The big question (Complete ✅)

By Winnieflex

Should our beliefs be based on what we are being told? 'Men are scum', She thought. 'They are cheats and lair... More

Author's Piece
Prologue ✔
Chapter 1- I ✔
Chapter 2 - feel ✔
Chapter 3 - pain ✔
Chapter 4 - and strong guilt ✔
Chapter 5 - always and whenever ✔
Chapter 6 - I see your face ✔
Chapter 7 - frustrated and solemn ✔
Chapter 8 - Talking about a miserable life ✔
Chapter 9 - My boo? ✔
Chapter 10 - Cryptic Minds ✔
Chapter 11 - Teams of Themes ✔
Chapter 12 - Needs and Feels ✔
Chapter 13 - Hot blooded ✔
Let's gist small
Chapter 14 - Drama Drama
Chapter 15 - Stinky Mouth!
Chapter 16 - Besties
Chapter 17 - The suspect
Chapter 18 - Steady reveal
Chapter 19 - Stupidity
Chapter 20 - Blames
Chapter 21 - The Messenger
Chapter 22 - Plain Confusion
Chapter 23 - Handsome Devil
Chapter 24 - Busted
Chapter 25 - Worth it
Chapter 26 - Boomeranging decisions
Chapter 27 - Craving Death
Chapter 28 - Trouble on wheels
Chapter 29 - Me and her
Chapter 31 - Den of Deceit
Chapter 32 - Surprises
Chapter 33 - The story behind
Chapter 34 - Safe and Saved
Chapter 35 - Final Blow
Bonus Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 30 - Frienemies

67 10 2
By Winnieflex

«««««Soma»»»»»

"Helen!!" I squealed with exuberance as I engulfed her in a tight hug.

I've missed my best friend so much.

"Oh my goodness! Soma when did you get back?" She queried with equal enthusiasm.

"On Wednesday." I replied as we both sat on the bed, holding hands. "I've missed you so much!" I said whlist grinning from ear to ear.

"Me too!" She squealed.

Her roommate -Kayode- who had her head buried in a book stole a glance at us, sighed and continued reading.

I suddenly removed my hands from her grasp with a pout and frowned, "Why are you acting like you care? You couldn't even disturb me with your calls and you call yourself a bestie. It's not fair oo." I complained bitterly.

"Soma I'm sorry. I've been really busy."

"Too busy to even place a call?" I snapped back harshly.

"I'm really sorry please don't be mad." She pleaded pathetically.
The fact that she's pleading for my forgiveness is making me bubble inside but I can't let her know.

"What have you been so busy with?" I asked and she avoided my gaze.

"Errmm..." She stuttered.

"What is that? Better start talking!!" I urged.

She stood up and picked up a bag on the floor, "My parents wants me to transfer school."

"Transfer to where?" I asked confusedly.

"They want me to school in America." She replied and zipped the bag.

"But you are already in your 3rd year. Just one more year to go and you can further your education over there." I specified.

"No." She deadpanned.

I stood up and confronted her, "No what? You want to forget good 3 years of stress and start all over from the beginning?" I queried already getting irritated.

"It's all for a greater good." She muttered.

I sighed tiredly and sat back on the bed, "I need to talk some sense into your parent's head. Why would they make such decision?"

She slung the bag across her shoulder and stared at me, "And what if that's what I want?" She retorted.

"Then your head is not correct." I snapped immediately.

"I have to go." She began walking towards the door

"Go where?" I asked, getting more and more frustrated.

I thought she said she missed me, then why doesn't she want to spend time with me ignoring the fact that I came here myself.

"I have to collect some documents from jamb office and I have to be there on time." She replied as she held the door open.

Is it just me? Or is she acting wierd?

I scoffed and turned to her, "Helen is there something you are not telling me?"

"I'll call you when I get back." She said and slammed the door.

"Helen?" I called but it was futile.

What's going on? And why does she want to change schools all of a sudden? Could this be the reason why she has been keeping to herself?

My thought was disrupted by series of laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" I queried Kayode who had her palm on her mouth and was laughing.

"Do you really believe that she's going to jamb office?" She asked.

And I lifted the side of my lip in disgust, "Why will I doubt her? Didn't you hear her say that her parents wants her to school abroad?" I asked and she bursted into a loud laughter.

"She don sell you. -She have sold you-" She muttered between laughter.

"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly.

"Bestie my foot!" She clapped her hands dramatically and continued laughing.

I feel like a fool for even listening to her. Kayode has always being a bitter fellow from the start. I'm very sure she doesn't have any friends so she takes any opportunity she sees to make people feel sad.

Stupid fellow!

My phone started vibrating in my breast pocket, I looked at the caller ID. It was Oluchi, "What is it?" I feigned a rash tone as I placed the phone on my ear.

"We need to talk." She said sternly.

"And why would I want to talk to you?" I snapped back.

"Please quit this childishness and come back now." She finished and hung up.

*****

"I don't like how you treat that guy." Oluchi started.

"Oh Lord!" I exclaimed in realization.

I can't believe I suffered myself to come here only to listen to her rants about Nonso. Like what exactly is the colour of her problem?.
Is she like his side kick or something because I don't just understand.

"You are not being fair." She yelled again.

I started rubbing my temple with my finger tips, "Is this why you called me here?" I shot at her.

"I'm saying this for your own good Soma. I know you have feelings for this guy. Why then are you treating him like trash?" She said as she looked at me with sad eyes.

I waved her off as I laid on my bed, "Oluchi let me be. If you care about him this much then go ahead and date him." I said carelessly.

"Stop acting ignorant." She said.

"Is it your acting?" I retorted.

And just then I got a message notification. I unlocked my phone to view the message.

Oluchi slumped beside me on the bed, "What is that? Let me see."

It was actually a video from an unknown number and I couldn't believe it's content.

The rich bastard that stopped me outside my lodge yesterday was straddling another figure who was undeniably Nonso. Even though the background light was dim, I could still recognize his features.
They were making out shamelessly.
My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach.

"Liz?" I muttered unconsciously as Oluchi collected the phone from me.

Oluchi shook her head defiantly, "This can't be Nonso. How do you know Liz?" She questioned.

"That rich bastard I told you about." I spat bitterly.

"You see!! This is a plot!" She clapped her palms dramatically.

I stood up in rage, "How is this a plot?!!" I was aware that I was already raising my voice. "You just won't agree that Nonso is a wolf in a sheep's clothing and I was a fool for even falling for his charms at first." I sighed regrettably.

They are all the same. No one is different from the other. Liars! Deceivers!

Urrrggghh!! He disgusts me!

"You have to talk to him about this." Oluchi opted.

"Talk to who?" I queried rhetorically as I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling, "I've accepted my fate. My first attempt at love was destined to be a disgrace to the history of love stories."  I licked my lips and sighed with exasperation and frustration.

All I want is someone with a clean slate. Is that too much to ask?.
I won't deny that I have feelings for him but I don't see anything working between us.

My sad pathethic life.

"Give me my phone." I collected my phone and started playing Candy crush.

*****
«««««Nonso»»»»»

"Who are you chatting with?" Asked the prying Abel.

I turned to him and grinned genuinely, "Someone special." I replied.

"Is it Soma?"

"Nope. Haven't talked to her since she asked me to leave." I answered and focused more on my phone.

"Is it Cynthia?"

"Nope."

"Are you wooing a girl?" He urged.

"Nope." I answered unconsciously.

"Tell me nah."

"Must you be so nosy?" I asked but he ignored me anyways. 

"Let me see nah." He pressed on and started tugging at my arm.

I hissed and changed my sitting position, "Yesterday I called you as a friend because I needed someone to talk to but you ditched me because you were having sex." I spat.

"I wasn't!!" He denied shamelessly.

"Shut up! You left the used condom on the table." I pointed the center table and his mouth went wide agape with guilt filled in it.
"Now tell me why I would want to ever confide in you since you've clearly pointed out that I mean nothing more than a mere housemate." I stated and twitched my lips in disgust.

"It's not like that nah." He said in a bid to defend himself.

"It's like how?" I snapped back.

"See ehhnn. Its not my fault oo, I've been so horny for the past few days and then she came through so who am I to reject the call of nature." He finished with a thoughtful smile and I'm very sure his recollecting the memories from yesterday's session. 

I gave him this look of disgust and he blew me an air kiss.

Like wadafak!

"You are shameless." I reviled and he gave a nod in acceptance.

"Thank you."

"You are man whore." I continued.

"Thank you." He replied and I was already starting to enjoy it.

"You are a brostitute."

"I hope after all these you would tell me who that chick is." And he just have to spoil the fun.

I turned off my phone and looked at him, "Won't you like to really feel what true love is? The kind where you wouldn't depend on sex alone." I suggested.

He stared at me for a while, hissed and shook his head pathetically, "Did you give me true love that I didn't collect? True love have refused to find me nah. Should I kill myself?" He shot back with a straight face.

"Nawa for you."

"Nawa for you too." He retorted and suddenly started smiling. "So who's she?" He nudged my side and wiggled his full brows.

I chuckled and turned my phone back on, "My mum's friend." I replied absent mindedly.

He instantly opened his mouth wide, "Oh!! So you are now into cougars. Link me up nah!" He joked.

I slowly turned to him, "Guy you are a fool." I reviled and he bursted into laughter. "I think she finds me interesting and I do too." I blurted.

He linked his fingers together and pressed them against his chest pretending to be so serious about what I was saying, "Ehhnn... So she finds you interesting?" He asked and began nodding his head continually.

I couldn't care less anyways.

"While we we're talking yesterday I felt this type of connection towards her as if I knew her before." I thought aloud.

"Is that so?"

"She knew me when I was just few months old so I guess that's where the connection is from. She totally took my mind offz Soma for that moment and I really want to see her again."

"Gbas Gbos!! Wahala be like bicycle. Does this mean Soma is slowly slipping off your mind?" He inquired curiously.

I shook my head unconsciously, "She's definitely not but I feel I should give her space for now and focus on other things."

"Like your cougar abi!"

"Like the exams we are having next tomorrow! Fuck off!" I flung the throw pillow towards him and he chuckled.

A notification popped up on my phone, "Who's that? Your cougar?" asked the nosy fellow.

"Say cougar one more time and see what I'll do." I threatened and he held his lips with his fingers.

"Cougar!" He yelled and ran upstairs laughing hysterically.

I found myself laughing too, 'Rubbish human being',  I thought.

"What is this?" I asked no one in particular as I opened the video Oluchi sent me.

"What's that?" Abel asked from behind me,  "Is that not you and Liz?" He blurted.

"It's not me! Why would I do such a thing and of all people Liz?" I was already confused by what I'm seeing.
The person in the video looks so much like me but it isn't me!

Abel collected the phone from me, "Mehnn! This is a really mad editing and Soma thinks it's you." I nod "This is trouble oo." He said.

I collected the phone from him and grabbed my car keys on the table, "Where are you going?" He asked.

"To fix this." I deadpanned and left the house. 

#####
Don't forget to vote and comment lovelies. Just few more chappies to go 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

UNFAITHFUL By Ariya03

General Fiction

13.8K 356 27
Dayja has got a good life going for her even while she starts dating a thug. But what Dayja doesn't realise is that everyone isn't always Faithful. R...
10K 506 42
What happens when love gets in the way of rivalry? Will the feeling of love be stronger than that of vengeance? A man and a woman meet under complica...
44.3K 7.3K 41
|| Bukola Solade has two major secrets and they are not what land her in trouble! It's a third one that only she knows about. She had two secrets. He...
15.6K 2.5K 30
"You know you are not getting any younger. You need to settle down for God's sake. Your sisters are all tied down to their men but yet here you are w...