(UNDER REVIEW) Hollywood Vibe...

By Vegas3301

After leaving Arcadia Bay, four teenagers go to Los Angeles in search of a new life. A time controller, a reb... More

The Road to Los Angeles
The Gas Station
Rock, Paper, Scissors!
Max and Rachel
The Motel
A Message from Beyond
Jealousy
Hitting the Road Again!
The City of Angels
Unpacking Stuff
The Santa Monica Pier
Clearing Things Up
Secrets of a Popular Girl - Part 1
Secrets of a Popular Girl - Part 2
Just a Breakfast
The Los Angeles Mall
Requests and Confessions
Nightmares and Doubts
Camping with the Stars - Part 1
Camping with the Stars - Part 2
Camping with the Stars - Part 3
Camping with the Stars - Part 4
Visions and Hollywood
Fun Times
Conversations and Games
A Night in Santa Monica
Questions and Puzzles
Colors
A New Look
Back to the Nightmare
Another World
Adapting
Opportunities
The First Investigation
Dejavu

"That's what friends do... They forgive."

81 1 0
By Vegas3301

Motel - 11:34 pm

Rachel's P.O.V

After eating the Japanese food we bought, I went to the bathroom and washed my face. As soon as I washed my face with extremely cold water, I looked at myself in the mirror.

All I saw when looking at that mirror was a person with tired and lost eyes while a few drops of water ran down her face.

Suddenly, a feeling of uncontrollable fury came to me. I started to remember all those bad moments that always plagued and disturbed my mind, one after the other, over and over.

However, I held on tight and managed to contain all that anger. For a second, I thought I was going to explode again.

After that, I approached the mirror and, with my eyes closed, I touched my right hand to the glass. I felt that icy sensation penetrate my body and calm my soul along with my thoughts.

Unexpectedly, I felt a strange tremor coming directly from that glass.

I quickly removed my hand from that cold glass and realized that something was different. When I approached, I could see that the part I touched became totally deformed, as if it were broken.

Startled, I left the bathroom immediately and closed the door from the outside.

Josh: - What's the matter?

Rachel: - Nothing.

Josh: - So why do you look like that?

Distracting myself, I started to think about what happened and ignored what Josh said.

Josh: - Rachel?

Rachel: - W-What?

Josh: - You didn't answer me.

Rachel: - It was nothing. - I tried to act normal as much as possible. - I was just recovering from anger. Today was kind of boring for me, that's it.

With that, Josh watched me for a few seconds and looked back at his phone screen.

Josh: - Ok then.

After successfully hiding the strange fact that happened in the bathroom, I approached Josh and sat next to him.

Rachel: - Josh, I... I want to apologize for everything that happened today. I was rude with you and everyone around me. I shouldn't have done that.

Josh: - Yes, you did were. - He answered with extreme sincerity.

Then I lay down on the bed and ran my hands over my face. I quickly got distracted by my thoughts.

Josh: - But...- He said while throwing the phone aside. - I forgive you.

Rachel: - What? - I said stopping spacing out. - Really? Even though you know I treated you that way?

Josh: - Well... That's what friends do, right? They forgive.

Rachel: - Of course. - I said as I turned to Josh and sat again.

Josh was wearing the clothes he bought: a striped red hoodie and super flashy. I'm the one who should be wearing it now, but I got so angry before that I didn't want to choose.

Instead, I chose to take the blue, which I'm wearing now.

Rachel: - Hm... What's with the outfit, Josh Krueger? - I said while pushing his shoulder.

Josh: - Pfff... You won't want to dream about me when it's your bedtime! - He answered making a claw mimic with his fingers while imitating a scary voice.

Rachel: - Hm... Really? You never know, Stones. Maybe I want to...

Josh's P.O.V

Josh's thought: Wait... Is Rachel doing this again? Is she wanting something with me or is she just flirting? Come on, collaborate with me!

At that time, I realized that Rachel was back to normal. Maybe it was just a matter of time before her anger just disappeared. And I was still trying everything...

Josh: - Wait a minute... Have you seen this movie?

Rachel: - "One two... Freddy's coming for you. Three, four... Better lock your door."

Josh: - Wow... Apparently I'm not the only nerd around here, right?

Rachel: - Well... Let's say I watched one movie or two, if that satisfies you.

Josh: - It's enough.

After that, I settled on that bed and lay on it. Rachel lay down next to me and we looked at the ceiling.

Josh: - You know what?

Rachel: - Hm?

Josh: - I think you never knew the feeling of worrying about whether someone in the world likes you or not. Right?

Rachel: - What do you mean?

Josh: - It must be very easy for you. You're beautiful, smart, you like everything most people like...

Rachel said nothing. She just kept looking at the ceiling and waited for me to say more.

Josh: - I'm totally the opposite. I'm not attractive or smart, and I may not even like most of the things that people tend to like. It's weird, you know?

Rachel: - And why do you think that?

Josh: - I don't know... Maybe I'm not that person made to relate to someone.

Rachel: - Are you saying you don't think you can make friends or have a serious relationship with someone?

Josh: - Neither love nor friendship. I think I'm that person that everyone thinks is cool, but nobody really likes.

Taking a deep interest in the subject, Rachel turned to me and watched me. I didn't know what that meant, but I was afraid of having spoken bullshit.

Rachel: - What if I tell you that I've felt this way many times?

Josh: - What? Come on, cut it out.

Rachel: - It may not seem like it, but believe me. I'm serious.

Josh: - No, I can't imagine you like that. No fucking way.

Rachel: - Remember what I told you about not knowing me that well?

Josh: - Sure. How could I forget? You have repeated this a thousand times.

Rachel: - Exactly. That may be what I mean.

Josh: - But everyone likes you, Rachel. This is impossible.

Rachel: - Ever wondered if I like them?

Josh's thought: Damn, now you've got straight to the point.

Josh: - Let me see if I understand... Is that the typical story of "everyone likes me, but I don't like anyone"?

Rachel: - Exactly! I think you may have noticed this a few times.

Josh: - I didn't, but it crossed my mind.

Rachel: - So I want you to know that I only consider some people as real friends. It's not for anyone. I'm not that popular girl who says she has thousands of friends. It's kind of impossible for a person, even the most popular, to have that many friends.

Josh: - Hm... Where did you get that from? Some research on society or something?

Rachel: - I read books! And I see some statistics too. I love these things.

Josh: - Since it is so, do you have any advice for me, Miss Statistics?

Rachel: - What I can tell you is: Find someone who claims to be your real friend and show them your worst version. Make them endure your worst moments. Your shitiest moments. And then see if they will stay with you. If they doesn't, then you know what it means.

Josh: - But the worst moments I already have. All I need is to FIND that "real friend".

Rachel: - You're not that bad, Josh. You know how to make people like you. You have friends. You're just afraid to admit it.

Josh: - Not quite, Rachel.

Rachel: - So what is it?

Josh: - In case you haven't noticed, I'm strange. Weird. I don't adapt and I don't want to. I'm not good at this socialization thing and all that shit.

Rachel: - But we can change that, if you allow it. You know that we will always be here for you. No matter what.

After all that, I thought about the words Rachel just said.

Josh: - Yeah... I think we just had a session at the psychologist.

Rachel: - We're going through a deep period of reflection on life... - She said in a mysterious voice.

Josh: - It's really strange to think about psychology itself.

Rachel: - Why do you think that?

Josh: - Because nowadays it's difficult to find someone who listens to you, who listens to your biggest problems. It's weird to think that you have to get to the point of paying someone to listen to you. As is the case with psychologists. Don't you think?

Rachel: - True... - She reflected. - I never thought about it.

Josh: - Yeah. Me neither.

>> Sometime later >>

After we talked a little more, Rachel fell asleep.

Noticing this, I took my phone and unlocked it. And that's when I realized that, while talking to Rachel, two new messages had arrived.

Cell phone:

Noah: So, what did you decide? Will you come back or will you stay there?

Noah: Josh?

Josh: I'm coming back. Plus, I'm bringing new members to the family!

Immediately, Noah joined the conversation and replied quickly.

Noah: What?! Are you coming back? Why didn't you text me?? And what did you mean by "new members to the family"?

Josh: Sorry, there was no sign in the middle of the road.

Noah: What?! Road?! Hey, I thought you were flying back!

Josh: I'm driving. Guess where I got it?

Noah: I have no idea.

Josh: Nathan Prescott.

Noah: WHAT?! No fucking way, man. I don't believe it.

Josh: Yeah, I wouldn't believe it either. But it's true.

Noah: Wait, you still haven't answered me. What did you mean by "new members to the family"?

Josh: I'll explain when I get there.

Finally, I blocked the phone and put it on the nightstand beside me. Like Rachel, I fell asleep pretty quickly.

The next morning, we will have a long road to take and, if all goes well, we will arrive in Los Angeles tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 145 44
"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But let's be honest, no one would give a shit, they wouldn't. T...
664 52 25
4 friends suddenly end up in their town without people. It feels as if everyone else has disappeared but have they? These friends discover things tha...
1.9K 45 8
Before leaving Arcadia Bay for the holidays, Max spends time with her girlfriend, Chloe Price. But then the day comes where Max has to go. Chloe is l...
10.1K 689 36
A Not so Typical teen love story where she loves him he doesn't , but then he falls for her and they live happily ever after!!.. Isn't that what ever...