The X in Skye

By MeganTaylor24

Skye Red was born into her family's mafia which just so happens to be the most powerful mafia. She is not a... More

Introduction
Skye!
Not my type of job
Diversion
Power over Chinos
You'll find out
Care to explain?
Customisation
The invitation
Girls night out!
Girls night out II
Vulnerable
Not a movie
Unoriginal
Pat me down
Midnight Skye
It's complicated
Boot camp
A win to a lose
Five Bs
Consequences
Hidden information
That's why I'm called X
The Lions den!
Strobes to strike
Partner?
Gossip and gowns
The Red men
Waltz of rescue
choices
You feel it too!
Say your goodbyes!
Smoking rage!
There is no WE!
Good to be back
Taste of normality
So it begins...
He's the fix to her addiction
The walk in aftermath
Not a sweetheart
Splash of romance
Desire!
You want in?
The Theatre
A Red Christmas
Slashes for Slashes
Bloody fury
Twisted psychology
The chase
Bright lights
Inpatient
Too soon?
Betrayal of the highest degree
Blue
Headlines
His return
Hypothetically
Jailbird
Make up
His letter
Black out
Acceptance
Tips and Tricks
The phone call
Demons
Gasoline to fire
Valuable lessons
Forever X
Thank you

NYE

1.2K 42 14
By MeganTaylor24

Skye's POV

The cold breeze hitting my skin feels like heaven as I sit on the top of a rocky view point. This place is a hidden gem, nobody really knows about it. There's lots of high places but I'm usually alone here.

I never imagined I would be sat here on New Year's Eve. Alone. I've walked out of the Wolves, even if my family made me feel like an outsider, I didn't think it would ever go this far.

The cars speeding past all the way down at the bottom don't scare me like they did at the start of the week. Instead, I start making scenarios in my head about where they're going. Some to see their loved ones, some to drive out of town and some to drive to clear their head much like I'm doing.

"There you are" a deep voice says, dust blows next to me as his shoes scuff to sit next to me.

I don't turn to face him I keep my focus on the passing cars "How'd you find me?"

"It was simple really. When you clear you head you either go to the studio or you escape here"

I smirk "Not just a pretty face"

"What's going on in that brain?"

I crock my head and look down to the drop "Figuring out the best way to jump off of this cliff"

He senses the sarcasm and lightly hits my leg. His chuckle is music to my ears, it disappoints me when it stops "I'm sorry for being a bitch back there. I shouldn't have taken it out on you"

He nudges me which makes me face him "You are forgiven but right now it will be a lot easier to help if I know what's going on"

I groan "Why does everyone think I need help"

His eyes go wide "Woah. Okay, you don't need help, but clearly something is wrong and I don't like an unhappy Skye"

I take a deep breath, I need to control my emotions "Where do I start?"

"That bad?" he questions, his face is stunned

I nod with a frown "I found out blood doesn't always run thicker than water" he scrunches his face "I walked out. My Dad ordered me to stand down and everyone agrees. Even my best friend" my words became quieter.

"Brooke?"

I nod, saying it out loud made it hurt even more "Well, that's bullshit" he replies

"you thought I was a part of it didn't you? that's why you snapped"

I hum giving him the quick answer. There's a moment of silence

"At least I have one of the two people I want right now"

He hugs his knees to his chest, we both look onto the view "I'm guessing the other isn't Grayson"

A sad amused sigh escapes me "I know he doesn't like Tyler but I didn't the hatred was as deep as letting him burn"

"This whole thing is my fault" I bow me head down

"Hey" he raises me head by my chin "That's not true"

"It is though Bax" once again I snap. "I was the one who dragged you all into this, and look where we are now. Tyler's in a hospital bed for Christ sake" "The ironic thing is if I had listened to you he would have driving and I would be him. I wish that were the case"

His eyes shine under the small amount of light left. Baxter doesn't carry the darkness around like the rest, he's loving. He uses the pad of his thumb to wipe the small droplet of my stray tear away.

"We all got ourselves into this, and I'd do it again. You put too much pressure on yourself. Besides, I don't think I could handle you not being around"

He pulls me closer with his arm around my shoulder. I lean my head away to get a full look at his face "Why are you so nice to me?"

He looks at me with narrow brows and smirk "Because you're Skye"

I nudge him making him laugh "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means no matter what's happened in my past you see me for who I am. All the crap with my Dad and then when I went distant you never judged me, you were just there when I really needed you"

I rest my head on his shoulder with a smile, he's never told me that before. "Plus I was completely obsessed with you" he chuckles

"Excuse me!" I laugh not believing my ears

He shakes his head as a blush rises on his cheeks "For someone who's smart you can be so blind sometimes. I thought it was obvious"

"Since when?" I ask with a smile

"As long as I can remember. But, when we were at school. Do you remember that huge fight I had?"

I can definitely recollect that "The biggest one the school's ever seen? The one that nearly cost you your graduation?"

"Uh huh" he hums "That douche bag Toby was talking about you and it pissed me off, still makes me mad thinking about it"

My jaw drops "You beat that kid to an inch of his life, I'm sure he got the picture"

He shrugs his shoulders casually brushing it off

"I forget we're only a couple years a part sometimes. Probably due to all the drop dead gorgeous women you have at your feet" I smirk

"But they aren't you Skye. I couldn't give two shits about them" just like that he makes me question my feelings, why didn't I see this before.

It was weird when he graduated, I didn't have him as a safety net, I had to make my own mark. I think the guys are more scared of me than they are of him nowadays though.

"Are you being serious?"

He finds it amusing how stunned I am "Do I have a drink specially named after another girl?"

He makes a true point "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't want to lose our friendship but I realised how much of an idiot I was when Grayson did what I wish I had done. I see how happy he makes you and I wasn't going to get in the way" he tilts his head "In hindsight I think I already played part in the Grayson ordeal"

"Just a bit" I laugh.

"Buuuttttt" he drags out "The last thing you need right now is more drama. So, just because you know how I feel doesn't mean we have to change. We're still Skye and Baxter. Okay?"

"Okay" I reply.

The night was growing colder but my mind is racing. "Here" he says snapping me out of my daze. A brown liquor bottle was held towards me "I felt like an ass earlier"

The temptation to take it is sky high but that's a slippery slope. I lower his hand that holds the bottle "Keep it" he looks at me double checking I'm sure "I'm not going to find an answer at the bottom" he looks proud as I quote his previous words

My head feels heavy, I nuzzle closer into Baxter. He holds me closer. "I'd rather not add getting you fired onto my guilt list" I mumble

His deep chuckle runs through my body, I feel his shoulders rise and fall "Marco? Fire me? that man is so scared by you he wouldn't dare"

The clock tower hits midnight sending a loud chime across the town, the faint cheers and screams become audible. I feel Baxter press a kiss on the top of my head, my straight lips curl into a smile. I intertwine my hand with his "Happy new year" He whispers.

"Happy new year, pretty boy"

A comfortable silence lingers in the air "So, what now?" he asks

I stare up at him "Well, I know you aren't going to stop until this is over so where do we start?"

I break from his embrace and shake my head "No Bax, you can't get involved"

"Cut the lone wolf crap" His warm hands cup my cheeks "As long as I'm around and Tyler for that matter, you aren't going to be alone"

"There's just no winning against you is there?" I question sarcastically. He scrunches his face as he shakes it.

"I'm also guessing you aren't going, home, are you?"

"Nope" I pop "I can't go to the penthouse because I'll be under Axel's eye. So, I guess a hotel that isn't under him is my best choice"

"UH UH" He tuts. He jumps up from the dusty floor brushing his hands on his jeans "You're coming with me"

I look onto the view for the last time before standing and taking his hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 633 49
(Book 2 of the 'To Be His' series.) (Can be read as a stand alone.) Aurora de Luca is the daughter of a once ruthless mafia leader. Her mom and dad...
8.8K 269 22
Natalia Romano born in an Italian Mafia family. She should be loved right? Wrong. Natalia grew up too early; being sent away at a very young age of 5...
45.7K 847 37
〆 Edited Mackenzie Black is someone any girl would dream to be. She has the body, the looks, the hair, flawless skin, and the cute but dangerous atti...