Mal & Evie One Shots & Short...

By Malvieshipper101

Exactly what the title says. These are one-shots of Mal and Evie as best friends. REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!! Starte... More

Holding On To You
Flu Season
Here For You
Battle at the Mall
Mal's Secret
A Night at the Fair
The Trouble with School
Hitting the Road
The Accident (Part 1)
The Accident (Part 2)
The Accident (Part 3)
The Accident (Part 4)
The Accident (Part 5)
The Accident (Part 6)
Galentine's Day
Prank Wars
Surprise
Boys
Count on You
A Time For You
Where is Lulu?
Halloween Prank
Allergies
The Space Between
Date Preparations
Taco Tuesday
Christmas Reunion (Part 1)
Christmas Reunion (Part 2)
Christmas Reunion (Part 3)
Mistletoe Kisses
The Perfect Tree
Christmas Activities (Part 1)
Christmas Activities (Part 2)
Christmas Activities (Part 3)
Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?
To Save Her Life (Part 1)
To Save Her Life (Part 2)
To Save Her Life (Part 3)
Christmas Photos
To Save Her Life (Part 4)
To Save Her Life (Part 5)
How to Say Goodbye
Fireball
The Saddest Time of Year
Overprotective
Never Gonna Lose You
The Broken Heart
The Party
The Cabin in the Woods
Surprise, Surprise
Your Permission
The Silent Treatment
Walking Home Again
Evie Has Powers? (Part 1)
The Little Birthday Girl
Evie Has Powers? (Part 2)
Evie Has Powers? (Part 3)
Evie Has Powers? (Part 4)
Evie Has Powers? (Final Part)
Staying Strong (Part 1)
Staying Strong (Final Part)
Zoo Trip
Stay With Me
No More Regrets (Part 1)
No More Regrets (Part 2)
No More Regrets (Part 3)
No More Regrets (Part 4)
No More Regrets (Part 5)
No More Regrets (Part 6)
No More Regrets (Part 7)
No More Regrets (Part 8)
No More Regrets (Part 9)
No More Regrets (Part 10)
No More Regrets (Final Part)
Happy Birthday Evie
My Hero (Part 1)
My Hero (Part 2)
My Hero (Part 3)
My Hero (Part 4)
My Hero (Final Part)
My Hero (The "What If.." Ending)
Something To Get Over (Part 1)
Trauma
All I Want For Christmas
Delusional Mal

Once Upon Another Illness

516 11 8
By Malvieshipper101

Mal was sitting on her bed covering herself with one of her blankets as she shivered to death it felt like. Evie came into the room after she had knocked on the door. Mal looked up at and tried her best to keep from visibly shivering, as not to let Evie see her. "M? Are you ok?" Evie asked as she saw Mal looking like she was freezing.

"Yeah E, I'm fine." She told her in an unsteady voice.

"Is it cold in here or something?"

"A little bit, but it's nothing I can't handle." Mal said to her still trying not to shiver.

"Ok, if you're sure. But anyway, I'm getting ready to go out with Henry on a date. I'm not exactly sure when I'll be back, but I just wanted to let you know." Evie said.

"Ok you two have fun." Mal replied.

"Oh we will. I love you, and I'll be back later." Evie said before going over to kiss Mal on the head. But when she did, she realized how warm Mal felt. "Mal? Are you sick?"

"No? Why?"

"Mal, you are burning up. Here let me call Henry to tell him I can't make it. I need to stay here and take care of you." Evie said grabbing her phone.

"No! You have to go, you and Henry haven't been on a real date in forever. It's just a small fever I can take care of myself, I'll be fine, I promise. Go and have fun." Mal told her as she pushed Evie's hand with her phone in it down gently.

"Are you sure? Because I don't want to leave you here by yourself when you're sick." Evie said sympathetically.

"Evie, I'll be fine!" Mal told her again.

"Alright, I'll go. But call me if it gets worse and you need me." Evie said with a very serious look in her eyes.

"I will." Mal replied. She could tell that Evie didn't want to leave her as she always hated to see any of her friends sick or hurt. But with a sympathetic smile, Evie walked out of the room and went down the stairs leaving Mal to immediately cover back up under the blankets to try and keep herself warm.

But as time went on and a couple hours went by, Mal only felt worse, as she was still freezing, but she was also sweating, she felt like she had just come out of the shower, cause her hair was pretty much all wet from sweating so much, and her clothes were also sticking to her body.

Mal was beginning to think whatever was causing her to be so sick was more than just a small fever. She started finding it hard to breathe, Mal quickly reached over towards her nightstand where her inhaler was to see if it would help her control her breathing. And as she used it, she found it wasn't really helping her much.

She thought she should call Evie, but she didn't want to interrupt Evie and Henry's date, as she knew that they both had really been looking forward to that, so she was quick to decide against it. She soon began coughing nonstop and it hurt her, and when she brought her hand away from her mouth she saw her palm was covered in blood. Mal knew that couldn't be good, and the longer she looked at it made her stomach feel queasy.

Mal ran into the bathroom and leaned over the toilet as she then emptied the contents of her stomach. But when she was done doing that, she realized she was also puking up blood. Something was seriously wrong with her, so as she went downstairs to try and find medicine or something, she became too weak and collapsed, falling down to the ground as she went unconscious.

***

Jay and Carlos raced each other into the house as they finished playing tourney against each other in the backyard. "That's not fair! You're taller than I am!" Carlos yelled at Jay as they went into the kitchen to get some water.

"Hey, it's not my fault you're a midget." Jay joked ruffling the younger boys hair playfully.

"I'm not a midget! That's not funny!" Carlos said as he smacked Jay's hand away from his hair.

"What? Can't I mess with my little bro?"

Carlos rolled his eyes as he followed Jay into the living room. But suddenly Jay stopped, causing Carlos to bump into him. "Whoa! Why did you stop?!" He asked.

Jay didn't say anything before he ran over to the stairs. Carlos looked at him in confusion before he caught sight of an unconscious Mal on the floor. He immediately ran over to her as well. "Dude, we need to get her to the hospital." Carlos said to Jay, who nodded before he picked Mal up in his arms and carried her to his car. And the two boys then rushed their friend to the hospital as fast as they could.

***

Meanwhile, on Henry and Evie's date they were finishing up their dinner. "So have you had fun?" Henry asked his girlfriend.

"I have. Dinner was amazing. And I have an amazing boyfriend." Evie said as she rested her elbows on the table and set her chin on the back her hands, just staring lovingly at Henry.

"Yes, you do." He replied playfully making Evie giggle softly at him.

And just as Evie was about to say something else, her phone rang from inside of her purse. She quickly dug through it, thinking it might be Mal calling her. But when she picked it up, she saw it was Carlos who was calling her.

(Evie bold

Carlos italics)

Hey Carlos! What's up?

Evie, you need to come down to the hospital right now!

Evie began to worry when she heard Carlos' tone.

Why? Is everything alright Carlos?

I don't know, Evie. But you need to get here now

Carlos, you're scaring me. What is going on?

It's Mal

Evie dropped her phone as soon as those words left his mouth.

Evie? Evie?! Evie, can you hear me!?

Evie was scared to death that something bad had happened to Mal. She was having deja vu from Mal's accident when she had gotten that call from Jay. She couldn't go through this again. She just couldn't. She quickly hung up her phone not saying another word to Carlos or Henry as she just ran out of the restaurant. But when she remembered that Henry was the one who drove them there and had the keys she quickly ran back inside to her boyfriend.

"Evie what's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked her.

"Henry, I need you to take me to the hospital as fast as you can!" She told him.

Henry nodded leaving some money on the table before rushing out to the parking lot and to his car. Evie was silent as tears rolled down her cheeks, just thinking about Mal. She knew she shouldn't have left her by herself when she was sick. If Mal wasn't okay when she got there, she would never forgive herself for abandoning Mal like she did.

Evie barely have Henry enough time to stop before she flew out of the car and into the emergency entrance where she ran up to the receptionist behind the counter. "Where is Mal Morgana?! I need to see her!" She yelled.

"Are you family?" The woman asked her.

"Yes! I'm her big sister, just take me to her!" Evie continued to yell through her sobs. As soon as the room number Mal was in was heard, Evie took off towards her best friend. And when she got halfway down the hallway, she caught sight of Jay pacing back forth outside of what she would assume to be the room Mal was in. Evie ran the rest of the way to him as she hugged him as tight as she could, sobbing into his shirt.

"Evie! You're here." He said as he hugged her back.

"How is she?" Evie whispered as she slowly let go of him and wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"She has pneumonia, Evie. When we found her, she was laying at the bottom of the stairs unconscious, she must've fallen." Jay told her.

"I should never have left her." Evie cried as she then turned around to enter Mal's room. And there Mal was, laying on the bed, hooked up to several machines, unconscious. Evie sniffed as she slowly made her way over to her. "Oh Mal. I am so sorry, I shouldn't have left. Maybe if I hadn't, you wouldn't be in here. This is all my fault! M, come on you have to get better. Please! For me."

Carlos, who was sitting down in one of the chairs beside the bed Mal was on, looked up at Evie with tears in his own eyes. "Evie, don't blame yourself. This is not your fault." He tried telling her.

"But it is! I knew she was sick, but I went still went on my date anyway." Evie said as she began to sob all over again.

"But you didn't know she was this sick. Evie, I know for a fact that Mal wouldn't blame you for this, so don't blame yourself."

Evie nodded her head as she sat down in the other chair beside Mal's bed. Evie smiled sadly with her tears continuing to fall as she lifted her hand to stroke Mal's forehead gently. "I love you, Mal. Please get better." Evie whispered as she kissed Mal's forehead.

And after Mal felt Evie's lips on her forehead, her eyelids fluttered open as she turned her head to Evie. "E-Evie?" She said as her voice was hoarse.

"Hey M. How are you feeling?" Evie asked her softly.

"Sick." Mal replied quietly as her throat was hurting her.

"Well, I'm glad you're awake. I'm so sorry I left, especially when you needed me." Evie apologized to her.

"E, you don't have to apologize. I told you to go on that date."

"Yeah, well I didn't have to listen." Evie said.

"Evie, I don't blame you. Ok? I know you didn't mean to, you didn't know how sick I was. I didn't even know how sick I was." Mal told her.

Evie smiled at her as she then brought Mal in for a hug. "I love you, Mal. I'm so glad you're okay."

Mal hugged Evie back as she too, smiled against her. "I love you too, Evie." She replied. And for the rest of the time that Mal was in the hospital, Evie stayed right with her. Not leaving her for a second.

A/N: Yeah, I wasn't planning on writing this, but I did. Shout out to Descendantsfan03 for giving me this idea! Please let me know what you all thought! Until the next chapter!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 409 16
One year after arriving in Auradon, Mal is put under tremendous pressure to be the ideal queen of Auardon. After threats from the Isle emerges, Mal l...
102K 2.1K 43
••Completed••. Mal and jay are the only descendants sent to Auradon, Mal and Jay have been Best friends since she was 8 and he was 9 there like brot...
1.9K 41 18
This is a brand new one shot collection where my Mal and Evie travel to all of the Mal and Evie's from Descendantsfan03's many series. So I would lik...
16.6K 426 24
Mal and Evie have known eachother since they were about twelve when they met at Dragon Hall. Now the two girls had two very different mothers with Ma...