With souls, Paired

By farslimah

COMPLETED✔️ ✔️ Prince Abdul Karim Tawfiq Abdul Malik. Future King of the UAE. His father made history loving... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
THIS MUST STOP❗️✊🏿
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Winners🎊
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Interview‼️❤️
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70(Epilogue)

Chapter 67

1.9K 151 29
By farslimah

Salam
Enjoy 😊

*******************************************

Karim and Zaira dressed up in 3 minutes max as Tawfiq kept banging the door like a mad man.

"Shit!" Karim cursed quietly.

"You're so dead." Zaira giggled.

Karim glared at her.

"If you had kept your hands to yourself, I wouldn't have been so dead."

"Well I asked if you were a good driver and you said you were. Besides I thought you said you wouldn't mind giving a decade's allowance." Zaira smiled.

"I'll be dead before I give him my allowance."

"It's honestly just a car. I don't see why he's going to do anything to you." Zaira shrugged.

"My dad doesn't take his cars as just cars...they're weirdly precious to him."

"Well he's weird." Zaira rolled her eyes.

"Karim! If you don't open the fucking door...I swear I'll remove it off it's hinges!" Tawfiq threatened from behind the door.

Karim raked his hair.

"You're the reason we're in this situation." Karim blamed.

"We? Babe...you're alone in this situation. I didn't scratch the car. You did." Zaira shrugged.

Karim's mouth dropped.

"But don't worry, love. I won't let him kill you. I'll let you escape until he cools down."

"How?"

"I have a plan."

**

"Dad!" Zaira exclaimed excitedly when she opened the door.

Tawfiq narrowed his gaze at her. When did she start referring to him as Dad.

"Where's Karim?" Tawfiq frowned as he looked around.

"He had a fever so he went to the clinic to get drugs." Zaira replied and stepped aside for Tawfiq to walk in.

"He had a fever? And had the ability to walk to the clinic?"

"Um yeah? It's not like he broke his legs." Zaira chuckled and saw Karim tip toe slowly and quietly out of the closet room.

"I don't know what he told you or if you're lying for him but Karim can't even raise a hand when he has a fever. He wouldn't even be fully conscious to walk downstairs. Let alone the clinic."

Zaira saw as Karim walked slowly very quietly towards the door.
Tawfiq hadn't turned so he couldn't see him.

"It wasn't serious." Zaira covered up.

"There's nothing like a not serious fever for Karim and I. So I ask once again. Where is Karim? Since you're covering up for him, you ought to know where he is."

"I don't know. Honestly. Scouts honor."

"Tell me where Karim is, Zaira." Tawfiq said through gritted teeth.

"I said I don't know. And besides what did he do that you're so angry at him for?"

"If you tell me where he is, I'll tell you why I'm angry."

Karim was almost at the door when the door opened on it's own.

"Karim? Why are you standing there like that?" Naima asked when she saw Karim in a hunched over position.

Tawfiq turned to look at him.

Karim straightened quickly.

"I can explain." He said quickly.

Tawfiq stalked to him slowly.

"I'd like to hear what made you decide to do the one thing I told you not to do." Tawfiq seethed.

"What's going on? Aren't you supposed to be sick?" Naima frowned.

"There are more than 20 cars in the garage, Karim. Why did you touch that one?" Tawfiq growled.

Zaira walked closer to Karim.

She didn't want to be at the other end of this anger so she decided to save herself. Karim was strong enough and used to this enough to handle it.

"I told him not to. I said it was too nice to take it out. But he insisted we take it." Zaira said innocently.

Karim's eyes widened. Did she just throw him under the bus? Oh she'd regret it.

Zaira mouthed a sorry to him.

"You went with him? You sat in the car too?" Tawfiq narrowed his gaze at her.

"She did. Had her legs on the seats even." Karim looked at her directly as he spoke.

Zaira's eyes widened in shock and fear at the anger being directed to her.

"You had your leg...on my seat?" Tawfiq chuckled unbelievably.

"What seat? What car?" Naima asked.

Tawfiq didn't want to answer her yet. She didn't have to know. At least not now.

"I'm sorry we took your car and scratched it. I'll get you a new one."

"Scratched?! There was a fucking dent at the side!" Tawfiq sneered angrily.

"I'm still sorry, dad."

"I want to bash your head into the fucking wall!" Tawfiq growled.

He wasn't angry the car was dented and scratched. He was angry because Karim had ruined his plans.

"I said I'll get you another one." Karim mentally face palmed.

"It took 4 months to get the car fully customized and brought here."

"Four months isn't a very long time. I'll get you another..."

Tawfiq punched the wall by Karim.

Zaira stepped back quickly.

"Tawfiq!" Naima shouted.

"Dad! What's the big deal! I said I'd get you another one..."

"I don't need another car in four months, Karim. I needed that car next week!"

"For what? You can take another car to go anywhere." Karim didn't see the big issue with things.

"It's your mother's anniversary gift, you fuckhead. And you've fucking ruined it." Tawfiq glared daggers at him.

Karim pursed his lips.

"Oh." Karim didn't know what to say.

He didn't realize when someone hit his head. Very hard at that.

It was his mother.

"Ow! Mama!"

"You dented my anniversary present and ruined my surprise!? You stupid boy!" Naima shouted angrily at him.

She turned to look at Tawfiq and smiled.

"You got me a customized car?" She smiled and placed her hands on his cheeks.

"I did. You were so awed by the race cars we saw at the Dubai Racing Festival last year and I thought I'd get you one like it." Tawfiq said softly.

"But this one had to come and ruin your surprise." Tawfiq frowned.

"I didn't know it was for mom. You could have told me it was her anniversary gift." Karim mumbled.

"If I had told you, you'd have told her I got her a car earlier than I wanted just to get her to give you permission to take it out. That's why I told you it's mine. Expecting you to back off. But no. You and your wife go and dent the car instead. Did you just learn how to drive? How the hell did you even end up denting it?" Tawfiq frowned.

Karim narrowed his gaze at Zaira for a few seconds.

"I was distracted." Karim simply replied.

Zaira could feel her cheeks warming up.

Now??? Why were they warming up now?
She had to calm down quickly because Tawfiq was smart he'd catch on.

"Distracted? By what!"

Karim kept his gaze on Zaira. She was the reason they were in this situation and yet she didn't waste time to throw him under the bus.

"Something." Karim muttered.

Tawfiq just kept looking at the two of them. He didn't miss Zaira's face becoming red.

Wait...

No fucking way.

"Wait...please tell me what I'm thinking didn't happen in the car." Tawfiq scrunched his face in disgust.

They didn't? Right?

"Please tell me you didn't...God...you didn't break your fucking virginity in the fucking car, Karim?!" Tawfiq growled.

"Please stop talking about my virginity, dad! And we didn't have sex in your car for goodness sake. We have a fucking bed! As I said I was distracted. God!"

Tawfiq's face morphed into a smirk.

"So you're not a virgin anymore then?" He wiggled his brow.

Naima's mouth dropped in astonishment. Wasn't he just angry?
She hit his head.
She wasn't a fan of extravagant gifts but she liked sports cars...a lot. And Karim had spoilt it.

"Tawfiq. My car!" Naima glared at him.

"Oh yeah. I got carried away. I'm just so proud of him. Our son isn't a child anymore." Tawfiq dabbed his eyes.

"Tawfiq!" Naima frowned.

What was with him and Karim's virginity.

Even Karim and Zaira stood there flabbergasted. A minute ago he was about to cut off their heads and now he was smiling.

It didn't last long enough though.

Tawfiq fisted Karim's dress in his hand and brought him closer to him.

"That car was worth 3.6 million dollars, Karim. And you dented it. You're going to send it back to the company and have that dent fixed. And whiles you're at it, you'll get the seats cleaned out to remove any distractions." Tawfiq paused for a moment.
"You know what? Get all the fucking seats replaced. We can't tell how far your distraction went. I want that car back in my garage by the end of this week. You understand?" Tawfiq said lowly.

Karim nodded.

"Use your words."

"I understand."

"And you're both using your allowance to pay for everything. I don't care how much it costs." Tawfiq ended before letting him go.

"I didn't know I had an allowance." Zaira puckered her lips.

"You did. But unfortunately now you clearly don't." Tawfiq answered.

"Could you get them to paint it black for me?" Naima added.

Black was her favorite color.

"It's already black." Karim muttered.

"Blue black then." Naima grinned.

She just wanted them to suffer for ruining her surprise.

"Fine." Karim mumbled.

"Let's go then, Tawfiq." Naima urged him out of the room.

They both walked out of the room without another word.

Karim exhaled.

Zaira was glaring at him. She had the nerve?

"You liar! I didn't put my legs on any seat!" She exclaimed.

"I wouldn't have to lie if you didn't rat me out."

"I didn't mean to rat you out. I was thinking of the bigger picture." Zaira frowned.

"The bigger picture?!" Karim questioned.

"Yes. I had to rat you out and save myself so that if he killed you, I'd live to tell the tale and take care of Samia." Zaira pouted.

"Ya Allah! I can't listen to you." Karim grumbled.

"I'm going to bed." He added.

"It's 11 in the morning." Zaira pointed out.

"So? You've got a job to go to or something?"

"No."

"Then are you coming or not?" Karim asked as he climbed on the bed.

"I'm only coming because I don't want you to get scared of the monsters."
She walked to the bed and climbed on it.

"I don't know what I'll do with you." Karim chuckled and pulled her into his arms.

She snuggled closer to him and breathed him in.

"You smell like my shampoo." She noted.

"Because you thought it was a good idea to pour half of your shampoo into the tub. I still feel soapy."

Zaira chuckled before closing her eyes.

**

"So. Is this what you're going to do forever?" Zaira looked up at him.

"What?"

"Staying in bed all day and doing nothing? Aren't you supposed to get to work or school?"

"I'm done with normal school. And I don't have a job I can do."

"Normal school?"

"Yes. I finished high school at 17 and I went for a two year degree after that."

"That's all!? People take years to finish school and you were done at 19! And isn't a college degree four years?" Zaira exclaimed.

"It is but I'm the crown prince. I have other stuff to learn. My siblings will go the normal four years."

"Other stuff?"

"Yeah. I'm supposed to go to England to attend a four year course in the art of ruling. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff has kept me from going." Karim explained to her.

"So you'll go now?" Zaira questioned.

"You want me to go?" Karim combed through her hair.

"I want you to do what you have to do and what's good for you." Zaira answered.

"Hmm. If I go, you won't see me for four years, Zaira. It's a continuous course. Nothing like vacations."

"What?" Zaira frowned.

"It's how King William's Academy run. Just like how you can't take breaks off from being a ruler, you can't take vacations too. You could visit me but twice a year at most."

Zaira sighed.

"At least there won't be other women there." She muttered.

"It's named after a man but it's a co-educational academy. There will be other women. Queens. Princesses. A lot of people meet their prospective other there." Karim smiled.

Zaira narrowed her gaze at him.

"You'll have a dead Queen or Princess in your hands, Karim. Don't do anything stupid."

"So jealous. You need not to worry, I won't go."

"You won't? Why? You have to."

"I won't leave you and Samia for four years. I can't. If I didn't know you or have Samia, I'd have been going in my third year already. But I have the two most beautiful girls in the world. You don't expect me to leave you two."

"We'll be fine. Don't worry about us. We'll visit even. You have to go, Karim. It's what's good for you."

"I'm not going, Zaira. I already decided on it."

"How can you become a great king without going to the academy?"

"My dad did an online course after he became king. It's difficult because you have to be ruling and making it in time for the online lectures but I assure you. I can manage."

"We can't keep doing this everyday. Just staying at home all day doing nothing. You have a responsibility and you have to do it. Don't let me hold you back. I'll be okay."

"I know what you mean but let's just enjoy this freedom. The Academy will be there forever."

"Karim..."

"Listen to me, Zaira. If I go to the Academy and I return, l'll be given a position immediately. And I know my dad. The second I'm given a position he'll be working on stepping down and making me king so he can ran off with my mom into the sunset. It's what he's been dreaming about since I became crown prince. And when I become king, you'll look back at these lazy days and miss them. I want us to have a lot of these lazy days just cuddling in bed for as long as possible before I'm made king. I want you to understand that." Karim explained to her.

"I understand you. But they all lead to you becoming king. Go to the Academy, Karim. I'll even talk to your dad to hold on with handing over until way later. If I don't get to see you all day, I know I'll get to see you at night."

"I'm not going, Zaira. And that's final. I already told my dad I won't go and I love you, Zaira but nothing you say will let me go." Karim said with finality.

They were both quiet for a while before Zaira spoke.

"You know what I wanted to be when I was a kid?"

"What?" Karim pushed her hair behind her ears.

"A pirate."

Karim burst into laughter.

"Figures. Your brother said you loved finding stuff." Karim said to her.

"But pirate is a bit too far fetched."

"I know. Zayan told me it was impossible unless I wanted to die at sea on a small canoe or get shot in the head by the navy for invading their waters." Zaira chuckled.

"But I wanted to be a pirate so bad. I wanted to be on a big ship with a big skull flag waving around and a map showing the way to find treasures everyday."

"Aye, Aye, Captain. You'd have been a scary Captain with one leg made of wood, an eye patch and a talking parrot."

"Ew. No. I would have been beautiful. The beauty of the sea. All other captains would give up their treasures for me."

"You could be a little humble about it."

"I don't need to be humble about the truth."
She shrugged.

"But anyway, Zayan told me it wasn't going to happen and pirates like that were no more. But he told me I could still find lost treasures without using a ship to cross seas."

"He told me I could be an archaeologist. Nothing fancy. It wasn't the same as being a pirate but it was close enough even though I wouldn't be able to keep anything I found. But I'd still find treasures of the world." Zaira grinned happily.

"I'm still young. I have lots of time to pursue it." She added.

"You finished high school?" Karim asked curiously.

"In a way. Jafar made me do a three months course and in the end I got a high school degree. I didn't even write any exams."

Karim frowned.

He didn't like to hear his name being spoken so freely.

"I'm sorry. I know you don't like to hear his name."

"Don't worry about it." Karim covered up.

"If you want, you can go to TRS and major in archaeology. You've already got a high school degree fake or not." Karim added.

Zaira shook her head furiously. She knew what TRS was. It was a school for Royals.

"I'm not going to any school for a bunch of stuck up idiots who get angry because they didn't get a Bugatti for their 16th birthday."

"You're calling me a stuck up idiot then?" Karim arched a brow.

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm not going to TRS. Besides I'm not a royal."

"You're a royal as long as you're my wife. Don't forget it. You're qualified to go to TRS without question." Karim explained.

"I'm still not going."

"Fine. There are other universities in the city I can get you into."

"You? You're not my father, Karim. If I'm going to a university I'm going with my own hardwork. And not because I'm your wife." Zaira said firmly.

"They'll know the degree is fake, Zaira. And how are you going to afford it?" Karim tried to explain to her.

"I have money I saved back in the US. I don't care if they find out. Then I'll go back to high school and finish it for real."

"Zaira. You don't need to go back to high school when I can just get you into a university here."

"Stop this, Karim. Stop it. I don't need you to grant me things I haven't earned. Everything I want, I'll get it myself. I can't just be made into a robot following your orders, Karim. I want to know how to do something on my own." Zaira frowned slightly before continuing. "I want to be like your mother. Independent and strong, so that if you decide to get rid of me one day, I'll survive. Your mother was able to perform a surgery on me even though she hadn't done anything with a scalpel in years. Let alone to a human. That's what I want, Karim. To be able to do something good for others, for myself even."

"I won't get rid of you." Karim sat up straight.

"We're young, Karim. I want you to know that. We may seem like we can conquer the world on our own but we're still basically kids. Albeit, traumatized. We have so much to accomplish. You have so much to accomplish and I don't want to be the reason you throw everything you could do away. I won't be that person. You have to do you first. Achieve everything you want to first. Before anything else. Before even me. That's what we should both do. Be able to stand firmly on our two feet before relying on each other."

"I understand if you want to go to a university other than TRS. I'll accept your choice but I won't accept that you want to do everything on your own. I won't, Zaira. You could have 90 fucking billion dollars in your account wherever, I'll still take care of your education and everything else you need. And not because it's my responsibility as your husband but because I want to. Me paying your fees and looking after you won't make you any less independent. You can go to school if you want but I'm not going to the Academy, Zaira. Let's make that one fact clear."

They both stared at each other. They both didn't want to back down first.

After a moment, Zaira gave up and exhaled.

"We will never agree on this issue so we'll put it off for a while and when we've thought over everything and we're calm we'll talk about it again." Zaira suggested.

"Fine." Karim muttered.

"I do hope you think things through, Karim. Your decision could change so much."

"I'm not leaving you, Zaira. I'm not saying I won't go to the Academy. I've just decided to just do my course when I become king online. I can handle it as long as you're with me. I'm sure I can. Maybe by then you'd be an archaeologist too."

Zaira smiled.

She looked at Karim and pursed her lips before smiling again.

We will never work out this way.

"Maybe." She muttered.

"I don't like arguing with you." Karim mumbled.

"Me too. But arguing is good. It means we care for each other."

Karim nodded.

Zaira decided to change the topic.

"How much do you think fixing the car will cost?"

"A lot, I presume. It's a customized car. There aren't just spare parts and seats lying around for it. It won't leave a dent in my account but I'll definitely feel it."

"It won't if I add my allowance. How much is my allowance?" She frowned.

"Maybe in the ten thousands. I don't really know though. And don't worry, I can pay for it."

"I'm the reason it's dented."

"Yes. You are. But you're not going to use your first allowance to fix a car. Besides I should have had a bit more control."

"I'd have thought you were gay if you didn't react." Zaira drew circles on his arm.

"Even a gay person would react."

Zaira's fingers began to descend down slowly but Karim caught hold of her wrist. She frowned.

"If this continues, I'm going to miss prayers."

Zaira groaned.

"We could make it quick."

"You know I'd love to. But it's almost time for Zuhr and I really don't want to miss it."

"You could pray after...

"Zaira..." Karim frowned slightly.

"I know you may have your reasons not to practice but it doesn't mean I shouldn't pray."

"I'm not saying don't pray. I just said you could pray after. Besides what shows He's even listening. I've gone through hell and back and He's never done anything to make it better. I don't even see the essence of anything. If he were listening to your constant prayers, I'm sure Samia's mother would still be here. Amira would still be alive. And I'd not be so broken either." Zaira pointed out.

Karim sighed.

"I understand how you feel. When I lost Shams and Amira, at that time I felt like Allah had decided pain was written for me in every part of my life. I thought after difficulty came ease. But after every difficulty I faced, ease never came. Just more difficulty. At one point I thought just like you. Was Allah even listening? Did He even care?" Karim paused.
"And that's when I realized, He did. I was so focused on a specific ease I thought I deserved that I didn't notice all the ease he had given me before even any difficulty. All the ease I had with me. Samia was my ease, my family was my ease. You are my ease. Me being alive and well was an ease. Everything I had was an ease. And when I understood that, I realized that He really did care. I wasn't alone no matter how it seemed to me. Maybe at your lowest you thought He had abandoned you but if He had, you'd know. You'd definitely know. He gives you live, mobility, health, everything. And if He had really abandoned you, you'd lack all these things. So, yes, Zaira. He listens. To everything.  Just see it from a better perspective and you'd see He's actually with you." Karim ended.

Zaira chuckled dryly.
"You don't know an iota of the shit I've been through. Shit I prayed countless times to be saved from but nothing. Nothing, Karim, nothing. He clearly didn't want me then, he definitely won't want me now."

"You've never fully told me about what you went through in the beginning. But from bits and pieces I've added up, I know you went through so much. I won't say I understand your pain because I don't. But you can't say He doesn't want you, Zaira. You're alive and safe with me and you think he still doesn't want you? You could still be with...them...but you're here, in my arms because He made it possible."

"I prayed for you not to come there. Not to put your life in danger. But He didn't answer my prayers and sent you right into a death trap."

"You wanted me alive, Zaira. You might have prayed for me not to come but you just didn't want me to come because you were afraid I'd die. You didn't want me to die and here I am. Because He knows deep in your heart what you wanted. He gave us what we both wanted. I wanted to save you and you wanted me alive. He listened, Zaira. He really did."

Zaira didn't say anything. He just looked at Karim wearily. He had a point. But what about everything in the past. He didn't know that's why he thought everything was simple. It wasn't.

She looked down at his chest. She was going to tell him everything. Maybe then he'd understand her.

"When I was 16, Zayan left home. More like he ran away. He was my everything. I loved my little sister, Zahra but what Zayan and I had was different. He had promised me a while back that he'd never use his knowledge to hurt anyone. I believed him. I didn't know what made him do it. Make that bomb that killed your grandparents. And after making the bomb, he ran away. I knew he was trying to protect us but I was so angry that he left me alone. He left Zahra and I with parents who only cared about their job. I don't even remember what made me do it. All I remember is one morning I just got up and left home going to look for Zayan."

Karim stopped her.
"I know you said the information I dug up was false but I saw pictures of you, supposedly after the police found you. How did you fake it?" Karim questioned.

"Money, Karim, Money."

"It was just a pity story. If I was ever found out, a sob story was better for me."

Karim nodded in understanding.

"I had no idea where he went but I just thought 'Don't all people run away to America?' Fortunately, I knew Jafar travelled around the world. I asked him for help to look for my brother. Now that I think of it, he just helped me so he could also find Zayan and make sure he kept quiet. I managed to leave home and Jafar sent me to America. He was basically like a family friend so I trusted him. He said I could trust him and he'd help me find Zayan. Well, he lied. The first few months, he actually did help me. He helped me post pictures of him around. He definitely came to remove them later on. Everything was okay in the beginning. Jafar later tried to introduce me to a group of girls who were into seducing men and stealing from them. He wanted to train me to break men. I wasn't interested. All I wanted was to find Zayan. Jafar allowed it for a while. Got me private classes and got me a high school degree at 16." Zaira chuckled.

Karim just listened. He wanted to know everything she had gone through. He didn't want to feel pity. He wanted to feel for her.
Just that.

"Right after I got my degree, I had planned on leaving America. How was I going to find Zayan in a big country like that? I just needed to go back home. Talk to my parents and convince them that we needed to find Zayan. He was their son, they'd consider it. I told Jafar I wanted to leave the country. He didn't argue or anything. He just said he had to travel for a few days first and when he returned he'd send me back. He didn't. He just disappeared without a trace leaving me alone. I had no idea how to support myself and my visa was running out. I needed money to survive. I had none. I tried going to the girls that Jafar had introduced me to but I didn't have it in me to steal let alone seduce a man. One girl suggested me to a cartel. All I had to do was deliver a few drugs to some people and I'd get paid. Drugs were to dangerous for me but it was better than trying to seduce a man just to take his wallet. Marilyn was the leader of the cartel but I hadn't met her at that time. The first few weeks were simple. I had to just deliver the drugs to parties. I was making good money and I knew if it continued this smoothly I'd be out of the country. But. The next few weeks everything went downhill. I had to deliver the drugs to people in very dark places. Some were using their last savings to buy. Others were drunk and others were on the verge of going mad."

Zaira paused. She didn't want to talk anymore. Especially about this.

"That's when it started right? The addicts...they hurt you."
Zaira just nodded.

"The first time, I told the man who was giving me the drugs. He just shrugged it off and said it was part of the job. A few days later, he...raped me...the next week, his friend did too... and the next and the next. I was weak. I couldn't fight. I couldn't defend myself. I couldn't report it to the police because I was a drug peddler as well. I guess my luck run out because I was arrested soon enough. At that point I had just become a shell of a person. All I did when I was alone was cry. When they arrested me, I was asked to give up where we did our dealings. Which people were involved, where the leaders could be hiding. If I gave them answers to their questions they'd grant me immunity and a long term residency status. I knew all the answers. But. I declined. I don't know why I did that. But I did. The men may have messed me up but some were good people. The girls who seduced men were nice people who just needed the money to survive. Just like I did. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I just destroyed their lives. So, I was given 18 months in jail since I was a juvenile. I guess that's when I turned a new leaf. Prison...or Juvey...it changes you. It could change you for the better or for the worse. I guess I chose the latter. I made some friends. They were the first people to teach me how to defend myself. But they also told me the raw truth. There would be times I wouldn't be able to fight against my attacker. Instead of being a victim, I'd have to be brave enough to take control. If I didn't even get anything from it at least the pleasure would be assured. I was released pretty early. I didn't even finish my 18 months. When I stepped out of that place, I felt like a different person. I wasn't Zaira anymore. I was Z. That's when I got my butterfly tattoo. Change."

"Marilyn had heard of me. The teenage girl who refused to give her cartel up for freedom and residency. I had never seen the boss before. I always thought it would be a man but it was a woman. She promised me that if there was ever a thing I wanted all I had to do was ask. She felt indebted to me."

"That was the debt she repaid when she let us go." Karim said lowly.

"She told me later on that she had really wanted to kill your uncle and aunt since they had been after her for so long and finally she had them in her grasp. But she remembered her promise and let you all go." Zaira said to him.

"I saw her a few times after that time but stuff changed. I was paid more for delivery. She was looking out for me. She texted me to check up on me at times and even told me her name. None of her men even dared to touch me again. But I guess I wanted the control. So I approached men instead. I think it was my way of getting over the fact that I was weak. I became a tad bit dominant. I never wanted to submit. Never. And somehow they liked it. They liked the new me. They liked Z. All caked up with dyed hair and practically bare in skimpy clothes. That was around the time I met Basmah and her friend. I had blackmailed her friend to get me recommendation to apply for a visa for a while. I clearly would never return home now. I was a mess. I was a dominant sex addict. And I wasn't even 21 yet. I had to forget my family and move on. Unfortunately, he was Canadian so he had asked Basmah for help. She had been using drugs  and I was her supplier, though she had stopped asking for drugs at that time. I hadn't approached her first because I knew she was trying to stay clean and because she was a girl. I don't know but somehow I had no problem blackmailing or hurting a man but a woman was a whole other story. But I needed it urgently before I was deported so I went ahead and blackmailed them both. It worked out fine and I got my visa. I didn't see Basmah again after that. A month or so later, Jafar found me. The people in charge of giving me drugs to sell suddenly stopped. Said they didn't want me to land in any trouble again. I guess it was Jafar's doing. Even Marilyn stopped checking up on me. The last thing she sent me was that she was always there if I needed her. Jafar took me to another state. He told me my parents wanted to meet with me. They wanted me to come home. I didn't want to at first but I missed them so much and I missed Zahra even more. I had already given up on Zayan. I'd never find him. He told me I could meet up with them here in the UAE. I was so happy. I could go back to my life. But. Before I could even get a plane ticket, I was told they'd been killed. Jafar told me your father killed them along with Zahra. I remember I was so angry. Why would anyone do such a thing? Kill my parents and a little girl? I felt like killing your dad that instant. He was a wicked king. He abused power. I hated him. Jafar said I could get my revenge. He'd give me the chance to kill your father. To take vengeance for my family. He even told me he believed Zayan had been sent somewhere by your father. Somewhere no one would find him. I wanted revenge on a man I didn't even know. I trained... I learned... I did everything to become stronger. It was in one of those trainings that I'm sure the EMP was planted in me. They'd been planning everything for so long and I didn't even realize it. I wanted to come here straight away to kill your father but Jafar told me it would be impossible so I had to wait. I don't know for sure Karim but I believe they were already on a plan before me. I was a back up plan if that failed. They were using another girl. I heard Jafar speaking on the phone about a girl being pregnant and stuff. I don't want to believe it but I have a feeling it was your first wife."

Karim's face dropped.
What?!

"What do you mean you think they were using Shams? It's impossible. They...she...no.." Karim couldn't believe his ears.

Did they plan for Shams to get pregnant? Was that why she was leaving the palace regularly without telling anyone? Was she in on the plan? No...she'd never hurt him that way.

"I'm not sure, Karim. But that's just what I think."

"I don't believe this. I'll ask Jafar myself. They couldn't have used Shamsiya. She's strong. She won't have allowed herself to be used easily by them. She would have told me. She would have fought them. Samia isn't a pawn in this game. I won't accept it. It had to be someone else. It has to be." Karim said frantically.

Deep down he knew it was possible.
But how?
He didn't want to accept it yet.

But he didn't say anything. He had to listen to Zaira first. Today she had told him her whole life story. He hadn't been expecting her to ever tell him everything but she did. And he was grateful.

"I don't know who it was but I think the person failed and it got Jafar very angry. That's when I think they decided to use me instead. I thought I'd come here but somehow you came to America instead. At first I thought I was going to be working on your dad but Jafar had said it was impossible so I had to work on you. He gave me full reign over my mission. All I had to do was get information from you about everything. Later on, I was told to get you to fall in love with me and come here with you. The rest is what you know off already."

"In all that time, I used to pray. Maybe not like the five Salah but if I got a chance to be alone I'd pray and pray and ask Him to help me. Help me to go home and be a better person. He didn't answer any of my prayers and He didn't save me. That's why I can't be like you. I don't believe He cares about me enough to listen to me even if I decide to change."

Karim sighed.

"You've gone through so much. And I wish I could take away your pain and make it mine. I wish I could let you forget everything that had happened to you. But I can't. All I can do is be here for you. Just like Allah is here for you. You might not think so now, but He's always there for you. When Allah loves a person so much, He tests them. You've been pushed to the edge and back and maybe everything seems dark but He's An-Noor. He's light. He's been with you and helped you survive all your trials. He's kept you alive all this time. He's kept you alive and that's an ease on it's own. With that ease you'll get to enjoy a future full of more ease. You'll get to enjoy a future with me. Samia. Our future babies." Karim chuckled.
"Tell me you don't see that as ease. It's an ease only Allah can provide. Don't fail your test, Zaira. I want you to pass every test that comes your way. I want to see you brave through everything. And when you're tired, I'll hold you up to rest and you'll continue your race. I want to see you and I crossing the finish line together. I want to see you make it. I want to meet you again in Jannah. Be in love in Jannah too. I want to be with you in this Dunya and in the Akhira." Karim combed through her hair.

Zaira sighed.
"Isn't it too late now, Karim? I'd not even forgive me if I were Him. You've seen what I've done. The mistakes I've made..."

"The fact that you know they're mistakes makes it better. All you have to do is ask Allah for forgiveness. He's the most Merciful. Ask Him for his infinite mercy and He'll give it to you."

Zaira didn't say anything for a while so Karim spoke again.

"I'm going to the mosque to pray. Want to come?" Karim invited her.

She pursed her lips and shook her head slightly in a no. She wasn't ready for that yet.

Karim only sighed and kissed her forehead gently.

"Take your time. You'll get there."
Karim let her go and stood up from the bed to go into the bathroom to perform his wudhu.

Zaira watched him come out with a small smile and pick up his thobe from the armrest.

"I'll be back soon." Karim said to her before walking out the room.

He really hoped she'd see everything clearly soon. He wasn't going to push her or force her but he really wanted her to see Allah was on her side.
Another thing running in the back of his mind was Shamsiya. They weren't using her, right?
He had to speak with his father.

~

Karim opened the door to his room to see Zaira quickly folding his prayer mat. She looked anywhere but at him. He smiled. She was in one of his thobes and had a small black scarf wrapped around her hair which was showing.

"Maybe you had a point." She mumbled.

"Maybe?" Karim repeated.

"Yes."

Karim smiled at her.

"I'll get you an abaya and a bigger hijab for praying if you want." Karim said to her.

"Sure." Zaira smiled a bit.

She hadn't prayed in years.

This all felt weird to her.
But it was a good type of weird.

____________________________

I apologize😪😪💔
I haven't updated in a long time.
I know I said I was busy but it's unfair to keep you guys waiting.
And besides since I kept you waiting for so long I was hit with writer's block and I wasn't able to update on Monday like I wanted.
I hope y'all forgive me.
Now I'm less busy so watch out for more updates.‼️‼️

COMMENTS ‼️❤️

#VCS👍👌

CIAO❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 1.1K 69
STAND BY ME❤️ #10 in spiritual ranking( 10/12/2023)😍 #1 in spiritual (15/12/2023) Life as a female Muslim, growing up in a strict community in Pakis...
167K 14.9K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...
497K 24.2K 42
[EDITING] "Can you... marry my brother?" "Your brother, Ibrahim? But... Isn't he married?" I recall the conversation we had before. "He was, but he...
3.4K 174 31
10 years ago "I would never forgive you for what you have done to me today. It's perfectly fine to be a loner than have someone like you by my side...