The X in Skye

By MeganTaylor24

Skye Red was born into her family's mafia which just so happens to be the most powerful mafia. She is not a... More

Introduction
Skye!
Not my type of job
Diversion
Power over Chinos
You'll find out
Care to explain?
Customisation
The invitation
Girls night out!
Girls night out II
Vulnerable
Not a movie
Unoriginal
Pat me down
Midnight Skye
It's complicated
Boot camp
A win to a lose
Five Bs
Consequences
Hidden information
That's why I'm called X
The Lions den!
Strobes to strike
Partner?
Gossip and gowns
The Red men
Waltz of rescue
choices
You feel it too!
Say your goodbyes!
Smoking rage!
There is no WE!
Good to be back
Taste of normality
So it begins...
He's the fix to her addiction
The walk in aftermath
Not a sweetheart
Splash of romance
Desire!
You want in?
The Theatre
A Red Christmas
Slashes for Slashes
Bloody fury
Twisted psychology
The chase
Bright lights
Inpatient
Too soon?
Betrayal of the highest degree
NYE
Blue
Headlines
His return
Hypothetically
Jailbird
Make up
His letter
Black out
Tips and Tricks
The phone call
Demons
Gasoline to fire
Valuable lessons
Forever X
Thank you

Acceptance

1.1K 43 20
By MeganTaylor24

Skye's POV

The scavenger hunt for candles is like an Easter egg hunt, except those are a lot easier. Baxter defending his lack of back up light with the fact he's a man and he doesn't tend to keep nice scented candles.

"Ah ha" he cheers bending down to a small bottom cupboard. He pulls out a stash of candle sticks "I told you I have some" he gloats

"Only took us 20 minutes" I snap back, he evil eyes me as I shine my phone's torch down at him.

We scatter the candles on the small table and sit back down. He pulls a zippo out of his pocket and set them a light. The sound of the flame coming alive and the clang of the gold casing is so satisfying, the fire being followed returns a small bit of light. Blue isn't a fan of the pitch black, he went on the search with us.

"I hate to break it to you" I say with a slight amused tone "Your stove is electric, meaning we can't have steak"

He groans throwing his head back, he's so dramatic it's like he's taken a shot to the heart "Hey, it's your fault, you should have got a gas stove" he rolls his head to me with a sour face.

"I'll call a pizza" he moans pulling his phone out.

Takeaway pizza is pretty much the opposite of what I was going for, but in times of need. He disappears down the hall taking a candle with him, I imagine this is what it was like before light bulbs, we don't realise how privileged we are. With Baxter's absence it gives me a chance to regroup. We kissed, and I liked it but he pulled away. I can't keep up with him, confessing his feelings and then making me question it all.

"Okay, this tastes so good" I moan biting into a slice of hot pepperoni, I hold my hand out catching the stringy cheese

He nods and speaking between bites "Everything tastes like heaven when it's ridiculously late"

"So much for the movie" I laugh brushing the pizza crumbs off my hands

"Why do you love that movie so much?" he questions

"I don't know" I exhale as I think of the real reason "Maybe because she lives a normal life not being noticed and then she starts taking risks resulting her to find love at the end. She put on a mask and had to think ahead in order to keep her friend alive"

He's looking at me with such intent "So you can relate?"

I shake my head "Not a lot, but I know what it's like living normally and then jumping into dangerous situations"

"Why did you pull away when we kissed?" I asked suddenly breaking the small silence

The low lighting has given me a new lease of confidence, if it's bad he won't see me react "Skye" he huffs putting a pizza slice down

"Did you not want to kiss me?"

"WHAT!" he draws back "No, I did of course I did. But, you're going through so much and I think if anything happens between us it will add to the list of complications" his words make sense but I still feel a little disappointed.

"Hey" he says taking my hand "Who knows what the future holds? We might have our time" the lights may be low but I can still see his wink. He presses a kiss on my forehead and I feel at ease.

"Speaking of the future" I say reaching to the other side of the table.

"Is this the letter you've been avoiding for the last week?" I thought he hadn't noticed, apparently, I'm wrong.

I nod holding it with both my hands "It's from Elite" I say

"As in Elite the dance academy?" Baxter asks enthusiastically. I hum so he knows he's right "Why the hell haven't you opened it?"

"Because I've been so caught up in everything and honestly I have no clue why they've even sent me a letter"

"How do you know it's them?" he asks

"Because of the stamp and the address on the back, Vanessa had the same one"

"Skye" "open the damn letter"

His excitement is so amusing to me. I hold my hand out "Can you do it? I'm nervous" he takes it from me.

He gently takes it, my heart pounds as he opens it. I turn towards him as he takes the letter out and uses the candle light to read.

"OH MY GOD!" He shouts

My head whips to his "Skye, they want you in the academy. You've been scouted"

My jaws hits the floor. I forget how to blink for a second "But I've still got my senior year"

Baxter continues to read the letter "It says you can do half a year and graduate early at school or you can start right away and do you last year at the academy"

I remember Allison from the Christmas show but I didn't think she was this interested in me. This is a year early and I was still debating going or not, I can't imagine leaving this place.

"You have to accept Skye, this is amazing" Baxter smiles

"I don't know Bax"

He squeezes both my arms with his hands "Skye, you deserve this. You've earned it"

"But there's so much stuff going on here"

"That will all be sorted before then. Skye, you've spent your whole life carrying on your family's legacy. It's about time you do what you want. I see you on that stage, you love it. Imagine doing that all over the world"

He's a good salesman that's for sure. "I'll think about it"

He narrows his eyes at me which makes me laugh "Come here" he grins and pulls me in for a hug.

And that's when the lights come back on.

Baxter pulls away "Let there be light" he announces in a godly manner, only he could impersonate god. I push his shoulder at this lame impression.

I go to my room to get a hoodie because the stupid heating timer is off and I'm usually under a cosy blanket by now.

My laptop pings catching my attention, I straighten up and cautiously walk over. I click on the notification in the top right corner, it takes me to my email.

The address nearly chokes me with anticipation.

I read the two couple of line and have to hold my scream in.

I've just been offered an amazing opportunity but this is a whole new level. I stroll into the living room with a spring in my step as I clutch my laptop still open to my chest.

"I got the movie back where it cut out" he casually tells me not moving his eyes of the tv.

"I have news" I say with a wide grin. That catches his attention, I can tell he's apprehensive about my excitement.

"Do you remember when I said I looked at your grades?"

He narrows his eyes "Where is this going?"

I smile innocently "I did a thing"

"What kind of thing?" he asks. Now the lights are back on I can see everything and read all his emotions by his face.

"A kind of thing you wouldn't do for yourself so I did it"

I stand behind him and place the laptop on his lap. I see his reflection on the screen. I bite on my knuckles in anticipation, that's enough nervous habit.

"I got into medical school?" He asks in disbelief, I think he blacked out for a second.

I jump over the sofa and tackle him into a hug "YOU GOT IN!"

I feel the vibration of his laugh on my shoulder. "OH MY GOD!" He yells when I let him go

But he suddenly stops "I can't go"

I look at him like he's a fool "Of course you can, you just got accepted into an incredible university"

"Skye, I can't afford to go to university"

His sad face tugs on my heart, luckily I came prepared. I stand up and move the laptop in his direction "Bax, you got a scholarship. It's a full ride" his face is a picture, he's acting as if I've given him a winning lottery ticket. "It's only a short trip from here, so you can keep the apartment" I know keeping Blue is a huge part of the deal, although, it would give me the perfect opportunity to steal him "And a bonus is, it's only 30 minutes away from where I'll be" I smile poking him as he stands up.

"Are we doing this?" he asks with a smile plastered on his face

I stare deep into his eyes "If you go, I'll go" he bites his lip before he pulls me closer and kisses me. The type of kiss that makes your breath hitch and your mind dizzy.

"Deal" he whisper onto my lips, I'm smiling like a dork 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464 111 35
Maddie has had a rough life... No not as rough as some... but most would say she has... she's an independent, strong young woman, trying to get throu...
35.5K 633 49
(Book 2 of the 'To Be His' series.) (Can be read as a stand alone.) Aurora de Luca is the daughter of a once ruthless mafia leader. Her mom and dad...
77.4K 1.9K 44
Charlotte was taken away from her family at the age of two by her mother. Charlotte has become your stereotypically troubled teen and spends her tim...
8.2M 228K 50
[COMPLETE] [MATURE] ❝Revenge is a bitch, I'll make it my bitch. ❞ Mars Matthews was anything but innocent. She was sarcastic, talkative, some even sa...