π‘Ίπ’˜π’π’“π’… 𝑨𝒓𝒕 π‘Άπ’π’π’Šπ’οΏ½...

Por Guardian_Angel-21

In the year 2022, the VRMMO game "Sword Art Online" trapped 10,000 players in a death game. This is the story... Mais

Chapter 1: Disappointment
Chapter 2: Hidden Log Out
Chapter 3: God of War
Chapter 4: The Way of the Sword
Chapter 5: Swordswoman
Chapter 6: First Dungeon
Chapter 7: Party of 3
Chapter 8: Beater
Chapter 9: BlackSmith
Chapter 10: Act of Kindness
Chapter 11: Night Terrors
Chapter 12: The Fall and Rise of Guilds
Chapter 13: Black Cats
Chapter 14: No Place Like...
Chapter 15: The Trap Room
Chapter 16: Best Gift
Chapter 17: Christmas Renegade
Chapter 18: War and Lightning
Chapter 19: Murder in the Safe Zone
Chapter 20: Illusionary Avenger
Chapter 21: PinkSmith
Chapter 22: Mission Failed
Chapter 23: Sword Dance of Slayer and Knight
Chapter 24: Giant Goblin
Chapter 25: Duel and Broken Souls
Chapter 27: I Love You [πŸ‹]
Chapter 28: My Heart is Yours
Chapter 29: Edge of Hell's Abyss
Chapter 30: The End of the World
⦇[π•†πšŸπšŽπš›πšπš’πšπšŽ:β„™πš›πš˜πšπš˜πšŒπš˜πš•]⦈
Chapter 31: Another Lifetime
Chapter 32: ALfheim Online
Chapter 33: Goblin Slayer
Chapter 34: Monsters
Chapter 35: Prison Break
Chapter 36: Slay Them All
Chapter 37: Worthy
Chapter 38: A Warrior's Heart
Chapter 39: Memory Lane
Chapter 40: Reunion
Chapter 41: Peace
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 0
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 1
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 2

Chapter 26: Love Conquers All

3.5K 82 25
Por Guardian_Angel-21

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- October 23, 2024 - 55th Floor - Granzam -

The sun shined over the 55th floor of Aincrad, it has been two days since the beater's loss to the commander and since he joined the Knights of the Blood Oath. It has also been one day since he revealed to Asuna his past.

Ares: Training......I have to do training?

Currently, both players were sitting in a common room talking to a man with ginger hair and beard wearing KOB armor.

Godfree: That's right. You'll form a party with me and one more, and we'll clear the dungeon here, on the 55th floor.

Asuna: Wait, Godfree... Ares and I already-

Godfree: Sorry ma'am but even as the second-in-command, you cannot ignore the rules. And if he will be joining us, then as the forward commander, I must evaluate his skills myself.

Asuna: But he's far stronger than you!

Godfree: Then we'll meet at the western gate, in thirty minutes! Hooray!

He raised his right and punched the air above him as he began to walk away. He seemed like a since guy, the way he spoke made him sound like a silly uncle you see at parties. Once he left, the chestnut-haired girl sighed in disappointment that he will be leaving her side so soon.

Asuna: We finally had a chance to be alone...

The swordsman raised from his seat and placed his hand on top of the girl's head who slouched, showing her disapproval of the situation.

Ares:....I won't be gone for long. I'll see you later, I promise.

The girl released another sigh of understanding, now that she knows what happened to her friend, she feels closer to him than she has ever before.

Asuna: Okay. Be careful.

He began to walk away and exited the room. Once no longer feeling his presence with her detection skill, she opened her menu and scrolled down her skill list. Once she reached what she was looking for, her finger hovered over a skill name <<Act of Love>>. Her eyes looked at the skill for a while until they shut and her hand closed the menu.

-TimeSkip-

The beater walked across the bridge that leads to an open field to see his trainer waving at him. Then the older man pulled out of the corner another player that wore a similar white KOB uniform. Upon closer inspection, it was revealed to be Kuradeel with a look full of shame. The beater in white walked up to them and looked at the trainer as if waiting for the joke to be told.

Ares:.....Seriously?

Godfree: From now on, we're all part of the same guild. I thought it would be a good time to move past this. I thought you two could bury the hatchet.

He began to hold back a laugh due to his main weapon attached to his back was a large hatchet. The beater turned to the player he fought a couple of days ago and watched as he bowed to him.

Kuradeel: I'm sorry about what happened. I will never act that way again, so please forgive me.

Ares:......Actions are louder than words. If you wish for my forgiveness, you'll have to earn it.

Kuradeel: I'll try my best to earn it then.

Godfree: Then, that's that. Today, I'd like to assess how you react to dangerous situations, so I'm taking your crystals.

Ares: Even my teleportation crystals?

The ginger-haired man nodded with a hum. The third-party member quickly gave him his crystals and the hatchet wielder waited for the beater to hand them over. Finally, the player pulled out his teleport and healing crystal he kept in his belt pouches.

Godfree: Right! Let's go, guys!

He said with enthusiasm, which only got a lazy pump in the air from the other two. The beater began to dislike the idea of a guild more and more.

-TimeSkip - 55th Floor - Canyon -

It had been an hour traveling to the dungeon that waited inside a large canyon. The sky was bright blue while the sun shined brightly overhead, but the shadows of the canyon made it seem darker.

Godfree: Okay, time for a break. I'll distribute the food.

He opened his menu and threw the pouches of lunches to the players who took rest across from him. The beater caught his and opened the bag to see a delicious-looking sandwich alongside an oval-shaped bottle of water. The image of Asuna happily handing the sandwich passed by his head.

Shaking the idea out of his head and returned to reality to see a large loaf of <<Black Bread>> that was really more grey than black. After releasing a sigh he uncorked the bottle of water, removed the metal chin piece from his helmet, and began to drink the water in large gulps. He stopped when he heard the sound of something hitting the floor before him, he looked over to see Godfree lying on his stomach. He barely noticed the lightning icon on the man's health bar. He quickly turned over to the third party member to see a wide sickening smile smeared across it.

Before he could do anything, he felt the loss of control of his body and his torso began to fall backward. His head hit the rock platform behind him, giving him a slanted view of what was in front of him. He notices the lightning icon on his health bar and immediately recognizes it.

Ares: *Thoughts* Paralysis

The man beside him began to release small chuckles of laughter until he was full-blown cackling.

Godfree: Wh-What is this? Kuradeel, weren't you were the one who brought this water?

Ares: Quickly, use an antidote crystal.

The man on the floor struggled but managed to grab ahold of a green crystal, but before he could use it, it was kicked away by the laughing man.

Kuradeel: Godfree, I knew you were an idiot. But you really do have muscles for brains.

The standing player pulled out his blade as a smug look grew on his face.

Godfree: What are you doing? S-Stop!

Before anything else happened, the blade was swung down and stabbed into the ginger-haired man. His eyes widened as his health bar decreased, while the assailant's green icon turned orange after the first strike. His smile never left his face as he began to strike the man over and over again.

Kuradeel: Here's my plan. Our party was attacked by a gang of criminal players out in the field! Though you both fought hard, you were slain. I returned alive, having defeated all the outlaws completely on my own!

Finally, the man's health bar reached red and the psychopath raised his blade as he laughed with insanity. The blade impaled the defenseless man and with that, his body exploded into crystals, leaving the beater to watch in horror as the particles fly up.

Kuradeel: *Pant* *Pant* Hey. Because of a kid like you, I just killed an innocent bystander.

Ares:.....Don't blame the blood on your hands on me......Answer me this.....How did Laughing Coffin get such a lousy member like you?

Kuradeel: Well, I knew you have sharp eyes but I didn't expect you to know right away.

He said as he took off his arm guards to reveal the Laughing Coffin tattoo on his left forearm.

Kuradeel: May I ask how did you figure it out?

Ares: Only laughing coffin knows how to use paralyzing skills...

Kuradeel: You're a smart kid. Shame really. I'd better stop talking, or the poison will wear off.

The murderer walked up and stabbed the beater's left forearm. He grunted as the sword was being wiggled to maximize damage. The poison didn't appear to be wearing off, but his crystals disappear alongside Godfree. The blade was pulled out and then stabbed him through the right leg, which again followed by wiggling.

Kuradeel: How does it feel? How does it feel, knowing that you're about to die!?

Ares:.....

Kuradeel: Won't tell me? Is your tongue paralyzed too!?

The beater saw his health bar drop to yellow and continued to decrease.

Ares: *Thoughts* .....Is this really it?.......Is this how I go out?

Kuradeel: Hey, now! Come on, say something!... You really are going to die!

The sword pulled and impaled the player's stomach. The beeping sound from his health bar continued as it reached red. Accepting his fate, the armored player closed his eye, waiting for death to take him. But instead of the darkness consuming him.

A bright light shined and an image of the chestnut-haired swordswoman appeared in his mind. If he falls now, he will never see her bright smile again, see her live her life outside this deadly game, or tell her how he truly feels about her. Now determined, he gathered all the strength he had and used his only useable hand to try and push out the blade by force.

Kuradeel: What? So you're afraid of dying, after all?

Ares:....No, I'm not.....I just refuse to die an unworthy death...

The tip of the blade was being pushed out of the player's stomach and the mad man began to laugh.

Kuradeel: Really? That's just the way I like it!

He began to push down the blade again causing more health to deplete. The bar was a thumb away from going all out. The beater continued to push but his strength was limited.

Kuradeel: Come on! Let me see your face as you die! I want to see the terror in your eyes as you disappear!

With his chin piece removed, it gave the lunatic the opportunity to pull off his helmet. They both struggled and fought the other back. The demented man smiled wildly as he pulled the helmet up to see the player's mouth. With only a nail left of health, the player roared as he pushed back.

Suddenly, a green flash of lightning appeared a struck the assailant back, causing him to fly and hit a rocky wall. With the little strength he had, the victim looked up to see his partner hovering over him.

Asuna: Heal!

She said as the green crystal in her hand exploded and the player's health was restored. The paralysis was still in effect but he still saw her through his loose helmet.

Asuna: I made it in time... I made it in time! God, I made it in time!

Ares: Asuna...

Asuna: I was watching you on the map, then Godfrey disappeared. So I thought something happened... You're alive..... You're alive... I'm not dreaming, am I?

Ares: ...No, I'm alive. Thanks to you.

The sound of metal was heard and they turn to see the murderer picking himself up with his sword. The swordswoman glared at the man and picked herself up.

Asuna: Just hold on. I'll finish this.

The man noticed the swordswoman and immediately grew nervous. The vice commander pulled out her blade as she continued to walk toward him.

Kuradeel: Asuna, this was just training. That's right... We had a training accident-

He was cut off as her blade sliced his cheek and he swung back.

Kuradeel: Damn you!

His attack missed and was then attacked by a fury of attacks that decreased his health bar.

His weapon dropped to the floor and he raised his hand up to surrender as the tip of her blade was pointed at his neck.

Kuradeel: F-Fine, I surrender! I was wrong! I'll leave the guild... You'll never see me again!

The swordswoman held her blade over his head as he bowed down to her on his knees facing the floor.

Kuradeel: Please! I don't want to die!

She strikes downwards but stopped mid-way out of pity. Before she could react, he grabbed his blade and knocked her rapier out of her hand, making her stumble backward.

Kuradeel: You fell for the oldest trick in the book! And you fell for it bitch!

He raised his sword and swung down towards her. But a shield stopped the blade from reaching her as the beater stood between then in a blur. The swordsman swiftly pulled out his blade from his belt and swiped upwards as it glowed black.

Ares: RRRAAA!!!

The beater roared as a black slash was released from the upward slice and cut the murderer into perfect vertical halves. A second later the body exploded into crystals and disappeared.

It felt like an eternity, time stood still, and finally the swordsman fell to his knees as his body slouched forward. With all his strength gone, he releases the weapons in his hands, letting them drop to the ground. Processing the threat as handled, she released a sigh as she walks over to the fallen boy. She knees behind him and attempts to grab his hand, only to realize why he was like this.

She had caused him to take a life, one that he never would have done if she wasn't so weak. She let her guard down and now he has to live with the blood on his hands. She retracts her hand and feels the tears building up at the side of her eyes.

Asuna: I'm sorry... This was... This was my fault, wasn't it?

Tears start to release from her eyes and land on her hand as her emotions get the best of her.

Ares: Asuna...

Asuna: *Crying* I'm sorry! I... I shouldn't... I should stay away...from now on..... For your sake...

She had to leave him, again, and she has only caused him trouble. A life was gone because she got close to him again, even if it was a corrupted one. It pained her, that she could never have what her heart truly wanted. If her happiness cost the safety of others, she had to pay that price.

Tears flooded her vision, looking down at the floor before her. After a couple of seconds of silence, nor a response from the boy, something came into her vision. The helmet of her friend rested on the ground facing her. Before she could react, she felt a hand pull her shoulder forward, and then.....A soft pair of lips pressed against hers. Her eyes widen but quickly close as she presses back, melting into the tender kiss. They were soft, softer than she could have ever imagined. She always wondered how they'll feel, now that she got her answer and it was better than anything she ever expected.

Her tears stopped flowing but remained at the side of her eyes. After a couple more seconds of bliss, they separated for the need of air. She opens her eyes to finally see the face she wanted to admire. A pair of soft ruby eyes look back at her with pure emotion, she found herself lost within them.

She never expected him to appear the way he does, she could never pick which face would fit underneath the helmet but this.....She found it perfect.

He bowed his head as he held her hands.

Ares: Asuna...I cannot imagine my life without you in mine... I want to protect you, until the end.

So many emotions were swelling up inside her that she didn't know what to say except...

Asuna: And I'll protect you too, forever. No matter what. I swear.

Ares: I'll make sure you return to the real world. I promise.

Asuna: I know you will, I believe in you.

They both look at one another with gentle smiles on their face, they lean back in and their lips meet each other again, like a puzzle piece finally becoming whole.

-Scars-
We both have scars,
With memories that cannot be erased,
but together we are stronger.
In your hands, my heart has been placed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

乇几|

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. More chapters coming soon so stay tuned.

Support my Kofi :)
ko-fi.com/guardian_angel21

Here's your chapterly meme

Continuar a ler

TambΓ©m vai Gostar

701 4 40
This is part two of my "Sword Art Online" fan fiction series and if you haven't read part 1 which is called "The Black Swordsman", then I highly reco...
7.8K 402 10
The sequel to hit fanfiction Sword Art Online: Isolation! Life still goes on in that mighty castle Aincrad, the players still fight and the monsters...
45.3K 1.6K 40
KiritoxReader SAO Your father is the Co-CEO of a successful gaming company that specialises in vrmmorpg and is helping develop SAO. You were a beta...
235K 3.2K 46
*ATTENTION* Sequel/series has been canceled and a remake will be made. Please be patient for it. Please read chapter labeled "Announcement" to get th...