π‘Ίπ’˜π’π’“π’… 𝑨𝒓𝒕 π‘Άπ’π’π’Šπ’οΏ½...

By Guardian_Angel-21

In the year 2022, the VRMMO game "Sword Art Online" trapped 10,000 players in a death game. This is the story... More

Chapter 1: Disappointment
Chapter 2: Hidden Log Out
Chapter 3: God of War
Chapter 4: The Way of the Sword
Chapter 5: Swordswoman
Chapter 6: First Dungeon
Chapter 7: Party of 3
Chapter 8: Beater
Chapter 9: BlackSmith
Chapter 10: Act of Kindness
Chapter 11: Night Terrors
Chapter 12: The Fall and Rise of Guilds
Chapter 13: Black Cats
Chapter 14: No Place Like...
Chapter 15: The Trap Room
Chapter 16: Best Gift
Chapter 17: Christmas Renegade
Chapter 18: War and Lightning
Chapter 19: Murder in the Safe Zone
Chapter 20: Illusionary Avenger
Chapter 21: PinkSmith
Chapter 22: Mission Failed
Chapter 23: Sword Dance of Slayer and Knight
Chapter 24: Giant Goblin
Chapter 26: Love Conquers All
Chapter 27: I Love You [πŸ‹]
Chapter 28: My Heart is Yours
Chapter 29: Edge of Hell's Abyss
Chapter 30: The End of the World
⦇[π•†πšŸπšŽπš›πšπš’πšπšŽ:β„™πš›πš˜πšπš˜πšŒπš˜πš•]⦈
Chapter 31: Another Lifetime
Chapter 32: ALfheim Online
Chapter 33: Goblin Slayer
Chapter 34: Monsters
Chapter 35: Prison Break
Chapter 36: Slay Them All
Chapter 37: Worthy
Chapter 38: A Warrior's Heart
Chapter 39: Memory Lane
Chapter 40: Reunion
Chapter 41: Peace
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 0
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 1
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 2

Chapter 25: Duel and Broken Souls

2.4K 73 17
By Guardian_Angel-21

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- October 20, 2024 - 75th Floor - Collinia -

The sun shined over the town of Collinia. Its roman architecture gave the town a Greek theme. The civilians of Aincrad gathered at the colosseum as today was a special event. Today the Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath would be dueling against the solo beater. This would be a fight for the ages, two of the best players fighting each other head to head.

This worried the second in command, if her friend lost he would join the KOB as agreed to the deal. Currently, both the fighter and her are sitting together in a room that connects to the colosseum.

Asuna: How could you agree to a duel?!

Ares:....He didn't give me any other choice.

Asuna: When I first saw your Kaishingeki skill back there, I thought your strength was on a whole other level. But the Commander has a unique skill, too...

Ares: I understand, I've seen it several times. <<Divine Blade>>, a skill that maximizes both attack and defense power. The attack is strong, but that defense is incredible.

Asuna: No one has ever seen his HP bar fall into the yellow zone. It's completely overpowered.

Ares: .....I know.

Asuna: What are you going to do? If you lose, not only do I not get my leave, but you'll have to join the Knights of the Blood Oath.

Ares: I don't plan on losing easily.

-TimeSkip-

The two fighters stand in front of one another, as they look around to see the crowd of people cheering.

Heathcliff: I'm sorry, Ares. I didn't realize this would be such a big deal.

Ares: ...They came to watch a show, let's not disappoint.

Heathcliff: You're right, once we finish you will be an official member of the Knight of the Blood Oath. I'll treat this as a mission.

The red-armored man opens his menu and sends a duel request. <<Will you accept duel request>>. The solo player clicks <Accept>>. They both begin to pull out their swords and shields and stand ready to fight as the countdown overhead begins at 60 seconds.

They both stare down the other, and finally the screen began the fight with <<START!>>. The solo player dashes forwards and begins his onslaught of strikes. The commander only stands and takes the strength of his hit with his shield, completely unfazed and unharmed.

After a barrage of attacks, the commander faked an attack with his shield, causing the player to jump back and avoid the attack from the blade. The red leader runs forward and punches the player in the stomach with his shield.

This sent the player to fly backward, he landed and created a plan. He activated his unique skill and sent 2 slashes in the shape of X to the commander, he immediately threw his southern-style throwing knife into the air to make it curve and land a hit from behind, lastly, he sent a horizontal slash that barely touches the ground to attack his legs.

The commander saw all of this and took the X slash head-on with his shield. Next quickly turned and blocked the throwing knife with his shield. He turned around and stabbed the end of his shield into the ground to take the low slash. What he didn't expect was the shield that hit him square in the face by the beater.

He was sent back but landed on his feet, he saw that his health bar lowered but was still green. He barely had time to react as another wave of black slashes was sent his way. He looked over his shield to see where the attack was coming from only to see a shadow flying overhead.

The beater dropped from above and had the perfect opportunity to strike and win. His body was growing tired but all he needed was this strike to win. And as if time froze, the player could see the leader's shield move faster than the game system allowed it and block his attack. With shock still in his system, he could feel the slash made across his chest as he fell to the floor on his back.

The <<Winner!>> Icon appeared overhead and the audience cheered as Heathcliff was named the winner. He sat up and saw the commander walking away from the colosseum as the wind made his cape blow. He sat there and thought about what just happened, as the crowd was blocked out of his mind by his thoughts.

- TimeSkip - October 22, 2024 - 50th Floor - Algade -

It has been 2 days since the duel at the colosseum, and the beater was now officially a member of the Knight of the Blood Oath. As agreed, Asuna did not get her leave of absence but that didn't matter to her. What mattered was her friend's health and well-being as he is joining a guild, something he has never done.

Ares: Don't you have anything that isn't as flashy?

He says as he enters the room after changing, it was basically his regular armor but in white with red spreading throughout.

Asuna: It's one of the far less flashy ones. It looks good on you.

Ares:....White has never been my color.

He walks over and sits on the bed as he supports his upper body with his elbows.

Ares: ...I'm in a guild, never thought the day would come.

Right now felt like the perfect moment. For as long as she knew him, he was holding something inside of him that he never shared with her. It might explain some of his past actions. It would be the best thing for him to do. She wants to know what burdens he is carrying, and she wants to help. Memories began to flash before her as she thinks back.

Sasha: {On one of my searches outside the Town of Beginnings, a pack of goblins were taunting a group of kids. Once they noticed me, they became hostile and we were quickly outnumbered. But like a silent guardian angel, Ares arrived and dispatched them, as if fighting a personal vendetta.}

Ares: {The blood of their lives are now on your hands. Live with that.}

Ares: {My sister, she was a gamer herself and brought me along in the beta, I got addicted to the feeling, and now...I'm here.}

Ares: {I know what could happen.........But, I have to fix my mistake.}

Ares: {I appreciate the offer but now isn't the right time. Thank you either way.}

Ares: {You know nothing about love! As a person changes, so does their love! You never loved her!}

Ares: {You killed her because you are Selfish! Merciless! Thoughtless! Possessive! Cowardly! And A Greedy Bastard! You are nothing more than a GOBLIN!}

She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard his voice, but his real voice.

Ares: Asuna?

Asuna: Y-Yeah?

Ares: I was calling you, you alright?...

Asuna:.....Can I be serious with you about something?

Ares:....Always.

Asuna:.....I have known you for a year and a half, but I want......I want you to tell me why you avoid guilds... And people in general....it isn't because you're a beta tester or have a unique skill....I know I told you to tell me when you were ready but....I need to know.

The room went silent and it seemed like time froze. The only noise was coming from outside through the window that lit the room.

Ares: ...On the day SAO launch, I didn't join alone. I... I logged in alongside my older sister. My Best Friend. Out in the real world, I was a nobody, a face in the crowd...we had the chance to beta test SAO. I was hooked instantly on the opportunity of being someone I wasn't. Then, Kayaba's announcement hit and...I had lost all hope of escaping... But my sister refused to be trapped and wanted to get stronger to beat the game...We went off on a quest which was supposed to be relatively easy..... but we were ambushed by a horde of... Goblins... I watched her die protecting me.

The swordswoman gasped as this was not what she was expecting. This explained so much that it felt wrong knowing.

Ares: ..I was powerless... Weak... Afraid... and utterly useless... I swore to avenge my sister by beating this wretched game, and finding out why it was created... I'll rather live my life alone than ever feel that pain again, so I push everyone away. My heart wouldn't handle it... I can't handle it.

There was a second of silence before the vice commander stood up from her seat and walked over to the boy. She moved his helmet to face her and she looked at him with a sincere look.

Asuna: ...I'm not going to die. Because we're a team. We both got each other's back.

She sits on the bed and pulls his head towards her neck as she hugs him. He contemplates moving but remains still as he is hugged by the chestnut-haired girl.

Ares: *Thoughts* ....Mask.

Until now I'm still searching
For the thing that'll stop my crying
For someone who'll erase my fears
For someone who'll wipe away my tears.

Ares: *Thoughts* .....I think.....I think I finally found that someone...and I'm never letting go, never again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

乇几|

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. More chapters coming soon so stay tuned and wear a mask.

Support my Kofi :)
ko-fi.com/guardian_angel21

Here's your chapterly meme

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 1.2K 27
Y/n L/n an ordinary 15 year old kid is trapped in an MMORPG called Sword Art Online follow him on his journey to beat 100 floors and escape. And lear...
6.2K 134 21
[ONHOLD / Hiatus mode] On the floor where the so called administrator, Quinella. Cardinal is dead, Alice is knocked out, leaving the young black hair...
5.9K 116 8
{NOT FINISHED - DISCONTINUED I'm long not in touch with SAO anymore, so I won't be finishing this. Sorry! - AsunaLee, 2/22/2020} Kazuto Kirigaya, wh...
235K 3.2K 46
*ATTENTION* Sequel/series has been canceled and a remake will be made. Please be patient for it. Please read chapter labeled "Announcement" to get th...