Black is the Colour | Sirius...

By Watttpadwhore

"I write her a letter just a few short lines, and suffer death a thousand times." Asteria O'Connor, sole heir... More

[cast list]
[one]
[two]
[three]
[four]
[five]
[six]
[seven]
[eight]
[nine]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
[eighteen]
[twenty]
[twenty-one]
[twenty-two]
[twenty-three]
[twenty-four]
[twenty-five]
[twenty-six]
[twenty-seven]
[twenty-eight]
[twenty-nine]
[thirty]
[thirty-one]
[thirty-two]
[thirty-three]
[thirty-four]
[thirty-five]
[thirty-six]
[thirty-seven]
[thirty-eight]
[thirty-nine]
[forty]
[forty-one]
[forty-two]
[forty-three]
[forty-four]
[forty-five]

[nineteen]

1K 29 9
By Watttpadwhore

xix

warning: brief mention of physical abuse

aster

"Did you know that if someone is under the effects of Polyjuice Potion and they die, they will retain the form of whoever they have transformed into, rather than reverting back to their original state?"

"Fascinating," I comment sarcastically, carrying one Butterbeer in each hand. "Please tell me more facts about death to brighten the mood."

Severus rolls his eyes but closes the book, placing it on top of the two other ones resting on the table. He accepts the drink greedily and takes a long sip. I follow his lead and do the same. My body instants feels cosier. Now that December has officially begun, the grounds are coated in a layer of thick snow, causing for a beautiful scene and a freezing arse.

"How did you manage to ditch the fiancé?" the longhaired boy asks, placing his drink down.

I groan in annoyance. "Using Polyjuice Potion myself to escape this morning would've been easier. I got up at seven, snuck out and then kept sleeping 'til ten in the Boathouse and then woke up again to meet you."

"Salazar," breathes Severus, "we've got to do something about this."

"There's nothing you can do." I plonk my head down on the wooden table. "Trust me I've tried to find any loophole in the world of loopholes."

Severus chuckles from above. "I've missed you."

I look up to see him smiling softly at me. "You see me every day."

"You know what I mean." He pushes my shoulder. "You've been a bit on edge recently, and I know it's because of the engagement and everything but I've still missed you."

I look away from him guiltily. He'd kill me if he knew what else I'm hiding. If anything the bruises and marks have gotten worse. More and more seem to appear almost every day. Before they could settle for a while and get lighter, but now more just keep being added. I grab one of Severus' books to distract him from the conversation at hand.

"Why have you called yourself Severus Prince on this one?" I enquire, pointing to the inside cover of his Potions textbook.

He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "Just wondering how it looked. It's my mom's last name."

"Thinking of changing your name?" I laugh.

Severus doesn't join me. "I don't think I wanna be associated with my dad anymore," he mutters, just loud enough for me to hear.

Realising that something's wrong, I scoot closer and hold his head against my shoulder. The only reason that he doesn't protest is because we chose seats that are mostly hidden and tucked away from everyone else. He doesn't usually like physical contact but I seem to be the exception in particular cases. I turn my head so that my chin can rest on his hair.

"What happened, Sev? I need you to tell me before I become worried."

He takes a long breath through his nose. "Dumbledore pulled me aside the other day to tell me that my mom's been hospitalised." I'm thankful that he can't see the look on my face. "He didn't say what the cause was but of course I fucking know."

"I'm sure Dumbledore will let you visit her," I try whilst caressing his hair.

He shakes his head. "I don't want to. My mom hates it when I see her like that. I don't want to upset her more."

I hold him gently until he pulls back, looking a little better. I know that he just wants the situation to be left alone and we most likely won't speak of it again. That's just the way he is.

"C'mon, Sev." I hop out of my chair and begin putting on my multiple layers of Winter clothing. "I'm in the mood for some mischief. What says you, good sir?"

"Sounds splendid, my dear," he returns in just as posh an accent.

He collects his books and we make our way to Zonko's. The store is filled with rows upon rows of troublesome tricks to drive everyone wild. Colourful fireworks are going off somewhere and I believe I hear Mr. Zonko singing along to an old record. I lead the way up and down each aisle, eventually choosing the plan of action.

"What are we doing in here?"

"I told you already." I turn away from the never ending pranks to look at the boy. "Mischief."

"This isn't how we usually attack," he states, eyeing the amount of dungbombs that I'm placing into his arms. "Why don't we look at one of the new spells I've been working on."

I shake my head at him, tutting gently. "Severus, Severus, Severus," he looks at me, tired of my teasing, "young naive little Severus. Why would we purposefully make a mess just for it to be traced back to us?"

"Oh you are evil," he grins slyly, his eyes shining with revenge.

"Go on and pay for these. I'll grab us a few chocolate frogs to celebrate."

A few hours later, the long haired boy and I quickly dash down multiple flights of stairs to the outside of the Great Hall after hearing the small explosions go off from outside the Ravenclaw common room. We both hide behind a large stone pillar used for lighting. Dessert should be beginning any minute now. Sacrificing our dinner has never felt so easy as our stomachs are filled with giddy excitement and nervous anticipation.

A group of about ten or so students walk adamantly past us, not even turning in our direction. Their blue and grey ties glint in the candlelight. The aroma that they leave behind has my eyes watering and my nose wanting to jump off a bridge.

Those poor sods who left dinner early in order to revise or catch up on assignments.

They storm through the heavy double doors and march up straight to the teacher's table. I cast a holding spell on the door so that we can both watch the scene unfold.

Severus smiles like a madman over my shoulder.

That's the thing that I feel like gets confused quite often. The relationship between Potter and Sev is completely equal. Ever since first year they've both been at each other's throats, throwing hard blows and retaliating just as quickly. Some might think that Severus is picked on and bullied, which is partly true, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't secretly crave it because revenge is what the boy gladly throws back. He possesses the trait in spades.

We watch with greedy eyes as McGonagall rises from her seat, disrupting her meal of sweet pavlova, and fixes her table with a stern glare. She walks swiftly towards a particular group. I don't hear the words that she utters towards the four very confused looking boys, but they seem to be trying to deny the crime that only we know they haven't committed. The tall witch snaps her fingers and they shut up immediately. She begins walking away and they follow.

"Members of my own house," I hear her scold as she comes near, "bombing another house's common room simply because of an upcoming match. That'll be twenty points from each of you, and no Mr. Potter I don't care of the level of involvement of each participant. Next time boys, be sure to keep your rivalries on the pitch because if the next two weeks of scrubbing the owl coops doesn't teach you a lesson then I don't know what to do with you."

Remus interjects, "Professor, I promise you whatever happened wasn't us. We must've been set up."

"I expect more from you Mr. Lupin," she snaps, causing for him to kick frustratedly at the ground as he walks. "I mean really, writing 'Ravenclaw can suck Gryffindor's broomstick' in bright red and then setting off a multitude of dungbombs is appalling."

Just as they go by, myself and the satisfied Slytherin reveal ourselves from our hiding spot and wave our fingers at the passing boys. Their mouths drop open and eyes fill with rage. Before they can even utter a word to their unaware head of house, I grab onto Severus' arm and hoist him inside the Great Hall.

I grab a bowl of bread pudding and custard, handing it to him whilst wearing a triumphant grin. I take the same dessert and sit down with a sigh.

"Where in Salazar's name have you two been?" enquires Chris, looking us both up and down, checking for anything suspicious.

"Do you wanna tell them or shall I?"

Severus shakes his head. "Your idea, you deserve the glory."

I turn to the awaiting group. "Well in that case.."

After dessert the guys and I are too hyped up on the transpired events. We settle around the fire, green flames licking at the air; some of us lay on the couches yet others settle down on the floor. I lie propped up against Cyrus' legs. He attempts to braid my hair, insisting that his sister taught him this Summer. I slap his hand away multiple times but eventually give up.

Chris is talking about some incident that happened in Arithmacy last Wendesday, Severus is sitting beside me with his nose stuck in a Potions book, Anthony is listening intently to Chris, occasionally nuzzling into Angie who sits happily on his lap and Reggie is curled up in front of the fire like some obedient puppy. I look around at my friends and let out a large sigh, content. It's moments like these when I try not to think of what's currently brewing outside of these safe castle walls.

"I don't even see why they all hang out with him." My ears pick up on the high pitched voice of Florence Bulstrode. "Why would the descendants of rich Pureblood families hang out with a shameful Half-blood? I mean seriously, have you seen the state of him? Maybe they're all just as mad as he is."

My blood boils as the girls around her giggle. I make my way to get up, ready to shout a million and one truthful things that they could fix about themselves, when a hand is placed on my knee. I turn around to see Severus shaking his head.

"But—"

He gives me a small smile. "It doesn't matter. I just want to feel good today."

Even though I don't want to, I sit myself back down. Severus' fingers still laying on my leg. I reach over and grab his book. He makes noises of protest but I shush him, taking out my wand in the process. I inscribe the words 'This book is the property of The Half Blood Prince' on the inside cover in his handwriting. He looks at me deeply.

"You being Half-blood doesn't mean one fucking thing to me or anyone else in this group." I keep my voice low in order to not draw anyone else's attention. I gently lay my head on his shoulder. "And don't for one second think that those girls are gonna wake up tomorrow with both their eyebrows still attached to their face."

Severus bursts out laughing.

Hello all. Just gonna clarify again that I hate canon Snape. Seriously like fuck that hoe. But the one that I've written is NOT CANON. Also, I kind of want to stop posting the warnings at the beginning of chapters because I know in later parts of the book it will definitely spoil what's to come. I've already put all of the possible triggers at the beginning of the book to warn people. Should I stop or continue with the warnings? I will respect your decisions. Love you. Buh bye.

Vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
1.9M 67.6K 142
TW: drugs, physical abuse, torture Book Two (Frigus) is out now! Some people are just born to fight. It's not that they're born brave. It's not tha...
22.2K 882 28
↳ ❝ Yes, but the world isn't split into good people and death eaters❞ ➤ 𝐒...
879K 35.5K 57
I need to get away I need to get away I need to get away Helia Blacksmith and people had never got on. Her blank stare and chilling gaze were...