...

Y/n ordered Eren to bring their ship closer to land. The Marley soldiers walked off the ship at gunpoint. The majority of them were taken to tents to be under surveillance.

Hanji, Yelena, Levi, Y/n, and another male had gone into a tent alone. The other male was the dark skinned who they had learned to be named Onyankopon. The two had presented much Marley information to the Eldians including weapons, governments and the society.

Hanji held one of the guns that were given to them. Y/n leaned over to observe it. Y/n was kind of an engineer, after all. Here are new mechanics to learn.

"Huh... I see." Hanji said. "So you can shoot multiple times like this."

Yelena nodded as he took a sip of his tea, made by, yours truly. "That's Marleyean soldier's standard equipment. Each of the army's divisions consists of about 20,000 soldiers. With 50 divisions in total, that comes out to about 1,000,000 soldiers." Yelena inwardly smiled at how delicious the tea was. This girl sure knows how to make a good cup of tea. He was tempted to take a glance at Y/n, but he felt Levi's heavy gaze on him. "Then add the three fleets consisting of 21 battleships to the army's numbers. They've also seen incredible progress made with new weapons and are putting efforts into aerial military capabilities."

Hanji shook with excitement. "Aerial?" She muttered.

"In the air..?" Y/n asked, a gleeful smile on her face.

Levi kneed them with his foot. His face told his words. Stop acting so excited and confused. They'll just look down on us.

I know that!! Hanji psychically told.

Y/n rolled her eyes. Calm down, Big Bro. This is interesting.

"In other words, mobile weapons that can go beyond seas and walls, allowing the enemy to appear from the sky." Onyankopon added.

Hanji slammed her hands on the table and stood up. "THE SKY?!?!?!??!" She screamed.

"Oi." Levi groaned.

"Sorry..." The scientist said.

      Y/n cleared her throat as she sat down. "If Marley has all that good stuff... why has a year passed and they haven't launched an invincible attack on us?"

"Well, two main reasons." Yelena told. Well... there is a side reason, too. "The pure titans they unleashed here to continue to make it difficult for them to make landfall, even with he latest and greatest weapons. While originally it was meant to confine the Eldians inside the walls, now it protects them from an advancing Marleyean army, ironically enough." The side reason is Commander Zeke was hesitant over the fact that the soldier who goes by 'Captain Y/n' remained here... He's been putting it off discreetly to the superiors.

"Yeah... Seems that way." Levi said. "Funny."

"But... Day is about to break." Yelena reminded. "The titans should be active again soon. But if we're able to sit back here beyond the walls and sip on our tea... You must've killed all the titans on the island. Is that what happened?"

"What if we did?" Y/n asked. "Would ya try to let Marley know?"

"No." Yelena said. "It's amazing. I'm stunned." Did you do a lot of that, Y/n?

"What's the second reason?" Hanji asked.

"It's because Marley has now entered into a war with multiple countries from the allied forces. They've got bigger things to worry about, in other words. But you know it's because of you that this war started in the first place. The Armored Titan. The Beast Titan. You routed the warrior unit, the pride of Marley. You stole some of their key weapons. The Colossal Titan. The Female Titan."

Y/n coughed in awkwardness. Actually, the female titan is basically trapped in our basement...

"Marley is a nation with many enemies. Other countries came together in the blink of an eye and then the war began."

"So that means your group isn't loyal to Marley." Hanji deduced. "You have a grudge against it. You infiltrated the army to act as something like sleeper agents. Am I right?" When the two males stared at her in awe, Hanji grinned broadly. "Whoa... I was right?! If you're willing to betray Marley, you must have pretty powerful motivations and backers."

Yelena shook his head. "No... calling us sleeper agents would be an overstatement. We're nearly powerless. Our native lands were hatched up by Marley and we were conscripted as soldiers. We were on our way to losing any will to oppose such great power. Until he guided us... A titan known and feared by the world as a devil. But he looked like something else entirely to me. A god. He took us when we were powerless and shoed us hope. We shot our officers upon orders from Zeke Jaeger. We are the Anti-Marleyean volunteers. Our goal... is to free the Eldian people."

There was a moment of silence as the Eldians took in the information just divulged to them. Levi stood up. "Well a great help this was." He turned to his sister and the scientist. "We should report this."

Hanji nodded as she stood up. Y/n followed their actions. Levi and Hanji walked out. Y/n was about to exit, when, "Captain Y/n, was it?" Yelena asked. "I've heard a lot about you."

Y/n turned around. "Yeah..." She said as she nodded.

"Could you... sit down for a moment?" Yelena requested. Y/n's mouth straightened as she hesitantly sat back down. "Don't worry, I won't keep you long from your brother." Y/n's brows raised. How did he know- Yelena smiled. "You two look alike. Also, Chief Zeke described you two in... very fine detail."

Y/n smirked. "I bet he did..."

Yelena and Onyankopon cringed a bit. Y/n's face alone intimidated them. "Indeed..." Yelena uncomfortably said. "I was just wondering... what do you think about the world's situation?"

"What do you mean?" Y/n questioned.

"How would you like to see this world's quarrels resolved?"

Onyankopon looks at Yelena with a brow raised. "What are you..?" He started unsurely. The bowl-cut male glanced at him to shut him up for a moment.

"I'm sure if the countries stopped with the guns and war, we could figure something out." Y/n answered. "That's a bit of a childish hope, though."

Yelena showed no reaction. It may be childish, but it suits you wonderfully. Perhaps in some way we can...

     "Um..?" Y/n uttered.

Onyankopon put his arm in front of Yelena. "Sorry about him, he can be a bit strange sometimes."

Y/n's face brightened, much to the two's confusion. She unconsciously pointed a finger at Yelena. "SO YOU'RE A BOY!" She exclaimed. The two looked at her with open mouths. Onyankopon stifled a laugh. Y/n then figured her blunder. "Ah, pardon for my rudeness."

"Y/n." Levi's voice called from outside the tent.

"Right." Y/n replied as she stood up to exit.

"The tea you made was excellent." Yelena added.

Y/n eyed Yelena closely before exiting and joining Levi and Hanji. They ordered the 104th to mount their horses. They would be reporting the new information to Zacklay, Historia, and other officials.

Meanwhile, Yelena and Onyankopon sat in silence in the tent. The darker skinned male turned to the blond. "So you really like her?"

Yelena slowly nodded. "She's more amazing than Zeke came close to describing. You could call it........ Love at first tale."

"That's not a thing."

"It is now."

~~~~~

"Zeke Jaeger's requests are as follows." Hanji announced to officials. "Accept him onto the island of Paradis for the remainder of the time he has left. Introduce him to the soldier who possesses the founding titan... HIs hand brother, Eren Jaeger. In return, he will guarantee Paradis' safety. He will provide us with the latest technology, including weapons. He will act as a mediator between us and friendly nations, which he states exist. Finally, he will provide support to intelligence activities targeting Marley. This is all done in order to rescue the Eldian people, whose existence is now threatened, and-"

"Absolutely not!" An MP interrupted. "Who would ever agree to such a ridiculous offer?! We're dealing with the Beast Titan here!! He turned the people of Ragako into titans! He spread terror throughout the walls! He's the man most responsible for slaughtering the survey corps to near-extinction! Now he's trying to say all of that?!"

"How shameless can he be?"

"Their one and only goal is to retake the Founding Titan." Zacklay said. "They haven't been able to do it by force, so now they're trying to coax it out of us with their words and actions. It seems all but obvious."

"Our enemies must realize that as well." Pyxis spoke. "Why don't we hear what their leader has to say?"

"To continue..." Hanji said. "According to Zeke, there is still a secret plan that an be carried out... that will solve all of the Eldian people's problems at once. However, in order to carry out that plan, he needs the Founding Titan and a titan with royal blood. The world can be saved if we have those two things. However, he can only reveal his secret plan after these conditions are met."

"I've heard enough." An MP groaned. "It seems like he truly thinks of us as fools..."

A creak of chair sliding against wood erupted. Heads turned to see Jaeger standing. "It's true." Eren said. "I remember now. The one time I was able to activate the powers of the Founding Titan... was in the moment when I touched a titan with royal blood. That titan had the same face as someone in a photo my father left me. I'm certain that was Dina Fritz. By pure coincidence, I came in contact with Dina Fritz that day as she wandered the land as a pure titan, letting me escape from a dangerous situation. As Dina's son, Zeke must have figured it out. How to get around the vow renouncing all war. How to activate the one hope left to us Eldians. The way to rumble the world using the thousands of titans sleeping inside the walls... to crush everything underfoot."

The room went silent.

"Eren..." Armin whispered.

"You..." Levi glared. "Why did you keep quiet about that this whole time?"

"Because I was concerned about Historia. I couldn't allow her to become a titan based on only my own uncertain information. That's what I thought." Y/n tched. That's not for you to decide. "I will admit that it was a thoughtless decision."

"We'll talk about this more later." Y/n said.

"But if that's really true, then..." Hanji put a hand to her head. "Zeke's secret plan makes sense, too."

"Are you insane?" Dok asked. "You're going to trust them?"

"That's right!" Another MP chimed. "Who knows what'll happen if we let all of those enemy soldiers onto the island!"

"We ought to string them up and behead them all!"

"No, we can't do that." Y/n spoke. "If we want to protect this island from Marley's survey boats... we need the volunteers to cooperate with us. Yelena and the others can be a use to us. He can contact them through his wireless communication."

~~~~~

So, here they were, using Yelena's magical communication. Yelena was baiting Marley ships to come in close to the land. Armin was sneakily stranded on a small boat in the center. Once the boats came into range of Yelena and Onyankopon's small boat, Armin transformed. Onyankopon and some other volunteers shouted at them to abandon ship. The humans flooded into the sea to escape death by scorching. Once the soldiers finally swam to shore, Y/n and Levi pointed guns at them.

"Welcome to our filthy island, home to defiled devils." Levi 'politely' introduced. "We'll make you feel right at home. So long as you like pig piss."

"Feel free to turn us down..." Y/n said with a sinister grin. "...but you won't get landing permission. Sorry. Just swim home."

Those soldiers were taken hostage and put in jail cells. Y/n wondered if the prison was overflowing with Marley blood. Meanwhile, the 104th, Floch, Hanji, Levi, Y/n, and some volunteers stood in a tent, surrounding a table.

Onyankopon set a large piece of paper on top. Y/n set small rocks on the ends to prevent the paper from rolling back up. The contents on the paper was a diagram of some sort.

"We'll start by making the thing this island needs the most." Onyankopon said. "This is called a 'port'."

"Of course... A port." Connie grinned obliviously. "The kids'll love that."

"It's not a toy." Jean said with a blush. "Is it gonna have a mixed bath, too?"

"It's not a hot spring, you stupid perv." Sasha said as she drooled. "This thing is tasty, right?"

"It's not something you eat..." Onyankopon sighed. "It's-"

"This must be a place where ships can safely lower anchor!!" Hanji exclaimed excitedly, to Onyankopon's surprise.

"Oh, I see." Y/n spoke. "We can use the captured ships to trade with people across the sea!" She grinned.

"Exactly, you two!" The dark-skinned male man said happily. "This is a place that will connect you to the world!"

Hanji tilted her head at him. "That's amazing, Onyankopon!" She complimented.

"Where will the kids play?" Connie asked disappointedly.

"Baths are important, too." Jean frowned.

"By the way, Onyankopon." Sasha spoke. "Why is your skin so dark?" She asked curiously.

"Our creator had a thought." The dark-skinned man told. He put his hand to his chin. "Wouldn't it be interesting if there were more kinds of people in the world? The same goes for the Subjects of Ymir, who can turn into titans. All of us exist because someone meant for us to exist."

"Then who made us?" Armin wondered aloud.

"The one who gave power to Ymir, the founder." Onyankopon answered. "In other words, a god. That's what some people think. We're all free to think as we like, no?"

"So are there like... blue people out in the world?" Y/n asked.

Onyankopon chuckled as he shook his head. "No."

(Just a note, there actually is. There was a family in Kentucky that suffered from methemoglobinemia that caused their skin to be blue. However, as some of their offspring aged, they lost their blue color and turned back to tan or whatever. I encourage you to look it up! It's quite fascinating.)

The next day, the 104th and Captain Y/n were standing around a table on the rocks near the sea. Other soldiers were hauling rocks, beams, and other building supplies. They were building the port based on the blueprints cleverly drawn by Onyankopon and a few others. The scouts were in comfortable clothing. The military uniform was extremely hot, especially in the hot sun. Y/n wore a short sleeved black shirt with a long sleeved white shirt underneath. She wore knee-length brown shorts. (Sorry, my sense of style is so modest and bleh.) On the table before them was unfamiliar cuisine. The creator of the food stood a few steps away, stirring something in a pot. Yelena stood beside Y/n as everyone stared at the food in caution.

"What is this food...?" Connie wondered aloud.

"Is this stuff edible?" Jean asked.

"Is that a bone?" Armin asked.

"Looks weird." Mikasa said.

"Totally different from the field rations, eh?" Connie said.

"What is that smell?" Y/n asked, scrunching her nose.

"Is this your first time having seafood?" Yelena asked. "Niccolo is a master of Marleyean cooking."

"Ugh... Why do I have to..." Niccolo grunted in annoyance. "You Eldians are free to not eat it." His mouth twisted. "Why should I want any of you to-"

Suddenly, Sasha face-planted into a red, steaming animal. Peach colored meat stemmed from her mouth. She let out a war cry as she took a large bite out of it, no silverware of any sort needed.

"HEY!" Connie exclaimed.

"NO FAIR, SASHA!" Jean screamed.

"Wait, Sasha! I want some too!" Y/n cried. I'm always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to food! This time, Levi's not here to save me some! Ah. Whatever. Big Bro could live on tea for his life and be happy.

"Mister Niccolo!!" Sasha cried. She had a prominent blush on her face. Tears poured out. "You're a genius!!"

Y/n glanced at the Marleyean cook who also had a prominent blush on his cheeks. He grabbed some plates with squiggly things and red sauce on it. The other plate looked like it had dead snails that were grilled on it. "L-Learn some manners!"

"I've never had something like this before..." Sasha said.

"Sasha, if you love it, at least smile." Y/n laughed. "Crying makes me think you hate it."

"These are tears of joy, Captain Y/n!" Sasha told.

Y/n stood awkwardly, not knowing what food to get. She was a bit cautious. Maybe it was trauma. She heard Yelena chuckle from behind her. She turned to look at the male. "W-What?!" She embarrassedly questioned.

Yelena bent down and observed the food. He pointed at a plate. "I would try that. It's called (Favorite seafood). It's quite delicious."

(What's your favorite seafood? I haven't tried much, but so far, mine is wild-caught salmon. Add some lemon to that... Do you guys have any seafood recommendations?)

Y/n took a bite of (Fave Seafood). Her eyes widened. "THIS IS AMAZING!!" She yelled with a full mouth. The female captain jolted forward and her hand came flying to her mouth as food almost came out as she talked. She swallowed the food in her mouth and was eager to take another bite.

"There's still some left, you don't need to rush!" Niccolo assured for good reason. Everyone was ravenously chowing down.

"NICCOLO!" Y/n screamed.

The cook flinched, almost dropping the plates of food. "Y-Yes?!" He set down the food carefully on the table. The contents on the plate were immediately snatched by Sasha.

Y/n pointed at him whilst holding a piece of (Fave seafood). "YOU GOTTA TEACH ME TO COOK LIKE THIS!"

"This is as amazing as my mother's omelette..." Jean muttered. He whipped his head at the cook. "Seriously, you gotta teach us! This is amazing!"

Niccolo shyly turned around and hid his face. "W-What was that, E-Eldian..? You think I'd...? Well, maybe..."

Y/n and Jean high-fived.

~~~~~

Y/n frowned. Marleyean engineers had been taken into a room along with the dark-skinned volunteer, Hanji, the 104th, and Y/n.

A man with puffy hair and a round head held his creation close to him. It was a a few blocks connected to each other with wheels. "I want to know what that is..." Y/n pouted.

"Hey, isn't it around lunchtime?" Hanji asked.

Armin came in with a tray of food and drinks. The blond distributed it to the engineers. "Try the juice." Connie grinned. "I can't get enough of it sometimes."

The man took the jar and sipped it. Content was visible on his face. Y/n asked his name. "...It's Uwe." He answered.

Y/n eyed the composite shape in his hands. Man... I really wish he would show us what that is... It looks cool... Is it some sort of machine that helps us do things? Do we eat it? Maybe it's (Fave seafood)...

"Ahem..." Uwe spoke. "Would you like me to demonstrate?"

Y/n and Hanji frantically nodded. He and the other engineers pulled out some supplies. There were small pieces of wood laid out in a ladder formation on the table along with other toy-like things. Y/n gaped in awe and interest. Hanji was no better. The engineers looked at the two girls in amusement and... interest.

"The wheels on the... composite figure match with the indents on the track. It's also powered by an engine, moving it forward. This is just a scale of a train. Most trains have an engine on both ends so it can go two different ways. Some of the tracks can merge and change, opening the opportunity for national travel and transport."

"TRULY AMAZING!!" Hanji screeched.

"You guys are soooo smart!!" Y/n exclaimed.

"Y-You think so?" Uwe asked embarrassedly.

"Yeah!" Y/n jumped up and down. "Amazing!" (Think of Hinata or Nishinoya.)

Eldians aren't so bad. Perhaps they aren't the devils we were described to as.

~~~~~

BANG

Eren reloaded his rifle. Armin had covered his ears. "The port will be done soon." The blond said. "It's been moving along so fast ever since those Marleyean military engineers started helping."

(Just by the way... In this panel, I happened to come across this as Armin's face during that caption:)

(Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed a ton.)

"I'm surprised they agreed to." Mikasa commented.

"Sure, we were suspicious of each other at first, so things didn't go well then. But once time passed and we started looking at each other as people, not our titles... " He smiled in remembrance. "I think we can understand each other."

"That train thing is amazing..." Y/n said dreamily. "I wish we could've thought about that. Think about how much easier life would've been when we were still inside the walls!"

"Yeah!"

"Armin." Eren called. "Did you see anything in Bertholdt's memories?"

The blond frowned. "Oh... No. Nothing that seemed useful."

"We don't have time." Eren said. "Zeke's only got 3 years left to live."

"Yeah... about that..." Armin started. "Do you think it's okay for us to just go along with Yelena's plans like this?"

"Is there a problem?" Mikasa asked.

"I jsut wonder if the only way for us to protect the Endian people really is to threaten the world with that rumbling... It would truly be like a nightmare. The whole world would have to live in fear. Can't we talk before things get that bad? We can speak to Marley and others around the world once the port is done. If we just resolved our misunderstandings..."

"What do you mean by misunderstandings?" Eren questioned.

"You know... like people thinking we're scary."

"The world sees us as monsters that can turn into titans. Are they mistaken about that?"

"But..." Mikasa intervened. "We've been able to get along with some Marleyeans."

"How many?" Eren asked. "Most of those Marleyean soldiers are still glaring at us from inside the prison's walls."

"Well, if we just spent more time..." Mikasa suggested.

"Yeah... We need time." Armin said.

"Yes." Eren confirmed. "And to buy us that time... We'll make it so that they can't mess with us." He said as he fired his rifle into the target again.

Y/n frowned at Eren as she raised a brow. Eren... What are you thinking? This doesn't sound like you. Where's the sweet Eren I know? You've become so serious over just these past few months... Is something the matter? If you're worried about us... I can assure you. I won't die anytime soon and I absolutely won't let anyone die. So... Why don't you come back to us?

~~~~~

Yelena and Y/n were chatting. They sat in Y/n's office. Yelena was looking out the window while Y/n cleaned. "You know, Yelena..." Y/n started. The male's attention diverted to Y/n. "You have a girly name... Why is that?"

Yelena shrugged. "Dunno. I was just named it."

"It's kind of cool, though. It makes me think of... brightness." Y/n imagined. (That is the Russian meaning)

"That is an interesting idea." Yelena said.

Y/n eyed him closely. He had a black jacket on and black pants. Underneath, he wore a white T-shirt. "You know... No offense, but you could totally pull off a beard."

"Eh?" Yelena said, surprised.

"You could."

"Unfortunately, my genes won't allow that."

Y/n's mouth twisted. "Hmm... We could make you a fake one!"

"A fake one?"

"You know. Go around wearing a fake beard- is that weird?" Y/n froze.

Yelena shrugged. "I'd be up for it." He put his hand to his chin and ran it down his throat. "I think it may look dapper."

Y/n shrugged. "And then..! You could use it as some sneaky disguise!" She smirked proudly. Y/n went to her desk and pulled a piece of paper and quill out. "What should it look like?"

"Blond, of course."

"Ah... right."

In the end, Y/n and Yelena had successfully created the fake beard. It had sticky contents on one side. Y/n put it on Yelena's face. "Looks cool." She said. They went around and showed it to people... Levi didn't like it.

~~~~~

Y/n was cooking with Niccolo. She presented the food she was adept in to the esteemed cook. She had her hands on her hips proudly. She smirked at the cook who tasted it. "Pretty good, huh?"

Niccolo raised his hand and shook it from side to side. "It could use some spices. They're only found in Marley, though. Fortunately, I brought some on the ship." He moved away from her to a couple of cargo boxes.

Y/n cringed a bit. Thank goodness we didn't tell Eren to chuck the boats into the sea.

Niccolo returned with eight mason jars in his arms. He held one out. "Here. Take a pinch and sprinkle it in the soup." He then handed her another. "Chop these and squeeze them into your stew as well." Another jar. "Take a spoon and drip this onto the omelette." Yet another jar. "Handful of this and rub it between your hands. Then drop it on the rice." Another jar. "Peel this and throw it in the pan. Wait a few minutes for it to cook. They should mix well as a side with the stew." Another jar. "Once those in the pan are done, sprinkle these on top." Another. "Pinch and sprinkle." He was about to hand her the final one.

"HOLD ON!" Y/n screamed. "MY GOODNESS." She attempted to lightly set the jars down on a nearby counter. She stumbled and fell forward. A pair of arms caught her by the waist. She held the jars tight to ensure they wouldn't slip out and shatter.

"Captain Ackermann. Please say you are doing something beneficial with your time."

Y/n rolled her eyes as she stood up. "Piss off." She set down the jars properly. "How about you, huh? What're you doing with your time?"

"Ensuring Humanity's Strongest doesn't die."

"As if I'd die like that, Floch!"

Floch looked taken aback. "Right..." He said. He strutted off with his head hanging low. He swung his fist at the air as he left.

Y/n's mouth twisted. "What's with him?" She had her hand on her hip as she ran her other hand through her hair.

"Not sure." Niccolo said. He took the final jar and sneakily slipped it between her arm and torso. "Boil those."

Y/n sighed. The captain followed his precise instructions. In the end, they had a good meal in front of them. It was delicious. Not as palatable as Niccolo, but he could tell Y/n had fantastic potential. As Y/n chewed her omelette, she looked at the cook. He seemed to be enjoying the food.

"So how are you with Sasha?" Y/n asked.

Niccolo choked. "Hmmpfh!" He punched his chest. Swallowing, he gasped for air. "W-What are you talking about....... Eldian?"

"Okay, screw the Eldian-Marleyean talk. We're both humans and that's the line." Y/n scoffed. "I was talking about you and her. You know." She took her fingers and intwined them. "I bet she'd love it if you, you know..."

"You think?"

"It's Sasha."

~~~~~

Y/n was helping build the dock. It was a very hot, sunny day. The clouds above quickly passed through the blue sky. The female captain was hauling several wooden beams for the base structure of one of the attachments to the dock. She walked towards Onyankopon.

"Hey, Onyankopon." Y/n called.

The dark-skinned man turned around and saw the captain. The captain who was carrying several wooden beams in each arm. He gaped as he took a step forward. "Captain Y/n?! Do you need any help?!"

Y/n shrugged with her mouth. "Meh, that's alright. I was just wondering where I should put these."

Onyankopon nodded and he guided to where a stack of beams sat. "Stack em' right there and that should be fine." He then left to get back to his work.

"Alright." Y/n said. She set them down on the hard ground beside others. She turned around and Jean, Connie, and Floch were carrying planks.

"Oh, hey Y/n." Jean greeted.

"What's up!" Connie grinned.

"Hello, Captain Ackermann." Floch said.

"Hey, guys." Y/n replied.

The three males set down the beams. Jean wiped his forehead. "I can't believe we're not building a hot spring..."

"I can't believe how people don't think of the children..." Connie said.

"You idiots." Floch said. "This'll be better than any hot spring or playground, you know that?"

"Yeah!" Y/n agreed. "Think! We could ride a boat on the sea!"

"But all of our boats are connected to things..." Connie said. "You know, like transporting people from Wall Maria or items from the capital."

"I'm sure there are more kinds of boats." Y/n said. "Not just those kinds or the war kinds Marley has tried to attack us with." She spotted Yelena walking past. "Yo! Yelena!" She called while waving her arm. "Come here!"

The blond bowl-cut male strolled towards the quartet. "What is it?"

"Are there like, leisurely boats? You know, boats to ride just for fun?"

"Yes."

Y/n jumped a bit in the air. "Cool!"

"Captain, you're getting a little ahead of yourself." Floch said.

"Oh right, I'm a captain..."

"I'm surprised people joined the survey corps knowing who's in it." Jean said. They looked at him in question. He put up his hand, raising his fingers as he spoke. "An ecstatic and hyper commander. A grim and crude captain. A strong and sometimes freaky leader."

"Huh?!" Y/n exclaimed.

He pointed to Connie. "An idiot." He pointed to Floch. "Jerk number one." He indicated a thumb to himself. "Jerk number two... I guess" He then put a hand to his chin. "A bookworm. A glutton. A suicidal blockhead. A dedicated protector of the blockhead. And, to top it off, a sleeping beauty."

"Jean..." Connie spoke. "...did you just call Y/n a sleeping beauty?"

Jean whipped his head at the shaved head male. "Huh? No! I was talking about Commander Erwin!"

"But you said a strong and sometimes freaky leader!" Connie argued.

"So? That was Captain Y/n!"

"But Erwin has had much more freaky ideas and plans than Y/n!" Connie reminded.

"But Connie, Y/n's not sleeping here, is she?" Floch told.

"Ah..."

Y/n shook her head. "You're all wrong. We're all idiots."

Yelena stood by and watched the situation in amusement. Eldians are hilarious. It's kind of a shame.

Y/n, Levi, Hanji, and countless other soldiers stood on the newly built dock. They faced the Marleyean volunteers. It had been a year since they had captured Yelena and the others. Yelena eyed Eren.

"I haven't seen you since you lifted our entire ship." Yelena mentioned. "I'm looking forward to working with you." He said, holding his hand out to shake.

Y/n stepped in front of Eren. "Sorry, but he's not going to have any contact with you after this, either. The most we're allowing is for you to see him." She informed."

"That's enough." Yelena accepted. "That makes today an auspicious day. It'll be the first day we welcome important foreign visitors since the port was completed."

They gathered in a bunch as a ship was coming into the dock. The new visitor went by the name Hizuru. The Paradis inhabitants were hoping the Hizuru clan would help Paradis make contact with other nations. Y/n wondered what they would look like. What they were like as people.

The large steel boat came to a halt as a slender metal bridge was set at an angle from the deck. A woman dressed nicely along with other bodyguards walked down. Historia greeted Hizuru.

Y/n stood beside Mikasa and Yelena. "The one nation on good terms with the island of Paradis... Hizuru. Their visiting ambassador for this trip is Kiyomi Azumabito. Her family has significant influence over the nation's diplomacy due to their strong historical ties with other countries. She's the family's head."

"She's..!" Mikasa whispered.

"Does her face resemble that of your mother's?" Yelena asked. "It's just like I told you. Mikasa. You and her are blood relatives."

~~~~~

The group was inside a room. Paradis invited the foreign newcomers to come inside. Several high ranking military officials attended as well. Kiyomi held a small banner. It was a circle with three swords forming an A.

"Do you recognize this family crest?" Kiyomi asked Mikasa.

Y/n glanced over and saw Mikasa holding her right wrist away from them. "That's..."

"Show her, Mikasa." Eren encouraged.

The asian girl turned to him. "But mom said to keep this a secret!" She argued.

"Huh? You showed it to me as a kid, didn't you?" Eren reminded. "That secret was probably meant to be kept so that today would come. Now..."

Y/n smirked. Oh? Mikasa showed Eren??? Ohh.......

Mikasa pulled down her sleeve on her right arm. It revealed the same crest on her skin. "This mark has been passed down through my dead mother's family. I was told give it to my own child as well."

Kiyomi slowly walked towards Mikasa. The woman took the teenager by the arms. "What... What a noble act..." She whispered. She looked up and let go of Mikasa. "About a hundred years ago, Hizuru was an ally of the Eldian empire. The son of our nation's shogun clan that the Azumabito family is descended from had a close relationship with the Fritz royal family and once stayed here on Paradis. Then, after the 'great titan war', Hizuru's standing was called into question as a nation that lost that war... then, during this confusion... Though I'm unsure of what exactly happened... a lost memento from that Shogun clan was left behind on this island. Then... a hundred off years passed since then and I have at last been able to meet you, the only one on this island with asian blood. You... are the descendent of our nation's lost lord. You are Hizuru's hope."

Hanji cleared her throat. "Um, would it be alright if we discussed this new information?"

"Of course. Take your time." Hizuru assured.

The Eldians flooded out of the room and surrounded Eren, Mikasa, Y/n, and Hanji. "If what Azumabito said is true, that makes you pretty powerful in Hizuru, right?"

"Don't ask me..." Mikasa replied.

"You're the last survivor of the most important bloodline there, aren't you?"

"I still don't get what a 'nation' is..."

"Anyway, if this lets us use Hizuru, do whatever it takes!"

"Wait! What if this is a trap?!"

"I really think we should ask Yelena..."

"No, that would be exactly what our enemies want!!"

The pigs outside are loud today... Y/n thought to herself.

"We're sure of one thing." Pyxis spoke over the clammer. Heads turned in his direction. "In this world connected by the seas... we are but a little, tottering child. Let's stay quiet and just listen for now. Come on. We can't embarrass ourselves by making our guest wait any longer."

The officials agreed and began walking back to the room. Y/n and Historia pulled Mikasa aside. Eren glanced their way. "Hey, Mikasa!" Historia exclaimed excitedly.

"Why'd you only show Eren that mark, huh?" Y/n smirked.

"Uh..."

"I mean, you never showed that bandage around your wrist anyway." Historia said. "Not even when undressing when we were cadets!"

"Oh yeah." Y/n said. "I wouldn't know because of Shadis."

"That's um..."

"You seem happy." Eren said, approaching them.

"That's because I am!" Historia told. She took Mikasa by the shoulders and grinned. "That means we've both had to carry a heavy weight with us because of our birth, right? I couldn't be in any more reliable company!"

Mikasa blushed.

"I'm happy for a different reason, uwahah..." Y/n told. Will they be more quiet like Mikasa or loud and reckless like Eren?

Y/n's daydreams were put to a halt when she sat down with the others. Kiyomi sat on the other side. "Simply having the opportunity to see that you are alive and healthy is enough to kill me gratitude. But going forward... please know this..."

"Okay." The jet-black haired girl replied bluntly.

"This is a historical day for both our nations. This day would never have come if not for the man who brought us together. We heard about the descendant of our shogun clan on Paradis... and met in secret with the source of that information, Zeke Jaeger."

Y/n clenched her fists under the table.

"I would like to tell you that we agreed to an arrangement. Given that he acted as an intermediary between us and you, Miss Mikasa. If we helped with his plan to return him to this island... we would gain an industry powerful enough to make our once-fallen nation bloom again into a great one. That was his proposal. It's not as if he'd even measured the reserves, though! However... If it was true, resources that would be truly valuable in this modernizing age sleep under this land." Y/n saw Kiyomi begin drooling. What the..? "Oh, but of course this and our conglomerate's recent expansion have nothing to do with one another."

"Miss Kiyomi, please." A man said.

She wiped her mouth. "My goodness... how unseemly of me."

So I was just being used as an excuse? Mikasa wondered.

Yelena did say that negations would go well because the Azumabito are sensitive to the smell of money. Hanji remembered.

I suppose no one would risk coming to this island if not to make money, after all. Pyxis deduced.

So these guys are partnering with Zeke? Hm..... Anyone who works with him is wily and sly. I'll have to watch them. Y/n thought.

"So..? What exactly was this arrangement you made with Zeke Jaeger?" Historia questioned.

Kiyomi took a deep breath. "As you know, Zeke Jaeger claims to have a secret plan. Hizuru's mediation is necessary for this secret plan that will save Eldians along with the rest of the world. It is one of the three processes needed to protect this island by 'rumbling the world.' The first is the experimental usage of this rumbling. By revealing part of this strength, you will show the world its destructive potential. Next, is Hizuru's mediation. The goal will be to raise the military strength of this nation up to a global level that will mean it will no longer need this rumbling. Introducing the latest weapons to this island is not a difficult process in itself. However, establishing a modern army requires creating a firm base of national power. Education, economy, diplomacy... and population. This island is a hundred years removed from the rest of the world. It will not take one hundred years to make up for this gap. But will surely take at least fifty. In other words, the ability to rumble the world must be able to protect this island for fifty years. One with the founding titan... and one possessing a titan with royal blood must be continuously maintain. This is the third process. Zeke will pass down the Beast Titan to one with royal blood. The one with royal blood must use the remainder of their 13 years to bear as many children as possible."

There's no way we should just leave this problem to our kids. Y/n thought to herself. That would not be forgivable to me. To run away and let them deal with this issue... No way!

"Alright." Historia sighed. "I will agree to inherit the Beast Titan. So long as the rumbling is necessary to our continued existence."

"Historia..." Y/n spoke.

Eren stood up. "If it means we'll only be allowed to live, after having our walls broken, our land trampled, and our children bred and killed like livestock... I absolutely will not accept Zeke Jaeger's plan. It's dangerous to entrust our fate to the maintenance of this rumbling. Wouldn't it be the best course of action for us to use the time we have left to consider every option possible?"

"Yes..." Kiyomi agreed. "It is not time to rush a decision yet. We will continue to help mediate between you and Zeke Jaeger."

Y/n's mouth twisted. How about... we just go over to Marley, kidnap him, and have someone eat him? No questions asked? Tch. It can never just be simple.

One Year Later (In 854)

As the three years had passed since their first time at the sea, of course everyone had grown. Not just mentally, physically. Everyone began to grow their hair out and the like. Well, maybe not completely. Connie told Y/n he liked his cut quite a lot.

After the 104th had learned that Y/n helped Levi with his hair, they were... interested. Levi's cut was quite impressive. They asked for assistance from Y/n. Y/n cut Armin's hair shorter. Jean had grown his hair long, slightly to Y/n's disappointment.

"Eh? You don't like it?!" Jean asked nervously. He patted his hair. Unfortunately to Y/n, it was not wild and poof-y anymore.

Y/n frantically shook her head. "No, no! It's not that..." She reassured. "Well, maybe it is a little." Everyone had gathered around her. "But it's mostly that you all are getting older. You aren't the little brats in the cadet corps anymore... How old are you now?"

"Well....... eighteen..?" Connie said, unsurely.

"Connie, you got it wrong." Sasha sighed.

"Heh?! Really?!"

"No."

"Man, that makes Big Bro and I 21." Y/n groaned. "Man, I'm so old!"

"Actually, you look our age. You don't even look close to old." Armin said.

"He's right." Mikasa and Eren said.

"But that doesn't change the fact that I am!" Y/n argued.

"Don't worry, Y/n." Jean said, suddenly picking Y/n up in a hug. "You're still young to us!"

~~~~

Y/n, Connie, Sasha, Jean, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin were out in the sweltering heat, drying up from work. They were building tracks to cultivate the land. They had asked the Hizuru clan to help them build bonds and trade with other nations. The offer was currently pending.

"Hey... Is this really something that we need to be doing?" Connie asked, setting his wooden beams down.

"No... It's not..." Jean croaked out. Sweat ran down his face everywhere. There was absolutely no shade in sight. They wore hats, but eventually, it only contributed to the heat. Jean clicked his tongue in annoyance. "If that idiot didn't open his stupid mouth and say that we could train our bodies while developing the island..." Jean set his hammer down. "Well, it's true that we are just waiting for an answer from Hizuru now..."

Why was Captain Y/n here? Humanity's strongest? Well, Levi encouraged her to ride with him and not on her horse. He told her it would be fun to ride together. When, in actuality, it was so he could strand her with the 104th in the heat.

Y/n looked up. She was also hammering the nails in. The captain slung the hammer over her shoulder. Sasha had taken a barrel and began drinking straight from it. Armin was trying to stop her. The two ran and pursued each other. Eren continued to send the hammer crashing down on the steel. Mikasa was carrying several planks on each arm. Y/n chuckled.

Y/n took a step forward. "Hey, Sasha! I'll dry up if I don't get some of that water! Don't drink anymore!"

"B-But Captain Y/n!" She cried.

"I'm joking." Y/n said as she waved her hand. Sasha was a bit skeptic since Y/n held no facial indication of teasing. Y/n stepped next to Jean and Connie again.

"They're saying our chances are slim, right?" Connie asked. "What were we doing again..? Saying that Eldians have human rights too, or something..?"

"Or that we'll sell them resources." Jean added. "Either way, we're trying to open a dialogue with the world via Hizuru. If we can just become friendly with more nations and start this diplomatic relations stuff, we won't have to rely on using titans to rumble the world."

"Yeah." Y/n said. "If we do that, it means Historia won't have to suffer." Y/n commented. "We're just gonna have to grasp at any straws we can."

'Yeah..." Connie muttered.

Clop clop clop clop clop

Y/n turned around and saw Levi and Hanji on their horses riding towards them. Y/n threw her arms up. "Ah! Big Bro! You finally decided to come back! You're lucky I'm not a prune!" She pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Tch. She's not dead yet..." Levi mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that!" Y/n yelled at him.

The two dismounted and walked up to them. "Good work out here in the heat." Hanji complimented.

"Next time, have us work in the sea or somewhere nice." Y/n complained.

Jean took off his hat and ran his fingers through his longhair. "No, we're just here because we have to protect this moron."

"Look at all of you..." Levi said. "How dare you get so big." Y/n stifled her laugh. Connie nervously chuckled at least a head taller and behind him.

"Is it something urgent?" Y/n asked.

"We've just received a reply from the Azumabito." Hanji informed.

"And..?"

"No good." Hanji said to everyone's disappointment. "Looks like Hizuru came up empty-handed. I knew it... Hizuru was interested in keeping our resources all for themselves. They're not going to help us trade with other nations. Sure, there are organizations who want to protect the rights of Eldians... but they're considered freaks. No one will take them seriously. In fact, the world wants Paradis to be the root of all evil. They think it helps bring them all together, protecting global stability."

Y/n sighed. Will no one ever take the chance to just know us? It's possible... I know it is. That's the whole reason Bertholdt, Reiner, and Annie even considered the thought of taking me with them...

"In that case..." Eren spoke. "Does that mean we just have to rely on the titans' rumble and that we have no choice but to sacrifice Historia?"

"It does." Levi said. "It's in our treaty with Hizuru that we'll enter into a military alliance backed by the rumble."

"That's..." Armin whispered. "So does the world want us to repeat the same evil acts our ancestors committed a hundred years ago? They've decided for themselves that we're devils, regardless of what our own intentions are... Why can't we all think of a path toward peace together?"

"I'm surprised they're even risking the possibility of the rumbling." Y/n commented. "Fritz himself warned if they trampled on us we would retaliate. Us having the Founding Titan is even more threatening."

"They wanted to take it before we even knew about it, right?" Jean reminded.

"It's still disappointing that they're so impatient with us."

"Probably because they don't know." Mikasa said. "They don't know who we are, so they're scared of us."

"That's it." Hanji agreed. "We could keep relying on the Azumabito to go around to other countries, but the outcome won't change. The world can't see our faces. Why they ever trust us? So... let's meet them ourselves. If they don't understand who we are, we just have to teach them. Isn't that what the survey corps is about?"

Y/n felt a surge of excitement pulse throughout her entire body. "H-Hanji?! Are you really saying that..?! Really?!"

"Yeah!" Hanji replied.

Y/n jumped at least a foot in the air. "Alright!!!!!" She yelled in excitement.

"Wait, so what are we doing?" Sasha asked.

"We're going to Marley!" Hanji grinned.

"Is that safe?" Armin asked.

"Of course!" Y/n said.

"Remember we're going to speak with Azumabito, Y/n." Levi reminded. "Also to create a base there."

"I know that!" Y/n shouted at him. "It's still exciting though!"

"Create a base in Marley and sneak in from there?" Armin asked. "So that's what your plan was, Hanji?"

"Yeah!" The scientist grinned.

Sasha drooled. "From there, we can taste authentic Marleyean cuisine, and-"

"No." Levi said. "There's meaning in us learning more about the world and surveying its state."

"Of course, we'll still have to get help from either the volunteers from Miss Kiyomi either way."

"Like Onyankopon." Y/n suggested.

"Yup."

"Well, that's the information we have right now. You should start planning for the trip." Hanji said. "Levi and I have some other business to attend to right now. Keep up the good work! We'll send a train so you can get back!"

The two rode away on their horses. Y/n had tried to escape with Levi, but he pried her off himself and started galloping away. Hanji said they'd send a train for them to ride back in later. Y/n tched in annoyance.

"Well, let's get back to work, then." Eren shrugged.

The 104th sluggishly moved back to their work. They had gotten a few more hectometers before the sun began to set, turning the sky into a mix of orange and pink. As promised, the train arrived on track. Y/n had to tackle Armin to avoid him getting run over. He shyly thanked her. The 104th and the female captain had turned the course of the train.

Armin stood overseeing the train. Everyone else rode in one cart of many sent along with the train. Sasha and Mikasa sat by each other nearest to Armin, Eren sat opposite of them. Jean sat on Eren's left while Connie on his right. Y/n sat on a barrel at the corner between Jean and Eren.

"Are you sure you don't want to sit beside one of us?" Connie invited.

"Connie, Eren or I don't mind making room." Jean mentioned.

"Yeah." Eren agreed.

"Oh, that's fine." Y/n told.

"Come on, Y/n!" Connie said.

"Do it!" Sasha joined in.

"Do it!" Everyone chanted. "Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!"

"ALRIGHT!" Y/n clicked her tongue. She stood up and plopped down beside Eren. The poor brunette wasn't prepared and he jolted away for a second. "Sorry."

"It's fine." He assured as he recovered back to his spot.

"Huh, what should I bring?" Connie wondered. "Hope I don't get a stomach bug."

"Maybe a sleeping bag." Y/n whispered under her breath.

"Antacids, a toothbrush, and something that tastes like our hometown." Sasha counted.

"Were you listening at all?" Mikasa asked.

"Niccolo said they have lots of kinds of alcohol, right?" Jean reminded.

"Jean, just because you're now allowed to drink spirits, doesn't mean you should go overboard." Y/n said.

     (Drinking age in Germany is 16. 18 is when you are allowed to drink spirits.)

"Oh come on, Y/n." Connie said. "Don't tell me you haven't drunk a ton before."

"I have not."

"Don't worry, Y/n!" Sasha encouraged. "We'll help you find some good ones!"

"That's not the point." Y/n sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Fortunately, Eldian is an official language there. We should be able to communicate in many countries." Armin smiled. "Though we will have to be careful about our accents, and about reading. If the world finds out that we just want peace... then it's like Hanji said. Something might change."

I hope so. Y/n thought. But just because we prove we're nice, doesn't mean we'll be totally cleared for our 'sins'. The world still hates our kind despite anything we've done. But... I know it's possible of change. It's exactly what Bertholdt said in his letter.

"If only we had..." Eren spoke. "... a little more time. Zeke has less than two years left. I only have five and change..." Tense silence surrounded them. "We need to decide soon. Who's going to inherit my titan."

"I will." Y/n announced. She put up her fingers to start listing. "I'm a captain and I have good judgement." According to Levi, at least. "I have a long history of battle experience. I'm brilliant. Finally, I can protect much more people without limits of gas and blades."

"You know you can't." Jean said. I won't let her die. Not her of all people. Y/n turned at him, gaping. "You're an Ackermann. We don't know your family." He turned to Mikasa. "Before you open your mouth Mikasa, you can't either. You're half-asian. We doubt either of you can even become one."

Y/n tched as she sunk into the chair. "Fine..." She whispered.

"Most of all, there's all those plans between you and Hizuru, Mikasa. What would happen to that if we turned you into a titan? Y/n. We can't afford someone with all those good traits to be put in such dangerous positions. There's a long list of reasons you can't be it. You should aim for the Commander of the corps."

Y/n shook her head. "Nah. I couldn't. I'm not strategic as Erwin or Hanji. No one outside the survey corps likes me, either, haha."

"That's not true." Sasha said. "Everyone who meets you loves you! Even when you questioned me eating a potato at the entrance ceremony, I could already tell you were a great person!"

"Yeah, me too." Connie added.

"Me too..." Armin and Mikasa joined.

"Anyway, no." Jean continued. He was too awkward to admit he was fond of her when he first met her. Now, it was even more uncomfortable for him to admit because it was more than true.

"Jean's right." Eren added.

"...Then who else?" Mikasa asked sadly.

"Me." Jean voiced. "First off, I'm way smarter than Eren. I'm no suicidal nutcase. I'll always be able to use my excellent powers of judgement no matter the situation. I'm a rare specimen who can carry out all the duties that'd be needed of me. That's right, me. Getting a hand-me-down form Eren is annoying, but really, who better than me?"

"There's no way." Y/n scoffed.

"Huh?" Jean mumbled.

"You literally just put the same reasons I did! You can't die that fast." Y/n frowned.

"Yeah." Connie agreed. "So, I'll take over Eren's titan." He grinned as he looked at Eren. "What do you say, Eren? That's good, right?"

"Connie..." Eren and Y/n whispered.

"Better me than Jean, Y/n, or Mikasa, right?"

"That isn't a good idea." A voice said. It was Sasha. "Because you're an idiot."

"Huh?"

"H" Sasha challenged.

"Huh?"

"Agh..." Sasha groaned as she put a hand to her head. "That boy really gets my boat... I will inherit it. I"m about the only reliable one with combat experience. I think that I'm the only one left, by process of elimination."

"Guys..." Eren intervened.

"I don't wanna, though." Sasha frowned. "Y'know I don' wanna."

Y/n inwardly raised a brow. You don't HAVE to do it... We could always get someone else to. If they become trouble, slice 'em up and feed 'em to the next person.

"No... Huh?" Connie spoke. "That doesn't make sense."

"Huh?" Sasha mumbled.

"Well, we can't give it to an idiot. You said that yourself, right?"

"Hm?"

"You're an even bigger idiot than me... so that'd contradict what you just said. Do you not understand that..?"

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

Y/n was tempted to facepalm.

"I'm not planning on handing it down to any of you." Eren finally succeeded in saying.

"Why not?" Jean questioned.

"Because you're important to me." Eren admitted. "More than anyone. So... I want you to live long lives."

Y/n pulled her hat down over her eyes. She could feel the pins and needles poke her face as she heated up. E-Eren cares about us that much...

"HUH?!" Jean yelled, startling the captain. "Why're you all red?! What's going on here?!"

Y/n looked over and Eren's cheeks were pink. "Sorry..." He told. Y/n looked around and everyone else was in the same condition.

"Jean." Armin called. "It's the sunset. It's making everyone red..."

Connie and Sasha joked with each other about the present state of their faces. Mikasa stared at the clouds floating in the sky. Jean pulled his hat over his face. "Oh... Well... Nothing I can do about that." Y/n looked to her side and Eren was staring at her. Sweat slipped down the sides of his face as the blush remained.

"What're you staring at..?" Y/n shyly asked.

Eren remained silent for awhile. He seemed extremely hesitant. More hesitant in his entire life. "You." He finally whispered. His hand crept behind his neck as he rubbed it in embarrassment.

Y/n quietly gasped as she looked at the side, watching the hills and dirt pass. "Oh, is that so..."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

70.5K 1.7K 28
[ BOOK 1 ] "There are people out there who want us dead, whether it's because we are bad people, or just for fun." Elliot is a "simple" girl who gre...
49K 1K 19
Cursed with a troubled past that was forgotten, (f/n) (l/n) thought she lived a normal life, a life everyone had to live through. A life where they w...
23.2K 527 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
18.2K 539 60
Growing up together in the Underground, Anya and Levi had been together ever since they could remember. Fate tore them apart, and kept them apart, ag...