Hidden Desire book 1 (Un)Cont...

By monkeybreath

Gabriel Corbett, a straight writer of gay romance, clings to control as if his life depended on it. Plain loo... More

Chapter 1. "Gabriel; plain and tall."
Chapter 2. A ridiculous proposition.
Chapter 3. "No way you're bi!"
Chapter 4. "It's a me thing and not a you thing."
Chapter 5. "Let's put theory into practice, shall we?"
Chapter 6. Three strikes, you're out.
Chapter 7. Unexpected support.
Chapter 9. "I will follow the Prime Directive."
Chapter 10. Red Alert.
Chapter 11. Sweet and Sour.
Chapter 12. Equilibrium.
Chapter 13. "Rich people sure are different."
Chapter 14. 'Evil Salad.'
Chapter 15. 'Marked.'
Chapter 16. Potential.
Chapter 17. Signing the agreement.
Chapter 18. Lincoln Danvers.
Chapter 19. 'Daddy issues'.
Chapter 20. Floor etiquette.
Chapter 21. Compromise.
Chapter 22. Room with a View.
Chapter 23. first Contact.
Chapter 24. A thrice marked Sub.
Chapter 25. 'Pajamas meltdown'.
Chapter 26. Good vibrations.
Chapter 27. 'Hello my Dear.'
Chapter 28. 'Harry's House of Subs.'
Chapter 29. 'The Talk'.
Chapter 30. Crossing boundaries.
Introducing the Cast.
Chapter 31. Meeting the competition.
Chapter 32. Upgrades and cherry cheesecake.
Chapter 33. A five second negation.
Chapter 34. Rainbows and Teddy bears.
Chapter 35. 'Angel down'
Chapter 36. 'Love Bites'.
Chapter 37. "Sneak attack and retaliation."
Chapter 38. Bones.

Chapter 8. Getting corrected.

592 41 5
By monkeybreath

Briel spend the rest of his Sunday behind the laptop studying the Club Kink website. He wanted to lit the Bergamot and Amberwood scented candle Giorgio gifted him, but had a change of heart when Benny Googled the Brand and told him it costs eighty dollars. It now had a safe place in his wardrobe. His books would smell beautiful.

Briel didn't ask Benny his opinion on what to do, because he already knew it. His friend would urge him to take the next step in favor of his development. That reminded him too much of the words Conrad told him, that Kincade could help him grow. He resented the implications.

So maybe he had issues and liked to stick to things that were familiar to him. Did that really mean he needed someone else to step in and control his life in order for him to grow? It seemed like a funny way to empower a person.

One thing that stood out while reading the website and pleased him to bits, was the rule that the submissive partner always needed to give his consent before the dominant partner could act. Meaning that if he drew crystal clear lines, he wouldn't have to worry too much about Kincade's actions. If things did go wrong he could simply safeword and they would renegotiate.

Armed with a list of hard-limits Briel stepped into the foyer of the Conlink building feeling his heart beating in his throat. He signed in as a visitor at the reception and was announced before he could enter the elevator.

Startled by the sudden appearance of Olive when the doors opened, he stepped back and stumbled. A small gasp escaped her when she reached down to help him up. The look on her face was more compassionate than the last time he was here and he wondered what made the difference.

"I'm glad to see that you're willing to give him another chance", she said with a piercing stare", But be sure that I'll be watching you like a hawk."

Her words were nowhere meant as funny, but it took the edge of Briel's nerves.

"Lady, I'm just here for the coffee", he said with raised hands.

Olive produced a small smile.

"Nice to hear you have a sense of humor. You'll need it."

Instead of going to Kincade's office, she led him past the rows of cubicles he saw last time and stopped at one in the corner.

"This will be your workstation", pointing at his desk. "I've arranged you a position as junior assistant. Here's the details of your job description and the work contract. Please read both thoroughly. After you bring me the signed contract I'll put you to work.

Briel placed his backpack in the corner under his desk and hung his coat on a hook conveniently attached to the wall of his cubicle. He had been so worked up thinking he would have to face Kincade that this was actually a most welcome breather. Reading the job description he shook his head. Simple office work, nothing offensive and well within his capability. On a personal level he would have to interact with and adhere to his senior co-workers and the work-related instructions they'd give him. That might be a slight issue.

The contract was a more interesting read. It actually offered him the option for an interview to change his temporary contract into a permanent one. The benefits listed bordered on ridiculous. Was this a contract or a honeytrap? But if Kincade wanted to pay him twenty-five dollars an hour, who was he to refuse? Scrutinizing the whole document with care, he couldn't find anything that could hurt him, so he signed it.

"Here you are, Miss Walker", Briel said politely handing Olive the document.

"Any questions about the work?" she asked checking the contract for his signature.

"None so far", Briel shook. "Who would I ask if I did?"

"Paul, our floor manager, is in the cubicle next to yours. He'll be able to answer most of your questions should they arise. Otherwise you can come to me."

She handed him two folders.

"Copy this and hand it to Andrea."

Briel read the post-it on top with all the information he needed to know and nodded.

"Will do."

The rest of the afternoon, Briel spend carrying out a variety of little jobs that had him visit almost every cubicle in the office. He was prepared for funny looks or snide remarks, but everybody was very friendly, giving instructions mostly through post-its and respecting his contact-limits.

So far no sign of Kincade. Happily sipping his 'Bright' coffee he could care less at this point.

Shutting of his computer at six he waved at the other people leaving the office and knocked on Olive's door.

"I'm off. See you Thursday."

He almost made his getaway when he heard a familiar voice call out.

"Is that Gabriel? Send him in."

Sitting behind his desk with his sleeves rolled up, Kincade looked like the stereotype of a hard working professional. Briel rolled his eyes. 'Did the man ever look frumpy or disheveled?'

"What's with that look?" he caught Briel in mid-thought.

"I just wondered why my position was changed from personal intern to junior assistant", Briel answered, praising himself for his quick thinking.

"Hm", Kincade mumbled observing him closely. "Your available hours didn't meet the requirements for being my personal intern. I had Olive change it thinking that this position will benefit your social skills. Besides that it will look good on your resume after you graduate next month."

"You really milked Benny for all his worth, didn't you?" Briel said, annoyed when Kincade smiled.

"I didn't have to milk him for anything. Your tiny friend was quite forthcoming with his information about you."

Briel would have given anything to wipe the grin of his face and clenched his fists.

"Now don't give me that death-glare, Angel", Kincade coaxed. "We're about to embark on a wonderful journey together and there's really no need for all this hostility."

He stood up rolling down his sleeves and put on his suit jacket.

"First we'll get you a change of clothes so I can take you out to dinner and if there's time left we'll go up to the penthouse and discuss the list you've no doubt compiled."

Briel took a breath to protest.

"Stop right there", Kincade raised his hand. "Davis will collect you at ten and drive you back, so you'll be on time for lights out at eleven."

But Briel didn't give up that easily.

"Can't we have a working-dinner here in the office?"

"No", was the crushing and most definite response. "You put so much effort into your food-list that I'm eager to try it out. Since you accepted the job you'll need appropriate clothes and I promised you a place to keep them."

It all sounded so reasonable that Briel sighed, barely managing a sharp nod and followed Kincade with a scowl on his face.

Walking through a different part of the VIP mall that Briel saw Saturday he bit his lip. Kincade noticed and turned his full attention on him. It was most unnerving.

"Tell me."

Not liking the order Briel pursed his lips, but complied anyway. He needed answers.

"Since I'll be a junior assistant and working on my 'social skills', he air quoted sourly, "when will you guide me?"

"Tuesdays and Thursdays from six till ten and on the weekends", Kincade said without a hitch taking Briel by the elbow.

"This is the shop I wanted to show you."

Briel looked around trying hard not to be impressed. He couldn't remember the last time he bought clothes that didn't have a previous owner and deeply inhaled that new clothes smell. Even from a distance he noticed the quality of the products on display. 'So now he was the real life version of a dress me up Ken doll', he thought rolling his eyes.

"Good evening, Mr. Russell. My name is Janice", a salesclerk greeted them. "As per your arrangement, Mr. Goddeart is waiting in the back. I'll take Mr. Corbett right through so we can get started", she said with a confidant efficiency Briel admired, until she took him by the elbow and ushered him to a wide spaced dressing area.

A smartly dressed man, with a tape measure draped around his neck and several rectangular boxes at his feet, greeted him.

"Good evening, Mr. Corbett. My name is Luuk Goddeart. I'm here to fit you a temporary sole."

Briel felt the sharp pain of humiliation surge through his heart. Spinning on his heels he had every intention of storming off, only to hit a solid body behind him.

"Benny told me about the discomfort and pain you endure because of inadequate footwear", Kincade chided him with two hands gripping his upper arms. "This will not do."

Briel glared at him.

"This is for your health, Angel. Fight me on this and you will be punished", Kincade ended sternly.

Briel looked at him with gaping mouth.

"You'd whip me for something so insignificant?"

"Your wellbeing is not insignificant and be assured that I'll be looking out for it from this day forward."

A smug smirk appeared on his lips.

"Besides, whipping you was not what I had in mind. I think I found something far more efficient as punishment."

Raising his head Briel looked at him defiantly.

"And what's that?"

Kincade leaned closer until Briel could feel the warmth of his breath on his skin.

"I'll kiss you."

Briel broke away immediately looking shocked.

Kincade smiled. 'Oh yes, that would do the trick nicely.'

"Now let this good man do his job while I'll consult with Janice and make a selection for you to try on", turning around he left Briel still frozen to the floor.

Silently cursing out Benny for pointing out three of his sore spots to Kincade, he followed the instructions Mr. Goddeart gave him. Growing up his mother always made sure that he wore corrective footwear. Thanks to her care he didn't suffer from pelvic displacement. Coming to New York he could no longer afford the customized soles and orthopedic shoes so he bought the cheapest inlay soles and endured the muscle pains. He could almost hear the sigh of relief from his pelvic muscles when he stood straight for the first time in three years.

Placing his hands on Briel's hips, Mr. Goddeart nodded.

"Much better. This will also drastically improve your balance", he said pointing at the fading bruises on Briel's shins.

"Thank you, but I won't be able to wear this in my shoes", he admitted with bowed head.

"There will be no need for that", the man said collecting his gear. "I've send your specifications to the store and the 3D printer will have your sample ready in under an hour. My staff are already pre-selecting shoes that would fit so you can complete your outfit tonight. See you later, Mr. Corbett", he said stepping out and leaving behind a stunned Briel.

Janice pushed in two clothing racks with a large selections of clothes and pointed at the dressing room in the corner.

"Let's get started, shall we?"

Briel looked at the amount of clothes and shook his head.

"You've got to be kidding me, right? I thought I was here to pick one outfit. One! This looks like you brought me the whole store."

Letting his hands run past the clothes he noticed a wide variety in style. Knowing that Kincade wanted to dress him up, he decided that the quickest and easiest way out was to let him. Step one was to enter the dressing room.

"You sound grumpy", he heard Kincade say. "Hungry?"

Wiggling out of his clothes Briel let out a huff.

"Very", he admitted.

Playing the part of the predictable Dom perfectly he heard Kincade say:

"Shall we try to speed this up by letting me pick your outfit?"

Rolling his eyes Briel pretended to protest.

"Can I still say no if I hate it?" which he doubted since all the clothes he saw were beautiful.

"Certainly."

"Then fine", he waited impatiently tapping his sock covered foot.

"I'll just be a moment."

Briel sank down on the chair in his dressing room. In for a penny, in for a pound.

"Here I come", Janice said rolling in a small table with a stack of clothes on top. "Mr. Russell is picking out a outercoat and accessories."

Briel started with the dark blue jeans, followed by a light blue dress shirt which he covered with a round neck emerald green sweater and a slate gray jacket.

"How is it? Does everything fit?"

Briel stepped outside and spread his arms.

"Looks nice", he admitted noticing that Kincade was still absent.

"I'll roll up your jeans, so you can put on this belt."

Kincade returned with full hands. The first thing Briel noticed was the absolutely stunning blue leather backpack. Janice held up his steel gray outercoat which felt like an expensive wool/cashmere blend. It had a waist-high inner-coat that he could zip up and then close the buttons giving him a stylish look. The coat reached mid-thigh and looked good on him.

Kincade caught him admiring his reflection and he could not suppress a blush.

Putting on a stylish beanie and the leather backpack he looked like an upper class College student. Briel could hear Kincade hum with content.

"Will this do, Mr. Corbett?" he smiled looking at him through the mirror.

"Thank you for not picking a tie", Briel said not fully able to make eye-contact.

Feeling the expensive materials of his clothes and biting his lip he looked guiltily at Kincade.

"Will you allow me to change back into my own clothes before we eat? I'll be ever so worried that they'll get dirty."

Kincade studied him for a moment.

"I personally can vouch for my cleaning-service and I'm pretty sure that Mrs. Chen will be able to remove any stain out of every piece of your new outfit if necessary."

He checked his watch.

"Come. Let's find you some matching shoes and head up. Like you I'm famished."

His old clothes were neatly wrapped up and send to the penthouse.

While he waited for Kincade he drifted towards the impressive window display of watches next door. He never had the habit of wearing watches and mostly used his phone to tell the time, but he had to admit he liked the look of them.

"Pick one", Kincade said appearing behind him waving over a salesclerk.

"No way", he exclaimed, not able to see any price tags, but they probably were expensive.

Kincade narrowed his eyes.

"Pick one or I'll pick you five", he threatened with a smile.

"The blue one", he rushed out, shamefully staring at his worn out shoes while a salesclerk unlocked the display, placed the watch in a box and handed it to Kincade.

Making sure not to look at anything else they were finally heading to the shoe store. Something he really felt excited about. Mr. Goddeart was already waiting for them and proudly showed him the temporary sole.

"Based on the correction, we've made a selection of shoes I hope you will like. If you'll follow me."

Briel's eyes widened at the table filled with a wide variety of shoes and they all looked so normal.

Mr. Goddeart interpreted his surprise.

"I can assure you that these are all orthopedic shoes. With today's technology and a group of talented designers we've created an unique collection", he said proudly.

"Is there a pair you would like to try?" Kincade asked him taking the watch out of its box and reaching for his wrist.

His eyes slid over the brown leather half high boots and suppressed a longing sigh.

"Would sneakers be too casual?" he asked noticing a pair of simple white sneakers that looked easy to get into, frowning at Kincade's actions.

"First try one these", Kincade said pointing at the boots. "They'll serve you better during the winter", he nonchalantly added, smugly admiring the watch on Briel's wrist.

Briel liked the style, but never had been able to wear them. The high instep of the boots was not compatible with his elevated sole. However, Mr. Goddeart had selected it as a possibility and he really wanted to try them.

The man kneeled in front of him loosening up the laces.

"Don't worry", he said. "They'll fit like a glove."

Slipping into the boots and lacing them up effortlessly just like promised, Briel felt tears well up in his eyes.

"Walk around at bit", Mr. Goddeart advised. "How does it feel?"

"Like walking on air", Briel nodded no longer able to keep his tears from falling. "Can I use your bathroom?" he squeezed out turning to the back of the store, but Kincade caught him pulling him back.

Shielding him from onlookers he held Briel, feeling his sobs shake his body and leaning deeper into his embrace. When the shaking finally stopped he kissed him on the top of his head.

"Let's go, Angel. We're almost late for our dinner reservation."

"Right", Briel sniffed wiping away his tears. "I could probably finish a whole plate of french fries by myself", he boasted lifting his flushed face up to Kincade and smiled.

Kincade flinched. He didn't think that French Haute-Cuisine actually included french fries.

Mr. Goddeart discreetly placed a piece of paper in his hands. Kincade recognized the name of a Flemish restaurant situated on the second floor of the mall, but he never ate there.

Staring unsure at the note, he looked over at a beaming Briel and caved. 'His Angel wanted french fries and that was all that mattered.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454K 2.6K 11
[This is a mature piece of art WARNING]. Marlee's best friend Gloria a wild open party girl drags Marlee a soft heart kind quiet girl t...
455K 5.1K 40
Aria Willows is a strong-willed girl in a highly rated private school, where most of the kids are pushovers. She longs to find a guy who can handle h...
84.3K 2.2K 28
A different kind of love story. Two main characters, two point of views. IRL problems with sexuality and religion leave innocent catholic girl, Cassi...
719K 16K 128
(short chapters) He was like the Devil but his beauty on the outside made me weak. His whole being made me weak and I have no idea why. I hate him so...