Abhigya Stories Collection

By lazyakabookworm

anuanantha had asked me to post all of my Abhigya stories here, though I've posted the same stories with Rish... More

One-Liners of Each story
A Love So Pure
A Night Like This (OS)
All Roads Leads to You (OS)
Anchor
Andekhi Anjaani
Andekhi Anjaani : Epilogue
Arranged Marriage (OS)
Baaware Se Iss Jahaan Mein Baawara Ek Saath Ho
​Baby Series 1 - Always & Forever
Because You Are Mine (Adult 18+)
Being Yours...
Best Friend's Sibling Duology 1 - Wings Of Love
Best Friend's Sibling Duology 2 - Winds of Love
Bhabhi
Canvas & Notepad
Child Marriage 1 - Jab Miya Biwi...
Child Marriage 2 - Balika Vadhu/ Child Bride
Child Marriage 3 - Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Cinderella
Destined To Be Yours... (OS)
Destiny
Dewar-Bhabhi Duology 1 : No Choice But Seduction
Dewar-Bhabhi Duology 2 : Gentle Rogue
Diamonds In The Sky
Dor
Dreaming of You
Dude & Beauty Series 1 : The Dude & The Ordinary Girl
Dude & Beauty Series 2 : The Beauty & The Admirer
Dumb & Dumber
Engagement Trilogy 1 : Mohabbat Ho Na Jaye
Engagement Trilogy 2 - Raabta
Engagement Trilogy 3 : Thode Badmaash
Enigma
Every Wish
Fallen
Fire & Ice (OS)
Forbidden Love
Give Me Tonight
Handcuffed!!!
He Said He Loved Me
Hearts Aflame
Hijack
Hooks & Crooks
Humsafar
In Her Love
Insane Hearts
Intezaar
Jaan-E-Mann
Just A Kiss Away
Let Love Find You
Lollipop
Lonely Hearts
Lost & Clueless
Love Actually
Love Game
Love Trilogy 1 : Silent Love
Love Trilogy 2 : Sudden Love
Love Trilogy 3 : Stubborn Love
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Married To A Stranger
Messages In A Book
Mills & Boons Series 1 : Indecent Proposal
Mills & Boons Series 2 : The Mrs.
My Adorable Darling
My Adorable Weirdo
My Husband... My Boss
My Village Bella
Nanda
One Dark Night
One Night...
Pehla Nasha
Pirates of the Caribbean
Professor Student Series 1 - Mere Humsafar
Professor Student Series 2 - Woh Humsafar
Professor Student Series 3 - Ban Gayi Woh Humsafar
Punar Vivaah
Rishta
Rooth Na Jaana
Say You Love Me
Secret Admirer
Someone To Watch Over Me
Stranger in My Arms
Suddenly You
Sundara & Sundari
Suhag Raat
Sweet Talk
Tere Liye.../ For You...
The Elevator
The Ex
The Fake Girlfriend
The Hired Wife
The Long Way Home
The Magic Of You
The Moon Series 1 : Lonely Moon
The Moon Series 2 : Sun & Moon
The Office
The Proposal
The Stranger in My Life
Tu Hi Tu / You & Only You
Twin Series 1 : Sum of All Kisses
Twin Series 2 : Sweet Nothings
Twin Series 3 : Sangemarmar
Twin Series 4 - Hum Bewafa Hargiz Na The
Unakkenna Venum Sollu/ Tell Me What You Need
Undeserving Love
Valentine's Day
Wedding Vows
Wet Dreams, Naked Thoughts & Dirty Talks
When Love Awaits
You & Me
You Are Mine

Mangetar

4.4K 243 42
By lazyakabookworm

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on Because You Are Mine and showing the lovely support and encouragement for it. Thank you so much.

hakuna_matata_03 had asked whether a story with the lead couple being engaged since childhood and knowing about their engagement was my story. It was not, but I was kind of intrigued by the idea and thought of writing something on that. and this is the story I came up with.

I really wanted to write a short One shot like, I used to write earlier. So this is a pretty small story, it is not even a story, rather random musings.

Ready for the morning, Pragya was walking to the kitchen. Since her college exams were over, she was free nowadays and she had been lazing around her house and meeting up her friends whiling away her time. feeling an itch on her ring finger, she looks at her finger and scratches her finger around her engagement ring.

She has been engaged to Abhi since she was 4 years old and he, 10 years old. He is her father's best friend's son. And it's been 19 years since their engagement. She fidgets with her tight ring. Lately, it has become so tight that it was starting to pain her but she didn't want to remove her ring just yet. She was about to reach the kitchen when she overhears her mother talk to her father.

"Did you see the newspaper?"

She could make out her mother was irritated. She wondered what could be in the newspaper.

"Yes. Did Pragya see it?" she heard her father ask.

"She hasn't woken up yet."

"You tell her, before she sees it." Her father tells her mother.

"Okay. You remove the paper before she sees it. I don't want her to see the photo."

Curious, Pragya hurries to the living room before her parents spots her. She takes the newspaper and runs out of the house. Finally, reaching her usual place where she meets her friends, she starts going through it. Then she spots the news on the Page 3 section of the paper. Her eyes widen in shock seeing the news.

Abhishek Prem Mehra dating Tanu Kapoor?

There was a photo of Abhi standing with actress Tanu almost hugging her. she was leaning on his chest while he held her. it was a photo clicked at the party he had attended the previous day. she quickly starts reading the news and it had mentioned how the powerful businessman Abhishek Prem Mehra had been dating Tanu Kapoor for months now and there would be a wedding announcement soon, revealed an unnamed source close to the happy madly in love couple.

Pragya takes her mobile to call Abhi.

"PRAGYA!"

Pragya turns to the sound and sees her best friend, Disha come running to her, holding the same newspaper. Along with her, even Aaliyah was there. Pragya mentally sighs seeing Aaliyah.

"I saw." Pragya informs her.

"Are you okay, Pragya?" Disha asks her in concern.

Pragya nods.

"Did you talk to jeeju?"

"Not yet." Pragya replies.

"It was just a matter of time." Aaliyah tells her in fake sympathy.

"Stop it, Aaliyah." Disha scolds her.

"This is not the first time it is happening. Every time he and his family make up some story and convince your father. This time, it is with photo proof."

"Photos can be lying too. You can morph photos." Disha argues vehemently.

"Yeah right!" Aaliyah scoffs. "You should realize, Pragya. your wedding was fixed by your parents. He doesn't need to or have to fulfill that promise that was given on his behalf by his parents without even consulting him. The earlier you realize that the better."

"Mind your own business, Aaliyah." Disha tells her angrily.

"No, I care for her. I don't want her to get hurt. After all he is the super-rich and famous Abhishek Prem Mehra, who can have the pick of the women like this Tanu Kapoor for example. She is an actress. And you.... Pragya, he is born and brought up in Mumbai while you have always lived in Bareilly. He would want to marry someone from his social status and stature. And even if he married you, it would only be a compromise and he wouldn't truly be happy with you."

"Just because she doesn't say anything to you doesn't mean you should talk crap to her." Disha tells her angrily.

"I care for her. if he is not happy with her then how will she be happy with him? And Pragya deserves better than a cheating husband."

"I need to make a call, Aaliyah. If you will excuse me." Pragya tells her politely hiding her anger.

"Call, Pragya." Aaliyah tells her, not making any moves to leave.

Sighing, Pragya looks away as she took her mobile and dialed Abhi's number. She hears the phone ringing and it was cut on the second ring. Her heart starts beating fast.

"He didn't answer?" Aaliyah asks seeing Pragya hanging up the phone and getting up to leave.

"I need to go." Pragya tells Disha.

Disha nods.

"Don't waste your life on him, Pragya." Aaliyah tells her in faking sympathy.

Pragya ignores her and runs home.

Pragya runs into her house and sees her father sitting in the living room. he looks up at her.

"You saw?" Raghuveer asks her softly seeing her holding the missing newspaper.

Pragya nods as she dropped the newspaper on the table.

"I was going to call Tej." Raghuveer informs her.

"It's okay. you don't have to call to discuss this, Baba." Pragya informs him and runs to the kitchen.

"Pragya, are you okay?" Sarala asks her in concern.

"I am fine, Ma. I want to cook." Pragya tells her.

"Okay." Sarala smiles at her as she caressed her cheek. then she leaves the kitchen.

Before starting to cook, Pragya takes her mobile and calls Abhi again.

**********

Abhishek was very busy in a meeting, giving out instructions and blasting his employees every now and then when he hears his mobile ring. Irritated, he turns his attention to his phone and it flashes 'Pragya calling'. He cuts the call and turns his attention back to the meeting.

Couple of minutes later, he was in deep discussion when he hears his phone ring. In irritation he turns to cut the call when he notices the caller. Tanu Kapoor Calling.

He hesitates for a few seconds, then he answers the call.

"Yeah?"

"Hello, Abhishek... Tanu here." Tanu worriedly tells him.

"I know."

"Did you see the papers?" Tanu asks him worriedly.

Abhishek closes his eyes in irritation. He really had no time for this shit now. "I do read the newspaper."

"You've to do something, Abhishek. My phone has been ringing since morning."

"There is nothing I want to do, okay?" Abhishek tells her irately. "I am not going to give this any undue importance."

"I am seeing someone and I am supposed to meet his family this weekend. They are very conservative. They already have issues with me being an actress and this..."

"Tanu, I have better things to do than answer to gossips. If you are so concerned about it, then deal with it." Abhishek tells her sternly and hangs up the phone.

Dropping the phone on the table, he continues with the discussion.

**********

After finishing up all the meetings, Abhishek was walking out of his office when his mobile starts ringing. He checks his phone and sees 'Pragya Calling.'

"Sir?" Raaj calls him.

Abhishek turns to him as he came to a stop.

"Sir, we haven't made a decision on the proposal from the Bansal's." Raaj tells him as he ran towards him.

Abhishek checks his watch and tells in irritation as he started walking. "I'm getting late. You come with me. we'll discuss it in the Chopper. The chopper will bring you back." Abhishek tells him as he cut Pragya's call and slipped his mobile into his pants pocket.

"Okay, Sir." Raaj tells him as he hurried with him to the helipad. Then he started briefing in on Abhishek with the proposal.

********

"When will you be back, Sir?" Raaj asks Abhishek as Abhishek got out of the chopper.

"Day after." Abhishek replies as he took his mobile to call Robin to get his location.

"Okay, sir. Bye Sir."

Without replying, Abhishek walks to his waiting car while his driver took his overnight bag from his hand.

********

As the car came to a stop, Abhishek gets out of the car leaving his suit jacket back in the car, his eyes on her, as she sat by waiting for him. It was a plot that belonged to his family for generations, with just the ruins of an old haveli that none of his family members thought it important to renovate or demolish. This is where they had always met for privacy.

Seeing his legs next to her, Pragya looks up happily and sees him. He sits down before she could stand up. He side-hugs her and kisses her cheek lovingly.

"I thought you were going to come from this side." Pragya tells him happily pointing at the direction she was facing.

"I know your every thought." Abhi whispers to her with a loving smile.

Pragya giggles happily. "Yeah right! I called you thrice."

"What have I told you about the time when I cut your call?" Abhi asks her.

"That you are trying to finish your work so you can get to me as soon as you can." Pragya tells him smiling.

"And you wasted 3 seconds of our time. I could have been here 3 seconds earlier."

"You are crazy." Pragya giggles.

Abhi chuckles.

"What if it was an emergency?"

"Have I ever not answered when you called for emergency?" Abhi asks her.

"No." Pragya smiles. "But how do you know when it is emergency and when it is not?"

"I have my ways." Abhi cheekily tells her.

Pragya makes a face at him. "I called to tell you that I am fine and you don't have to worry. If you were busy then not to bother coming to see if I am fine."

"Till I see you, I wouldn't believe it." Abhi tells her as he held her hand.

Pragya lovingly keeps her hand on his.

"She just reached the party seconds before me and she was about to slip. I just held her to steady her."

"I assumed as much." Pragya tells him smiling.

"I knew you wouldn't misunderstand. But I still had to see you."

Pragya smiles at him.

"Why wouldn't you let me handle that Aaliyah?" Abhi asks her frowning.

"How did you know?" Pragya asks him surprised. "Does Disha spy on me for you?" Pragya asks suspiciously.

"I have my spies all around you, love." Abhi tells her cheekily.

"One of these days, I am going to find your spies." Pragya challenges him.

"For years you haven't found even one. What are you going to find now?" Abhi teases her.

Pragya looks away making a face.

"They are there to keep you safe."

"You are not an underworld don or a King that you have to protect me."

"I am not." Abhi agrees. "But you are no less than a princess."

Pragya blushes hearing that.

"So, Aaliyah..." Abhi reminds her.

"We back on that?" Pragya asks sighing.

"Yes."

"She is just a jealous vicious girl. You are one of the most eligible bachelors of the country and she can't digest that you love me. she knows that you love me but she just can't accept it."

"All it would take me is a phone call, Pragya. actually, not even that."

"Whatever she says doesn't affect me, because I know you. she is just a jealous girl. And you are above her. she doesn't deserve your attention or thought."

Abhi shakes his head at her.

Letting go off her hand, Abhi puts his hand in his pocket and brings out a small tube. He takes her hand and opening the tube, he squeezes the cream on her ring finger. Massaging the cream onto her finger, he gently removes the ring.

"Give me your chain." Abhi tells her as he turned to her.

Pragya gives her back to him, as she pulled her hair to the side. Abhi removes the chain and carefully holds both ends. Then he slips in the ring into the chain, and it slides down and joins the other three rings in various sizes. Abhi puts the chain back on her neck and hooks it.

"It's pretty damn silly to wear the rings like this." Abhi tells her.

"I want them with me all the time." Pragya tells him.

"I know." Abhi replies.

Looking down, he starts tugging on his ring to remove it. It was so tight that it didn't budge. Pragya quickly snatches his hand and brings it towards her. she takes the tube that he had left on the ground between them and squeezes the cream on his hand.

"If only you showed yourself half the care that you show me." Pragya mutters irately.

"You are there to care for me." Abhi tells her smiling.

Pragya smiles and tries to remove the ring. It was still stuck. "This is so tight. You should have removed it earlier."

"You liked your ring so much. And yours weren't tight the last time we met."

"Still..." Pragya frowns as she put more cream for his finger. It took her a little struggle but finally she was able to remove it.

Abhi pulls out his chain from inside his shirt and removes it by taking it over his head.

"You don't have to wear it. You know." Pragya tells him as she watched him unhook it.

His chain was similar to hers but longer as he wasn't very comfortable wearing gold chains.

"You wear, I wear." Abhi tells her smiling as she put the ring in the chain and it joined the other rings. Hooking the chain, Abhi puts it back on his neck.

Abhi takes out the ring box from his pocket and opens it to show Pragya. there were two rings snuggling in the box.

"You wanted these, right?" Abhi asks her.

Pragya smiles as she caressed the ring. "Yes. Exactly these."

Abhi smiles and takes out the rings. Handing one to her and one he takes. He puts out his palm to her. Pragya keeps her hand on his palm. Abhi slips in the ring. Then Pragya puts out her palm for him, and he keeps his hand on hers. She slips in the ring. They look at each other smiling happily. Abhi moves to her and kisses her cheek. Pragya kisses his cheek. then she was about to touch her lips to his.

"Not here, Pragya." Abhi whispers to her.

Blushing shyly, Pragya hugs him. Abhi hugs her happily.

Hearing his mobile ring, they break apart.

"Sorry, I forgot to switch it off." Abhi tells her as he took his mobile out of his pocket.

Tanu Kapoor Calling. Pragya sees the screen light up.

Abhi was about to cut the call when Pragya holds his hand.

"Disha is a big fan of Tanu Kapoor. Next week is her birthday. Can you ask her for an autograph?" Pragya asks him excitedly.

Abhi sighs and reminds her in embarrassment. "Pragya, I am one of the biggest businessman of the country."

Pragya chuckles hearing him.

Sighing, Abhi answers the call and puts it on speaker.

"Hello Abhishek?"

"Hello Tanu... where are you?" Abhishek asks her.

"I am home." Tanu replies a little confused at the strange question.

"If in an hour one of my men come to your house with a photo of yours, will you autograph it?"

"What?" Tanu asks shocked out of her wits.

"And can you address it to Disha and wish her 'Happy Birthday'?"

"Okay... sure... if you want I'll even make a video wishing her."

Abhi turns to Pragya and sees her smiling ear to ear.

"Thank you." Abhishek tells her.

"But Abhishek, you have to help me. my boyfriend's parents are having second thoughts about me. I love him a lot. And I want to marry him with their blessings. Please, just release a statement or something. My PR agency is taking care of it from my side. If you could also do it..."

"Releasing a statement is just going to make the media all the more determined. If you ignore it, it will die down in a week or two." Abhishek tells her.

"Please, Abhishek. I just don't want my name attached to anyone else's."

"Trust me, Tanu. I have been there and the first time I did that, that rumor lasted for months. The second link up onwards when I ignored it, it died down quickly."

"But..."

"You are used to this. You know how all this works."

"That time, I wasn't in love or was going to get married." Tanu helplessly tells him.

Abhi was about to say something when Pragya snatches the phone from him.

"Hello?" Pragya tells her.

"Hu... hello, who is this?" Tanu asks shocked.

"Hi, I am Pragya, Abhishek's fiancé."

"Fiancé?" Tanu asks shocked.

"Yes. You don't worry, no one will ever connect you to Abhi. There won't be any more news or rumors surrounding him and you. I promise you." Pragya tells her.

"Oh... thank you." Tanu replies still confused and not sure.

"I'll give the phone to Abhi." Pragya tells her and hands the phone to Abhi.

Sighing, Abhi takes the phone.

"Tanu..." Abhishek starts.

"Abhishek, if you announce your engagement..." Tanu starts to say.

Abhishek cuts her off. "Pragya just made a promise to you." Abhishek reminds her. "And I'll uphold it." Abhishek vows.

"Thank you." Tanu says relieved. "Okay then."

"Tanu, wait..." Abhishek quickly tells her.

"Yes?"

"I need a favor from you."

"Yes, anything."

"I want another autograph too."

"Okay."

"On a tissue paper."

"Tissue paper?"

"I don't care if it is used too."

"What?" Tanu asks shocked.

Pragya hits her head in exasperation.

"Just address it as 'For Abhishek's Pragya's friend, Aaliyah'."

Tanu chuckles and asks, "Is she Pragya's bitchy friend?"

"Yes." Abhishek replies and quickly hangs up.

"Aaliyah is vicious and petty." Pragya tells him in a disapproving tone. "And you are..."

"You wouldn't let me handle her. So, I have to be petty." Abhi shrugs as he scrolled through his phone.

"What are you going to do about the rumors? You can stop it, right?" Pragya asks him.

"Did you think about it before making the promise?" Abhi asks her.

"No."

"Then don't think about it now too. Consider it done." Abhi tells her smiling.

Pragya smiles hearing that.

Then he dials a number. As soon as the call was picked he tells the person on the other side. "There is a rumor in the media about Tanu and me. I want it stopped this instant. No media, print or visual should have our names linked ever. Don't care what deal or blackmailing you have to do; I want it done."

"Why couldn't you do this in the morning itself?" Pragya asks him shocked after he hangs up. "That poor thing has been going through hell all day."

"I didn't want to waste my resources on such silly issues. There were more important works to be done in my office." Abhi replies shrugging.

Pragya takes a sharp breath, "Not everybody's in-laws are going to be understanding like yours."

"If her fiancé can't stand up for her to his parents then I think she should reconsider."

"we don't know them. we don't know their relation, their family dynamics. We shouldn't judge." Pragya tells him.

"Okay, love." Abhi gives in. "Let's go home. I am hungry."

They stand up together.

"You shouldn't skip your meals." Pragya tells him frowning.

"I knew I was coming here and I wanted to eat something that you cooked." Abhi tells her. "And I was so busy today, I didn't have time to drink even water."

"This is not done, Abhi." Pragya tells him frowning as she held his hand and started walking.

"Did you eat?" Abhi asks her.

"No."

"You didn't know when I was going to reach. You shouldn't stay hungry like that." Abhi tells her frowning.

"But I knew you were coming." Pragya tells him smiling as she wrapped her hand around his.

Shaking his head, they start walking. Since it was just a short distance to her house, they walk like usual. As they walked, Abhi listening to Pragya talk, he turns around to look for Robin and his men, who have been tailing Pragya for years now, ever since he had been pegged as one of the most successful and richest businessman of the country. He sees them, following them inconspicuously.

"What happened?" Pragya asks him curiously.

Abhi shakes his head at her, he didn't want to snatch away Pragya's freedom by restricting her movements or treating her like a delicate doll in front of her friends by having her own personal security. So this was what he could do without her knowledge, as he knew if she realized that she had bodyguards then she would be really uncomfortable.

*******

"When I saw the news itself, I did suspect that you would be coming today." Raghuveer tells Abhishek with a smile as they walked in.

Abhishek smiles at him.

"When this kaamchor went to cook itself, I was sure that you were coming." Sarala tells Abhishek smiling happily.

"Abhi is hungry. You can talk after he has his food." Pragya tells her parents. "Come, Abhi." Pragya tells him as she led him to the kitchen.

They sat in the kitchen and had their food, feeding each other.

*******

At night, Pragya and Abhi walks into the one of the guest bedroom of her house. Removing the bedsheet, they start rolling the mattress.

"You can sleep here. I don't like that you are sleeping in the living room." Pragya tells him frowning.

"If I sleep here then I am going to be tempted to sneak you in or sneak into your room. Living room, at least I can stop myself by saying that if one of your parents comes out and find me missing then we would be in trouble." Abhi tells her.

Pragya blushes hearing him.

"Come here." Abhi tells her as he crooked his finger at her.

Blushing, Pragya leans towards him, and he leans towards her and takes her lips in his.

Sometime later, Abhi walks to the living room with the mattress while Pragya followed him with fresh sheets and pillow. They make the bed. Abhi lies on the bed while Pragya sat next to him facing him. With one hand pillowing his head while with the other, he holds her hand over his chest.

"How is everyone at home?" Pragya asks him.

"How are they?" Abhi asks her back. "You talk to them more than me."

Pragya chuckles. "Mummyji was saying that you are working too much now."

Abhi smiles and kisses her hand.

"Don't overwork like this, Abhi."

"Okay." Abhi smiles at her.

"Disha is going to be so excited when she gets the autograph and the video wish." Pragya tells him excited.

Abhi smiles as he lovingly caressed her cheek.

Tanu had whatsapp-ed the video wishing Disha to Abhi earlier and someone had collected the autographs from Tanu too. Now, when the chopper returned to pick him up, the autographs would be delivered to her.

"I want to see Aaliyah's reaction when she sees the autograph." Pragya giggles.

Abhi chuckles. "I don't know why you even entertain her."

"She is Disha's cousin. We can't ignore her."

"You can."

"I am not arrogant and ruthless like you." Pragya tells him.

Abhi laughs hearing that.

Feeling tired, Pragya lies next to him. They talked for a while about random things. The moment she slept off, he knew. He turns to her and lovingly kisses her forehead. Then he lay with her for a few minutes.

Realizing that her proximity was making his thoughts travel to dangerous territory, he sits up, and then carrying her in his arms, he stands up to take her to her room.

"She slept?" Raghuveer asks as he stepped out of his bedroom with his wife.

Abhishek nods as he cradled her on his arms.

"I was talking to Tej, we should announce your engagement." Raghuveer tells Abhishek in a soft voice, so as to not disturb Pragya.

"No, Baba. I'll not bring her out to the world till I am by her side always." Abhishek whispers to him softly.

"You are taking it too far, Abhishek." Sarala gently tells him.

"How many times do you see my photo on the Page 3 in a month?" Abhishek asks her.
"We understand that. But you can't always protect her."

"I can and I will. I will not have the paparazzi hound her like they hound me."

"Being your wife, she is going to be in the glares of the media. There is no escaping it." Raghuveer tells him.

"I know that but that time I'll be with her. not so far away like now." Abhishek stubbornly tells him.

Realizing there was no use, Raghuveer sighs giving up.

"At least, these unnecessary link up rumors will stop." Sarala tells him.

"How many baseless gossips are there about married men?" Abhishek asks her in reply.

"Today I was worried that Pragya would be upset with the photo." Sarala tells him.

"She knows me." Abhishek replies. "Do you have any doubts on me?" Abhishek was not one to beat around the bush.

"We trust you with our only daughter." Raghuveer tells him.

Abhishek nods and was about to walk to Pragya's room when he stops and frowning he turns to Raghuveer. "Pragya was saying you are postponing the wedding for two years because of some dosh in kundali."

"Yes." Raghuveer replies.

"I don't believe in all that. neither does Pragya."

"We do." Sarala tells him.

Abhishek sighs. "There could be some solution to it. Some puja or something."

When they looked at each other unsurely, Abhishek tells him, "Anyway I am here tomorrow. Please find out what is the solution, we will do it tomorrow itself. Whatever you need, it will be here tomorrow. In case you need more than one day, let me know, I will extend my trip. I want us to get married at least by the end of this year."

Raghuveer nods.

"It will be so sad to see her go away." Sarala says feeling a little sad.

Abhishek frowns at her and reminds her, "For 23 years, I have been staying away from her."

Knowing there was no way in winning against their futute son-in-law when the matter was their daughter, they both gave up.

********

Abhi gently places Pragya on the bed. He pulls the cover over her and gently tucks her in. he lovingly caresses her cheek. seeing her hair flying around, he tucks it behind her ear. He smiles at her sleeping form lovingly.

It had all started when he had come with his parents to meet the new born baby of his father's best friend. He had been fascinated with the new born baby. then they kept meeting every holiday for family trips. They would be inseparable then. When the time comes for them to part, they both would be heartbroken. They hated being apart and always waited for holidays so they could meet. Things took a turn when they had attended the wedding of a common friend of their fathers.

And he had rallied against their parents demanding that they get Pragya married to him. Pragya, who always followed his lead, had supported him. They had thrown such a tantrum for 5 continuous days, not listening to their parents' argument on a marriage being illegal and illogical. But they had stood their ground. Finally, they had come to a compromise that they would get them engaged and when they grow up they will get them married. Their parents convinced Pragya, and he did everything that Pragya told him to, so he gave in. and at the age of ten and four, they both promised to be with each other lifelong. Their parents half expected them to laugh off the engagement as a joke as they grew older but the years between then and now, had only made their conviction and vow, stronger and firmer.

They had exchanged their rings in the presence of their parents and his Dadi.

"From now on, you should take care of him, Pragya." his Dadi had said in a half joking, half serious tone.

At the age of ten itself, he was the egoistic, arrogant and madly in love, man that he is today. and he had frowned at his Dadi. "Pragya is small and I am big. I will take care of and protect my Pragya."

While their parents and his Dadi had chuckled, the one that mattered, Pragya, had beamed in joy.

"I will always protect you, take care of you and keep you safe, Pragya." he had vowed with a kiss on her cheek.

Abhi chuckles remembering that incident. When he was small, he remembered his dadi telling him about the story of a King whose life was in a parrot. People called him arrogant, ruthless and egoistic. He knew they were right. He was all that. but just like that King, even his life was in this innocent girl sleeping so peacefully in front of him. Abhi leans down and kisses her forehead.

"I love you, my jaan." Abhi whispers.

*** The End ***

I always wanted to write a story on a larger than life hero, a worldly ruthless and arrogant businessman whose undoing was an innocent village girl.

Hope you guys found this random incident from an engaged couple's life. Please leave your comments and vote.

- Lazy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.9K 2.6K 4
When his brother runs away, RK has to step in as the groom and marry Madhubala. Cover Courtesy : ImOrginal aka Nithya
44.6K 1.7K 4
A crazy story dealing with a crazy couple. Cover Courtesy : ImOrginal aka Nithya
32.3K 719 1
Journey of a couple from marriage to love to their newborn baby. Cover Courtesy : ImOrginal aka Nithya
134K 5.9K 13
Madhu has been in love with her best friend's brother who seemed oblivious about her till one day he is forced to take care of her, and things change...