Popcorn

Galing kay SoundhariyaGS

Popcorn is prepared in the same heat, same oil and same pot and yet the kernels do not pop at the same time. ... Higit pa

Prelude
Aesthetics
1. Popcorn
2. Impromptu decisions
3. Mr Fireball!
4. Conflicting missions
5. We meet again
6. Small talks
7.Dazzling Diamonds vs Ravishing Rubies
8. Tit for tat
9. Team R
10. Banters
11. The better you
12. Parallel perspectives
13. Saccharine
14. A blind eye
15. Bittersweet coffee
16. Fleeting silence
17. Cuteness loaded
18. Win - Win
19. Breaking cups and hands
20. Battle between heart and mind
21. We aren't on the same page
22. Balance
23. Simple yet powerful
24. Letting go
25. Its a yes!
26. Celebrating small things
27. Lily and Winkles
28. A good different
29. Love isn't a fairytale
30. Delusion
31. Wings, Dreams and Happiness
33. Mumbai and Rains
34. Merging paths
35. Soft tendrils
36. Today or Never
37. Heart wants to
38. Neither Mr Perfect nor Mr Wrong
39. Perfect
40. Puffed kernels
Epilogue

32. Because he loved her

407 55 4
Galing kay SoundhariyaGS

 "Aditi."

Rakshan screamed dropping the tea cups down. Before Aditi could register the happenings, Rakshan pulled her arm roughly making her collide with his hard chest. Unable to balance the sudden thrust, both collapsed to the ground. Stumbling in their movements, they helped the other to stand up. While one was still yet to comprehend the situation, the other was raging as a bull.

"Where you out of your senses?" Rakshan exploded holding her shoulders tight, making Aditi flinch. His heart skipped a beat when he saw the car speeding towards her.

"Do you have any idea what would have happened to you?" Rakshan barked lowering his tone an inch, seeing her frightened expression.

"Thank you Rakshan." Aditi whispered coming out of the shock.

"Just shut up. That's not the answer to my question." Rakshan shouted, loosening his grip on her shoulders . Picking her phone from the ground, she bought a water bottle from the stall. Rakshan glowered at her as she opened the bottle and handed him the water to drink.

"Rakshan I'm alright. Why are you still worried?"

"Because I love you dammit!" His heart thundered.

"What?" He shouted to himself.

"I love Aditi." His soul calmly repeated.

"Rakshan, are you listening?" Aditi waved her hand vigorously bringing him back from his thoughts.

"Hmmm." Rakshan mused. He needed time to sort out his feelings but before that he had to check her.

"Are you hurt?" Rakshan probed checking her hands for any visible injuries. Aditi shook her head negatively. Opening the back seat of the car, she made him to sit.

"Are you hurt, Rakshan?" She inquired forwarding the bottle towards him. Rakshan motioned in a no and gulped the entire water.

"Rakshan, it was careless of me for not watching the road. I'm sorry and thank you, Mr Fireball. Now please calm down." Aditi pleaded hoping to reduce the anger in him.

"Aditi, it could have cost your life." He professed softly shaking his head at the end. Seeing her blench face, he added strictly, "Fine, this is the first and last time. Be careful."

"Thank you, Mr Fireball."

******

Rakshan knew love was not something that came as a bolt from the blue. It was a gradual process. Driving the car, he began pondering his thoughts to discover when he actually fell in love with her.

Was it when she unknowingly guided me in patching up with Bhai?

Was it when she left the last coconut sweet for me?

Was it when she selflessly worked with me for my dream project?

Was it when she took an extra effort to see me wining?

Was it when she accepted her fear to fall in love?

Was it when I wished for her to experience love?

But I know I had fallen for her.

Rakshan couldn't exactly pinpoint the moment, he fell in love with her  but he knew he loved her. He had fallen for her innocence, selflessness and above all for her pure heart. That's it he was in love. Simple and sweet but the task to make his partner to feel the same was an uphill task to be.

******

The morning loud beats in the car was replaced with a melodious tune. As the car halted before a traffic signal, Rakshan turned to look at Aditi who was stirring in her sleep. Her shiny black locks falling on her eyes distracted her sleep. He shifted closer to her and blew air on her face, making her hair move to the side. Her lips automatically twitched into a small smile making him to break into a grin. Sliding his head on the window pane, he admired the beauty sleeping beside him.

Juggling between a hectic work schedule and dreams, Rakshan had never given a thought to love. He never thought about the woman he wanted to live his life with. He smiled ruffling his hair looking at her, she was the woman with whom he wanted to spend rest of his life with.

"Aditi...." He whispered. It was a beautiful feeling. Truly magical. He liked that feeling of having someone close to his heart. Someone he would care for like his own. Someone whose presence he would cherish in his life. He was aware that someone who stole his heart was not ready for this. This journey was like treading a thin line.

He knew once Aditi gets to know about his love for her, like a wave she would run away from the seashore. It was her battle to fight her fears but he wasn't going to sit back. After all he was Rakshan Arya who never gives up.

The loud horn interrupted his thoughts, diverting his attention towards the road. The car stereo began playing Christina Perri's 'A thousand years'. Rakshan smiled listening to the music.

Step by step,

he was ready to teach her love,

even if it meant waiting for a millennium,

because he loved her.

******

Aditi rubbed her eyes waking up and found a smiling Rakshan looking at her. She rubbed her eyes again, to see if he was really smiling. She was now worried for him.

"Rakshan, are you alright?"

For a second Rakshan wondered whether his love for her was transparent on his face.

"Yes, why?" Rakshan quipped narrowing his eyes.

"I mean as much as I remembered lastly you were angry with me and now you're smiling at me."

"Aditi, I was not angry with you. I was worried for you." Rakshan sighed clasping his hands between his lap.

"Mr Fireball I'm all good. I will be careful next time. Now stop worrying and smile." Aditi commanded stressing on each word. Rakshan chuckled.

"That's like a good boy."

"Aditi, we have been staying in the car for the past fifteen minutes."

"What?" Aditi widened her eyes and saw their car parked in front of their house.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were sleeping." Rakshan answered shrugging his shoulders. Well, he didn't had the heart to disturb her peaceful sleep.

Aditi gave him a disbelieving look but didn't hide the smile creasing her lips and got down from the car. He grinned when he saw her waiting for him at the other side of the car. Getting down the car, he joined her.

"Mr Fireball.... thank you for saving my life and for everything today. I had a great time."

"Shhh Aditi! You thank too much. Lets go for dinner."

"You were suppose to say you're welcome Aditi. I too had a great day." Aditi pouted and walked to the door.

"This is one of the most special day of my life, Aditi." Rakshan mumbled under his breath. Scratching the back of his neck, he walked to her. He knew he loved her, he was ready to make her believe in love but he didn't knew what to do.

May be just go with the flow!

-------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S  NOTE

Hi guys!!

The above video (taken from YouTube) is Christina Perri's 'A thousand years'. A beautiful melody and one of my favourites. 

While writing this chapter, I felt this song connected with Rakshan and Aditi.

Do hear it and let me know your views.

See you soon. Keep smiling. 

: )

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

8.8K 1K 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
4.8K 791 18
**Keshavi Mishra × Arjun Sharma** Keshavi who is suffering from her insecurities and have trust issues towards men because of some...
738K 42.7K 54
(#1 of 'Thakur brother's series') "The day my eyes completed the journey of his eyes, I forgot all my pain..." ADVIKA SEN In my 22 years of life, I...
10.9K 596 44
People Say Life is a Circle and it sure is. But never take your life for Granted. Life teaches you a Life Long Lesson and it is you how you convert y...