The big question (Complete ✅)

By Winnieflex

Should our beliefs be based on what we are being told? 'Men are scum', She thought. 'They are cheats and lair... More

Author's Piece
Prologue ✔
Chapter 1- I ✔
Chapter 2 - feel ✔
Chapter 3 - pain ✔
Chapter 4 - and strong guilt ✔
Chapter 5 - always and whenever ✔
Chapter 6 - I see your face ✔
Chapter 7 - frustrated and solemn ✔
Chapter 8 - Talking about a miserable life ✔
Chapter 9 - My boo? ✔
Chapter 10 - Cryptic Minds ✔
Chapter 11 - Teams of Themes ✔
Chapter 12 - Needs and Feels ✔
Chapter 13 - Hot blooded ✔
Let's gist small
Chapter 14 - Drama Drama
Chapter 15 - Stinky Mouth!
Chapter 16 - Besties
Chapter 17 - The suspect
Chapter 18 - Steady reveal
Chapter 19 - Stupidity
Chapter 20 - Blames
Chapter 21 - The Messenger
Chapter 22 - Plain Confusion
Chapter 23 - Handsome Devil
Chapter 24 - Busted
Chapter 25 - Worth it
Chapter 26 - Boomeranging decisions
Chapter 27 - Craving Death
Chapter 29 - Me and her
Chapter 30 - Frienemies
Chapter 31 - Den of Deceit
Chapter 32 - Surprises
Chapter 33 - The story behind
Chapter 34 - Safe and Saved
Chapter 35 - Final Blow
Bonus Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 28 - Trouble on wheels

67 8 0
By Winnieflex

«««««Nonso»»»»»

There I was. Running for my life and in a far distance I could see a pair of eyes. Really big ones staring at me and I could also hear echoes of laughter ringing in the air. I bowed my head and screamed loudly.
Immediately the scenery changed and I found myself in a disco room.

Sweet relief!

People were dancing and rubbing sweaty bodies against each other. I had no choice but to join in... Just for me to look towards the ceiling and I saw the same eyes staring daggers at me.

I closed my eyes tightly and immediately opened them just to see the same eyes staring at me.
"Blood of Jesus!!!" I screamed as leapt from my bed in fright.

It was a dream but it felt so real because the same pair of eyes is still on me.

"Hi Nonso." She purred.

"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" I questioned with wide eyes as I intuitively wrapped my duvet around myself to cover my bare chest.
No jokes but she scared the living day light out of me.

"I didn't see you downstairs so I just wanted to know how you are doing." She shrugged with a smile.

Downstairs?
So Abel still hosted that party?

"By staring at me in my sleep? You scared the shit out of me." I confessed.

"Sorry." She said with an innocent face.

"Who even invited you?" I queried because Abel said just a few friends from school and I don't remember Liz attending our school.

"Abel of course." She replied confidently.

"Abel?" I queried.

Why will he invite her of all people?!!!
Is he trying to step on my toes or what?

"Yes! Dhurrhh!" She said again.

I dropped the duvet on the bed and tightened my lips, "Get out!" I ordered sternly.

She placed her palm on her chest and stared at me, "Are you chasing me from your room?" She asked.

"No I'm chasing you from my house. Get out of here this instance!" I was already talking a few octaves higher.

"Nonso! What has gotten into you?"

She's still sitting on the bed asking me stupid questions.

I walked towards her, roughly pulled her up and pushed her towards the door, "I said get out!!" I spat and pushed her out of my room.

Who walks into someone else's room without permission and stares at the person while sleeping like some Egungun Masquerade. 

I put on my polo and head for the door.

Abel must definitely provide an answer to all this.

As I opened the door, the blaring of music came with full force.

When he told me that it was just a few friends from school, I should have known better because the whole house is bustling with people both strange and un strange.

Just wow!

The fiery lights made it almost impossible to locate him but alas I did. He was gulping down a bottle of vodka while a girl in matching underwear was caressing his bare chest.

Just wow!

Ignoring the gasp and stares of girls, I approached him and held him by the ears.

"Ouch! Ouch!!" He yelped in pain.

"Bathroom Now!" I said authoritatively as I tucked my hands back in my pockets and made for the bathroom.

"Get out!" I yelled at the couple that was making out on the sink.
They hurriedly scampered away and in the process, the girl forget her panties on the sink.

I probably shouldn't be acting like a begrudging grandpa right now but I'm so pissed.
I took out rubber gloves from the top shelf and began disinfecting the sink with disinfectant. I also used a broken pipe to dispose the ugly green panty.

Since she knew she was going to get dirty, she could have at least worn something enticing or sexy and not some ugly grandma's pant. What's my business sef?

"When did you wake?" Abel asked as he barged into the bathroom, shifting me from my thoughts.

I ignored his question as I began removing the rubber gloves slowly and stared into his eyes with an unreadable expression.

I'm going to kill him and throw his body into the ocean.

"Come here." I said very calmly and he obliged. I immediately punched him hard on the nose.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He yelped in pain as he held his nose that refused to bleed.

"That is for having this party in the first place." I said as I turned on the faucet to wash my hands.

"That's not cool bro." He muttered as he touched his nose to feel invisible blood.

"I thought you said it's just a few friends from school."

"Yes? So?" He shrugged.

"What is Liz doing here?! And most importantly you let her enter my room?!" I yelled.

He began walking backwards as he held his palm in front of him, "I know you are mad just calm down okay." He said.

"Who should calm down?" I stormed at him and held him by the throat since he was shirtless, "Start providing answers!" I yelled in his ear and I could see fear in his eyes.

"Okay okay! I invited her." He confessed.

"You did what?!!"

"I messed up but have in mind that I'm the only son of my mother. Don't kill me please." He pleaded with pouted lips.

I will kill this maga today.

"What is going on here?" Cynthia entered since the door wasn't properly closed.

I turned back to Abel, "Her too?" I queried with furrowed brows.
But as the goat that he is, he ran out of the bathroom.

"Nonso what's wrong? Why aren't you downstairs?" Cynthia approached me with queries.

"Why are you here?" I retorted.

"Why are you so pissed? What did Abel do this time? It's the party right?" She inquired.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were coming?" I asked back.

"I thought you knew plus Dad seized my phone."

"Why?"

"He said I should focus more on studying."

"And he seized your phone?" I knitted my brows.

"Sounds strange right? Don't worry though, I have my ways." She winked and patted my left shoulder. "This is a really nice party you know."

"You're on his side now?" I inquired.

"Dhurrhh! I'll be waiting for you." She flung her hair and cat walked away.

I shook my head and proceeded to the door. As I was about to open the door, I received a notification on my phone.

I retrieved my phone from my pocket and opened my WhatsApp to see the message.
Unsurprisingly, the message was from Liz. She sent a photo of Soma and a text which read;

She's the reason why you despise me right? Just wait and watch the drama unfold.

I immediately bursted into laughter.

Drama ko
Drama nii
This girl doesn't even know that I'm the King of Drama. Let her dare lay hands on Soma first.

If I'm going to laugh about her foolishness, I might as well celebrate it. I left the bathroom and joined the party.

*****
«««««Soma»»»»»

"Soma!!!" Oluchi squealed as she engulfed me in a tight hug. "I've missed you so much!!"

"You are going to suffocate me oo!" I complained as I wriggled myself free from her grasp.

She helped my with my bags to my corner while bombarding me with questions. "Why didn't you tell me about your arrival? How's your mom? And your sister? Why are you so lean? Why are you not smiling?"

"Oluchi!!!" I yelled her name and eyed her eerily.

I came back to write my exams and then go back home to bear my cause.
Mother's still in coma and Somto is currently staying with Aunty Chioma - Mum's younger sister.

"Okay okay sorry. Let me help you unpack." Oluchi offered.

I silently began opening my bags and off loading my stuffs while Oluchi's eyes were fixed on me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I queried. 

"You've changed." She replied and I chuckled.

"I didn't change hanty. I just have some things going on but I'll be fine." I forced a tight smile. "How's Helen?" I asked suddenly.

She sighed, "I really don't know. I hardly see her these days. Didn't she call you?"

"She did but that was three days ago. I tried calling her back but she wasn't picking." I explained as I began hanging a few of my clothes.
"Maybe she's busy." I muttered to myself.

I just hope she's okay.

Oluchi immediately cleared her throat loudly, "Errmm... Have you?" She asked.

"Have I what?" I retorted.

"Have you talked with Nonso?" She asked and I immediately turned to her.

"I beg you in the name of God. Don't spoil my mood." I stated and gestured with my palm.

"It's just that he has been worried about you and..."

I dropped the clothes I was holding and made for the door.

"Where are you going?" She asked

"Away from you." I said and slammed the door.

I opened the gate to leave the building and just in front of the gate there was a car parked there and a girl dressed like a slut with transparent crop top and a bum short, standing close to the car and looking around.

Maybe she's waiting for her sugar daddy.

I shook my head and continued my journey.

"OMG! You actually live here?" She asked as I passed the car.

I turned to her and scrunches my face, "And you are?" I asked.

She placed her hand on her chest, "Oh! My apologies. My name is Liz." She flashed me a fake smile.

"And what business do you have with me?" I asked again

"Feisty much?" She raised a brow and grinned. "Anyways I just want to know how much I would give you to pay you off." She said and kept her fake smile on.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confoundedly.

She chuckled lightly as she removed some strands of hair from her face, "Okay let me break it down. You are obviously with Nonso for his money and to be honest, I'm not surprised because you reek of poverty so how much do you need so you back off totally from him." She spewed and I just couldn't believe she was talking to me.

"I prefer to reek of poverty than to be a useless and worthless rich brat like you." I snapped back, passerby's were already getting interested in our drama.

She bursted into laughter and then brought out a fat brown envelope from her car and stretched it towards me, "Here. Take it." She said.

It seems like this girl was sent from the pits of hell.

I ignored her and continued walking but her words made me stop in my tracks.

"Honey just take the money because from the looks of it. Your hair should be like 6 months old and it smells so bad so it needs changing. Let me not even go to your outfit like aren't those clothes meant for lunatics?" She reviled with scrunched face.

With boiling rage, I walked towards her ready to bless her face with hot slap. But decided against it.
"I can't waste my energy on you because you are already a lost cause." I spat.

"I tried!" She shrugged and entered the car, carrying the fat envelope along. "Stay away from Nonso or I'll make you lick my feet." She stated and drove off.

Heii! See me trouble oo!

Osinor lick my feet!

I'm still battling with my stalker and then this?

#####
Gbagam! Wahala dey oo!
Please stay tuned because it's about to go down!
Please vote and comment guys.
Love ya❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.3K 5.7K 66
Tola Segun had just come back from a visit to her best friend's house. When she opened the door and went in, she finds her husband, Ola, lying on the...
58.5K 14.3K 37
"Do you remember your highschool in Nigeria?" I asked. "Nigeria? No, I studied abroad!" "No! You were in Nigeria.Do you remember me?" "You? Am I supp...
UNFAITHFUL By Ariya03

General Fiction

14.2K 356 27
Dayja has got a good life going for her even while she starts dating a thug. But what Dayja doesn't realise is that everyone isn't always Faithful. R...
7.4K 1.3K 34
My head was spinning. I didn't keep male friends here in Nigeria. I'd never left my face uncovered ever since I started using the Niqab. I didn't e...