Before I Go - Fred Weasley x...

By LaineWeasley

Since the first year y/n Avery has been a friend group with the other Gryffindors in her year. Sharing a dorm... More

1. The Summer Before Fifth Year
2. Reunited
3. Seriously
4. Official
5. Oh no
6. Halloween
7. Marauder's Map
8. November Snow
9. Hogsmead Date
10. Slimey Slytherins
11. Sweet Sixteen
12. The birthday Ball
13. Ballgowns and Ballrooms
14. The Christmas Eve Ball
15. Christmas With the Weasleys
16. So what?
17. Bloody Hell
18. The Argument
19. Forgive and Forget
20. Gryfindor versus Ravenclaw
21. The Gryffindor Break-In
22. Birthday Boys
23. The Quidditch Final
24. OWLs
25. Starting the Summer
26. Back to the Burrow
27. Results
28. Nine Weasleys and an Avery
29. Summer loving
30. The Tickets
31. Sunset Date
32. Harry's Arrival
33. The Portkey
34. The Qudditch World Cup - part 1
35. The Quidditch World Cup - Part 2
36. Run
37. Nightmares and Daydreams
38. Back to Hogwarts
39. The Triwizard Tournament
40. The Three Unforgivable Curses
41. The Makeover
42. Nightmares Come True
43. The Goblet of Fire
44. Amortentia
45. The First Task
46. The After Party
47. Seventeen
48. The Yule Ball
49. The Second Task
50. Spring
51. The Last Task
52. Summer Sorrow
53. Order of the Phoenix - Part One
54. Order of the Phoenix - Part Two
55. Harry's Hearing
56. The Last Year
57. The Detention
58. High Inquisitor
59. Head in the Fire
60. Dumbledore's Army
61. Ministry Attack
62. Our First Christmas as a Family
63. New Term
64. The Demise of the DA
65. The Weasley Twins Exit
66. The Department of Mysteries
67. Goodbye
68. New beginings
69. 93 Diagon Alley
70. The Engagment and The Baby shower
72. Three Years
73. The Weasley's Arrival
74. Hello, Old Friend
75. December
76. The Twins First Christmas
77. The Weasley Twin's Magic
78. Happy Birthday, My Love
79. The Weasley Black Wedding
80. The Honeymoon
81. May Madness
82. The Death of a Professor
83. The Battle of the Seven Harry's
84. The Wedding of Bill and Fleur
85. Hiding
86. The Ministry break-in
87. The Weasley Twins first birthday
88. Christmas
89. Nineteen Ninety-Eight
90. A Week Filled With Nightmares
91. One year of marriage
92. The Final battle
93. The Second of May ninteen-ninty eight
94. Too Many Goodbyes
95. Life after the War
96. Happily Ever-After
97. Epilogue
A/n: thank you
NEW BOOK

71.The Quidditch Team Catch Up

1.7K 41 25
By LaineWeasley

A/n: BEFORE THIS CHAPTER BEGINS I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU ALL FOR 20K READS! I'M HONESTLY SO HAPPY! :)

- - - -

The summer, came and went quickly, I wanted to see the kids off to platform nine and three quarters but the whole Order told me no, because of me being pregnant and told Fred and George to keep and eye on me the whole time. This evening we were having the whole group round and Oliver for a little Quidditch team catch up as most of us have been on the team at some point.

"Come one babe, relax, they aren't going to let Harry get hurt now are they?" Fred says to me as I sit at the cash register.

"I suppose not." I reply.

"Exactly and you gave him that mirror thing, just like your dad did, so you can talk to him whenever really with no trouble." Fred tells me, clearly not a fan of my moodiness.

"I know - I know, I'm aloud to worry about him, I'm the closest thing he has to family and I could never forgive myself if something happened to him." I tell Fred.

"I know - his Harry Potter he will be fine." Fred tells me.

"It's just his name - it doesn't mean he is going to be fine." I say, with slight attitude.

"She's got a point Fred, it is just a name after all." George says, from behind him.

With all the kids back off to Hogwarts the shop has become increasingly quiet, so we were all on top of everything.

"I was just trying to reassure her," Fred tells him.

"Consider me reassured." I say to him, as the babies kick around. "Can you two calm down a bit?" I ask them, rubbing the bump.

"See they agree with me, you need to calm down." Fred tells me.

"Yeah, okay, I'm hungry - you two want anything?" I ask as it's only the three of us in the store at the moment.

"I'm okay, thanks." George says, "you go and rest - you look tired."

"Thanks George." I say sarcastically. "I'll make you something for later anyway - can't let you starve."

"What about me?" Fred asks.

"I'm making you something too, don't worry I could never forget you." I say to him, slowly getting up from the stool I was sitting on.

"I'll walk you up the stairs." Fred says, placing a hand on the small of my back.

"I'm fine, Fred, I know how to walk up stairs by myself." I say laughing lightly.

"I know you do, but you are almost six months pregnant." Fred begins to tell me. "And I want to look after all three of you, so that's what I'm doing."

"I really appreciate it but we have a week until I'm six months pregnant. Wow, it's going too quick." I say as we continue to walk up the stairs.

"It is, it only seems like yesterday when you told me that I was going to be a dad." Fred says and I smile, looking back at the memory and laughing lightly at the fact he spat his wine out. "What are you laughing at?"

"The memory of when I told you, honestly the look on your face and when you spat the wine out - it was pretty funny." I tell him and he laughs with me.

"At first I thought you were pranking me and then you showed the bump and well I thought oh shit, am I too immature? But clearly not." He says with a smirk.

"Are you sure? Because you still seem immature to me." I tel him.

"Well, maybe a little bit but that's what makes me fun, now you go and rest we have everyone round and I can't deal with you being grouchy and tired." Fred says, ushering me into the flat. "Anyway, I love you three." He says placing a kiss on my lips.

"I love you too, don't be too long." I tell him. "I love your company too much you know."

"Oh - I know, I won't be too long, there's always something to do." He says, placing another kiss on my forehead before walking off and I close the door behind him, wondering into the kitchen making everyone lunch.

After making and eating my lunch, I go and lay down on the sofa, turning the tv on again and watching whatever show was on at the moment, muggles had some weird tv shows that's all I can say, I sit watching the show with the babies kicking around, one kicking right up into my ribs.

"Ouch, that hurt!" I say, rubbing the bump. "Cheeky."

I sit watching the show, feeling extremely tired, this was the one thing I hated about being pregnant was constantly feeling tired; I mean there were times where I had loads of energy but a lot of the time I was quite sleepy. I eventually fall asleep then being woken up to the front door opening rather loudly and I look at the clock just gone twelve thirty and I see Fred with my Uncle Remus, and I sit up.

"Did we wake you up?" Fred asks.

"Yeah, but it's fine." I say slowly getting up and saying going to give my uncle a hug.

"I've missed you." I tell him.

"I've missed you too, every time I see you; those two get a lot bigger." He says as we pull away from the hug.

"Yeah, and they are, would you like a tour?" I ask him as he has never been in the flat before.

"Sure." He says with a smile.

"I'm heading back down to the shop, you'll be okay?" Fred asks.

"Of course, I'll never let a thing happen to her." Uncle Remus tells him.

"This is true, I'll be back up in a bit." Fred tells us.

I give uncle Remus a tour of the flat ending in the babies room, before making our way down into the living room.

"Would you like a drink?" I ask him.

"I'll have a tea, please." He says, sitting at the table.

"Of course, so what do you think of the place?"I ask my uncle.

"It's lovely, I'm very proud of you and they would be too." He tells me, with a small smile.

"He would be here as much as he could be to try things out, from what he told me him and james were as bad as the twins and you were like me who just kind of went along with it." I say and we share a small laugh.

"That is a pretty accurate description, you are mostly the sensible one." Uncle Remus tells me.

"Mostly?" I question, as I make the tea.

"Can be slightly irresponsible, sometimes but you do the right thing most of the time." He tells me. "I was the same, especially when your friends with two people that are let's just say adventurous."

"Adventurous is one way to put it, I have a feeling that these two are going to be just as 'adventurous.'" I say to him, walking over with two mugs of tea.

"Another generation of trouble makers, how is Professor McGonagall going to cope?" He asks and I laugh lightly.

"I don't know, Godric, she is going to have to deal with quite a few really, like Harry's kids, George's or any of the Weasley's - they are going to have at least one wild one." I tell him, widening my eyes. "Maybe I'll just stick to these two, I don't think I could handle more trouble makers."

"You will be able to, I know you will." Uncle Remus tells me.

"Thanks for the confidence boost, it means a lot." I reply, sipping on some tea.

"Anything for my favourite niece." He says to me.

"I'm your only niece - but thank you." I say with a small smile.

"I know, I cannot wait to meet these two, your dad would love to meet them and your mum - they would be so proud of you, although I reckon your dad may have tried to kill Fred." Uncle Remus says, laughing lightly.

"That sounds like him." I say laughing with him, as the babies kick around. "Hey - can you two calm down a little bit, please?"

"They love to kick you a lot don't they?" He asks.

"Yes, most the time I love it, but when it's every minute it's slightly annoying - they have too much energy, they get that from Fred." I say sipping what's left in my cup.

"You used to run circles round us all when you were little as well." He tells me.

"That's a long time ago, now." I say to him. "So I heard Tonks has been stationed up in Hogsmeade?" I ask him.

"Yeah, she has." He tells me, tensely.

"Tonks is lovely you know, she is quite funny too and well a little clumsy." I say to him and he rolls his eyes lightly at me. "What?"

"I know what your doing." Uncle Remus tells me, raising his eyebrows at me.

"And that is?" I ask with a little smirk.

"Trying to convince me to give it ago with Tonks." He says, looking rather sad. Overall he has been looking extremely down and a little rugged.

"I never said that, you did." I tell him with a smirk.

"You know what I mean! It just wouldn't work out she's in her early twenties and I'm in my mid-thirties." Uncle Remus begins to tell me. "And you know the whole other thing."

"I think she doesn't really care about that." I tell him raising my eyebrows slightly. "Honestly the age gap isn't that bad, one of Michaels sisters got married to a guy twenty-five years older than her."

"It's like you are trying to get us together." He says, raising his eyebrows.

"Well I love you both, and you would make a great couple." I tell him, and he laughs at me. "Did I say something funny?"

"No, just the way you say things." He says, looking at the clock then sighing. "I would love to stay, but I have some important business to attend to."

"Well thanks for popping by, you can come round next week, if you want." I suggest to him.

"I'll have to see what I may have planned." He says, standing up, as do I.

"I'll come and walk you out, I don't have that much to do around here now; so I need to keep myself busy." I tell him, walking through the flat.

"Well as soon as I can, I'll owl you and come round." Uncle Remus tells me.

"You are more than welcome anytime." I tell him, opening the front door into the shop, leaving it on the latch.

"Thank you for the tea, hopefully I'll see you within the next couple of weeks." He says, as we walk down the stairs.

"I hope so and like I said you are more than welcome round anytime, I'll make us all dinner one time." I say as we walk through the shop.

"That's good to know, but I'll see you soon." He says pulling me into a hug, before walking out the door and apparating off, and I walk around to find Fred.

"You okay?" I ask him as he stacks the shelf's, and he looks at me a little surprisingly.

"Yeah, I thought Remus was staying to talk to you for a bit?" Fred asks, momentarily stopping what he was doing.

"He did - has some important thing to do." I say as the babies kick away happily. "I think they can recognise their daddy's voice."

"I should hope so." He says, placing a hand on the bump. "I love you two lots and I can't wait to teach you all the pranks possible." He tells the bump with a smile on his face and the babies happily correspond as I give him a disapproving look. "Maybe not."

Fred stands up and pulls me in for a sweet kiss before being interrupted by a cough behind us and we split apart.

"Guys this is a family establishment, no kissing." George says and we both roll our eyes at him. "Anyway, I thought you were upstairs talking to Remus?"

"I was, but he had something important to attend to. So I thought I would come and bother you two." I say with a devilish smile.

"Of course you did." George says.

"That is no way to talk to your best friend." I tell him.

"You aren't my best friend." George tells me.

"Oh, you know I am." I say convincingly. "And you are permanently stuck with me."

"How tragic." George tells me.

"Now you two, stop fighting." Fred says.

"We're not fighting, we are simply having a discussion." I tell Fred. "Anyway, I suppose I should have a little nap, so I'm not so tired when everyone comes round later."

"Good idea." Fred says kissing my forehead.

"Yeah it is, I can't deal with grumpy y/n." George tells me.

"Whatever, I'll see you both in a bit." I say then walking back up the stairs, and heading to bed.

I try seeping for a good twenty minutes, but with the twins moving and kicking around it was kind of hard.

"I'm guessing you two, don't want mummy to sleep?" I ask and they continue to kick around. "What about a story for you both? Would you like that? What about the Quidditch World Cup?" They like away and I go to start the story as I have a hand on my stomach.

"So in the summer of 1994, your grandad; Arthur came home with tickets for the Quidditch World Cup and not just any tickets, the best tickets you could get. So as it was the final we were all very excited of course and he got eleven tickets, so grandad Arthur took your uncles, Bill, Charlie, Percy, George and Ron then uncle Ron brought uncle Harry and auntie Hermione and of course auntie Ginny and then mummy and daddy." I begin telling them. "Well the day of the final which was Ireland v Bulgaria, everyone but Bill, Charlie and Percy had to wake up early to walk..."

"... The atmosphere at the game was amazing, I can't wait till we can take you two to a game like that, although the events after weren't so pleasant, but as always your dad looked after me and didn't let me leave his side, however that story is for a different day." I finish telling the fifth-teen minute long story, trying to not miss out any details and they had finally settled down so I settle down myself and fall asleep peacefully.

I get woken up to Fred, shaking me softly and calling my name.

"Y/n... y/n time for you to get up beautiful; before everyone gets here." I hear Fred saying, and my eyes slowly flutter open.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I ask him.

"Well it's been around three hours since you came back up, so around two and a half hours I guess." He says, as I sit up.

"Sounds about right, these two wouldn't stop squirming around, so I told them a story and by the end they had stopped, clearly thought we shall go to sleep now." I tell Fred.

"What story did you tell them?" Fred asks, looking rather intrigued.

"About the Quidditch World Cup, I left out how it ended... they don't need to know about that yet." I say slightly sad, ever since then my life seemed to go down hill.

"Hey, what's up? You sound sad." Fred says to me.

Truthfully, I put on a brave face a lot of the time; I didn't want people to see me as weak, Fred included in that. I didn't like admitting that I was feeling quite down since my dad died, but I suppose with the babies and the wedding I feel like I can't be sad and always have to be happy.

"I'm just missing my dad, I feel like I haven't had enough time to grieve, with everything going on with the babies, the wedding and moving in." I say, a little tearfully.

"You're aloud to grieve whenever you want, don't feel like because you have some more responsibilities in life that you aren't aloud to feel sad... I couldn't imagine loosing one parent in my life let alone both of them, you are so brave and I will protect the three of you with everything I have." Fred says, pulling me into a hug, as I cry softly.

Fred comforts me as I cry, it was clearly needed I never really gave myself time to grieve over anything. After a good twenty minutes of crying I finally calm down; pulling away from Fred I look into his brown eyes and give him a small smile.

"Thank you, Fred. You are always there for me, when I need you the most." I say to him, as he wipes, whatever tears are left on my cheeks.

"And I always will be." He says, and I stand up.

"Right, I need to make myself look half presentable." I say, looking through my wardrobe.

"You look fine y/n, very beautiful in fact." Fred tells me as I continue to look through the wardrobe.

"To be fair half of these clothes don't even fit me anymore, I'm just hoping they fit after I've had the babies." I say to him.

"You look amazing, whatever size you are." Fred says, and I look at him suspiciously.

"You are being overly nice today, are you up to something?" I ask him.

"No, sometimes I like to complement you a lot." He says with a small smile.

We get ready for everyone to arrive and I was honestly so excited to see Oliver, he was kind of like the big brother I never had - well at one point I kind of did but never mind. As we sit in the living room with snacks and drinks on the table, I sit sipping my pumpkin juice, whilst the two boys sip on some sort of muggle alcohol called vodka, and they were mixing it with Godric knows what and there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." George says, getting up from the other sofa and he opens the door to reveal Melody, Jack, Lee, Angelina, Alicia and Oliver, and he invites them all in.

"Oliver it's been a while." I tell him as I stand up to greet everyone, him being the first one.

"It has. Sorry, I couldn't make the baby shower but Quidditch practice is a lot." Oliver tells me, as we pull each other into a hug. "These babies will be two of the best Quidditch players Hogwarts will ever see."

"I reckon they will be." I say as we pull away from the hug.

After greeting everyone, we all sit down having general conversations.

"Well, let's see if Harry can keep the Quidditch Cup in McGonagall's office." Oliver says.

"I hope so, I didn't rebuild half the team from scratch to win and then for him to let us down, he has pretty good players - two of them being Weasley's." I tell Oliver.

"You two, could have enough kids to build a Quidditch team." Oliver tells me and my eyes widen.

"No thanks, seven is way too many, my limit is four at the very most." I tell him. "Plus all the other Weasley's need to have kids yet."

"Yeah, we aren't having seven kids, I couldn't handle a mix of seven kids like us." Fred says and I completely agree.

"I also got the wedding invitation by the way." Oliver tells us, knowing that we sent them off at the beginning of July, as Molly wanted it all finished by the end of the summer, which most of it was to be fair.

"That's great, so your coming, right?" I ask him.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to miss it." Oliver tells me.

I watch as everyone else drinks and I sip on my pumpkin juice rather sadly but all was well as the babies kick away joyfully.

"How about we play never have I ever?" Lee asks.

"Yes, although y/n will stick to the pumpkin juice." Alicia tells me.

"Of course." I reply.

"Who wants to go first?" Jack asks.

"I will." Melody says. "Never have I ever got someone pregnant or been pregnant." I roll my eyes at her, taking a sip of my pumpkin juice and Fred takes a swig of his drink.

"That was a low blow." I tell her.

"I'll go next!" Lee announces. "Never have I ever done it at Hogwarts."

Everyone even Oliver takes a sip of there drink but Lee.

"Knew that out of everyone you would be the one to ask that." George tells him.

"Well that's because I have never done it." He says, in a know it all voice.

"We know, but you love to interrupt." Melody tells him.

"She's got a point Lee, when two people disappear upstairs, locking the door behind them it means they don't want to be interrupted." I tell him and he just shrugs his shoulders.

"I'll go next." Alicia says. "Never have I ever been engaged."

Jack, Melody, Fred and I all take a sip of our drinks.

"I'm going to be so drunk." Fred says, and he is already tipsy.

"And the babysitting duties begin." I say, laughing lightly.

As we continue playing the game, a few truths are uncovered about all of us, some which I didn't want to know about and some that other people didn't want to know about Fred and myself.

"What can I say, I know what she likes." Fred tells them, with a massive grin on his face, over the last forty-five minutes he had consumed so much alcohol, that I don't think he knew how embarrassing he was being.

"Shut. Up." I say gritting my teeth. "Not everyone needs to know about that, only you!"

"Yeah, I didn't want to know that about y/n." Jack says, pulling a face.

"I don't think anyone did." Oliver says and I nod in agreement.

"Right, never have I ever, been a dumbass." Angelina says and no one takes a drink. "Lee, Fred, George; drink up."

"Hey!" The three exclaim.

"We're not dumbassses." George says defending the three of them.

"You kind of are though." I say in agreement.

"Hey! Well you are marrying this dumbass and having his babies." Fred says, clearly drunk.

"You are my dumbass and I think you should lay off the alcohol a bit." I tell him.

"No - no, it's all good, I'm fine." He protests and I just leave him, then talking to Oliver about professional quidditch.

"I'm all honesty, as much as I love quidditch, sometimes I wish I didn't go pro with all of the training, with that being said, I do love it most of the time." Oliver tells me.

"I would love to get into quidditch but, with the babies I just don't think it's going to be possible." I tell him, slightly disappointed as I would love to play pro.

"They could be team mascots and you could just bring them along." Oliver tells me and I laugh.

"And them possibly be hit by bludgers and quaffles? No thank you." I say laughing lightly, and I can tell the babies are sleeping.

"That's true, maybe once they get older you can?" He suggests.

"We will see, I want to spend a lot of time with them before I go back off into the world." I tell him.

"I get that." He agrees.

"We should get going." Jack says, looking at Melody.

"Melody has Healer stuff to do tomorrow and I have Auror training." Jack says, rather tipsy himself.

"So should I, I struggle to find enough time off already, I should go and see my parents." Oliver says.

"We are still looking at houses, so we should be having a house warming party when we move in, which should be soon." Melody says.

We wish the three of them goodbyes as Angelina, Lee and Alicia are staying the night and after another hour a wave of exhaustion falls over me and Fred takes that as a signal that we should head to bed.

"Looks like Miss Black here is very tired." Fred says, rather drunk.

"Yes, well I am growing two humans in me." I say getting up and getting some water to take up to bed before saying my goodnights to everyone.

I get into my pyjamas and get ready for bed as Fred gets into bed extremely drunk, smiling at me.

"You okay?" I ask him, laughing slightly.

"Never been better love," he says smiling at me.

"You don't look to good, you are going to regret it in the morning." I say climbing into bed and turning the lamps off.

"Yeah - I changed my mind, I don't feel so good." Fred says, jumping out of bed and running towards the bathroom and I turn the lamps on rushing after him as he throws up in the toilet.

"Lovely." I say, flushing the chain, then rubbing his back. "Would you like some water?"

Fred only responds with a nod, before being sick again as I go and get one of the glasses of water that I brought up. I walk back to him and hand it to him, before sitting on the bath ledge, rubbing his back.

After a good thirty minutes of Fred being sick he finally stopped.

"You okay, now?" I ask with a small yawn.

"Yeah, I don't think I should drink again for a while." Fred tells me and I laugh at him.

"You will though, right brush your teeth and then it's bed time, don't you agree?" I ask Fred and he nods his head.

We both get into bed, cuddling up to each other, me being careful just incase Fred is sick again. I barely get any sleep as I'm worried about Fred; and the babies are moving around.

- - - -

A/n: sorry this chapter is short but once again I wanted to say thank you all for 20k, I know it's not much to most people but I didn't think I would even get 1k in reads so this is amazing! Anyways, as always I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Anyway I have six, well almost five days till my birthday and I am very excited.

I also hope you have all had great days or having a great day! Honestly I am a big ball of excitement right now and I have no clue why. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 12.5K 64
Daisy Willow Black has had somewhat of a normal life. By all means, growing up with Remus Lupin and the Weasley family. Plus she finally has her fath...
31.5K 546 70
"i like you." he says, finally spitting the words out. i stare up at him, he's sweating from his Quidditch match and his hair is sticking to his ski...
5.6K 133 17
Harry James Potter and his twin sister Olivia Jane Potter, discovered an amazing secret about themselves last year. They were actually a witch and a...
184K 4K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...