π‘Ίπ’˜π’π’“π’… 𝑨𝒓𝒕 π‘Άπ’π’π’Šπ’οΏ½...

Da Guardian_Angel-21

In the year 2022, the VRMMO game "Sword Art Online" trapped 10,000 players in a death game. This is the story... Altro

Chapter 1: Disappointment
Chapter 2: Hidden Log Out
Chapter 3: God of War
Chapter 4: The Way of the Sword
Chapter 5: Swordswoman
Chapter 6: First Dungeon
Chapter 7: Party of 3
Chapter 8: Beater
Chapter 9: BlackSmith
Chapter 10: Act of Kindness
Chapter 11: Night Terrors
Chapter 12: The Fall and Rise of Guilds
Chapter 13: Black Cats
Chapter 14: No Place Like...
Chapter 15: The Trap Room
Chapter 16: Best Gift
Chapter 17: Christmas Renegade
Chapter 18: War and Lightning
Chapter 19: Murder in the Safe Zone
Chapter 20: Illusionary Avenger
Chapter 21: PinkSmith
Chapter 23: Sword Dance of Slayer and Knight
Chapter 24: Giant Goblin
Chapter 25: Duel and Broken Souls
Chapter 26: Love Conquers All
Chapter 27: I Love You [πŸ‹]
Chapter 28: My Heart is Yours
Chapter 29: Edge of Hell's Abyss
Chapter 30: The End of the World
⦇[π•†πšŸπšŽπš›πšπš’πšπšŽ:β„™πš›πš˜πšπš˜πšŒπš˜πš•]⦈
Chapter 31: Another Lifetime
Chapter 32: ALfheim Online
Chapter 33: Goblin Slayer
Chapter 34: Monsters
Chapter 35: Prison Break
Chapter 36: Slay Them All
Chapter 37: Worthy
Chapter 38: A Warrior's Heart
Chapter 39: Memory Lane
Chapter 40: Reunion
Chapter 41: Peace
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 0
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 1
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 2

Chapter 22: Mission Failed

2.1K 75 6
Da Guardian_Angel-21

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-August 8, 2024- 56th Floor- Pani -

The sun shined over the foggy 56th floor of Aincrad, the town Pani is the settlement for the Holy Dragon Alliance. The assault team had reached the 70th floor, but a big factor for the delay was the murder guild, Laughing Coffin. They have been slaying player after player in hoards and did not appear to slow down. The assault team had tried multiple times to put a final stop to them, but they always vanished.

Currently, a dark figure flies through the fog as its cloak covers the figure. It runs and jumps through the rocky terrain and enters a cave. Not far behind it, another figure chases after the first but more stealthily.

The cloaked figure runs through the dark cave as its night-vision was enabled, making everything seem clear as day. Unfortunately, the figure trip on its own feet, making it fall face first can slide a distance. It attempts to get up only for a small needle to be thrown at it from behind, causing the figure to drop to the ground. It looks at its health bar to see a lightning symbol on it, he's now paralyzed. It can hear the footsteps coming closer, additionally, it own heavy breathing.

Finally, the footsteps stop as they have arrived at the cloaked figure. Its limp body was dragged to a wall and its hood was removed to show a beautiful-looking girl with green hair and blank eyes that showed no emotion. What made this girl more special was her pointy long ears. It was very rare to attain ears like hers but there are still quests that are unknown and give rare items.

Still dark, the second figure lit a torch causing a minimum amount of light to spread through the cave. Finally, she was about to see who was her captor. Before her was the armored solo player of the frontlines, the God of War.

???: Oh, I see you're the beater from the assault team. If you could be so kind to please remove this paralysis, I was on my way to my way and must have been confused with someone else.

Ares:....

???: Did you hear me correctly?

Ares:.......I did.

???: Then you see this is just a misunderstanding.

Ares:....No, it's not.

???: I beg your pardon.

Ares:......Lux..... Spy for Laughing Coffin.

The girl didn't react physically but she was shaken internally. How did he know who she was?

Lux: I-I told you this is a misunderstanding. My cursor is green, I-I haven't hurt anyone!

Ares:....I may be a brute at times......But I can see a lair when I see one.

He moves her sleeve upwards to reveal a coffin-shaped insignia.

The smile the girl had dropped as he turned back to her. Her entire attitude changed as well.

Lux: So, how did you know?

Ares:....I know how to make people talk.

Lux: Hm, I bet you do.

Ares:... You're the one who's sent out the information about the assault team's plans.

Lux: That's my job. Nobody asks questions when you look like a forest elf, so they believe I'm an NPC, I can easily blend in and disappear.

Ares:.... A lot of people died because of your info.

Lux: I'm just doing what I'm told.

Ares:.... Why?

Lux: Because I owe them, they saved my life.

Ares:.... Where's Laughing Coffin's base?

Lux:...You won't get anything out of me. You can torture me all you want, I won't say a thing. They'll just kill me if I do.

Ares:.... I won't be doing anything.....But I bet they will.

He says as he holds the torch towards the deepest part of the cave to show something. Barley visible, the girl's eyes widen as she sees something horrendous and nerve-racking.

Ares: I heard that goblins and elves are sworn enemies.....Wonder what they can do to a paralyzed elf girl before they kill her.

The immobile girl was still able to shake in fear as the goblins waited for the armored player to leave. She had witnessed it dozens of times, her comrades toyed by these disgusting creatures and left for dead.

Lux: *Scared* P-Please! I'll tell you everything! I-I'll tell you their numbers! Their base! All their members! Everything! But please don't leave me to them!

- TimeSkip - 55th Floor - Granzam -

Granzam is a large town and most popularly known as the base for the Knights of the Blood Oath. Inside, the second in command looked over maps of known floors where Laughing Coffin had based themselves.

Asuna: *Sigh* Each day we spend looking for them, causing more deaths by their hands.

A knock on the door grabbed her attention. A head popped in and it was the sub-leader of Team C.

Uzala: Second in command, you have a visitor.

Asuna: I'm currently busy.

Uzala: You may want to know about this.

He opened the door to reveal the beater in all his armor before her. She was shocked, he just decides to show up out of nowhere? They haven't talked since they spit ways and now he is standing at her guild's base of operations?

Before she could speak, she sees that he is standing with a player with elf ears and she was tied up.

Ares:.....We need to talk.

- TimeSkip - 56th floor - Pani -

Asuna: Now let's start this meeting.

Around the second in command stood the Knights of the Blood Oath, Holy Dragon Alliance, Moonlit Black Cats, Fuurinkazan, Aincrad Liberation Army, and the beater. In total, around 50 high-level clearers stood in the room, listening intently to the chestnut swordswoman.

Asuna: We have received information from a spy from laughing coffin, currently she is in the Black Iron Palace in a cell. For too long the red guild has been wiping out innocent players in cold blood. Each time we try to capture them we failed, but this time is different. We know where their main base is and who is in the guild. Tomorrow morning we will launch a raid on their base and capture as many red players as we can. They will definitely resist, so the commander has given us permission to use deadly force. Now, Daizen will be going over the members of the guild and their abilities, pay attention. This information can save your life.

The lightning flash player moved over so the other KOB member can begin the debriefing. The beater can see the stress the player held within. Since joining, he can see the shell she had built around her. The persona she created to be seen as strong, intimidating, unstoppable, and fearless. But he can see right through her, he knows that she is scared. But talking to her now will be pointless, his words will carry no weight, so he will force himself to be silent.

Ares: *Thoughts* Smile

I smile not for that I am happy, but sometimes I smile to hide sadness.

- TimeSkip - August 9, 2024 - 3rd Floor -

The army of high-level clearers walked through a cave on the 3rd floor, mostly known for its dark and creepy aesthetic, it perfectly fits the murder guild's reputation. They decided to surprise the guild once daybreak hits because that is when they are the most vulnerable. Tanks led the team through the cave and they finally arrive at a clear area with floating platforms.

Klein: Looks like they must be deeper in the cave.

Agil: Looks like it, this place is giving me the creeps.

Kirito: I second that.

Asuna: Everyone stay alert everyone! Remember, capture and detain! These monsters deserve some mercy.

As she finishes, a thin object flies through the air heading straight towards her. She flinches back to feel nothing, a second later she opens her eyes to see the armored beater holding a needle. He looks at it and crushes it in his hand.

Ares: Paralyzing needle, they know we're here.

He looks around to see a platform floating by with a dozen members in dark cloaks with weapons in hand.

They jump down and the battle begins in an unexpected twist. Metal clashing metal was heard throughout the battlefield.

Schmitt: Someone must have leaked our plans. How did they-

He was cut off as he had to face a new opponent. Meanwhile, the armored player fought a cloaked figure with two red eyes staring right into his soul. They clashed in the middle and pushed the other till the beater fainted a move and headbutted the red player causing him to stumble back. With a leg sweep, the player was on his back and the tip of a blade at his neck. He roars as he began to raise but was knocked unconscious by a stomp in the face.

The beater looked around and saw some red players retreating after taking significant damage. He saw the lightning flash handling some players and her health bar was still high, causing him to be slightly relieved.

Before he could do anything else, he heard 3 bodies drop to the ground behind him. He turned around to see a red player standing over 3 players who exploded into crystals, signifying their death.

The disturbing smile the red player wore caused the beater's blood to boil. He turned to the battlefield to see more members of the assault team die by the hand of the red guild.

He barely managed to dodge a slash from the smiling player. With his eyes sees red, he yells as he slashes back, cutting off the head of the red player in a single blow.

The body explodes into crystals as it hits the floor. The sound of a blade breaking catches his attention. His neck snaps in the direction of the sound to see a red player stand in front of the second in command who holds a broken sword in her hand. The murderer raises his blade but stopped as a throwing knife cuts off both of his hands. He turns to see where the flying blade came from, but a blade going through his neck and up his head stops him.

The second in command witnesses as her ex-partner pulls out his blade from the murderer's head and the body explodes into crystals. She watches in shock and surprise as he drops to his knees and releases a blood-curdling scream. The scream shook most of the players in the dungeon causing the fighting to come to a halt. Most of the red guild retreated into the cave, while others were captured, and the others were killed. She turns back to her friend to see him just staring at the floor, motionless.

Asuna:......Ares?

Hearing her voice caused him to flinch slightly but freezes again. After a second, he begins to rise and stand on his feet. He turns to look at her and sees the worry in her eyes.

After another second he turns and begins to exit the cave, without saying a word to anyone.

- TimeSkip - September 30, 2024 - 61st Floor - Selmberg -

The door opens and a chestnut-haired girl walks through in her KOB outfit. She closes the door and releases a sigh as the meeting between the higher-ups in KOB was exhausting. It had been a month since the raid on Laughing Coffin, the assault team had wiped out a lot of its members while others were captured or escape. Not a lot of reports on them haven't been filed, which is always a good thing, but you could never know if they are planning something.

Not to mention, her ex-partner was worrying her. He's less interactive than before and has avoided her in the raid meetings. She was worried for him, he took two lives that day and she knew it was hurting him internally. She wished she could do something for him, but if he doesn't want help then it was best to leave him alone. All the stress was getting to the girl and all she wanted to do was take a shower and hit the hay.

She didn't care if it was her birthday, she would prefer to spend it alone than in a board meeting. But before she could head to the bathroom, her menu popped up to show a notification. She opened it and saw that someone had sent her something. She saw who it was and smiled knowing he still cared. She opened the item and a sword appeared before her, she was amazed by its beauty and sharpness. Even the stats were incredible, who knew a single sword could be this strong. She clicked on the info icon and read its name.

Asuna: <<Lambent Light>>>

Attached to the notification was another item. She clicked on it and a voice recording floated before her.

Ares: *Recording* ....Hello Asuna.....I know that you would probably spend today alone, but I couldn't stand by and not congratulate you. You have become an amazing person and fighter....It is a privilege knowing you.....Remember that even in our darkest times, light will cut through...That is why I gift you <<Lambent Light>>, to help you cut through your darkest times......Happy birthday Asuna...

The recording ends and the chestnut-haired girl smiles as she hears the soft voice of her friend wishing her a happy birthday. The worry that she held now vanished as it seemed that he had cut through his own darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

乇几|

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. More chapters coming soon so stay tuned.

Support my Kofi :)
ko-fi.com/guardian_angel21

Here's your chapterly meme

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

591 23 5
Y/n L/n and Co. meet in the new VR MMO game "Sword Art Online" and find themselves exploring the game, interacting with strange new creatures, player...
60.5K 1K 27
Aincrad is at war with the Demon King, who is commanding his armies from the 100th floor. Kirito is known as the Black Swordsman, one of the most pow...
2.5K 73 5
(A/N: This story isn't yet finalized. Don't expect any further updates to this book until further notice.) In the year 2022, a VRMMORPG called Sword...
235K 3.2K 46
*ATTENTION* Sequel/series has been canceled and a remake will be made. Please be patient for it. Please read chapter labeled "Announcement" to get th...