Chapter 13 (I'll Kill Anyone Who Tries To Harm You.)

Forcing myself to pull away from him, we stared at each other intensely with me making sure to have every detail of this encounter memorized and nailed in my brain. I longed to kiss him, with our faces just inches apart, I moved in to close our distance but he pulled away.

"I have to go," not knowing how to reply, I nodded feeling a wave of jilt flood me because he didn't seem like he had any thoughts of kissing me.

When he opened the door, a strong built guy with jet black hair stood in front of him. He bowed to show us both respect. "Here I am Alpha, Ken told me you wanted to see me." The guy spoke.

"Yes, I want you to start you duty as the Luna's bodyguard." Jordan replied, why would I need a guard to follow me around in the house. "Leticia meet Vince." He introduced us and I smiled at him.

"Um one moment Vince," I said and dragged Jordan back into the room shutting the door. "I don't need anyone to look after me, I can take care of myself." I announced seriously.

"Yes you do and I will not change my mind, he's one of our top warriors therefore he's capable of protecting you. He must be with you wherever you go and just in case you try to play hide and seek, just know he'll be punished for every second you go missing without him. I have to get going." He left me aggravated because I knew there was no way out of this and I wouldn't want anyone getting penalized for my actions.

Leaving the room, I smiled uneasily at Vince, "hey," I waved my hand at him which for some reason caused him to chuckle, Awkay.

"I'm a tough guy but that doesn't mean I'm always serious Luna." He said and I thanked the Moon Goddess that he wasn't like those big muscled bodyguards you see on TV who couldn't smile or laugh.

"That's awesome, I feel relieved. Are you hungry, it's dinner time and I'm heading downstairs to the kitchen?" I offered.

"Sure, I could eat homemade food after days of relying on fruits, rabbits and squirrels as a source of food during patrol." He replied and I wondered how many hours they spent patrolling.

"How long do you guys spend patrolling." I questioned.

"We spend long hours and days making sure the bother is protected, there's always patrol going on regardless the time of the day." These people are seriously obsessed with patrol because back in my pack they had set times for patrol which was mostly at night.

"How big the pack," I questioned him again.

He looked at me and smiled, "It's big, plus our territory stretches out further into the mountains, the pack house isn't where all the wolves live, there are other houses in a good size wolf community to the west not long from here. Everyone loves being in the pack house, but not everyone you see here lives here including the Alpha."

"The Alpha doesn't live here?"

"No, he lives amongst us, the people and he has his own house but is he stays here when he believes the pack is in danger. The Beta is the one who resides here." Okay, I didn't know all that but then again I wouldn't expect Jordan to start telling me this.

"I'd love to go there since I practically haven't been anywhere except for the woods and the pack house." I wanted to explore my mate's territory and also know his house.

"Well it's your lucky night because, one of the girls is hosting a party in her house tonight, her parents aren't around, and I want to go bu-..."

"Don't worry, we're going Vince, count me in." I cut him off, not wanting to miss a chance at my first party and I wouldn't want him to miss a party because of me.

"Okay Luna." He replied.

Turning to him, I put my index finger up, "the name is Leticia not Luna."