Chapter 18 (The Guardian)

"That's because Chad is Jordan's younger brother." Where, last time I heard his only brother had been Cain who is already dead and didn't he lose his relatives years ago.

I stared at him blankly with confusion written all over my place. "He's not the Alpha's biological brother." He added.

"Can you then clarify for me how they are related?" That boy was young enough to be Jordan's son, not his brother. I can't imagine a young child being more than a century old.

This time around it was Vince who spoke up, "Chad lost his parents five years ago. The news left everyone devastated so the Alpha decided to be his older brother for him to not feel alone. He does everything in his power to keep the kid happy and assigned Megan to be his caretaker since he can't be around all the time."

"Such act of kindness coming from a heartless jerk," I muttered but it was clear they heard me.

"The Alpha told me you opposed his journey to your uncle's pack." I wasn't expecting Ash to know what happened but being my mate's closest friend, Jordan probably tells him everything.
I nodded and he asked why.

"I don't have a good feeling about it," was my simple reply.

Ashton asked after some time, "are you sure that's the only reason why you didn't want him to leave." I nodded, there's no way I'm going to be sitting here for both him and Vince to question me like I had something to hide. I was getting ready to leave when Doc Nat came out.

"How's he doing?" Ash was the first to ask.

"His condition is stable, the injury wasn't that serious so he'll be up and running in about a week." We all felt relieved to hear that from him. "I need to get some things done so I'll have to excuse myself." We nodded and he left for his office.

"I'll go deliver the news to Megan," Vince said and left Ashton and me alone, although were in good terms, I felt uncomfortable being around him at that moment because I believed he was going to try to get answers from me.

"I'll be going to my room," I said proceeding to leave but he stopped me.

"Why do I get this feeling that you are hiding something?" He said searching for my eyes.

I chuckled, "don't have a clue what you're talking about." I can't believe I'm lying to the one person who was friendly towards me when I first arrived.

"Yes, you do."

"Honestly, I don't." I tried to sound convincing.

He stepped closer and I moved back feeling overshadowed, "you know you can confide in me right." For me to tell him, he had to answer my question.

I decided to make a proposition, "Answer my question and I'll tell you."

He nodded and we sat down next to each other. "What do you think will happen between Jordan and me if Elisa were to reappear in his life, please be truthful." Ash being my mate's best friend has known him longer than I have, therefore, making him the perfect candidate to answer my question.

A silent moment passed before he replied, "No one knows what will happen if she were to reappear into the picture, not even the Alpha himself. Her hold on him is so strong that we all will have to wait and see how the story will unfold." Instantly, the thought of Jordan with her crossed my mind, I'll be damned if he left me for her.

"I didn't want Jordan to go to my uncle's pack because there's a possibility he might end up meeting Elisa," I confessed but he looked puzzled.

"Elisa disappeared years ago and since then no one has set eyes on her." He stated and I explained everything to him. I told him about my dream and the red-eyed twins Tristan and Rousel.