Before I Go - Fred Weasley x...

By LaineWeasley

Since the first year y/n Avery has been a friend group with the other Gryffindors in her year. Sharing a dorm... More

1. The Summer Before Fifth Year
2. Reunited
3. Seriously
4. Official
5. Oh no
6. Halloween
7. Marauder's Map
8. November Snow
9. Hogsmead Date
10. Slimey Slytherins
11. Sweet Sixteen
12. The birthday Ball
13. Ballgowns and Ballrooms
14. The Christmas Eve Ball
15. Christmas With the Weasleys
16. So what?
17. Bloody Hell
18. The Argument
19. Forgive and Forget
20. Gryfindor versus Ravenclaw
21. The Gryffindor Break-In
22. Birthday Boys
23. The Quidditch Final
24. OWLs
25. Starting the Summer
26. Back to the Burrow
27. Results
28. Nine Weasleys and an Avery
29. Summer loving
30. The Tickets
31. Sunset Date
32. Harry's Arrival
33. The Portkey
34. The Qudditch World Cup - part 1
35. The Quidditch World Cup - Part 2
36. Run
37. Nightmares and Daydreams
38. Back to Hogwarts
39. The Triwizard Tournament
40. The Three Unforgivable Curses
41. The Makeover
42. Nightmares Come True
43. The Goblet of Fire
44. Amortentia
45. The First Task
46. The After Party
47. Seventeen
48. The Yule Ball
49. The Second Task
50. Spring
51. The Last Task
52. Summer Sorrow
53. Order of the Phoenix - Part One
54. Order of the Phoenix - Part Two
55. Harry's Hearing
56. The Last Year
57. The Detention
58. High Inquisitor
59. Head in the Fire
60. Dumbledore's Army
61. Ministry Attack
62. Our First Christmas as a Family
63. New Term
64. The Demise of the DA
65. The Weasley Twins Exit
66. The Department of Mysteries
67. Goodbye
68. New beginings
69. 93 Diagon Alley
70. The Engagment and The Baby shower
71.The Quidditch Team Catch Up
72. Three Years
73. The Weasley's Arrival
74. Hello, Old Friend
75. December
76. The Twins First Christmas
77. The Weasley Twin's Magic
78. Happy Birthday, My Love
79. The Weasley Black Wedding
80. The Honeymoon
81. May Madness
82. The Death of a Professor
83. The Battle of the Seven Harry's
84. The Wedding of Bill and Fleur
86. The Ministry break-in
87. The Weasley Twins first birthday
88. Christmas
89. Nineteen Ninety-Eight
90. A Week Filled With Nightmares
91. One year of marriage
92. The Final battle
93. The Second of May ninteen-ninty eight
94. Too Many Goodbyes
95. Life after the War
96. Happily Ever-After
97. Epilogue
A/n: thank you
NEW BOOK

85. Hiding

1.2K 31 24
By LaineWeasley

I sat in the kitchen with the girls silently crying as they were asleep in my arms and I couldn't move; I wanted to get changed out of the dress and heels and not fall asleep in this chair. I begin falling asleep from exhaustion when I hear the door open and people talking, shit!

"Before we go any further, I think we'd better check." Hermione says, and I breath out a sigh of relief, standing up and walking into the hallway.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Harry asks, before I burst into tears again, with him, Ron and Hermione walking over to me.

"We were fighting th-the d-death ea-tt-erss and th-then Fred sent me here with the twins." I say crying, as Ron and Hermione gently take the twins from my arms and Harry pulls me into a hug.

"Anyway." I say, as I managed to stop crying. "I'm glad you three and the girls are okay, we should go and sit upstairs I just need to grab the babies bag."

I walk back down into the kitchen, grabbing the baby bag which also had supplies for myself and Fred. I walk up to the room that the five of them where in.

"Can't see anyone out there." Ron says, as he looks through a small gap through the curtains. "And you'd think, if Harry still had the trace on him, they'd have followed us here. I know they can't get in the house but - what's up, Harry?"

Harry cried out in pain, it was clearly his scar again.

"Off topic, but do you three mind if I get changed in here?" I ask and they all shake their heads before carrying on with their conversation.

I get changed from my bridesmaids dress into some comfier clothes that I had packed and I get two bottles ready for Thea and Lyra. I pull out a travel cot from the bag, which had an extendable charm on it and it was also weightless, so there was a lot of stuff in there. I put the travel cot up with my head filled with worry as the others talk.

"Was that the door?" Ron asked and we all pull our wands out.

"Ron and I will go and check it out, Hermione and y/n stay here with the babies." Harry whispers and I nod in agreement as I take Thea from Ron and give her - her bottle as Hermione gives Lyra hers.

The two boys walk out of the room and into the hall and Hermione and I try and keep the babies as quiet as we can. We then hear talking and quite a few footsteps and Fred, George, Melody and Jack walked in and I rushed into Fred's arms.

"Your okay!" I say, as I continue to feed Thea.

"Yes, we are all okay, we sent Lee and Angelina to Angelina's as they aren't really part of the order and everyone is safe." Jack says and I feel so relieved.

"Everyone?" Ron asks.

"Yeah, but we can't contact anyone, everyone's going to be watched." Jack tells us all.

We all look at each other as if everything has come crashing down in the world, well it had.

"We need to get the girls off to bed, are we all staying in here?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, I think it's safer." Hermione says

"It probably is, we can go and get stuff from the rooms." Melody suggests.

"Yeah, that sounds good." George says.

As Fred and I settle the girls down, Melody, Jack and George go and get covers and pillows for tonight whilst Harry, Ron and Hermione are all whispering to each other. After the girls had clearly falling into a deep sleep, Fred pulls me into his arms.

"I'm glad we're all okay." I tell Fred.

"Me too, do you have some clothes in there for me?" Fred gestures at the baby bag.

"Yeah, give me a sec." I say, pulling away from the hug and then going through the bag, chucking Fred some of his clothes.

"Thanks love," Fred whispers, before walking out of the room and to the bathroom.

George, Jack and Melody all return with pillows and duvets from the various rooms and now we were deciding who was sleeping where.

"Fred and I will sleep next to the babies, just in case they wake up." I tell the group, getting our bed for the night ready.

Once I finished getting the bed ready, Fred walks in changed from his suit and comes and lays down with me; and we snuggle up. We lay there looking at the babies when George lays on the other side of Fred, we don't question it we just let him lay there.

"They look so peaceful." Fred says softly.

"They do, I'm glad they don't know what is going on around them." I say sadly, I don't want my daughters to be brought up in the middle of a war.

"Me too, they are going to be just fine." Fred whispers in my ear, before placing a kiss on my cheek which gives me some form of comfort. "We all are."

"I love you." I say to Fred, as a wraps his arms around me.

"I love you too." Fred and George say to me at the same time, causing us three to giggle slightly.

Everyone in the room eventually falls asleep and, when I woke up it felt like I had no sleep.

"Yes, yes - mummy is up." I say to the babies next to me, who were crying.

"So are the rest of us." Melody mumbles from across the room.

"Sorry, where have those three gone?" I say gesturing where Harry, Hermione and Ron were sleeping, I then heard shouting from the kitchen. "Never mind, I found them."

"I'm up." Fred says, picking up one of the babies and I do the same.

"So what's the plan then?" I ask Fred. "Where are we going to stay?"

"Dad said to stay here for a few days, and once everything has calmed down we can go back to the Burrow, its not safe enough to go back to the flat." Fred says, as I wave my wand to make the bottles.

"Where are you two going to stay?" I ask Melody and Jack, who still looked half asleep.

"We are going to go back to my mums, probably safer than our flat as we have protections around mums." Jack says, as Fred and I feed the babies and George continues to snore.

"I swear George could literally sleep through a war." I say, as Lyra quickly drinks the milk in her bottle.

"He literally is, I think with all the struggling to sleep last night; I honestly do not blame him, I wish I was still asleep right now." Fred tells me.

"Agreed." Melody, Jack and I say in unison.

"We are going to need to get food, otherwise we are going to starve." Melody says.

"I know, but how?" I question.

"We will have to go to a muggle shop, well two of us will. I have muggle money so Jack and I could go to the muggle shop?" Melody suggests.

"Yeah if you both want to, but take your wands." I say to Jack and Melody.

"Of course, we are going to, we aren't stupid." Jack replies.

"Well..." Fred begins saying, as Lyra is almost finished with her bottle.

"Don't start now," I say, before I can hear the talking from down the stairs again. "I wonder what's going on there then."

"I would go and check it out but I am too tired right now, and I can recognise the voices of Harry, Hermione and Ron." Jack says, as Lyra spits out the bottle as she finished it.

"Was that good?" I ask her and she babbles at me. "Yeah? Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"Mama." Lyra says cheerfully.

"I'm glad someone is happy this morning." Jack says.

"Me too," I say, winding Lyra, before turning to Fred. "How's little Miss Thea doing?"

"Little Miss Thea, is almost finished and she seems like she is cheery this morning as well." Fred says, as Lyra finally burps.

We all get ourselves ready and finally wake George up from his slumber. Harry, Hermione and Ron came back upstairs and filled us in on everything.

"So you've sent Kreature on a wild goose chase for Mundungus?" George asks, as we all sit in the kitchen after Jack and Melody went shopping in disguises.

"Yes, well its important, we need to know what he has done with that locket." Harry tells us.

"So what I've got from what you've told us, is that Voldemort split his soul into these horcruxes; correct?" Jack asks.

"Yes, so one of them was Tom Riddle's diary in the chamber of secrets, next one is the locket but we aren't so sure after that..." Hermione tells us.

"So that's why you three where planning on having a little trip?" I ask, as Thea sits on my lap.

"Georgie, Georgie, GEORGIE!" Thea shouts in my lap, and the smile on George's face was heart-warming.

"George, take your niece she wants you." I say and George takes her from me and we go back to our conversation.

"Yes, that is why we were planning on our little trip." Harry says, and I sigh.

"So you don't even know what the rest of them are and you just expect to find them?" Fred asks, slightly confused as Ron plays with Lyra.

"Well..." Harry begins, and I sigh again.

"So your going to need help, right?" I ask him.

"Y/n, no." Fred tells me.

"Let me finish." I say turning to Fred. "I know its dangerous, but you've thrown yourself into two dangerous situations recently and may I add it seems to be without the thought of our two daughters. You went on and on about me not doing dangerous things because I'm their mum but they need a dad too."

"Y/n, we're not going to let you do that." Ron tells me.

"I know how to look after myself." I say, folding my arms. "If Fred said he wanted to go would anyone protest? No I thought not."

"None of us are going to let either of you come with us." Hermione says, shaking her head lightly at myself and Fred. "You both need to be here for Thea and Lyra, they need both their parents and not just one, and everyone else won't let either of you come with us either."

I sit there in silence, before the conversation continues about the horcruxes.

"We could go." Melody suggests. "I mean we have nothing else to do, the Ministry knows we are in contact with you and I can't risk putting myself in harms way at St Mongo's, the place is probably riddled with Death Eaters at this point."

I sigh loudly.

"What?" Melody asks me.

"So, I have to see you all off, the closest people I have to family and actual family?" I ask. "And I know its for the greater good, but do you two really need to go?"

"Melody and I have extra skills to add to the set, I'm sure those three know the basics of Healing but Mel's knows in depth stuff that they might need and all the auror training is extremely helpful."

"I can't stop you both, but I'm not happy about it." I say.

"We have to wait until Kreature is back with Mundungus regardless, so you two can think about it right?" George asks them, as Thea cuddles up to him.

"Yeah, we will." Melody says, giving me a look of sympathy before coming over to hug me.

"I'm going to get started on dinner, it shouldn't take to long." I tell the group, collecting the ingredients; before waving my wand and everything begins to start chopping itself.

After we all ate dinner we sit talking in the drawing room, we all decided it was best for us all to stay in here for safety reasons, although I would like my bed back at the flat.

"So what's going to happen to the shop?" Ron asks, his older brothers as I sit cuddling Lyra who was clearly in the mood for mummy hugs.

"I'm not sure, George and I may take a visit there in a few days to see if anything had happened, even with the protection charms around the shop the Death Eaters can get in. I mean look what happened at the wedding..." Fred says, as Thea is cuddled up in his arms, with both of the girls looking sleepy.

"Yeah, we are going to have to find a way we can get products delivered." George says.

"I reckon you two will think of something." Jack says, as Melody leans on him for comfort. "You two think of things most people could never even dream of."

"His got a point, in some respects the pair of you could be seen as geniuses but you aren't the most academic pair." Melody says and I look at Fred and George and they have looks of offence on their faces. "Oh come off it, you are both smart but you just never saw the point in school, that's what my point was."

"I suppose its true." Fred and George say in unison, and I look down in my arms and see Lyra sleeping.

"What a cutie." I say, as Lyra snores lightly.

"She snores like you y/n." Melody says, with a small laugh.

"I think that's a compliment." I whisper, trying not to wake the sleeping baby in my arms up.

"Yeah, it kind of is, your snoring could be a lot worse I mean if you've heard Lee's snoring it absolutely horrendous." Jack says and the five of us nineteen year olds all nod our heads.

The trio are sitting and having their own conversation in the corner of the room, probably discussing their plans. After talking for a little while longer, we all agree on that we need to get a goodnight sleep, so Fred and I put the twins in their travel cot and they are still peacefully sleeping. We all get changed into some pyjamas before we all settle down. I cuddle up with Fred again like every night. Soft snores from people begin to fill the room, along with me being able to hear Fred's heartbeat which I have always found comforting to hear.

I eventually fall asleep, with Fred's body heat helping me keep warm as we know that Grimmuald Place isn't the warmest of places even in the summer.

Two days have passed and we still haven't heard any word from any of the Order and Kreature still hadn't returned with Mundungus and it was clearly annoying Harry, Hermione and Ron. Fred, George and I just wanted to get back to the Burrow, but we said we will wait until the others go off on their hunt. Melody and Jack made the firm decision to go with Harry, Ron and Hermione as well; Melody and Jack have been doing a lot of reassuring for the rest of us mainly for me. I noticed that Ron was spending as much time as he could with his nieces before he goes off, I suppose he doesn't know how long he is going to be gone for and wants to make the most of it whilst he still can.

It was now the evening and we had Thea and Lyra settled down in their bed and we were all sitting and talking and Ron had the curtain edged open slightly to have a quick look outside, as we noticed two cloaked men in the square opposite the house earlier and they were still there.

"Death Eaters, for sure." Ron says, which sets an even more eerie tone in the house. "Reckon they know we're in here?"

"I don't think so." I say, feeling slightly scared looking at Thea and Lyra who are sleeping peacefully in their bed.

"I agree, I don't think they know, or they would of sent Snape in." Hermione says.

The others continue to talk as I zone out, thinking of all the strategies I could if we needed an emergency escape and where we could go, and there was one place that we were guaranteed to be hidden in plain sight but that was the last resort.

"Love?" Fred asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I respond, paying my attention to him.

"You need to relax, and I know its hard but I can feel like you are going to break something." Fred says, pulling me into a hug.

Ron and Hermione began arguing about something causing me trying to shush them and Harry leaving the room. Honestly, those two have so much tension around them its unbelievable. I walk out of the room to see what Harry was up to and he is standing o the stairs not moving and I stand behind him as the door opened, we saw a glimpse of the square across the road, the clocked figure edged into the hall closing the door behind it. The intruder took a step forward and Moody's voice asks, "Severus Snape?" Then the dust figure rose from the hall and rushed to him.

"It was not I who killed you, Albus." A quiet voice says.

The jinx broke and the dust-figure exploded again and the figure made its way through the cloud of smoke. Harry and I pointed our wands at the figure.

"Don't move!" Harry says.

The portrait of my Grandmother started yelling her nasty phrases, everyone else but Fred and George came rushing behind us with wands raised.

"Hold your fire, it's me, Remus!" The figure says.

"Oh, thank goodness." Hermione says, and she then shuts the curtains that sit in front of the portrait before her, Ron and Melody lower their wands as Harry, Jack and I keep ours raised.

"Show yourself!" Harry told, who we all presumed was uncle Remus.

Uncle Remus walks forward, hands held in the air.

"I am Remus John Lupin, werewolf, sometimes known as Moony, one of the four creators of the Marauder's Map, married to Nymphadora, usually known as Tonks, and I taught you how to produce a patronus, Harry, which takes form of a stag and I am the godfather and uncle to y/n Weasley formally known as y/n Black." Uncle Remus says, I lower my wand and rush into his arms.

"I had to check." Harry says, as uncle Remus wraps his arms round me.

I take a good look at him and he looks more exhausted than ever but pleased to see all of us.

"No sign of Severus, then?" Uncle Remus asked the six of us. "And where are Fred, George and the girls"

"No and they are all upstairs." I say.

"What's going on? Is everyone okay?" Harry asks uncle Remus.

"Yes, but we are all being watched. There are a couple of Death Eaters in the square outside - " Remus begins to tell us.

"We know-" Harry then goes to tell him.

"I had to apparate very precisely onto the top step outside the front door to be sure that they would not see me. They can't know you're in here or I'm sure they'd have more people out there; they're staking out everywhere that's got any connection with you, Harry. Let's go downstairs, there's a lot to tell you, and I want to know what happened after you left the Burrow." Remus says.

"I'll be down in a minute, I just need to go and talk with Fred and George and tell them that you are here." I say, as they go down to the kitchen and I go up the stairs into the drawing room that we have been living in.

"What happened?" Fred asks as I see the panic on his and George's face an expression the pair of them didn't wear very often.

"It's fine, its just uncle Remus, and don't worry we made sure it was defiantly him." I say to the pair of them and their expressions go back to normal.

We walk into the kitchen with the babies in our arms, neither Fred or I have let either of them leave our sights since the wedding.

"At the same time that they were smashing up the wedding, more Death Eaters were forcing their way into every Order-connected house in the country. No deaths." Remus was saying as we walked in and sat down at the table with the rest of them. "But they were rough, I'm glad that you lot came here, I'm afraid the flat and shop isn't in the best condition as they were searching for you three and I went to Melody and Jack's flat which was okay as they are living in the muggle world."

Uncle Remus was telling us all of the things that are now happening, we knew that the Death Eaters were taking over the Ministry but, I could of never imagined it being this bad; to the point where they had control over everything even down to the Daily Prophet.

Fred and I decide to put the girls to bed, whilst everyone else is still down in the kitchen talking to Remus.

"I'm glad everyone's safe." I whisper to Fred.

"Me too." Fred replies. "George and I are going to have to go to the shop at some point, I'm just glad we got you and the girls out of there before anything bad could happen to the three of you."

"Me too, I can't believe they used the cruciarus curse on Andromeda and Ted, it's disgusting." I say with a sigh. "And getting past the protection spells, it just makes me feel even more uncomfortable then before."

"I know, within the next couple of weeks we will go back to the Burrow; it's the safest place with so many of us there." Fred says. "Or we could try Shell Cottage and see if Bill and Fleur mind us crashing there for a bit."

"We will see." I say leaning my head on him, watching the babies sleep peacefully. "We have options which is good, another one could be my aunts but that can be last resort."

"I know, well the Burrow can be first on the list as we have everything there that's needed for the babies." Fred tells me.

There was then a bang from down the stairs and Fred and I look at each other.

"What in Godric's name is going on down there." I whisper, trying not to wake the babies up, before walking out of the room and down into the kitchen and noticed the lack of uncle Remus. "What happened?"

"Harry and Remus had an argument, Harry was calling him a coward for wanting to come with the rest of us and leave Tonks at her parents, pregnant." Jack says, and I just sigh and look at Harry.

"Wait you knew?" Harry asks, looking at me.

"Yes, I did, and Remus and Tonks asked me to be the godmother to the baby." I say.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Hermione asks me.

"Because, if Remus and Tonks wanted people to know already they would." I say looking at Hermione then looking back up at Harry. "Do you know how hard it is for him? He knows the baby could be a werewolf and he feels bad about it."

"He shouldn't be abandoning his unborn child!" Harry tells me.

"I'm not getting into an argument about it Harry, he was trying to protect you. You and me are the closest things he has left to his friends and they would want him to make sure we are okay." I tell him folding my arms.

"They wouldn't want him to abandon his child though, would they?" Harry asks me.

"He isn't abandoning his child, the baby has a family with or without Remus." I say to him. "It's not your battle to get involved in."

"It's not yours either. Sirius wouldn't want you to leave Thea and Lyra, but you considered it." Harry says.

"Well he isn't here, so it doesn't really matter what he would and wouldn't think." I tell Harry and there was a gasp in the room.

"I think we should go upstairs." George says, practically dragging me away from the situation before it got worse.

I sit down, next to the babies cot, and just sit looking at the ceiling as Fred and George sit talking about when we should go back to the Burrow. As I lay looking at the ceiling I can feel my eyes getting sleepy so I just close them and go to sleep. I feel like I've opened my eyes but I haven't I'm in another dream. 

"Fred! Fred! NO!" I collapse to the floor as I watch my husband get killed. "Fred... no..." I say crying.

I feel the anger, the sadness and wishing I could of done more with the windows around me smashing and I just scream.

"Y/n! Y/n! Wake up! Its just a dream." Fred says, shaking me awake, and I open my eyes and see him looking at me extremely concerned. "Hey, I've got you, it was just a nightmare."

"It felt... so real." I sobbing into his arms as I hear someone talking to the babies. "Did I wake everyone up?" 

"Yeah, but it's okay." Fred says, playing with my hair in an attempt to calm me down. 

I sit there crying in his arms, finally calming down and Melody hand me Lyra who is sleeping, just holding her helps make everything bad go away. I finally drift back off to sleep, my heart was still slightly racing but I wasn't having any bad dreams. 

When I wake up in the morning Fred and George tell me that we are going to head back to the Burrow, so we need to pack our stuff as we won't have long for when the Death Eaters leave the square opposite the house till they come back. We finished packing all of our stuff, and we are saying our goodbyes to Harry, Hermione, Ron, Melody and Jack. 

Ron was giving Thea and Lyra lots of cuddles they all were, we were saying our goodbyes and I finally reached Melody who handed me some letters. 

"If anything happens to the two of us, can you please give these to our family members." Melody says to me, and I just nod with tears in my eyes. "I'm going to miss you all but, you five will be fine and we will see you as soon as we can." 

I hug Melody tightly before, Fred and Jack pull us apart as we both cry. Fred and I have hold of the babies and along with George, we quickly race out of the house, making sure to shut the door securely behind us before we apparate to the Burrow.

Landing in the garden of the Burrow, everything had been cleaned up since the wedding, we walk up to the front door to knock when it swings open and Molly pulls Fred, George and Thea in for a tight hug. 

"Mum, we can't breath." George says. 

"You're all okay!" Molly says, pulling away from them and bringing Lyra and I into a hug. "What about the others?"

"They are all okay." I say, still slightly tearful. 

We all get settled back into the Burrow, which was just Molly, Arthur, Ginny and Charlie before we all came back. Molly seemed happier to have more of her children home and we were happy to be back. Thea and Lyra were having lots of cuddles with their auntie, uncles, grandma and grandad; with Fred and I finding some time to ourselves and we just sit laying in bed together, in a comfortable silence.

Everything was okay... for now.

- - - -

A/n: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I know how I'm going to end the book which is a weird feeling, but I also have the chapters named up until the last one, and it sounds slightly stupid but it has kind of made me sad and after this chapter there is about twelve chapters left :(

 But the good news is that my next fanfic is out, it is another fredweasleyxreader but is mature and we are in Slytherin, which is my house and I wanted to do one for Slytherin as I haven't read a fic where y/n is a Slytherin. I hope you all like it! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 62 29
Isabella Bott isn't happy. The last time she was truly happy was before she started at Hogwarts. After reluctantly befriending a certain pair of twi...
60.2K 1.6K 58
"You know that boy likes you a lot." Milena felt her cheeks warm up. She couldn't put her hands over her face because of everything she was carrying...
54.3K 1.1K 50
You're a Slytherin, but your two best friends are none other than Fred and George Weasley from Gryffindor. You've always liked Fred. What if he's alw...
546K 15K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...