Hello, love

By mirrorball_lover

Klaus and Caroline. Klaroline if you will. Caroline had everything she wanted. Or at least she thought she d... More

Welcome back
Just go
Royalty
The cellar
Road Trip
New Rooms
Shopping trip
Bite me
Goodbye
Guilty as charged
Paris
Call me
Bring the popcorn
Not an Update
Forever Love

Perfect

189 5 0
By mirrorball_lover

"Bonnie what happened?" Caroline asked in shock as she stared at her friend who was covered in blood surrounded by lifeless bodies. Bonnie stared at Bonnie with tears in her eyes.

"I-I don't know. I was going to the bathroom and then I smelt it or whatever. The blood, it's scent was so strong. I-I killed p-people. I'm a murderer. I'm a monster. 11 people. Oh my god, I'm a ripper!" She cried. Caroline looked at her friend with sorrow.

"Bonnie, you're a vampire. This happens. It's part of the job." She paused. "It's okay. Everything is fine, we just have to clean this up. Make sure no one finds out about this. You aren't a ripper you're a new vampire who was also drunk. This is my fault. I shouldn't have left you alone." Caroline told her friend calmly as she brought a wet paper towel to Bonnie's face.

"I killed all those people." She cried.

"And you'll probably kill more. My first night as a vampire I killed an innocent man and I felt awful. I have had to kill so many people. Remember when I killed those 12 witches. I hate killing people, most do. We just have to live with it, so get up off the floor and help me clean this up."

"What do we do with the bodies?" Bonnie asked still shaking. Caroline looked around.

"Uhm, we can create an excuse or something. There is no way we can compel all of those people so we have to leave. I don't know, maybe we can-" Caroline's voice became panicked as she paced around the bathroom.

"Maybe you should call Klaus." Bonnie spoke softly. Caroline stared at her in shock. "I'm just saying he's probably had some experience with this kind of thing." Caroline frowned.

"I can't call Klaus. I did some stupid drunk things, but I feel pretty sober now. Crisis really helps with that." Bonnie nodded. Suddenly they heard the door start to rattle. "Okay, Bonnie we are gonna have to speed out of here. So just focus and run." Bonnie took a deep breath and watched Caroline as she ran out of the window.

Bonnie breathed heavily as she stared at the window. "Okay, okay I got this." She mumbled to herself before speeding away from the restaurant.

"Oh my God!" The girls heard a lady scream as she entered the bathroom. Caroline watched as Bonnie shut her eyes in disappointment.

"Hey, it's okay." Caroline whispered to her friend as she hugged her. "Now let's get you changed before people notice you are covered in blood." Bonnie nodded.

"What happened here?" Klaus asked a waitress as he compelled her. She looked at him sadly.

"11 people were murdered in the girls bathroom. No witnesses and no suspects." Klaus tried to steady his breath as he began to talk again.

"Let me see it." He demanded. The waitress hesitated for a moment, but nodded. As she lead Klaus through to the bathroom he exhaled a deep breath in relief. Caroline wasn't here meaning that she was okay. Klaus suddenly got a terrible feeling in his gut. What if she had done this. He thought. Klaus bent down to look at the bodies. Vampire bites, they were all drained of blood. This couldn't have been Caroline, could it have been?

Klaus decided he had to find her somehow. "Do you have any phones that have been found tonight?" Klaus asked the waitress.

"Yes actually. A lady turned one in a few hours ago. It was found in the bathroom so it is remaining in custody as a suspect use." The waitress told him. He frowned. Klaus looked at the girl to compel her.

"Give me the phone!" He shouted. The waitress looked at him with fear. She backed away after quickly handing him the phone. Klaus looked at it and smiled. He turned on the phone and saw the screen as a picture of Caroline surrounded by her friends appeared on the phone. She looked so happy with Bonnie and Stefan and Elena. And Tyler.

Klaus unlocked the phone. The password was her mother's birthday. Klaus frowned. He scrolled through her phone to find any way to find her. He looked at her text messages. The last text was to her mom. Klaus stared at Caroline's phone in confusion. He then saw it. She texts her mom every day for the past 4 months. Since she died. He frowned.

Klaus then looked at her search history. He found a hotel. 5 stars, he knew where to now find Caroline.

As Klaus walked the streets of Paris he smiled. He remembered when he told Caroline he would bring her here, but sadly she refused his offer. He wondered if that was the reason they came here first. He finally arrived after about 25 minutes of searching for her hotel.

Klaus smiled as he stared at the entry way. He walked up to the grey haired women sitting at the desk. He looked up to her and asked, "What room is Caroline Forbes in?" She looked at him and then to her computer.

"Well, let me check now dear." The woman's voice was sweet and raspy. Klaus watched impatiently as her face flowed with a blue tint every time she clicked on the screen. "Ah, Miss Forbes is in room 124." She told him. Klaus nodded and was soon gone.

The time was now 2 in the morning and Caroline was still getting herself ready for bed after she finally calmed down her best friend. Caroline walked out of the bathroom when she heard a knock at the door. She looked at the clock and rolled her eyes.

Caroline slowly walked up to the door and carefully placed her hand on the cold door handle. Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door again. Caroline now quickly opened the door. She then shut it immediately and locked it.

"That's not very nice, love." He told her as she turned around surprised to see him standing right in front of her. She rolled her eyes.

"It's 2 in the morning!" She shouted at him. He smirked.

"I'm sure you could stay awake for a little while longer." He looked at Caroline with a smile on his face. She continued to roll her eyes at the hybrid. "So, what happened at that wonderful bar you were at." Klaus saw Caroline suddenly tense.

Caroline turned her back to Klaus and walked over to her dresser pretending to search for an outfit.

"Caroline?" He spoke softly. He noticed Caroline was still tense, but seemed to be somewhere else in her mind. "What happened? Did you do something?" He asked her quietly as he carefully stepped up to her.

"Yeah." She said with a release of air. "I didn't kill anyone if that's what you're thinking." She mentioned quickly now facing Klaus. He nodded politely.

"Do you know who did?" Klaus still remained calm and quiet as Caroline seemed to become more frustrated with herself. She nodded slowly. Klaus raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

"I turned Bonnie into a vampire." Her words were mumbled as she held her head down. Klaus looked at her in surprise. The Bennet witch was now a vampire.

"You did?" Caroline nodded carefully.

"She wanted to. She asked me for a stupid reason. I did it and it was stupid, but she seemed fine. We went to the bar and got super drunk because of-" she paused and watched Klaus raise his eyebrows at her. "Reasons. Anyways she went to the bathroom. That was when I listened to the voicemail and then called you." Her voice was now quiet and her face red from embarrassment. "I went to the bathroom to make sure she was okay and saw what she did. I didn't know what to do and there were to many people there to compel so we left. I'm a horrible person." She cried.

"No you're not, love." He told her. Caroline smiled at him as she rubbed her eyes.

"You don't have to defend me. I know I am. I think I realized how terrible I am tonight. I was telling Bonnie about how vampires have to kill and about how I've killed so many people. I tried to make her feel better and it only made me feel worse. Just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean I shouldn't be in jail." Caroline mumbled as Klaus pulled her into a hug. Caroline rested her head on Klaus' shoulder and cried.

"You are not a terrible person. And vampires don't belong in jail, at least none like you. We both know that if you had never become a vampire you would have just been some normal overachiever perfect girl, but now you are a vampire who is still perfect somehow. If you had never been a vampire you would have never been a killer so in my book you are not a murderer you are a perfect girl who got her life ruined by some vampire. Caroline you are the best of us." He told her. Caroline smiled at him.

"Thanks." She whispered in his ear.

"Anything for you love." He said softly. Caroline suddenly lifted her head from Klaus' shoulder.

"About tonight." She paused and watched the smirk on Klaus' face grow. "I was drunk and would never have said that in a million years if I wasn't. I'm so sorry, about everything. I'm sorry that you came here and that I ruined the Bennet witch." She chuckled a little. "I'm sorry that this hurts you." She told him and watched as his smile faded. She shut her eyes. "Goodnight Klaus."

"Goodnight love." Caroline could tell Klaus was upset which only made her upset as well. Caroline then went up to Klaus and softly pressed her lips against his cheek. She stayed for a moment before lifting her head to face his. She smiled at him which he returned with a small smirk. He nodded and walked out the door.

Caroline new it wasn't over between them, which only made her smile. She knew she would see Klaus tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 749 31
AU starting at Caroline's Birthday. Klaus saves Caroline to get his plans in motion. She was supposed to be nothing but a means to an end. But someth...
29.7K 620 31
When Leah Black moves to the new mysterious town of Mystic Falls, she finds her self intertwined with the supernatural world. This leads her to meet...
78.3K 2.2K 23
Caroline Forbes is returning to Mystic Falls for the first time in 5 years. She had only one task: stay long enough for her best friend, Stefan's wed...
647K 15.7K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...