π‘Ίπ’˜π’π’“π’… 𝑨𝒓𝒕 π‘Άπ’π’π’Šπ’οΏ½...

By Guardian_Angel-21

In the year 2022, the VRMMO game "Sword Art Online" trapped 10,000 players in a death game. This is the story... More

Chapter 1: Disappointment
Chapter 2: Hidden Log Out
Chapter 3: God of War
Chapter 5: Swordswoman
Chapter 6: First Dungeon
Chapter 7: Party of 3
Chapter 8: Beater
Chapter 9: BlackSmith
Chapter 10: Act of Kindness
Chapter 11: Night Terrors
Chapter 12: The Fall and Rise of Guilds
Chapter 13: Black Cats
Chapter 14: No Place Like...
Chapter 15: The Trap Room
Chapter 16: Best Gift
Chapter 17: Christmas Renegade
Chapter 18: War and Lightning
Chapter 19: Murder in the Safe Zone
Chapter 20: Illusionary Avenger
Chapter 21: PinkSmith
Chapter 22: Mission Failed
Chapter 23: Sword Dance of Slayer and Knight
Chapter 24: Giant Goblin
Chapter 25: Duel and Broken Souls
Chapter 26: Love Conquers All
Chapter 27: I Love You [πŸ‹]
Chapter 28: My Heart is Yours
Chapter 29: Edge of Hell's Abyss
Chapter 30: The End of the World
⦇[π•†πšŸπšŽπš›πšπš’πšπšŽ:β„™πš›πš˜πšπš˜πšŒπš˜πš•]⦈
Chapter 31: Another Lifetime
Chapter 32: ALfheim Online
Chapter 33: Goblin Slayer
Chapter 34: Monsters
Chapter 35: Prison Break
Chapter 36: Slay Them All
Chapter 37: Worthy
Chapter 38: A Warrior's Heart
Chapter 39: Memory Lane
Chapter 40: Reunion
Chapter 41: Peace
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 0
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 1
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 2

Chapter 4: The Way of the Sword

4.1K 105 37
By Guardian_Angel-21

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- November 21, 2022 - 1st Floor - Town of Beginnings -

The sun crept through the curtains as the morning sun rose. The light finally landed on a white fluffy pillow, it appears that the chestnut-haired girl has already awoken and seemed to be preparing her armor. Checking her inventory, she removes the cloak from her person, not seeing a useful function for it during battle. She walks down to be greeted by the female NPC once again and ignores her like always. She opens the door expecting to be an hour early but was surprised to see the armored figure from yesterday standing before her.

Ares: ...You're early.

Asuna: Could say the same to you

Ares: ...Touché.

Asuna: Right, I never truly did introduce myself. My name is Asuna.

Ares: That's your gamer tag?

Asuna: I've never played a videogame before so I just used my name.

Ares: Well, it's good to meet you Asuna. We will be heading towards the West Field.

She nods and he begins to walk towards the west gate as she follows.

Asuna: ...If I may I ask, why would you accept my request?

Ares: ...Reason one is because everyone needs to be taught the basics, and reason 2 is because I see potential in you to be a good swordswoman.

Asuna: I see, thank you.

Ares: ...You can thank me by surviving.

-TimeSkip-

They arrive at the green field to find a wide patch of fresh grass and some mobs.

Ares: Today, I will be teaching you the basics of how to use a sword, then how to eliminate an enemy. You carry a rapier, why.

Asuna: I thought that it would be fast and easy to carry while traveling.

Ares: If I may...

He asks for the blade with both of his hands held out gently, reluctantly she hands him her sword. He holds it by the handle and points it vertically upward.

Ares: It is fast. Its thin and sharp aesthetic can easily attack your enemies' weak spots rapidly and can escape tight situations...nice choice.

He kneels down and picks up a pebble, he turns to a <<Frenzy Boar>> and throws it over, gaining its attention. This is signified as the boar's eyes turn red instead of their normal green.

Ares: By the end of your training I want you to perform this, without hesitation.

The boar screams and begins to charge at the masked player, the player himself holds the blade with his right hand and aims it as if he was pulling back an arrow while his other is aiming directly at the mob as well. He stands there and once it is a couple of feet away, in the blink of an eye he is already standing a couple of steps behind the boar as it shatters into digital crystals as all of its health was depleted.

He stands straight again and walks over to the female player. He hands her back her blade and opens his menu to scroll down to an item, catching a wooden sword out of the blue light.

Ares: Lesson number 1: Composure. A sword wielder must always remain calm under pressure, if you fail then you die.

He quickly swings at her which makes her step back and dodge. He attacks again and she was able to counter with her sword but his strength outmatched hers.

Asuna: Wait!-

And with another swing, he knocks her sword out of her hand and she stumbles back onto her butt. She tries to get back up but was met with a sword at her throat.

Ares: Your opponent will not hesitate to kill you and will show no mercy. You just died.

He retracts the wooden blade and lends her a hand. She huffs and takes it.

Asuna: A little bit of a warning next time.

Ares: A predator has the element of surprise, they will not give their prey a "heads up". Again

She huffs again and goes to pick up the blade that landed away from her. Her instincts kick in and she rolls forward dodging another surprise attack. She grabs her blade and quickly turns around to aim at him but was met with dirt thrown at her eyes. She swings the direction it came from and rubbed her eyes removing the dirt. She opens them again to find nothing in front of her when suddenly she feels the wooden blade at her throat once again from behind.

Asuna: You threw dirt in my eyes!

Ares: Lesson number 2: Fight smart. Your opponent will never fight fair, so neither will you. Remember your life depends on it, so give it tooth and nail, no matter the cost.

Again he retracts the blade from her neck and she stands upward. He walks back into her field of vision and stands away from her.

Ares: This time I will fight where you can see me.

She nods but as soon as she does it he dashes at her. To her, he was a blur of darkness, she could barely see his blade. Following her instinct, she felt the slightest of taps on her sword so she swung in that direction expecting to block an attack. That's when her feet were swooped under her and landed on her side. And again she felt the blade at her throat.

Ares: Lesson number 3: Stance and grip. The grip of your hands and the position of your feet is everything in a fight. It gives your attack and blocks meaning and power, you failed-

Asuna: I know, I'm dead. *Sigh* If it means being knocked down, again and again, to survive then so be it.

Ares: Good to have spirit. Lesson number 4: Be aware of your surroundings.

This made the player confused but her thoughts were stopped when he threw a pebble past her. She turned around and saw a <<Frenzy Boar>> charging at her. She screamed and began to run away as it chased her around the field. The masked man remains quiet at the sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

乇几|

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. More chapters coming soon so stay tuned.

Support my Kofi :)
ko-fi.com/guardian_angel21

Here's your chapterly meme

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 210 32
Yn is very simple and innocent girl. She lost her parents in car accident when she was 10 years old.... After her parents death Yn started to live wi...
18.7K 84 32
Y/N "Versuchen" L/N, the owner of Sicherheit PMC, has approximately 4,000 confirmed kills with 2,000 unconfirmed and stops at nothing to complete his...
31.3K 993 20
A young boy who was raised on a farm, was gifted with special abilities beyond the world. The speed of Mercury. The strength of Hercules. The stamina...
18.6K 284 29
total drama but everyone is gay ( I'll not continue this) ( nvm I lied) I don't have humor so that will not be funny WARNING they will be your mom...