The X in Skye

Від MeganTaylor24

Skye Red was born into her family's mafia which just so happens to be the most powerful mafia. She is not a... Більше

Introduction
Skye!
Not my type of job
Diversion
Power over Chinos
You'll find out
Care to explain?
Customisation
The invitation
Girls night out!
Girls night out II
Vulnerable
Not a movie
Unoriginal
Pat me down
Midnight Skye
It's complicated
Boot camp
A win to a lose
Five Bs
Consequences
Hidden information
That's why I'm called X
The Lions den!
Strobes to strike
Partner?
Gossip and gowns
The Red men
Waltz of rescue
choices
You feel it too!
Say your goodbyes!
Smoking rage!
There is no WE!
Good to be back
Taste of normality
So it begins...
He's the fix to her addiction
The walk in aftermath
Not a sweetheart
Splash of romance
Desire!
You want in?
The Theatre
A Red Christmas
Slashes for Slashes
Bloody fury
Twisted psychology
The chase
Bright lights
Inpatient
Too soon?
Betrayal of the highest degree
NYE
Blue
Headlines
His return
Hypothetically
Make up
His letter
Black out
Acceptance
Tips and Tricks
The phone call
Demons
Gasoline to fire
Valuable lessons
Forever X
Thank you

Jailbird

1.2K 37 11
Від MeganTaylor24

Skye's POV

I stare at the clock counting down the seconds before class is dismissed. I have been fortunate to not have another run in with Grayson, although, a part of me wondered how he would react if he saw me too. Baxter's words stuck, is Grayson someone I could trust? And if not, why does it feel like I can?

With my mind distracted on that, the bell rings, meaning we could all leave. I had to at least make an appearance at school considering I do want to achieve something out of all the years I've had to comply with the system.

What better way to spend an entirely free afternoon than visit a psychopath in prison?

~~~

A loud buzzing alarm echoed aggressively through the room which is cold and creepy, it's not like I expected a prison so be a welcoming home.

I walk to the door an officer had instructed me to. Lorenzo's creepy smirk that makes me want to cut it off his face is the first thing my eyes land on. His hands are chained to the table and he doesn't look pleased but, he's a showman. He also looks like he's seen better days, I fear to think the amount of people he's pissed off are inmates. It's odd though, he looks too put together for prison but weirdly, he looks as if he fits in.

A standing guard awaits for my dismissal, this isn't the usual routine but, me being me, I got a private room.

My serious poker face takes over as I take a seat.

"Ahh" he exclaims like he's made some sort of discovery "I was wondering when they'd send you"

I smirk "By them I assume you mean Wolfie and Red"

"Whom else would I be talking about?"

I raise my eyebrows at his point "Truth be told, they don't even know I'm here"

He leans back in shock, his eyes wider than I've seen before "WOW, the famous X rebelling against the pack"

"Well, it's not I have to answer to them" I say not moving an inch

"Are implying you have gone stag?" he laughs to himself "or should I say lone wolf" I roll my eyes at his word play "I've always said you are the smart one. It makes sense really"

"Yeah, I got that when I was informed you've rejected any visits except mine"

He shrugs his shoulders making the metal cuffs clang "What can I say, you're my favourite. Plus, they were starting to piss me off. But you can relate to that"

I lean closer daggering him "I didn't come here to bad mouth my family"

"Then why did you come?" his voice has a small trace of sarcasm

"Because I want information, and you know a lot more than everyone thinks. But, you don't have me fooled, I've known you too long and too well"

He chuckles "History is hardly a solid point X. Why would I tell you anything?"

"Well, considering I know you've previous said you know nothing I've already made progress" that's not entirely true, all I heard was he wouldn't talk not that he didn't know anything. However, by the frustrated face he is wearing I'd say I'm correct.

"Fine" he groans "I'm pissed at Arthur so, I'll make you a deal"

I lean forward and say calmly "I don't do deals with anyone. Especially not you!"

He smirks "Then I don't talk"

"What makes you think I can't make you talk? See I can walk out of this door, but you can't. I will make your life a living hell, I'm a women with many connections"

His head had turned to the wall, he doesn't deal with a women who isn't afraid of him very well.

"Fine" he growls through his gritted teeth "But only enough for you take that bastard out"

Whatever his motives are, they can work in my favour, we both very much want Arthur gone. "I wouldn't have it any other way" I smile, I lace my hands together on the cold metal table. "What's the deal with you and Arthur?"

He frowns and shrugs his shoulders "I'm powerful, so is he. He's a wolf and quite frankly I'm not a fan of your family"

I know he's the greatest love to the men in my family, majority aren't, but he'll go this far "He lost the title of a wolf a long time ago" I bite back "What's the aim of this, take us all out? Because so far you're doing a pretty bad job"

"Tell me about it" he agrees rolling his eyes. He throws his head back "I just wanted to climb up the power chain. I'm sick of watching your Father take it all"

Slowly things start to make sense "So, that's why you ditched your Brother, he wasn't capable of being a partner" I didn't need to ask, I knew

He grins "This is why you're the smart one" "My Brother is many things and stupid being one of them. I'm his keeper. It was so easy to threaten him, I hardly enjoyed myself"

"You really are sick" I shake my head at him

His smile only grows wider, he could play the Joker with ease "Arthur is one to watch, his work is far from done" state the obvious much "Don't feel too special, he's got his plans for the rest of the gangs, Poisons and Gunners' are next"

Give them a false sense of security and then sweep it from their feet. Not if I can help it!

"Did you like how we used the army of rejects?"

He looks so proud of himself "Yes, very clever, blind sight them into a death trap"

He sighs, like I'm sucking the fun out of his cruel tricks "It bought time, beside, they were next to useless, they merely put them out their misery"

He's one twisted man. I never remembered him like this, he was so put together and classy. But, people change.

"I don't know his current plans, he had a part of me being locked up so I doubt he was honest about a lot of things"

I chuckle with a smirk playing on my lips "Bet that took a hit on your ego. The all-powerful Lorenzo, sold out. First your brother sending you into death" he glares at me, almost warning me "Granted, it was fake but we were none the wiser. Now, your new accomplice used you as colterol damage. You're just another reject"

My words set his internal fire alight. It's a common fact men use their toxic masculinity as a defence, so, as I insult him he'll crack. Simple, if you ask me.

"It's not like he hasn't got one up on you"

I squint my eyes wanting him to continue. He laughs straight to my face "He's using you against each other. Don't think he didn't know about your boyfriend and your current friendship with Tyler" he rolls his eyes and leans back "I swear that kid has 9 nine lives, just like his Father really, the bad ones always live the longest"

"Well you're still here so I beg to differ" he actually looks rather amused at my come back, he has many strong opinions but he'll never think he's a good person, he has that much sense. "As for Tyler and Grayson, you have no idea about them. Unlike you, I have control on our pack" it's not completely true but I'm never going to show weakness

"Think what you want. Just prepare for the worst"

I come to realise I'm hardly getting anything from him, he's pretty much useless, but while he's in here he's safer than out there.

My chair makes a nail biting screech as I move to get up. I turn my back heading for the door "X" he calls, I look back "Watch your back, when I'm out I'll be the one talking power. I WILL take everything from you" his tone is bone chilling and he knows that

I smirk "I look forward to it, but I doubt you'll see the light of day"

"We will see about that. Send my love to my dear Brother" He shows no emotion towards his brother, Marco is his blood, but to him he's just another stranger " And the Reds', of course, if you ever do speak again" His attempt to get under my skin one last time is pathetic, but that describes him in a nutshell.

I wrap my hand around the cold metal handle "Oh, and between me and you" I then look back "Orange really isn't your colour" I say in a hushed patronising manner. I have done the equivalent of rubbing salt in the wound as I hear his metal cuffs clang aggressively, his effort to break out isn't successful, whereas my complacent smile is.

There is no way Lorenzo has comprehended how much he has let slip. That poor, satanic, evil man. I wish him luck trying to take down any of us. Arthur may believe he has the upper hand but he's not so much as a team player anymore, I have Lorenzo and as much as he claims he doesn't like me or my family, he hates Arthur that little bit more. After all, Arthur has deprived him of his expensive suits, they don't tend to be available in prison.

~~~
I drive to the club very content with my day. Half being spent at school, like an average teen and the other doing what I do best, getting one step ahead and letting X loose for a while.

My interrogation didn't last nearly as long as I thought, so why not keep my new housemate company?

The club is starting to warm up, the lights flashing through the corridor. If this was someone's first time they'd think it was lame considering it's empty, a part from the day drinkers which, I am arguably a member of now, minus the alcohol.

My smile is met with a small Baxter smile in return, to a ordinary person they would see this as normal however, I am far from ordinary. His poker face may be on point but his whole body is off. It doesn't take me long to realise why.

I take a seat next to man on the end "Wolfie" I bluntly greet keeping my eyes forward

"Skye" he replies, toying with his glass

"What are you doing here?"

He takes a swig of his drink "Can I not enjoy a delicious bourbon in a club anymore?"

His argument makes me roll my eyes "The bourbon here is mediocre at best and this club is hardly your scene" I state

He heavily exhales "Now you mention it, it does taste a little cheap"

I leave my seat and jump over the bar in one swift move "That's because all the good stuff" bending down retrieving a fancy looking bottle "Is kept at the bottom"

He looks impressed. That's a first! I get a fresh glass and pour him a premium glass of the most expensive bourbon we keep, back here anyway.

"What is it that you want exactly?"

"To make sure you are okay. We didn't exactly leave things on good terms"

I narrow my eyes "We? You're the one who left me no other choice, I refuse to be walked over all the time. And yes, I'm perfectly fine"

His eyes wonder up to me "I guess I deserved that" " but I was only..."

"I swear if you say 'protecting me' I will kill you right now"

I realise it's a pretty bold statement but to my surprise he laughs "You really are my daughter"

I cross my arms and look away "I take it you found out about Lorenzo"

"I did. No thanks to you"

"And you went to see him because you knew he would never talk to us"

I extend my neck giving him a smug look "Precisely"

He brings his glass to his lips, most likely trying to figure out the best way not to piss me off "Did he have much to say?"

He's so casual about fishing for information "Nothing of your concern, but he made it very clear he wants my whole blood line dead, so that was enlightening"

"Skye, Lorenzo is my concern" he growls

I smirk "The last time I checked, I wasn't answering to your orders anymore"

"Skye, you could get yourself killed"

I roll my eyes. He's right but I'll never admit it "Than that's my choice. I'd prefer to die with dignity than answer to you and know I'll never be trusted"

"I do trust you" he sighs, his eyes soften "I worry, you aren't like your Brother or Blake"

"Why because they're your boys?"

"Yes. Well, No" well, I'm glad that's clear, not... "They have a mind of their own, they're wired different, ticking time bombs just waiting to go off. You're calculated, tactically, not to mention deadly with your perfect aim" he's never been this honest with me in my entire life. "I have full faith in you, I just forget you're grown up sometimes and I should give you more credit. I know if something happens to you things will crumble so, I take control. You're still a teenager, you should be having fun"

I laugh "I do have fun. It's just my type of fun isn't going shopping or gossiping about the latest celebrity scandal, it's destroying the people who cross me" I shrug my shoulders "And visiting prisons"

He smirks "There's no convincing you to stop is there?" he doesn't show any sign of hope, he knows me to well

"Not a chance"

He nods and stands up "I don't want this to come between us, call us when you need help"

"We'll see" I smile. I need to do this for myself.

He starts to walk out but I yell "HEY WOLFIE" He glare back "Bourbon isn't free you know" smirking he takes a small wad of cash in between his fingers showing me before putting it on the bar.

Baxter comes over with a glimmer in his eye "I don't think you belong behind here Beautiful"

I smile and nudge his shoulder "I'd like to see you kick me out" my quick flirty winks makes his cover his heart pretending he's love struck.

This is how it used to be, I don't have to hold back the strange flirty relationship Baxter and I have. Not having to look over my shoulder waiting for Grayson to boil over any second is a feeling I can get used to.

What a day it has been!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

464 111 35
Maddie has had a rough life... No not as rough as some... but most would say she has... she's an independent, strong young woman, trying to get throu...
1.9K 30 16
"I need to hate you," I voice. A cloud of smoke escapes my lips from the cold. His brows and eyes harden on mine as he looks at my red cheeks and shi...
1.2M 27.8K 38
•The Assassin Series• "Too late as in I already cared about you. Too late as in I got so deep into my fascination of your simple existence that even...