Chapter 19 (Sorry Isn't Enough to Fix This)

In a matter minutes, I was on a bed with Doc Nat examining me. He gave me a shot which led to my unconsciousness.

I awoke staring at the ceiling; feeling blinded by a bright light my eyes had to adjust to, there was no pain. It had disappeared and my mouth felt dry. The smell of Jordan hit my nose and I sat up to find him asleep on a chair next to my bed. The laughter that erupted from my throat was loud and raspy which I think woke him up. My mind is playing tricks on me again, he looked like my mate. Blinking for about ten times Léo still had Jordan's face.

"Jordan really is driving me," I said out of discontentment.

He got up and got me a bottle of water, "I'm glad I am." Wait a minute he sounded like Jordan, I stared at him in disbelieve. Tapping my cheeks to wake myself up he spoke again, "This isn't the reaction I expected." Oh, my sweet potato pie it is my mate. I threw the sheets off me and pulled him in for a tight embrace.

Not being able to control myself, I pushed him away crying out of anger and relief. "What in God's name wrong with you, no calls, no nothing, how in the world did you expect me to survive? Do you have any idea how scared I was with thoughts of something happening to you? I know you're heartless but this was too much," I kept on ranting and he did nothing but stare at me silently, I probably looked and sounded crazy. He stepped closer and unexpectedly hugged me causing me to shut up.

"I promise to never do that to you again. Honestly, if I hadn't done that, it would have been hard for me to focus since you pretty much occupied my mind every second of the day." I smiled feeling happy that he was thinking about me. It felt good to have him back in my arms and not in that of the wicked witch.

"Do you know what happened to me?" I asked.

He nodded, "Doctor Nat says it was a severe migraine but you'll be alright."

"When did you arrive?"

"This morning, your cousin and uncle send their greetings. I bet you're hungry, what do you want to eat?" I wondered if he was going to cook for me.

All I craved for was some soup, "vegetable soup would do."

"Louise made some for when you wake up. I'll go get it." I nodded and he left to get it. I went to the bathroom to rinse my mouth and wash my face then put my hair in a bun.

After I was done with the soup, Jordan took the plates out and Doc Nat came in to do further checks on me to make sure I was good. "You seem fine and ready to go unless you want to stay here and keep me company." We both laughed knowing there was no way that was going to happen because I wanted to spend time with Jordan.

"As much as I would love to stay, I want to go back to my room," I replied.

"Alright, if you need company, you know where to find me." He said and left, Jordan came in a few minutes after him.

"Can I stay with you for the night?" I asked him, not wanting to be alone; I wanted him closer thinking back to what Ash said earlier that no one knew what would happen if Elisa was to return. Now it was my duty to make sure that her presence wouldn't impact our relationship.

He nodded, "Yeah sure, you can sleep in my room." I thought he was going to turn me down. We went upstairs to his room. This was my third time in his room and remembering how I took a picture of him cracked me up. Jordan probably thought I was crazy, as a matter of fact, that photo is my wallpaper. I turned to ask him more about the trip but he was very close all of a sudden. I started freaking out inside even though, this was what I wanted.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. Staring into my eyes, he looked down at my lips and back into my eyes before kissing me. I instantly responded to his lips on mine and man did it feel good as my mate kissed me with such dominance and intensity. He lifted me up and put me on his bed but our lips never broke apart with him on top of me, I pulled him closer, hungry for more of him. Our kiss was filled with so much hunger, passion, and want. I moaned and he moved his lips away from mine kissing down my neck.