Cold Mate

By Itztyciaaj

He's the most heartless Alpha to ever exist, it says it all in the great books and even in kids bedtime stori... More

Chapter 1 (Douche bag)
Chapter 2 (Everyone Deserves To Be Loved)
Chapter 3 (The Denial)
Chapter 4 (Leaving Home)
Chapter 5 (The arrival)
Chapter 6 (After Introduction Comes The Dreams)
Chapter 8 (I love her not)
Chapter 9 (Background History)
Chapter 10 (There's more to Him)
Chapter 11 (The World Of Friendship And Rejection)
Chapter 12 (Mystery Solved)
Chapter 13 (I'll Kill Anyone Who Tries To Harm You.)
Chapter 14(I Really Want Her Back Here With Me)
Chapter 15 (The Effort Is All That Matters)
Chapter 16 (Start of the Love Battle)
Chapter 17(Your Duties or Me?)
Chapter 18 (The Guardian)
Chapter 19 (Sorry Isn't Enough to Fix This)

Chapter 7 (Never A Fairytale)

10.4K 332 16
By Itztyciaaj

I woke up only to realize I had just slept for about thirty minutes. I got out of bed and analyzed my bedroom. It was really dirty with tissues all around and an empty cup of ice cream and a plastic spoon lying on the floor. I hadn't stopped my music because I could still hear the sound coming from my head phones so I stopped it. I cleaned my room as well as the bathroom since I didn't want to remember any of the incidents from last night. Even though I felt crept out about last night I still managed to clean the bathroom and take a 15 minute bath.

I felt really tired today and I knew it was going to be a really bad day. I got dressed wearing a black and extremely baggy sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I let my hair loose and didn't put on any makeup because I wasn't feeling up to it today. After I had done everything, I took my phone and headed downstairs for breakfast.

I was greeted by a few pack members on my way to the kitchen and with all the greetings I just nodded with a smile not feeling like replying. "Hello Luna" I was greeted by a woman who looked to be in her mid forties. I just nodded and went to get a bowl to make myself some cereal, I was heading to the fridge when she spoke up again. "Why don't you have a seat and let me serve you some of my favorite porridge with a secret family recipe." I smiled at her and said yes so I placed the bowl in my hand down and took a seat at a dinning table. It wasn't a big table, it just had 6 chairs around it.

"There you go Luna." She placed a bowl of porridge in front of me, I thanked her and dug in. It was indeed delicious but I couldn't eat all of it because I wasn't feeling good. After some spoons later I told her I was full and washed my bowl.

"That was indeed delicious, thank you Mrs..." I got stuck since I didn't know her name but I was able to eat the breakfast she prepared me. Wow Leticia, way to go.

"Just call me Louise, that's what everyone calls me around here. I'm the pack omega. " She said with a bright smile which reminded me of Mrs. Harrison back home.

"Well thanks Louise. Um have you seen Alpha Jordan anywhere." I asked her because I had a little energy left in me to go and start a fight with him this morning about how he was suppose to treat me as his mate unlike what he did to me last night.

"He's in his office." She said attending to the oven and it looked like she was baking something I couldn't really see. "Sorry I'm baking some cookies for the pack kids." She apologized still focusing on the cookies she was baking.

"Does he spend much time with the pack. " I asked her because come to think of it he didn't seem like the friendly type.

"He used to years back but he stopped after what happened." She answered me.

"And what is it that exactly happened?" I inquired as she closed the oven.

"Well its not in my place to tell but something happened between him and Elisa. Don't ask me anything further and I have to go take care of something in the backyard. " She said and headed out of the kitchen.

My heart was beating really fast after she mentioned Elisa and I felt really sweaty as my dream all rushed back to me. Thinking of what Jordan did to me last night made me want to cry all over, how could he not care and to think he still hasn't even checked up on me made me question myself if he's really my mate.

As exited the kitchen, I came face to face with the Beta. I totally forgot about our tour but I wasn't really up to it because right now I was feeling really sick. "Are you okay, you look pale and sick. " He asked with concern evident in his voice.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, I just need sleep. I'm sorry beta-"

"Just call me Ashton," he cut me off.

"Can I call you Ash"?

"Even better." He replied and smiled at me making me feel a little better. Why couldn't he be my mate moon goddess?

"And as I was saying, I don't really think I can go for the tour today, maybe tomorrow." I told him honestly.

He smiled again and said "Why not. I even came to tell you I couldn't make it because I have to take care of something with the Alpha. But I hope you will be fine."

"Yeah I will be, don't worry about it okay. " I forced a smile and he nodded and headed upstairs.

I followed him a few minutes later upstairs and went into my room. I looked at the mirror in my bathroom to observe myself and I looked pale and weak, I was burning and shivering but since I didn't want to seem like an attention seeker I went to bed hoping I'll be okay when I wake up.

I was the woods running continuously, not even stopping to catch my breath. They were after me and this time she came with them. They chased me like their prey and I knew I had to run faster than I was but my legs failed me and I fell flat on my face. The two brothers hovered over me as I sat up and there she came with a cross bow in her hand. She aimed at me and was about to release it when a huge black wolf appeared out of no where and stood in front of me. She proceeded to release it and when she did I was already in front of the wolf, and the arrow hit my arm. I didn't want the wolf to get hurt because of me. I was bleeding non stop but she managed to vanished into thin air with the two brothers before I became unconscious in the arms of my savior wolf.

" Wake up Leticia" He's here, he's in my room but why. Okay be calm Leticia just pretend to still be sleeping he'll get fed up and leave. I stuck to my plan until the devil spoke up again.

"I know your awake so get out of bed and let me take you to the pack doctor." He said but I still had my eyes closed and didn't want to look at him because of what he did to me last night. I was afraid my wolf might easily forgive her mate at the sight of him.

"And why do you need to take me to the pack doctor," come to think of it my body was hurting all over and I couldn't feel any part of my body. "I'm fine and fit why do I need to go see any pack doctor." I lied hoping he would believe me but I couldn't see his face since I still had my eyes closed.

"You look pale and sweaty so quickly get out of bed and let's go to the pack doctor." He still insisted knowing I was lying.

I opened my eyes to see him sitting on me bed looking like the Greek god he always looked like. "I'm perfectly fit as a fiddle so don't worry and please leave my room because I want to be alone." I relied cooly trying really hard to convince him, and I don't want someone who doesn't care about me to take care of me.

He looked at me with a stone cold expression which made a shiver run through my spine but he replied anyway. "You're obviously lying so get your butt out of bed and let's go see the doctor. " His tone surprised me because it came out really sincere and didn't match the cold expression he still had on his face.

"I'm okay and I mean it," I lied again and tried to prove it to him. I struggled to get out of bed and stand in front of him as he stared at me with a curious expression but unluckily my legs gave me off and I fell on my butt. My legs felt weak, it was so embarrassing but I managed to put on a fake smile. "See I'm fine no need to worry about me ," I told him sitting on the floor.

"And who said I'm worried about you, you're just a responsibility I have to take care of and plus you're a really huge burden on my shoulders." As he ended that statement, I felt my heart crash into a million pieces over and over again, the pain I felt was immense.

I didn't know what to say, I was in total shock and as the pain slowly went away, I realized I was thrown over the shoulders of the devil walking in a strange hallway in the pack house. Soon we arrived at a room and he opened the door and set me on a bed in the room as a man looking like Santa in a white doctors coat approached him.

"Alpha" he bowed and Jordan nodded. He then turned to me and did the same to me, I also nodded.

"She's feeling sick and I brought her here to have you check her out." All the time I was quiet and what Jordan said to me earlier kept on replaying in my head.

"Describe how you feel right now Luna," the doctor asked me.

"I feel weak, sweaty, cold and I think I have a loss of appetite." I admitted to him and he just nodded, after examining me he gave Jordan some drugs to give to me and told me to rest for sometime on the bed I was sitting on. I complied as he went out of the room to speak to Jordan.

I couldn't sleep, my heart felt heavy and I wanted to cry but I saw crying as a weakness right now and I wouldn't want Jordan to think his words really hurt me but in actuality, it did. Could I really not mean anything to him, I mean am I that ugly for him to despise like that. As I kept in contemplating about my flaws, Jordan walked in.

He stared at me a few seconds with a blank expression but finally spoke. "You better get well really quick because your induction is on the day after tomorrow and I'm not ready to babysit a sick person and most of all you." Not what I expected and that was the last draw.

"Why do you hate me soo much, I mean am I that ugly and unattractive or what. Please let me know what flaw I have that makes you hate me." I asked him sincerely hoping for a reasonable explanation.

"I don't hate you Leticia, I just don't trust you and plus I'm too old to have a young naive mate. Your just too young for me and I wasn't looking forward to having a mate, I've been mateless for many years now that, the thought and reality of having one makes me angry." He finished looking at me with an unreadable expression, "I'm sorry to disappoint you but my wolf and I aren't ready to accept you." He added.

Now I actually felt like crying "Why would you take me away from my family if this is what you had in mind. Your so heartless and cruel, I hate you so much, do you ever think of how I feel. Being in a strange place and thinking my life is in danger and the only person who's suppose to make me feel safe just ignores me and sees me as a fly who keeps on disturbing him. Ever since I came here you have been of no help to me and you don't even bother to assure me I'll be safe or more over comfort me and make me feel protected. When I came to you last night about what had happened in my room, you pushed me away like a bug. I so freaking hate you, all you do is stare at me with those stone cold expression of yours making me feel like an enemy. I expected a fairytale story when I found my mate but instead, it turned out to be a nightmare, the perfect nightmare. How unlucky and cursed could I be, I wish you were never my mate." After I was done screaming at him, I had tears running down my face so I quickly wiped them away, he doesn't deserve my tears.

"You make me feel like the bad character but I have done worst than that to people close to me and since you don't create your destiny, your wish didn't happen and I'm still your mate. Face reality and stop wanting to live in lala-land Leticia, your too old for that. We will never be a fairytale." He said the latter part in a mocking tone which made me have this strong urge to slap him.

"Only the moon goddess knows how much I hate you right now." I honestly admitted.

"But you know you truly love me inside." He mocked me and knowing he was right and decided to jeer at me, I became so furious that I slapped him.

After I did that, his eyes turned pitch black meaning his wolf was in contol. He grabbed my wrists so tight that it hurt so bad and the pain was extremely unbearable since his nails were digging into my skin making blood come out. My sickness started to kick in as I felt weak, my head started hurting and I felt extremely dizzy. The last thing I remembered was everything turned black and I felt myself fall but I was held by someone just like the dream I had earlier.

Hey guys, I'm sorry to took me some time to write this chapter but I promise the next chapter will be long and very interesting. Thanks and love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
276K 6.6K 25
What happens when your in the World's greatest pack but your the lowest? Sasha has been greatly misunderstood. On the outside, she may seem like a co...
1.1M 45K 50
*BOOK ELEVEN* (Can be read as standalone) "There's a problem with your theory," he murmurs, the touch of his fingers down my jawline, down my neck, a...
7.6M 231K 32
Lily Crawford was once loved and treasured by her whole pack but that stopped on her 14th birthday when she didn't shift like she was supposed to. In...