Boy Next Door - Dabi x Reader

Von DABISFLVME

Your senior year is around the corner a new boy moves in next to you. You promise to stay away from him since... Mehr

prologue
new guy
at the beach
golden boy
window
party
memory
janitor
facade
preppy neighbor
dinner
club by the beach
nurse
talk
pride
a cry for help
check up
hopeless case
a gift?
lets try this
love?
rain
short dress
lights off
its really you
a visit
an extra burger
sick
verdict
don't be a stranger
shaking
sleepover
wattpad issue
parasite
model for me
truth
first date
just for tonight
initiative
sounds like a plan
essay
mad
stress
leeches
say it
no biggie
anxious
xoxo
shattered
square one
confidentiality
plug
raincheck
dealer
the movie
ice cream
reject
absent
lovesick
hide and seek
shut up
sundress
hair dye
a jog
jumpy
cat fight
pulse
i love you
chance
old habits
an end to this
goodbye
surprise!!

flight

10.3K 393 331
Von DABISFLVME

"The first time I took you here you wanted to escape your stupid ex, Keigo Takami"

"Is that so?"

"And I took you with my small group of friends, you were pretty shy but bold"

You listened to him carefully as he pulled up at this club/bar at the beach. It looked beautiful at night, and it was clearly a popular area, considering the amount of cars. The both of you got out of the car and followed him through the backstage.

"Is this a stage, do people come to perform?" You asked dumbfounded, watching the bodyguards disappear and seeing the several stage lights on the ceiling. "You'll get an answer soon enough, you want a drinl?" He asked awkwardly, shoving his hand into his pockets and walking further into the crowd, the booming music almost leaving you deaf.

"What did I used to drink when I was here?"

"Wait here"

And there you were, left alone in the sea of people walking around. There were all kinds of people here, the most stuck out ones being the fancy girls from the city. You heard the name 'Dabi' echo in your ear and you made it your mission to eavesdrop.

"Is it true that Dabi stopped seeing that girl? For good?"

"They've been kinda off and on, but I don't think they're together anymore"

"I know for a fact they aren't dating because he slept with my best friend the other day!"

Were they talking about me? Holy shit.. this is real, maybe it's another girl, maybe it's-

"That's her! Oh my god has she been hearing us?" One of the ladies yelled and your widened your eyes. "I-uh, sorry I didn't mean to!" You apologized nervously, waving your hands around. "Then what's the deal, are you guys together or not?" Another popped up and asked, a sparkly bracelet dangling from her wrist. Wait.. I've seen that before, right?

"You girls mind if I borrow her for a second?" Dabi miraculously asks, placing his hand on your lower back. "Wait! But are you guys back together again? my friend slept with you a couple of days ago" One of them chimed in again, a part of you feeling jealous for no reason. It wasn't like you remembered all those moments with him, yet it bothered you that he attracted so many girls.

"Tell your friend I don't kiss and tell" was the last thing he said before pulling you by your wrist. "Here's a beer, if you don't like it hold it and I'll finish it" He said handing you the cold beverage and planting a quick kiss on your lips before disappearing from your sight.

Did he just kiss me..? And left me all alone?

You stood still in the mass crowd, sipping down the beer slowly. Doesn't taste like anything special.. just beer. Before you could keep thinking, the curtains began to be lifted.

"Everyone! The LOV"

LOV? The name sounded familiar.. but that was all you got. It was already a headache trying to familiarize yourself with certain things. You see a band begin to play, a blonde girl being the lead singer. Faces that proved to be a blur to you appeared on stage. Am I supposed to know these people? You quickly spot Dabi on his guitar, face focused on the notes of the song.

He didn't try to find you in the crowd, and you weren't fazed. You remained fixated on looking at him, only at him. Everyone around you started jumping to the beat, and you joined them, and for the first time in a while..you were having fun. You took occasional sips from your beer while bopping your head.

After several songs were performed, they eventually closed the curtain. You wondered around the crowd and bumped into a man. Looking up, it was someone with short brown hair, yellow eyes glowing against the dimness of the club, and their nose and mouth covered by a face mask. "It's been a while hasn't it?" He commented, and you just stared at him.

What do I do? Should I answer him? I don't know who this guy is. "I uh.." Your words trailed off, then a group of girls pass by and accidentally shove you right into his chest. In that moment, a flash of memories coursed through your brain. It was faint, but they were there.

Overhaul... drug dealer..? Was he the guy I bought drugs from?

He pushed you away slightly and the moment was gone. "O..Overhaul?" You asked, afraid that wasn't his name and you would be caught in a complete lie. "We're back to formal names? I shouldn't even be talking to you, Dabi threate-"

"I knew you ran off somewhere"

Dabi popped up beside you, pulling you back. He gave this said Overhaul a nasty glare, it could mean something bad happened between them, and you could only guess it was your doing. The black haired male turned around and walked you towards what looked like a private lounge, shaggy but bearable. It was filled with the same members who were playing the band. "If you don't remember them, don't tell them, go with the flow or let me handle it" He whispered in your ear so you could fully hear, since the loud music was proving to be a problem.

"(Y/N) Oh how i've missed you! I had no idea you were coming!" A blonde girl pranced around with a big smile on your face, you just chuckled nervously, so we were close friends.. got it. "I'm not gonna lie, I thought I wasn't gonna see you anymore" Blue haired guy commented, and you gave him a half smile. "Give me a hug (Y/n)! It's been so long" A guy with lizard features approached you hugged you, lifting you off the ground. Then came a guy with blonde hair and a stitch on his forehead, and another with a mask on.

Were these my friends?

After all the hellos and awkward laughs, Dabi took note and approached you. "Anything?" He asks, his tone hopeful you'll remember even the slightest of things. "I think.. I remember the guy from earlier.. Overhaul? That's it though, and it's not even that much" You answered and nodded. "Let's get out of here then, we have one more stop".

"Wait Dabi"

"Mmh?"

"Why did you kiss me earlier?"

"What? Oh, just a habit.. Sorry if I startled you"

You didn't respond after that, just followed him to the car. The air conditioning was cool, and you put your seatbelt on in a painful silence. "Did you.. have fun?" You shyly ask, playing with your fingers nervously. "I should be asking you that" Dabi dodged, starting the car and grabbing the steering wheel.

"It was.. fun, I had fun" You breathed out a low laugh and looked out the window. "We're going to a quieter place now" He spoke, in an attempt to get you comfortable. After a few more minutes of driving on the highway, you end up in the parking lot of a movie theatre.

"Ring a bell?"

You slowly shake your head. "Did we spend a lot of time here?" You asked, fingertips trailing on the leather material in the car. You glanced at him, and he had the saddest expression on his face, it made you feel guilty. "We..wow, I remember I used to take you here late at night.. eat burgers and shit, hell, this is where we became girlfriend and boyfriend" He opened up, cyan eyes staring straight forward.

"Here?"

"Mmm.. We were going to a senior trip and I forgot to pick you up, we met here and you told me you liked me.."

"Did you like me back?"

"I think.. back then I was in denial and I didn't wanna accept it, but yeah I think I started liking you the moment we saw each other..if only I'd done things differently.."

He was.. admitting to thing that he probably wouldn't if you were the old you. Could it be because you were leaving? And he wanted you to know everything before never seeing him again? You didn't know, but it also hurt you on the inside.

"I bet I was annoying.."

"Oh you were"

You chuckled, and playfully hit his shoulder. He also had a soft smile on his face, but it wasn't like he was really happy. For him, it was like talking to a stranger, who happened to be the girl he really liked.

"Typically, we'd get high as fuck here, but maybe that's not the wisest decision"

"We.. we can smoke"

He looked at you, resting his head on his left palm. "It wouldn't be the same, it's not like weed is gonna get your memories back" He answered, for the first time declining a chance to smoke.

"Dabi, I'm really trying to re-"

"It's okay, I know it's too late now anyways"

You felt horrible. You felt like shit because of your dumb self. You couldn't remember him. The man before you had shared so many moment with you, and you deleted all of them. And on top of that, you were leaving for good, abandoning him.

The two of you locked eyes, and in an impulsive moment, you pulled his face in to kiss him. It was a deeper and longer kiss than the one at that bar. He melted into your lips, not complaining and instead placing his large hands at the sides of your neck. He slipped his tongue in, almost as if he knew the way into your mouth perfectly. His touch was warm, and it sent vibrations all over your body.

This was it.

The memories.

I'm going to remember.

And in the heat of the kiss, he pulled away, but close enough to still be inches from your face. His eyes felt heavy, like he's being waiting so long for this. The both of you panted, but for different reasons. Dabi had finally tasted your lips for the first time in a while, and you felt you had recovered your memories.

"Baby..?"

But you didn't.

"I'm so sorry Dabi"

He moved away from you, a blank expression on his face. Was he mad? Sad? Happy because we kissed?

"I'm taking you to your house"

"I just thought— that since I bumped into that Overhaul guy and saw some flashes maybe I could do the same- I'm sorry I-"

"It's not your fault, just stop"

He didn't talk anymore after that. All you could hear now was the music in which he turned up the volume shortly after. Dabi was driving fast, and you started grabbing onto your seat. "S-Slow down" You mumbled but he couldn't hear, he only went faster.

Stopping in front of your house, he opened the lock. "Maybe if we go to your room or something" You proposed, taking off the seatbelt. "I'm tired, (Y/n)" He answered dryly, and you just nodded your head. With an awkward aura, you just opened the door and stepped out.

"When's your flight?"

The question took you by surprise, because you thought he wouldn't want to speak to you, that he couldn't speak to you anymore.

"Sunday morning" You replied with the same tone as his. He's coming to see me go...? Even after all that?

"Have a safe flight" 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

774K 22.9K 22
{BOOK1} I open my eyes to a dark room as my senses slowly crept in. This isn't a pillow! Pillow don't have abs or heartbeats. My head snuggled into a...
1.4M 59.3K 106
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
331K 9.9K 110
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
474K 23.7K 56
NEEDS TO BE EDITED "she say she wanna be my down chick she say you the one i wanna get that cash with" india, being a freshman in college has a lot t...