π‘Ίπ’˜π’π’“π’… 𝑨𝒓𝒕 π‘Άπ’π’π’Šπ’οΏ½...

By Guardian_Angel-21

In the year 2022, the VRMMO game "Sword Art Online" trapped 10,000 players in a death game. This is the story... More

Chapter 1: Disappointment
Chapter 2: Hidden Log Out
Chapter 4: The Way of the Sword
Chapter 5: Swordswoman
Chapter 6: First Dungeon
Chapter 7: Party of 3
Chapter 8: Beater
Chapter 9: BlackSmith
Chapter 10: Act of Kindness
Chapter 11: Night Terrors
Chapter 12: The Fall and Rise of Guilds
Chapter 13: Black Cats
Chapter 14: No Place Like...
Chapter 15: The Trap Room
Chapter 16: Best Gift
Chapter 17: Christmas Renegade
Chapter 18: War and Lightning
Chapter 19: Murder in the Safe Zone
Chapter 20: Illusionary Avenger
Chapter 21: PinkSmith
Chapter 22: Mission Failed
Chapter 23: Sword Dance of Slayer and Knight
Chapter 24: Giant Goblin
Chapter 25: Duel and Broken Souls
Chapter 26: Love Conquers All
Chapter 27: I Love You [πŸ‹]
Chapter 28: My Heart is Yours
Chapter 29: Edge of Hell's Abyss
Chapter 30: The End of the World
⦇[π•†πšŸπšŽπš›πšπš’πšπšŽ:β„™πš›πš˜πšπš˜πšŒπš˜πš•]⦈
Chapter 31: Another Lifetime
Chapter 32: ALfheim Online
Chapter 33: Goblin Slayer
Chapter 34: Monsters
Chapter 35: Prison Break
Chapter 36: Slay Them All
Chapter 37: Worthy
Chapter 38: A Warrior's Heart
Chapter 39: Memory Lane
Chapter 40: Reunion
Chapter 41: Peace
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 0
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 1
Untold Tales of Aincrad - 2

Chapter 3: God of War

5.3K 133 62
By Guardian_Angel-21

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- November 19 - 1st Floor - West Forest -

As this story always begins, we start with the light of the virtual sun passing through the trees and landing on the face of the chestnut-haired girl. The sudden brightness makes her eyes flutter and finally open. Confusion fills her head as she looks around and finds herself leaning on a large rock in the middle of the forest outside the cave she entered.

She checks her health bar and finds it fully restored.

???: You're awake.

She hears a voice coming from all directions and she quickly got up and pulled out her sword.

Asuna: Who are you?... Where are you?

???: ...I won't hurt you.

She kept looking around to find the source of the voice. It sounded like something was covering its mouth and had a heavy voice.

Asuna: Show yourself.

After a couple of seconds, she heard rumbling in some bushes to her right. The cloaked girl kept her sword aimed at it and he began to reveal himself. We wore grey armor that helped his mobility in battle and wielded a sword in one hand and a circular shield in the other. But what most stood out was his helmet that cover any part that could show his head and face.

His appearance did put the girl in a defensive mode.

???: Like I said, I won't hurt you.

Asuna: ...Who are you

???: ...You can call me Ares

Asuna: ...Why?

Ares: ...Why what?

Asuna: Why did you save me?

Ares:  I overheard some drunks talking about a hidden log-out point in a dungeon, they also said a newbie went on ahead... alone.

Asuna: *Crying* I-I...I was trying to leave this place...

Ares: ...I am not here for what you hoped to do, but for what you did do. This place was made to kill you, no such thing as a hidden log-out point could exist under his watch.

Asuna: I barely remember what happened.

Ares: You went unconscious after starving yourself, you barely had enough strength to stay awake. You need to recover your strength.

He said as he offered her a black bread from his inventory. He sheathed his blade and place the shield to hang from the back of his belt. She was unsure for a couple of seconds but ultimately put her sword back in its scabbard. She took the bread and removed her hood. She really disliked the taste of the bread but if she must continue to survive she had no other choice. Of course, the masked man can see her struggling to eat the food and opened his inventory again to find the tip of her sword at his neck.

Asuna: What are you doing?

Ares: Nice reflexes.... I was trying to help.

He said as he clicked a button, a small bottle formed in the air and he handed it to her.

Asuna: What is this?

Ares: Something to help you eat smoothly.

Asuna: And why should I believe you?

Ares: ...You're are a victim of this game, just as the rest of us... innocent. I only hurt those who deserve it...

She keeps looking at his mask since she can't see his face, but didn't have to see it to hear the sincerity in his voice. She backed away and put her sword away and sat down on soft grass. She touched the top of the bottle and her fingers glowed a light blue, she then softly spreads them on the stale bread.

Asuna: Cream?

She sniffed it and a sweet smell of milk engulfed her nose. She slowly took a bite and her tastebuds were filled with creamy goodness. She couldn't even taste the bread and she began to eat the rest, savoring every bite.

She finished and quickly licked her fingers. She turned to the masked figure which remained still in order to not make her nervous while eating.

Asuna: ...Thank you, for the meal.

Ares: ...We need to head to the safe zone. The mobs will get stronger at night.

Asuna: ...Understood, let's go.

She got up and followed the masked figure from afar and kept her hand on her sword hilt in case he was up to something.

-TimeSkip-

Halfway through their journey back to the Town of Beginnings it darkened by the loss of the sun but was still visible due to the moonlight illuminating the way. The two remain in silence as they go through the woods, the girl felt as if she needed to break this awkward silence and was the first to speak.

Asuna: Why do you wear a helmet?

Ares: ...Personal reasons.

Asuna: Oh, ok-

The figure stopped causing her to do so as well. In a flash, he pushed her until her back hit a tree and covered her mouth with his hand. She tried fighting back but he didn't budge. He raised his finger to where his lips were supposed to be and made a "shh" sound to signal her to be quiet.

As fast as he trapped her, he dashed away and pulled out his sword. She turned around the tree and saw an army of monkey mobs standing in their way, not yet noticing them. The masked figure dashed from shadow to shadow and only got faster.

His sword glowed blue and in a flash, he mowed down the group before they could react. He came to a sudden stop on the other side and as he put his blade back in his scabbard and once it locked with a click, the mob group exploded into digital crystals.

The girl looked in awe at the strength and speed the masked figure presented. It barely has been 2 weeks and he already was this powerful.

Ares: Let's move...

The girl carefully got out of her hiding space and walked towards the player.

Asuna: How did you-

Ares: I have years of experience, hours of training, and a good understanding of the mechanics of the game gives me an advantage in this reality.

Asuna: I see.

Ares: Let's hurry, more mobs will spawn and I don't need your death on my conscience.

She nods and they continue their journey toward the safe zone.

Asuna: *Thoughts* He's so strong, we need more players like him to beat the floors. I barely know how to swing this thing and he strikes like a flash of lightning.

-TimeSkip-

They arrive at the Town of Beginnings and approach the doorstep of the inn, the girl turns back to the armored figure.

Asuna: ...I would like to thank you for saving me.

Ares: No need, just don't get yourself killed... see you around.

He said as he slightly nodded and began to walk away. The girl watched as he strolled away but felt the urge to stop him.

Asuna: ...Wait!

He did as he heard and turned to face the female player.

Asuna: ...I want you to train me... How to fight with a sword... Please...

If she was going to escape this place she needed to be taught, who better than a swordsman like him, even if he was a tad strange.

Ares: ...8 o'clock tomorrow morning, meet me outside.

He said as he walked into a crowd and disappeared as a person walked by. The girl hoped he kept his word and will appear the next day. She resisted smiling as this was her first step in freeing herself from this cruel reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

乇几|

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. More chapters coming soon so stay tuned.

Support my Kofi :)
ko-fi.com/guardian_angel21

Here's your chapterly meme

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 2.5K 22
πƒπ„π•πˆπ‹'𝐒 π‚π‘π˜ ❝You want revenge, and that's something I can't give you.❞ 𝐎livia Wayne wasn't only a pretty face, but...
124K 5K 33
HOW SELFISH IS IT YOU ONLY WANT ME BECAUSE I MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
117K 830 13
After winning the pro league final, y/n was invited to spend one month at with Rainbow. Only 19 he is extremely socially awkward.
118K 3.6K 65
*The Second Half of Monster* Picking up after the War of the Realms, Y/N and his friends head out to get the final blessing in order to defeat the Ce...