𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝...

By kpara27

"I can't pretend anymore y/n." "Pretend what?" "That I'm not in love with you." In which y/n is auditioning f... More

Playing Pretend
~ one ~
~ two ~
~ three ~
~ four ~
~ five ~
~ six ~
~ seven ~
~ eight ~
~ nine ~
~ ten ~
~ eleven ~
~ thirteen ~
~ fourteen ~
~ fifteen ~
~ sixteen ~
~ seventeen ~
~ eighteen ~
~ nineteen ~
~ twenty ~
~ twenty one ~
~ twenty two ~
~ twenty three ~
~ twenty four ~
~ twenty five ~
~ twenty six ~
~ twenty seven ~
~ twenty eight ~
~ twenty nine ~
~ thirty ~
~ thirty one ~
~ thirty two ~
~ thirty three ~
~ thirty four ~

~ twelve ~

9.8K 292 1.4K
By kpara27

"You're joking right?" I ask in shock. There was no way I was about to drive at least four and a half hours to the Wesley Palace with Louis. Nope.
"Well do you want this or not? Being an actress. It is your dream right?"

Staring into his eyes gave me an odd feeling deep in my gut and I looked away before I felt it again.
"N-No it's not..." I lie, my grip on the handle of my suitcase tightening.

Louis looks at me with disbelief and chuckles, "Oh sure it is. I see the way you smile when someone mentions it. Or the way you start talking really fast when it comes up in conversation. You love acting."

How the hell-

"So come on now. Give me your duffel and hand bags. I can take them."

He holds out a hand and I bite the inside of my cheeks. Why on earth is he still trying to help me. I mean, I know I could use it but still. Him?

"I'm really fine-"

"Alright then," he steps forward and gently slides the bags off my shoulders. Once more I try to take them back but the boy got them.
"Come on."

Isn't it amazing? I've been here for what, twenty minutes? And he's already made me want to jam my head into a wall.

I follow alone side of Louis, and he manages to carry all his and my things just fine, which kinda made me feel pathetic for struggling.
"Just toss your suitcase in the back seat. The trunk is too small for everything," He says from across the roof of his car before opening his side and carefully placing in the luggage.

I sigh and open mine, setting the two suitcases on top of each other.
After getting everything loaded in, I shut his door and move to the passenger seat, which suddenly felt uncomfortable with how close it was to the driver.
Probably because I hate sitting next to Louis.

Oh wait no I just hate him in general. Well... do I hate him?

"Buckle up butter cup or I'm purposely driving us off the road," Louis jokingly threatens before fastening his seatbelt across his navy blue crew neck.
Morning Louis looks kinda cute with his messy hair, and sleepy eyes, and-

What the fuck am I saying?

Honestly I feel like I should say thank you or something. I mean the boy spent money on a ticket, and got up super early just so he could make it down here for the train.
But he knew I wouldn't make it so he stayed off? For me?

"Thanks for uh all this... I thought you would be angry-"

"Oh I'm pissed," he chuckles sarcastically, "Y/n chill out. I'm just proving a point."
I raise an eyebrow and tilt my head a bit, "And what reason would that be?"

"It's okay to ask for help. Had you let me carry your bags we wouldn't have been stuck in this car together."
He has a point.

"Well I really didn't need a ride-"

"Oh you didn't now?" He laughs a bit, putting in his car keys as he starts it up.
"No," I furrow my brows in annoyance, "I could've just called my dad to come get me so I can drive myself up."

The boy twists back to see behind him as he pulls out of the parking lot.
"Well do you want me to stop? You can hop out right now and do that."

"No! I- I'm just saying..."
"So you want to drive with me?"
"What? No I just- god if you wanna survive this car ride you might wanna shut up."

Louis changes the gear to drive and very slowly starts heading out. He had this tiny smile on his lips and quickly exchanged a wink at me.
"Eye eye captain."

I roll my eyes and look down at my pocket which had my AirPods and phone, and then quietly mumble "Moron."
My plan is simply to listen to music, and fall back asleep so I don't have to deal with Louis at all this whole trip.

I quick open Spotify and turn on my "sunrise" playlist which is basically full of calming, yet pretty songs that you could listen to while the sun rises.
The first one to play was "Atlantis" by Seafret and I carefully put in my headphones before clicking play.

Louis peeked at my phone for a second and then smiled as I saw his lips move.
"What?" I ask, pause the tune and pull the recliner, causing the chair to lay me down.
"Ooh is that Atlantis? I love that song," he repeats.

"Oh," I say, gently placing it back in and laying down on the seat and closing my eyes, "I do too..."

Before he could throw in another annoying word, I turned the volume up and closed my eyes. Finally I can tune out the bitchy, annoying, hot boy next to me.

~

I was suddenly woken up by a clasp of thunder rumbling through the sky. With a slight gasp I bite my lip and look outside at the storm, rain pouring down on the car.
We were... parked?

I take a deep breath to try and calm myself down from the storm, which appeared out of nowhere, and looked around to see Louis, outside the window and giving me a smile.

"Louis what's going on?"

The boy paused and opened the car door, "We're getting gas."

There was another clasp of thunder that rattled through the sky, and I jumped a bit more before squeezing my eyes shut.
"Oh my lord chill out Y/n it's just thunder."

I give him a little eye roll and then the gas stopped.

I look over at him as he takes the gas pump out of his car and then turns back to me, "I gotta go pay really quick. You want anything?"

Hm?
"Are you offering me like a snack?" I ask, rubbing my eyes again and yawning. The time on his car read nine. It's only been an hour and a half. Just another three and a half to go because taking a car takes slightly longer than a train.

"Answer before I change my mind."
"Okay okay fine! I'll just have... ooh give me some Cadbury's chocolate."

Louis nods and then takes a step back, "Okay I'll be right back. Don't freak out over the storm okay? It can't hurt you."

Then he looks at the building, and gives me a quick thumbs up before sprinting inside as fast as he could so he didn't get wet.
Someone's definitely in a good mood. There's no way he'd ever buy me sweets. Except for today I guess.

After waiting for around five minutes, I looked out to see him running back with bags of candy in his hand, and a water bottle.
"Jeez it's cold down here!" He shudders, chucking the bag of candy at me which causes it to slap me in the face.

"Ow what the hell!" I yell, as he shrugs and pulls open his bag, "Go back to sleep it's better when you aren't talking."

I roll my eyes and open my bag, "I guess our feelings are mutual then."

There's a moment of silence where I take out a small piece of the chocolate and lay back in the seat, slightly shivering. I don't know how it went from a clear sky to a storm after driving just one hour, but it did.

Louis looks over at me, and then sets his candy on his seat.

"One second," Louis opens the car door and hops out again.
"Wait where are you going?"

He opens the back door where our bags were and then unzipped one of his suitcases.
"Louis what are you-"

"Here."

He chucks a blanket at me, and it smashed against my face once more.
"Dude what's with you throwing things at my face today?" I ask in an irritant voice, laying the warm and soft blanket down on my lap.

"I don't know but it's fun. Now snuggle up 'cause we have over three hours left to go," he says, hopping back into the drivers seat.
I cannot help my smile. It just appears without my control.
"Stop getting along with me. I hate this. It feels so wrong."

I admit, laying down and resting the soft blanket on top of me. It had a light scent of mint and vanilla, and boy was I cozy.

"Okay fine," he says, slowly pulling out from the gas station and driving back up onto the highway.

I pop in some more chocolate before turning my music on again and placing the AirPods back in my ears.

"Oh and by the way," Louis stops me from falling asleep again. I take out an AirPod and look up at him, "What?"

"You snore when you sleep."

"What!" I yell, my eyes flying open. He laughs a little and nods.
"Oh you should hear yourself. It's atrocious. You sound like a dying cow."

He laughs harder and harder as my face turns redder and redder.
That's embarrassing.

"Oh whatever Partridge," I scoff, closing my eyes once more and snuggling up with his blanket.

~

"Y/n!" I hear a super loud yell directly into my ear.
"Shit!" I scream, my eyes flying open and my instincts quickly slap someone across the face. My heart skipped a couple beats until I saw Louis, laughing and holding a hand to his cheek.

"Wow you have a solid slap!" He jokes, snatching my chocolate from me and tossing a few pieces into his mouth.
"Louis why the bloody hell did you wake me up?"

He shrugs and hands me the bag once more. We were at another gas station, but this time were in the parking lot.
"I have to use the bathroom. I wanted to wake you up to see if you did too?"

I roll my eyes and groan before covering my face with his blanket and laying back down on the seat.
"If I'm asleep how am I supposed to know if I have to use the restroom? And did you have to do that so brutally?"

He once more shrugs and runs a hand through his chocolate hair, "Yes. But suit yourself. I'll be back soon. We only have around one hour left to go."

The boy runs off to the building, leaving me with the heater running and the blanket covering me.
It gives me a weird feeling to 'get along with him.'
Because obviously we aren't really getting along, I mean he's screaming in my ear, I'm slapping him, he's chucking candy at my face, I'm ignoring him with music.

But it didn't feel like we meant any of it in a mean way. It felt like a different kind of way.

I quick opened my phone and scrolled on TikTok for a bit, before I got a text from somebody.

Connor.

_______________________________
Connor💓

Connor💓
how was the train ride babe?

Y/n
I actually missed the train😬

Connor💓
Wait what? But snap map says your driving??

Y/n
Louis and I drove up together. He probably has ghost mode on so you just can't see him.

Connor💓
I know you guys are co-stars and stuff but I have a bad feeling about him. Try to stay distanced from him please.

Y/n
Connor I literally hate him

Connor💓
Still. You guys drove together. I could have driven you.

Y/n
You legit would have driven ten hours

Connor💓
whatever idc. love you babe

Y/n
Love you too

_______________________________

"I'm back," Louis smiles as he hops in and shuts the car door, "Who are you texting?"

He twists the keys in and I immediately turn off my phone before he could see our texts.
"Connor," I grin.

Louis face carefully fades, and he swallows once, not saying anything.
I raise an eyebrow, "What?"

"Nothing."

"You got really quiet."

"Just shut up."

I roll my eyes and chuckle a bit, "Why are you like that?"
"Like what?"
"Like I literally said one thing and now your in a bad mood?"

He sighs and starts driving again, not even looking over at me.
"Wow. Really Partridge? Is that how we're playing now?" I ask.

Still no answer. Just an eye roll.

"Gee thanks. I actually thought you weren't bad today. But like always you had to prove me wrong," I look down at his blanket that was sitting on my lap, and pick it up before tossing to the back.

"Whatever."

We both sat in silence, I looked at my phone, he looked out at the road, listening to Siri for directions.

And it was like that for the rest of the ride up.

~
A/N: Double update today because I made you all wait so long for the last chapter :)) thank you for 500 followers!!! That's crazy!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
4.4K 69 28
𝔸 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕒 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕧𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕖. 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕠𝕦...
429K 14.1K 23
Brooke has never been the type of girl who falls head over heels for a boy. In fact, she didn't believe there was one kindhearted boy at her school...
717K 15K 50
Warning: this was my first fanfiction ever (I wrote it when I had no experience in writing) and it may be the cringiest thing you'll ever read Your...