Before I Go - Fred Weasley x...

By LaineWeasley

Since the first year y/n Avery has been a friend group with the other Gryffindors in her year. Sharing a dorm... More

1. The Summer Before Fifth Year
2. Reunited
3. Seriously
4. Official
5. Oh no
6. Halloween
7. Marauder's Map
8. November Snow
9. Hogsmead Date
10. Slimey Slytherins
11. Sweet Sixteen
12. The birthday Ball
13. Ballgowns and Ballrooms
14. The Christmas Eve Ball
15. Christmas With the Weasleys
16. So what?
17. Bloody Hell
18. The Argument
19. Forgive and Forget
20. Gryfindor versus Ravenclaw
21. The Gryffindor Break-In
22. Birthday Boys
23. The Quidditch Final
24. OWLs
25. Starting the Summer
26. Back to the Burrow
27. Results
28. Nine Weasleys and an Avery
29. Summer loving
30. The Tickets
31. Sunset Date
32. Harry's Arrival
33. The Portkey
34. The Qudditch World Cup - part 1
35. The Quidditch World Cup - Part 2
36. Run
37. Nightmares and Daydreams
38. Back to Hogwarts
39. The Triwizard Tournament
40. The Three Unforgivable Curses
41. The Makeover
42. Nightmares Come True
43. The Goblet of Fire
44. Amortentia
45. The First Task
46. The After Party
47. Seventeen
48. The Yule Ball
49. The Second Task
50. Spring
51. The Last Task
52. Summer Sorrow
53. Order of the Phoenix - Part One
54. Order of the Phoenix - Part Two
55. Harry's Hearing
56. The Last Year
57. The Detention
58. High Inquisitor
59. Head in the Fire
60. Dumbledore's Army
61. Ministry Attack
62. Our First Christmas as a Family
63. New Term
65. The Weasley Twins Exit
66. The Department of Mysteries
67. Goodbye
68. New beginings
69. 93 Diagon Alley
70. The Engagment and The Baby shower
71.The Quidditch Team Catch Up
72. Three Years
73. The Weasley's Arrival
74. Hello, Old Friend
75. December
76. The Twins First Christmas
77. The Weasley Twin's Magic
78. Happy Birthday, My Love
79. The Weasley Black Wedding
80. The Honeymoon
81. May Madness
82. The Death of a Professor
83. The Battle of the Seven Harry's
84. The Wedding of Bill and Fleur
85. Hiding
86. The Ministry break-in
87. The Weasley Twins first birthday
88. Christmas
89. Nineteen Ninety-Eight
90. A Week Filled With Nightmares
91. One year of marriage
92. The Final battle
93. The Second of May ninteen-ninty eight
94. Too Many Goodbyes
95. Life after the War
96. Happily Ever-After
97. Epilogue
A/n: thank you
NEW BOOK

64. The Demise of the DA

2.1K 41 24
By LaineWeasley

Since being back time has flown by as I always seem to be busy, as does Fred and we rarely ever get time together and anytime we do someone wants to talk about wedding stuff which we don't mind but we like time to ourselves. We were currently sitting at the Gryffindor table and over last Hogsmeade weekend, Harry done an interview with the Quibbler about what really happened last year and had got quite a few letters from the readers.

"Harry do you mind if we-" Hermione began saying.

"Help yourself," Harry tells her, and Ron and Hermione both begin to open envelopes as I sit eating.

"This one's from a bloke who thinks you're off your rocker. Ah well..." Ron says, looking down at the letter.

"This women recommends, you try a good course of Shock Spells at St Mongo's." Hermione says, looking rather disappointed.

"This one looks okay, though." Harry says, scanning the letter in his hand. "Hey! She says she believes me!"

"This one is in two minds." Fred tells us, joining them all on reading the letters. "Says you don't come across as a mad person, but he really doesn't want to believe that you-know-how is back so he doesn't know what to think now. Blimey, what a waste of parchment."

Fred puts the letter down and continues eating as we watch the others open the letters.

"Here's another one you've convinced, Harry!" Hermione tells him excitedly. "Having read your side of the story, I am forced to the conclusion that the Daily Prophet has treated you unfairly... little though I want to think He Who Must Not Be Named has returned, I am forced to accept that you are telling the truth... Oh, this is wonderful!"

"Another one who think's you're barking." Ron says, throwing the letter on the table and picking another one up. "... But this one says you've got her converted and she now thinks you're a real hero - she's put in a photograph too - wow!"

"What's going on here?" The falsely sweet voice of Umbridge could be heard from behind Fred and myself. "Why have you got all these letters, Mr Potter?"

"Is that a crime now? Getting Mail?" Fred says loudly.

"Be careful Mr Weasley, or I shall put you in detention. Well, Mr Potter?" Umbridge says in her fake voice.

You could tell that Harry hesitated for a few moments before speaking up. "People have written to me because I gave an interview about what really happened last June."

"An interview?" Umbridge's voice was extremely high, Fred and I look at each other with smirks on our faces. "What do you mean?"

"I mean a reporter ask me questions and I answered them." Harry tells her, "here-" Harry throws her a copy of the Quibbler.

"When did you do this?" Umbridge asks him, with a slight tremble in her voice.

"Last Hogsmeade weekend." Harry tells her.

"There will be no more Hogsmeade trips for you, Mr Potter." She says, taking a deep breath. "How dare you... how could you..." She took another deep breath. "I have tried again and again to teach you not to tell lies. The message, apparently, has still not sunk in. Fifty point from Gryffindor and another week's worth of detentions." She then walks away with the copy of the Quibbler clutched to her chest.

"What a massive bitch." I whisper as she walks away and Fred laughs at me lightly.

By mid-morning there was another Educational Decree, I honestly think she thinks banning everything is going to solver her problems.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH IQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

Any student found in possession of the magazine The Quibbler will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-Seven.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor.

"Does she honestly think, the more rules she puts in place the better this place is going to be?" Fred asks our group.

"I don't know, but maybe she'll ban breathing soon as well." Jack replies.

"It wouldn't surprise me." Melody replies.

"I'm so fed up of this women, can she just leave already?" I say groaning.

"Fancy skipping Umbridge's class?" Fred asks me.

"With you any day." I reply before turning to our friends. "We honestly don't care what you say to Umbridge, most of the class skip her lessons now anyway."

"That's true, suppose we will see you both later then?" Angelina says.

"Yeah." I reply before turning toto Fred, "where we going then?"

"Walk on the grounds, then sit by the lake?" He asks.

"Sounds lovely." I say, and he takes my hand.

"I can't believe how quick the wedding plans are going, mum already said she's going to get started on the decorations." Fred tells me as we walk through the hallways.

"Yeah, the plans are going quite quick, which is good, your mum also said she wants to do the cake, which I said she doesn't need to but she said she is doing it and that we can't say no to her." I say to him and we both laugh lightly knowing this wedding is probably is going to be fully planned before the end of July.

"Mum is a wonderful cook, so its understandable why she wants to and it looks like I'm her only child getting married for a while." Fred tells me.

"That's true, I reckon it will be Bill and Fleur next, I'm not sure bout George and Angelina, I feel like they will wait a while, as she is very focused on her career." I say to Fred as we walk down the grassy hill.

"Yeah, I'm glad we can get some time just us, feels like we haven't had some time just us for months now." Fred says.

"We honestly haven't every time we get a minute, someone disturbs us either about the joke shop or the wedding and between all the things we are both doing it is hard to find even five minutes together." I say as we continue to walk.

"Hopefully once the joke shop is up and running, no one will interrupt us, when we are trying to spend time together. As much as I love having all of our friends so interested in helping us with things, sometimes spending time just us is all I want." Fred replies.

"Oh don't worry, me too." I tell him as we sit down by the lake, looking up at the clouds and I hold Fred's right hand.

"You know, after we get married, your mum is probably going to want a grandchild." I say to Fred and he laughs lightly, knowing what his mum is like.

"Oh, I know, but do we really want to rush in with having kids? Like we are still young and have a good few years before we need to." Fred tells me and I turn my head to look at him and the sun highlights the freckles dotted around his face.

"We will see how we feel about it closer to the time, we don't need to think about having kids yet." I say to him, looking back up at the blue sky with different shaped clouds above us.

"That's true." Fred tells me.

We sit in silence looking up at the clouds.

"That one looks like a dog." I say to Fred, pointing at the cloud I was talking about.

"Yeah, it kind of does." He says to me.

"I love you, y/n." Fred tells me, and I turn around to see Fred smirking at me.

"Oh, I love you too, Fred." I say smiling at him as I turn onto my side, and he places a kiss on my lips.

"So where would you like to go for our honeymoon?" Fred asks me.

"I don't know... maybe stay somewhere in the countryside for a week, go to little restaurant's, go exploring, I feel like going abroad in this time is such a big risk and besides just us for a whole week would be very fun." I say to Fred. "And we could go the Monday after the wedding and come back on the Sunday, just a suggestion."

"I like the sound of that, and I agree, a whole week just the two of us and no interruptions sounds perfect." Fred agrees with me.

"Then, we will need to find somewhere that we both agree looks nice." I say to him.

"Yeah, we will, I'm so glad that I'm marrying you y/n, there is no one else I would rather marry." Fred tells me, as I look into his deep brown eyes that are looking like they have swirls of honey in them from the reflection of sunlight.

"You are honestly adorable, Fred Weasley." I say to him.

"I know, Y/n Weasley." He replies and I laugh lightly at him. "It goes well and it suits you."

"It does indeed." I say to him.

We spend the rest of the lesson, sitting and chatting together it was really needed as we rarely get a moment together, without someone else present. A couple of days pass and we are walking between lessons when we all hear shouting and screaming coming from the Entrance Hall.

"What in Godric's name is going on?" Melody asks.

"I have absolutely no idea, but we should go and have a look." Alicia says and we all walk towards the entrance which was flooding with students.

We see Professor Trelawney, the divination teacher standing in the middle of the Entrance Hall, with her wand in one hand and an empty bottle in the other, with two trunks either side of her looking more mad than usual.

"No! NO! This cannot be happening... it cannot... I refuse to accept it." Professor Trelawney shrieks.

"You didn't realise this was coming?" The familiar high pitched fake voice could be heard saying, it almost sounded like she was laughing. "Incapable though you are of predicting even tomorrow's weather, you must surely have realised that your pitiful performance during my inspections, and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitable that you would be sacked?"

"You c-can't," Professor Trelawney howls with tears streaming down her face. "You c-can't sack me! I've b-been here sixteen years! H-Hogwarts is m-my h-home!"

"It was your home." Umbridge tells her, as Trelawney has tears streaming down her face and a look of enjoyment spread across Umbridge's toad looking face. "Until an hour ago, when the Minister for Magic countersigned you Order of Dismissal. Mow kindly remove yourself from this Hall. You are embarrassing us."

"This bitch!" I hear Jack say.

"Honestly, might Hex the toad." I reply.

Then we see Professor McGonagall break through the crowd to comfort Trelawney and she gave her a handkerchief from her robes.

"There, there, Sybill ... calm down... blow your nose on this... it's not as bad as you think, now... you are not going to have to leave Hogwarts..." Professor McGonagall says.

"Oh really, Professor McGonagall?" Umbridge says in a deadly tone. "And your authority for that statement is...?"

"That would be mine." A deep voice says as the oak doors swing open and Dumbledore appeared at the entrance. Dumbledore walks over to where Professor McGonagall and Professor Trelawny are standing.

"Yours, Professor Dumbledore?" Umbridge says, with that unpleasant little laugh that she does. "I'm afraid you do not understand the position. I have here-" She pulled a parchment scroll out from her robes. "-an Order of Dismissal signed by myself and the Minister of Magic. Under the terms of Educational Decree Number Twenty-three, the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts has the power to inspect, place upon probation and sack any teacher she - that is to say, I - feel is not performing to the standards required by the Ministry of Magic. I have decided that Professor Trelawney is not up to scratch. I have dismissed her."

"You are quite right, of course, Professor Umbridge. As High Inquisitor you have every right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to send them away from the castle. I am afraid, that the power to do so still resides with the Headmaster, and it is my wish that Professor Trelawney continue to live at Hogwarts." Dumbledore corrects Umbridge.

"No - no. I'll g-go, Dumbledore! I sh-shall - leave Hogwarts and s-seek my fortune elsewhere-"

"No it is my wish that you remain, Sybill." Dumbledore interrupted Trelawney. "Might I ask you to escort Sybill back upstairs, Professor McGonagall."

"Of course" Professor McGonagall replies. "Up you get, Sybill."

Along with Professor Sprout, Professor McGonagall they guided her up the stairs with Professor Flitwick levitating the trunks with his wand and proceeded to follow them up the stairs. You could see that Umbridge was shocked by the events that just happened.

"And what, are you going to do with her once I appoint a new Divination teacher to her lodgings?" Umbridge whispered, but it carried all around the Hall.

"Oh, that won't be a problem. You see I've already found us a new Divination teacher, and he will prefer lodgings on the ground floor." Dumbledore tells her.

"You've found? Might I remind you, Dumbledore, the under Educational Decree-+ Number Twenty-two-" Umbridge began saying.

"The Ministry had the right to appoint a suitable candidate if - and only if - the Headmaster is unable to find one." Dumbledore corrected her. "And I am happy to say that on this occasion I have succeeded. May I introduce you?"

We all look to the doors of the Entrance Hall and there stands a man joined to the palomino body of a hours with white-blond hair and blue eyes.

"This is Firenze, I think you'll find him suitable." Dumbledore says to a thunderstruck Umbridge.

We walk into the common room talking about what just happened between Umbridge and Dumbledore.

"I just love the fact he left her speechless." Jack says.

"Don't we all, honestly, he showed her up." I reply as we sit on the sofa's in front of the fire, which wasn't on at the moment.

"Yeah, but I have a feeling this is when shit really takes a turn with Umbridge." Melody says.

"Yeah, well we need to be more careful about the DA." I say to the group and they agree.

The next few days go by and we were now in April and we were starting on Patronuses, which we were all excited to learn about. Fred and I in the next few days have the birthday dinner.

"Look at yours Melody." I say seeing that Melody had got hers and it was a horse.

I look around and see all my friends have got them, the twins had a magpie each. Jack had a dog. Lee had an owl. Alicia had a cat and Angelina had an otter. I then myself had a rabbit hopping around me when the room goes silent.

"Hi, Dobby!" I hear Harry say, breaking the silence. "What are you- what's wrong?"

The elf's eyes were wide with terror and he was shaking and everyone was looking at Dobby to know what he was doing here.

"Harry Potter, sir... Dobby has come to warm you... but the house-elves have been warned not to tell..." Dobby says with his voice shaking.

"What happened, Dobby?" Harry asks the elf and Harry holds the elf so he doesn't try to hurt himself.

"Harry Potter... she... she..." Dobby began saying.

"Who's she?" Harry asks, but I thought there could only be one 'she' that Dobby was talking about... Umbridge.

"Umbridge?" Harry asks Dobby nodded as his reply.

"What about her? Dobby - she hasn't found out about this - about us - about the DA?" Harry asks him and we can all see the look on Dobby's face right now means that she does.

"Is she coming?" Harry asked the house elf and Dobby let out a howl.

"Yes, Harry Potter, yes." Dobby replies and everyone around the room looked slightly terrified and Fred grabbed my hand.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ? RUN!" Harry shouts and Fred dragged me out of the room neither of us looking back as we run through the halls and safely into the common room.

"I don't know if anyone else made it out." Fred says to me and we both share a look of uncertainty.

"I heard footsteps behind me, so hopefully they all get back here soon." I to Fred.

In small groups people made their way back into the common room the last two being Hermione and Ron.

"No Harry?" I ask them and they both shake their heads.

"Umbridge, must of caught him." Fred replies and horror appears over my face.

"This is bad... really bad..." I say to them.

"Y/n calm down, he'll be fine, his Harry Potter, he survived you know who." George tells me, "to him Umbridge is like a piece of cake."

"It's not the point, you saw what she done to our hands, well most of our hands, what stops her from doing something worse?" I ask them.

"Dumbledore, won't let that happen." Melody tells me.

"Right, I'm going to have a shower to try and relax." I say walking up the stairs as the twins begin to whisper to each other before walking up the stairs.

Once having my shower, I walk into the boys dorm, only to see Fred and George, guessing the others are still down the stairs.

"What are you two up to?" I ask the pair of them and the look at each other as I close the door behind me.

"Come and sit down." Fred tells me.

"What's going on?" I ask him.

They fill me in on their plans on pranking Umbridge, it somewhat fills me with a little bit of dread. "Are you sure about this?" I ask them.

"It's only some fireworks, it will be funny." George tells me. "Well for starters. Phase one."

"I suppose you are right I'm just stressed and tired, and everyone keeps badgering me about wedding stuff." I say, "everyone knows I'm planning, but I still have my NEWTs and quidditch; I think people forget I have them as well."

"It's fine love, just get settled in bed and I'll be there in a couple of minutes." Fred tells me and I place a kiss on his cheek, before getting into Fred's bed and I snuggle myself in, feeling my eyes slowly drop closing, bringing me into a peaceful sleep.

Once we all awoke in the morning and made our way to the hall we all see a new Educational Decree.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-Eight.

Signed: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister for Magic.

I scoff at the sign as the rest of the group finish reading it.

"So what happens now then?" Melody asks.

"I have absolutely no idea." Angelina says and I don't think any of us do.

We go through our morning lessons, with this new inquisitorial squad docking points from other other house but Slytherin because the entire squad was Slytherin. We walk into the Great Hall for lunch and we see the younger trio looking at the giant hour-glass set. I could of sworn this morning that Gryffindor and Ravenclaw were tied but now they were both going down increasingly fast whereas the Slytherin one remained unchanged.

"We will be back." Fred says, to the rest of our friends as we walk up to the group.

"Noticed have you?" Fred asks them as they stand with one of the Hufflepuff's, Ernie Macmillian was standing with them.

"Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points." Harry tells us, as we watch several more stones fly up from the Gryffindor hour-glass.

"Yeah, Montague tried to do us durning break." George tells them.

"What do you mean, 'tried'?" Ron asks us rather quickly.

"He never managed to get all the words out, due to the fact we forced him head-first into that Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor." Fred tells them and a smirk appears on all three of our faces, as he was harassing me telling me that I could do better and other shit so he got what he deserved. Hermione looked extremely shocked at what Fred told them.

"But you'll get into terrible trouble!" Hermione says and all three of us shrug our shoulders.

"Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him." Fred tells them. "Anyway... we've decided we don't care about getting into trouble anymore."

"Have you ever?" Hermione asks them and I shake my head.

"Of course we have, never been expelled, have we?" George tells her, as Fred nudges my side.

"We've always known where to draw the line," Fred tells them, which was slightly true.

"Mostly." I say quickly.

"We might have put a toe across it occasionally." George tells them, we all knew it was true but Dumbledore found it rather amusing.

"But we've always stopped short of causing real mayhem." Fred tells them.

"Most of the time... although." I begin to say, before Ron starts asking questions.

"But now?" Ron asks them both.

"Well now -" George began saying.

"- what with Dumbledore gone- " Fred continues.

"- we reckon a bit of mayhem -" George the continues from Fred.

"- is exactly what our dear new Head deserves," Fred tells them, and devilish smirks appear in both the twins faces.

"You mustn't! You really mustn't! She'd love a reason to expel you!" Hermione whispers.

"You don't get it, Hermione, do you?" Fred tells her as the smiles on the twins faces don't falter. "We don't care about staying anymore. We'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do out but for Dumbledore first. So, anyway." Fred says checking his watch. "Phase one is about to begin. I'd sit down for lunch, if I were you m, that way the teachers will see you can't have had anything to do with it."

"Anything to do with what?" Hermione asks, rather anxiously.

"You'll see. Run along, now." George tells them as the two boys disappear out of the Hall.

The rest of us go and sit down and the Gryffindor table.

"Y/n, do you know what they are doing?" Ron asks me and I shrug my shoulders.

"Yeah, those two are being more schemey than usual." Jack tells me and I shrug my shoulders again.

"I just hope, whatever they are up to, Fred doesn't get himself expelled before this family meal tonight, I can't deal with them by myself." I groan.

"Oh, yeah, that really doesn't sound fun, any other kids from Hogwarts going?" Alicia asks me.

"Yes, unfortunately, Lucinda, Malfoy and Pucey." I say groaning. "As far as I am aware."

"Sounds lovely." Melody says as we eat.

"Your telling me, last time I was in a room with them all I was practically thrown into a marriage with Pucey, can't wait to flash off the engagement ring that little bit more now." I say to the group.

"I forgot about that, I bet you can't wait to get the little dogs in there, can you?" Jack says and I laugh lightly and before I could respond.

BOOM!

We all looked to the doors of the Great Hall before smiling at each other knowing exactly what was going on.

"I reckon that's them." I say with a massive grin on my face before we all wandered out of the Great Hall to see what was going on.

There was all types of fireworks. Dragons comprised entirely of green and gold sparks were whizzing around the corridors with loud bangs. There were vibrant pink Catherine wheels also flying through the air. Firecrackers exploding along with sparklers. Umbridge and Filch were standing in horror looking at the fireworks.

"Hurry, Filch, hurry!" Umbridge shrieks, "they'll be all over the school unless we do something - Stupefy!" Red sparks sky out of Umbridges, blasting a hole through one of the fireworks.

"Don't stun them Filch." Umbridge yells at Filch, making it sound like it was his thought.

"Right you are, Headmistress!" Wheezed Filch as I felt an arm snake around me.

"Amazing fireworks, handsome." I whisper to Fred.

"Thanks beautiful, enjoy the show?" He asks me.

"It was spectacular, I suppose we should make our way to Transfigurations." I say to him.

"Yeah, I suppose we should." Fred replies and the rest of our group look over with wide smiles, as we walk to Transfigurations the group whisper their well done's and how did they do it's.

As for McGonagall well she wasn't very bothered by the fireworks, more like trying to get any kind of insult to Umbridge as she possibly could which was slightly funny. Fred and I got ourselves ready for the meal and when we came down everyone began congratulating Fred and George even more.

"Don't you look posh?" Melody asks me and I roll my eyes slightly.

"I'm so glad I don't have to wear dress robes practically everyday anymore, Godric, I don't miss this life style." I say to the girls.

"Yeah, hey don't you have two diadems or something like that as well?" Alicia asks me.

"Yes, but the are family heirlooms and they are still mine regardless of what has happened, but I'll probably keep them somewhere safe." I say to them.

"You both look adorable with matching dress robes." Angelina tells me.

"Yeah, well I don't think they would like it if Fred and I rocked up in our everyday where and I've not had to do my hair like this for ages." I say groaning lightly, looking at the time. "We should be going in a minute, the meal begins at seven and it's 6:43 now."

"Yeah, so Umbridge approved then?" Melody asks.

"Yep, couldn't really turn it down as of the position in the Ministry that Micheal and Malfoy's dad are in." I say to them, "right we best get going." I say walking over to Fred.

"Right Freddie, dear we best get going." I tell him and he looks down at his watch.

"Yes, I suppose we should, right we will see you all later. Just ask George if you want to be put on the list for the fireworks." Fred says taking my arm and we climb out of the portrait hole.

"Remember all the things I told you? Just be careful they can all be a bit - well you know what I mean." I say as we see the Slytherins that are coming with us.

"Evening." I say politely.

"Evening." Lucinda replies sing with Adrian.

"So, who's apparating with who?" I ask them.

"I'll go with Pucey." Malfoy says.

"You two can come with me then as Fred has never been to the Avery manor before." I say as we walk out of the school grounds.

"I'm not surprised." I hear Draco whisper and I send Fred a look not to react.

"Right then, I suppose we should apparate then." Pucey says and I hold my hands out and Fred takes my left hand and Lucinda takes my right. Within seconds we appear outside the Avery manor, my old home.

And Lucinda knocks on the door, with Michaels sister answering as I grip Fred's hand. She greets us all even Fred as we make our way through the house and Fred looks around and the family portrait of the five of us is still handing up as we walk through to the extremely large dining room and Micheal gets up and gets up and greets us pulling me into a tight hug, then spotting the ring on my finger.

"Well I guess congratulations are in order." He says, holding out a hand to Fred to shake.

"Thank you." Fred says, to him, looking slightly awkward around the room.

"So when's the wedding?" Micheal asks, with Katherine walking over.

"Next April." I reply, "so I guess we are sitting here." I say pointing to two chairs that a free.

"Oh yes, and congratulations on your engagement." Katherine says, this being the first time we have spoke in over two years and we are sat next to Austin and his now wife Penelope.

"So I would just like to thank you all for coming this evening, it is so lovely to see you all and have y/n back with us, and to congratulate you both on the engagement. We also have some other good news that Austin and Penelope are expecting their first child in September." Micheal begins.

"Congratulations." I say to the pair, along with the rest of the room.

"Thank you," Penelope and Austin reply.

Separate conversations fill the room and I am currently engaged in conversation with Penelope, Austin and Fred.

"So when is it the two of you are going to get married?" Penelope asks, rubbing the small baby bump.

"April, next year, in the half term so we can have Fred's siblings there, we were thinking the 11th." I say to her.

"Sounds lovely, so big wedding?" Austin asks us.

"Yeah, I suppose we have quite a lot of people to invite." Fred tells them.

"So will we be expecting an invite?" Penelope asks throwing me off and I quickly reply.

"Of course you are we are sending them off at the end of July, I suppose that gives everyone time to reply to the invites." I tell them. "So are you two going to find out the gender of the baby or wait until the baby is born?"

"We are still in two minds at the moment, so we will know closer to the time." Austin tells me, this is the most conversation I have probably had with him, but Penelope seems rather sweet.

"So y/n how are you finding your last year at Hogwarts?" Micheal asks me, involving himself in conversation.

"Rather busy, being Quidditch captain, NEWTs and planning a wedding, keeps us very busy." I reply.

"I would guess so, didn't something happen with a few of the boys on the Quidditch team, Cornelius told us." Dad says and I tense up slightly unsure of what to say as the Malfoy's are sitting down the table.

"Oh, that, well..." I begin saying and Fred grips my hand. "I suppose, if certain people weren't so rude, then bad things won't happen to them." I say eating the first course.

"Well, what do you think of Dolores, well I suppose you call her Professor Unbridge?" Micheal asks.

"Hmmm, I'm still unsure on her, there's something there that I don't like about her, gut feeling I suppose." I say, placing the fork down.

"Well, I suppose she is setting things right within the school." Katherine says.

"You could say that." I mumble. "Although, seeing her getting chased around fireworks, was rather entertaining." I say and I even hear Lucinda giggle.

"She was trying to get rid of them all afternoon." I say, remembering seeing her running around all afternoon trying to get ride of them all."

"I wonder who would do that." I hear Pucey say from down the table and I throw Fred a quick glance.

"Could of been anyone." I say.

"So what are you both thinking of doing after you leave this year?" Katherine asks.

"We are both a little unsure, we are just waiting to see what we both achieve in our NEWTs to decide on that." I answer, knowing that Fred and George's joke shop would be a difficult subject to cover.

"I suppose it's good to keep your options open." Micheal replies. "So didn't Dolores, catch some secret group, that Dumbledore was planning, and didn't you catch Potter, Draco?" Micheal asks and we turn our heads down the table.

"Yeah, I did." Draco says with a smug look on his face and Lucinda looks a little uneasy as the main course arrives and we mainly sit in silence as we all eat and after the plates are cleared the conversations pick up again.

"So y/n, have you decided on who is going to give you away yet?" Katherine asks, maybe they are trying to get some information out of me.

"Oh, I'm a little unsure on that one, as I don't have either of my parents, I was possibly thinking Fred's older brother Bill, he has always looked after me." I say not wanting to admit that my dad is going to give me away.

"What about Micheal, he has raised you." Katherine suggests.

"Sounds like a good idea, I haven't fully decided yet, so there are quite a few options open right now and we have just over a year to decide on everything." I say, holding onto Fred's hand, I can tell his uncomfortable, I mean so am I.

"So, Fred, when did you decide that you wanted to marry y/n?" Micheal asks and all eyes move to Fred.

"I suppose ever since we got together I knew that I wanted to marry her, but last June, really made the decision final, she's such an amazing and kind person and I knew that I was going to marry her." Fred says rather confidently.

"That's sweet, so when did you ask her?" Katherine asks.

"Christmas." We both reply in unison.

"How sweet." I hear someone say from down the table.

"So have you sorted out wedding stuff yet?" Katherine asks.

"A few things yes. So venue, date, bridal party and the groomsmen... oh and the cake." I say with a small smile.

"Fancy sparing some details?" Katherine asks.

"We decided as the wedding is in spring, that we would like it at the Burrow, and it's most likely going to be the 11th of April, we have my friends Alicia and Angelina as bridesmaids along with my best friend Melody as my maid of honour. Then Fred's younger sister Ginny as a bridesmaid along with Hermione, a close friend of mine in the same year as Lucinda and Draco." I tell them.

"Isn't she the- "

"Mudblood." I hear half of the table say.

"Why would you have her as one of the bridesmaids, surely you would rather have someone of a higher blood standing as a bridesmaid? Like Lucinda for an example." Katherine tells me, sipping on her drink.

"Well we don't see it as an issue and it isn't your wedding, so I don't see how it bothers you." I say rolling my eyes at her.

"It's bad enough you are marrying a blood-traitor." Katherine tells me and I can feel my blood boiling.

"It doesn't even affect you, I'm not your child, quite frankly tonight was to see if I even want half of this family at the wedding. And for all that matters is that I love Fred, and I always will and nothing you can do will change that for me and no ones opinions really matter." I say the room falling silent.

"Look, you two don't start another fight." Michael tells the two of us.

"Fine." We both huff at the same time.

"Regardless of differences, I know your mother wouldn't want you both to be arguing like this." Michael says turning to me. "We need to have a private talk the three of us."

"I'm bringing Fred." I tell him firmly.

"Fine, we should go to the study." Michael says, and the four of us stand up. "Sorry, we will be back shortly, Austin, keep the table well entertained please."

The four of us walk into the study and I sit down in one of the chairs, Fred sitting next to me.

"So what's going on then?" I ask them and they look between one another.

"So we have a letter left by Elizabeth- your mum." Katherine says, "she wrote it before her death, we spoke about what Voldemort wanted to happen and she agreed with me that she would rather die than all of us, we put on an act as we didn't know who could be watching, I don't have any clue what she has wrote down in the letter, but it's addressed to you." She says handing me the letter.

"I also wanted to tell you, sorry for what I said out there, we still need to blend in with them all, so my personal apologies Fred." Katherine says to us and I'm slightly shocked and I can see Fred is.

"Thank you, but what's changed?" I ask them and they look at each other.

"We were never the biggest supporters of Voldemort - and we don't want to live that life at all, and we also want a good relationship with our niece and our children, not having to worry about them possibly being in harms way, anyway we should act like we had a massive argument, act like we have all fallen out - otherwise it's too suspecting." Michael says and I stand up and he pulls me into a hug, then shakes Fred's hand and Katherine, then pulls me into a hug.

I open the door and start screaming, "you know what, I'm glad I'm not your child and that I don't have to live with you I sufferable arseholes anymore!"

"That's ironic coming from you - you little blood traitor!" Katherine shouts.

"I'd rather be a blood traitor than a stuck up blood supremacist bitch." I say before opening the front door and storming out with Fred clutching my hand.

"That was funny." Fred tells me.

"Oh I know - well I suppose I'm going to have to invite them to the wedding or at least the kids." I say to Fred, "ready?"

"Yeah." We apparate just outside of the grounds of Hogwarts and we begin to walk back on the grounds.

"I don't know how you used to sit in those dinners all the time - they are so boring." Fred tells me and I laugh lightly.

"Don't I know it? I need cuddles and sleep, today has been positively eventful, you and George honestly impress me so much with your skills." I say to him.

"Yes, it has. Do you want to read the letter?" Fred asks me, gesturing to the letter in my hand.

"Yeah, we can read it when we get back to the common room," I say to him.

As we arrive in the common room it is still pretty full as it was around 8:30 so no one really wanted to go to bed yet, we spot our friends and sit down with them.

"How was the meal?" George asks.

"Let's just say, Freddie here never wants to go to another one." I tell him.

"It was so boring, but Austin and his wife are expecting a baby in September, that was the most interesting thing that happened apart from this letter." Fred tells the group and they look at the letter in my hand.

"Come on then, open it." Melody encourages me and I open it and start reading it.

To y/n,

If you are reading this letter Katherine and Michael have stuck to their promise to give you this once you get engaged.

I hope the man you are going to marry is kind and treats you how you deserve to be treated and that he has a lovely family. I wanted to tell you that, I am always with you in spirit and when you get married, I will walk down the aisle with you in spirit.

When you get married, my one request that I want you to fulfil is that you leave your bouquet of flowers on my grave, ask them where it is, I have always loved flowers and you used to help me plant them in the garden.

I want to keep this short but think of me on your wedding day and I'll be there,

Love mum.

"It's sweet, but I have no idea by what she means that she will be there." I say, folding the letter back up.

"Well we will find out soon enough." Fred tells me and I yawn loudly.

"Right I suppose we should let you get some sleep," Fred says, "anyway George and I have some plans to continue."

"Yeah, right, goodnight you lot." I say to the group and I walk up the stairs with the boys.

I step into the bathroom and get myself ready for bed as the boys discuss their plans and I snuggle myself up in Fred's bed falling asleep the quickest I have fell asleep in a long time.

- - - -

A/n: well I've been slowly writing this all day and it's now one in the morning, and I should get to sleep, I finally get my glasses tomorrow which will hopefully help my eyes stop aching when I write. Anyway I hope you all enjoy this chapter, next chapter is when Fred and George leave Hogwarts :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 1.4K 44
"We aren't friends?" Fred's tone was hard to read. "Well, I don't know, would you call us friends?" "Yeah?" I hummed thoughtfully. His face contor...
4.5K 432 28
Gwen has known the Weasley twins for years, more than that, she's been best friends with them, practically part of the family, but as their fifth yea...
2.3M 64.6K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
195K 3.3K 40
A Fred Weasley x Reader story. You are in your fifth year at Hogwarts and everything is going great. That is, until your boyfriend of seven months ch...