The Billionaire's Obsession✓

By glitter_charm

★COMPLETED★ Ciara Mendes is the beautiful Journalist from Flare Magazine who is not only trying to find her n... More

ATTENTION PLEASE READ!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41 Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Special Bonus Chapter

15.5K 548 37
By glitter_charm

NOT EDITED

Ciara Mendes

           Two religions mean two weddings, on the same day for one couple. Gio wasn't a religious person and neither am I. The last time I've been to a place of worship was seven months ago and it wasn't even on the inside considering Evie wanted her wedding to be outside in the courtyard.

This time would be no different. I have always dreamt of a beach wedding and my dream was turning into reality and so was Martha, or mom as she insists. She was the one who suggested we have two ceremonies. She picked out the most beautiful dress that she said would look even more so on me. I have to agree with her on that one, her taste in fashion is amazing.

It was tiring though especially being the mom of three months old twin boys, Navid and Khalid. The wedding would have been months ago but I wasn't having it. I was too overweight for my dress and my mood was horrible.

"Doesn't mommy look stunning boys?" Bridget says entering the room with my sons in her arms.

She has been a lot of help since I allowed her back into my life. I didn't know anything about being a mom and she helped me out a lot, first with Felicity then with the boys, even though I had learned much from helping to raise Felicity.

My smile widens the moment I see their eyes watching me. Khalid and I shared the same colour eyes and Navid has his dad's eyes. Both boys resemble their dad though but I'm not complaining.

I reach out to take Navid only to get slapped by Evei who was fixing my bracelet that Martha gifted to me just minutes ago. She said it had been in her family for generations, it was passed down to the daughters of her family. Originally it had been a two-piece necklace but she had them separated and made into three bracelets. She gifted Ashira one on her wedding day also and is hoping she'll be able to do the same if anyone ever decided that they want to spend the rest of their life with Richard.

"No hurting the bride on her big day," Navia says taking Navid from Bridget.

"Yes, why would you do that?" I asked rubbing my wrist.

"You're wearing your dress C, what if he pukes on it?"

"I have four dresses," I try to argue.

"You have two weddings and a reception, the fourth dress is just for emergencies, emergencies that can not be avoided. One of your sons puking all over you is definitely an emergency that can be avoided."

I roll my eyes at Eve and turn to look at myself in the mirror. My hair was in a high bun, decorated with pearl accessories. My makeup looked flawless thanks to Bridget who decided she wanted to do makeup and ventured out in being the makeup artist for well-known celebrities.

My dress was a long white off-the-shoulder, lace gown. It was stunning and my second favourite.

"You're forgetting something," Divya says tossing her phone on the couch, that she had been busy on for the last five minutes.

"What's that?" Eve asks in a panic tone.

"Something blue."

Navia, Bridget, and Eve sigh in relief as I smile at the twenty-year-old, clearly they thought it was something more serious.

I watch as she reaches into her purse and took out a small jewelry box, she opens it showing a gorgeous necklace. The diamonds are a beautiful blue shade, "I bought it for you as a wedding gift but since I couldn't come to the engagement party I decided to have the diamonds change and give it to you today."

"You're the best maid of honor," I hug her.

It had been difficult to choose my wedding party considering Evei is like a sister and Bridget is my sister, but they both suggest I make Divya my maid of honor. According to them they don't deserve the honor. I can't say I wasn't happy when they suggested it, although I had already selected Divya to be my bridesmaid it was easier for me than having to choose between Eve and Bridget.

Now I have two bridesmaids, a matron of honor and a maid of honor.

Someone knocked on the door interrupting our little sentimental moment.

"You may enter as long as you're not the groom," Evei yells startling Khalid.

The door opens and the cutest little ring bearer enters followed by the best man. Luca was dressed in a black suit and he looked so adorable I wanted to cry.

“Hello baby,” I stoop a little and open my arms for a hug. “When did you get here?”

“Last night,” Luca answered.

“He's so cute,” Navia says.

“I swear I love that little guy, but everywhere I take him he gets all the ladies' attention,” Mateo says in a dull tone, still standing by the now-closed door.

I walk over to him and kiss his cheek, “We love you too Mat but you have to be as cute as Luca to be greeted first.”

“You wound me C,” He says with a small smile.

“If you're done talking can you go so we can help Ciara finish getting ready?” Eve says rudely.

They still hate each other and apparently that will never change.

Mateo walk further into the room and took the twins in his arms before taking a seat in front of the vanity, “Hello double trouble, your dad wants to see you two before the wedding,” he says ignoring Evei.

“Why don't I take them,” Bridget offers.

“Even better, why don't he bring them,” Evei mumbles.

Mat ignores them and continues playing with the boys, “Div, who didn't even give her favourite cousin a proper greeting, bring these two to our least favorite cousin.”

“I thought it was obvious that Bent is my favourite and why do I have to do it?”

Mat looks at all the women in the room, his grey eyes pausing on Navia, “I don't know you much, love, so don't get offended when I answer my silly cousin.”

He looks back at Diyva and I could tell some of us wouldn't like the answer, “Ciara can't go and you are the only other woman in this room I trust. Who to tell what the others are capable of.”

Diyva left the room taking Luca also and the rest of the women left soon after with Evei giving the most reaction to what Mateo said before leaving.

“You are trouble, you know that right?” I asked Mat who was staring at me with a smile.

He shrugs, “Women like a little trouble.”

“Does Anika like trouble?” I tease.

He cast his eyes downwards and his smile vanishes, “We'll talk about her after the wedding.”

A sad smile found its way on my face. Gio had told me about them and Anika seemed like a nice person, what Mateo did wasn't right but I couldn't help feeling sorry for him.

“Do I get to meet Dontaé?” I ask cautiously.

I breathe a sigh of relief when his smile return, “Yes you will. We were on our way here when we bumped into Aunty M, you know how she gets. She pulled him away before I could even properly introduce her.”

“I can only imagine how exhausted he must be,” I laugh.

We continue to joke about my new mom until the room became silent.

“Mateo?”

“Yes C,” He answers while looking at the rings on his fingers.

“I know what you and Gio did,” I confess.

His grey eyes met mine, “What are you talking about love?”

“The bet.”

He immediately stood from his chair with his eyes widen, towering over me, “Ciara I promise you my intentions were good, it wasn't really a bet because I knew you'd be Gio's endgame. I knew he would fall in love with you, I mean I saw you sitting alone and you were exactly his type—I never meant to hurt you. How did you find out?”

“I heard him talking on the phone once. I was planning to confront him, but didn't.”

He stares at me confused, “Why didn't you?”

Smiling I told him, “The bet didn't matter, I could tell he didn't even care about it.”

“How?”

“His eyes gave him away just like yours do whenever you think of Anika.”

Giovanni Haynes

           I was standing at the alter waiting for the love of my life, Mateo was supposed to be here also but still, there was no sign of him. My phone kept vibrating from messages in my pocket. I was about to ignore it, but I was starting to get irritated and what if something happened why neither of them was here.

Retrieving the phone I ignore the look the priest was giving me. I had fifteen messages from Mat.

She knows man.

This was followed by him apologizing.

The next one made me feel as if I was having a heart attack.

The bet, she knows about the bet.

She's kl dude no need to worry.

The music starts to play then abruptly stop, my heart rate increase. Then I was filled with rage the moment I see Mateo hurrying down towards me, a proud smile on his face.

“Sorry I'm late cousin, was having a chat with your beautiful soon-to-be wife,” he whispers when he was standing where he should have been for the last eight minutes.

"You're a fucking asshole, why did you tell her knowing damn well I didn't give a fuck about that bet in the first place?”

The priest clears his throat but I ignore him and instead watch Zendra throw flowers from her little basket.

Mateo chuckles, “Chill cousin, C is a smart woman she knew what was going on because you don't know how to be discreet on a phone call. She loves you man and no wedding is getting canceled today.”

I sigh in relief as the music changes and Ciara begins to make her way towards me with her father next to her. Mateo might sometimes be a pain in the ass, but if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have met this wonderful woman.

Even though I fucked up countless times she still forgives me, she was rare. She thought me a lot and changed my perspective of life. Ciara gave life a whole new meaning and I will spend the rest of mine making her happy.

“I know you will treat my baby girl right but if you ever step out of line, I'm not too old to kick your ass, son,” My soon to be father in law warned.

Ciara giggles before kissing her father's cheek.

“I wouldn't dare sir,” I wouldn't put it past him. He might be in his mid-fifties, but the man was built like Roman Reigns without the tattoos and long hair.

“You seem nervous,” Ciara whispers.

She had my attention now. “What man in my position wouldn't be, have you seen yourself buttercup? You're the most beautiful woman in this room both inside and out and you're getting married to me. What if you decide now that I don't deserve you and take the boys and leave?"

She took a step closer and caress my cheek, “Don't be ridiculous Giovanni. You're not perfect, but neither am I. Sure you make stupid decisions most of the times and you chew with your mouth open and can get really annoying, but none of that matters. I love you Giovanni and loving someone doesn't mean that person is perfect, it simply means that I see your imperfects and accept them — I accept you just the way you are, you make my days a whole lot better. ”

I didn't care that the wedding hasn't officially started, I want to kiss this woman in front of me so bad and that is just what I did.

I ignore the noise around us as I pull Ciara closer, everything else fades away when I'm with her.

She was the first to pull away, blushing like crazy. I held her hands while smiling at her.

"What did you need me here for?” The priest asks which made our friends and family laugh.

I nod at him to carry on. This woman was already mine and I belong to her but we did need him to make things official in front of our family and friends.

I just hope he hurry this along.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438 48 30
DO NOT COPY MY WORK Book 2 in the "Love" Series "I'm not supposed to want you. I'm not supposed to care and yet I spend my time dreaming of all that...
1.3M 40.1K 46
COMPLETED. Highest ratings Rank☆: 1 in beauty on 08/07/2020 Rank☆: 1 in discover on 27/04/2019 Rank☆: 2 in billionaire on 13/01/2020 Rank☆: 2 in writ...
17.6K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 🥇(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards 🥈(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards 🥈(2nd pl...
1.1M 37K 44
"Some promises are hard to break, Some feelings are hard to deny, Some people are hard to forget, Some relations are hard to accept" Ashton Dav...