Chapter 9 (Background History)

For what seemed like hours, I was still up with the girl's family, some old pack members and her little brother who was fast asleep. Suddenly, Jordan walked inside carrying the body of what seemed like a lifeless girl in his arms. He hurried her to the doctors section of the pack house.

The girls family and I quickly followed them, but not before the girls dad told her brother to stay back and take care of his younger sibling. He didn't seem to agree with his father but he did it anyway. We arrived and the doctor told the family and I to wait outside as Jordan entered the room with Doc. Nat. Wait a second why is he allowed in there, I mean he's the Alpha but he isn't a doctor and neither does he have any healing abilities.

I waited outside with the parents and I tried so hard to comfort the crying mother but to no avail. I became irked and did everything in my power not to show it, she should be busy praying to the moon goddess but all she's doing is weeping like a cry baby. I mean I apprehend her feelings as a mother but can't she at least be considerate enough to recognize that I'm trying over here.

I think her mate saw my frustration and struggle so he took a seat beside her and took over. It looked like he was speaking to her but I couldn't hear anything or sound from her lips. A few minutes later she became tranquil and I could have swear that my mouth was agape.

Why the hell did he make me struggle for? If he knew he could comfort his own mate. The nerve of these people.

Why am I feeling angry all of a sudden....? I asked myself internally. "You're jealous. He is able to calm his mate that easily and we are struggling to seek and gain attention from ours." My annoying wolf replied and then blocked me out, what the hell is her problem. I agree with her though, looking at the couple made me realize that I would never have what they have. "See I'm right." She replied mockingly knowing perfectly well that she was right.

"Shut your damn mouth, either way we're both in this together you stupid annoying wolf." I yelled at her but out loud that the couple just turned to look at me as if asking if I was alright.

"Um sorry, I'm just having trouble with my wolf." I said chagrined. They just nodded and went back to their state of consoling each other.

We waited for hours and I didn't realize I was asleep until someone shook me, I lifted my head off my knees to face Jordan. "You should go to bed, it's late and your initiation is tomorrow." He suggested and I nodded before I stood up to go upstairs to my room.

"How's the girl...? I turned to ask him since I didn't see the girl's parents there, come to think of it, I don't even know their names or the name of their daughter.

"She's in coma, she will be up in no time." He responded with assurance like he was the pack doctor or something. I stared up at him suspiciously.

"How do you know..? It's not like you're the pack doctor or something." I asked him with that "what are you hiding look."

"Nat told me and I believe him." He answered looking away like he was trying to hide something. I know he is lying to me so I moved closer towards him and looked straight into his eyes. His eyes were really beautiful, they were in the mixed color of green and blue, his hair was shaved and you could see the waves in them. He had a chiseled face with his perfect kissable lips, and greek nose man this guy is perfect in every type of way.

I wanted to touch his handsome face but I realized how I was looking and thinking about him and his handsomeness so I took a step back feeling a little bit embarrassed. "Okay whatever." I tried my hardest to brush it off and made a mental to myself to research more about him any chance I get.

I turned to leave but Jordan spoke up, "Leticia" my heart quickly skipped a beat and I turned to look at him expectantly but all he could say was "Good night". Wow, that was all he had to say, that....that.....arrg. I mentally groaned but nodded with a small smile and forced myself to go to my room and not turn and take a glance at him.