Accidentally On Purpose

By sadscorpio07

When Hollis moved to California, she had never expected to fall in love with the charming football player, O... More

a few words.
chapter one ~ Hollis
Chapter two~Owen
Chapter three~ Hollis
Chapter four~Owen
Chapter five~ Hollis
Chapter six~ Owen
Chapter seven~Hollis
Chapter eight~Owen
Chapter nine~ Hollis
Chapter ten~ Owen
Chapter eleven~ Hollis
Chapter twelve~Owen
Chapter thirteen~ Hollis
Chapter fourteen~Owen
Chapter fifteen~Hollis
Chapter sixteen~ Owen
Chapter seventeen~ Hollis
Chapter nineteen~Hollis
Chapter twenty~ Owen
Chapter twenty-one ~Hollis
Chapter twenty-two~ Owen
Chapter twenty-three~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-four~ Owen
Chapter twenty-five~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-six~ Owen
Chapter twenty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-eight~ Owen
Chapter twenty-nine~ Hollis
Chapter thirty~ Owen
Chapter thirty-one~ Hollis
Chapter thirty-two~ Owen
Chapter thirty-three~ Hollis
Chapter thirty-four~ Owen
Chapter thirty-five~ Hollis
Chapter thirty-six~ Owen
Chapter thirty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter thirty eight~Owen
A NEW ERA
Chapter thirty-nine~Hollis
Chapter forty~Hollis
Chapter forty-one~ Hollis
Chapter forty-two~Owen
Chapter forty-three~ Hollis
Chapter forty-four~ Hollis
Chapter forty-five~ Hollis
Chapter forty-six~ Hollis
Chapter forty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter forty-eight~Hollis
Chapter forty-nine ~ Hollis
Chapter fifty~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-one~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-two~ Owen
Chapter fifty-three~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-four~Hollis
Epilogue~ Owen
Epilogue~ Hollis

Chapter eighteen~Owen

1K 18 10
By sadscorpio07

Hey guys! I know I normally write my own messages at the end of the chapter but I wanted to start this chapter off differently. In this chapter there's a scene of sexual assault. If this triggers you or you feel you may not be able to read it then please skip this chapter or atleast skip the last few paragraphs of this chapter.

Also I've been reading over my previous chapters and realized I'm a huge dumbass lmao. Originally  I made Owen's last name Windress and now its Windess, so sorry if there was any confusion.

Other than that thank you reading my story and clicking onto this new chapter. enjoy :)

xoxo sophie madeleine

I woke up and found myself looking at a completely different ceiling. I looked over and saw my beautiful girlfriend sleeping beside me and everything started to set in. Last night I lost my virginity. Oh my God. Last night I lost my virginity to Hollis.

Not that it was a bad thing.

I didn't imagine it like that but then again it couldn't have been more perfect.

Hollis started moving around and moved her head slowly so she was looking at me.

She had a tired and drowsy look on her face. 

"Morning." She said with a big yawn.

I smiled and moved some of her hair off her face, "Good morning Holls."

She yawned again and laid her head on my chest.

"How'd ya sleep?" I asked.

"We had sex last night." She said out of the blue.

"We did." I said while playing with her hair.

"Are you glad? Like you don't regret everything, right?" I added.

She shifted her body so she was laying on her side looking at me and kissed my cheek.

"I am glad, very glad O. And no I don't regret anything." She said.

"What time is it anyway?" She said yawning again.

"8:46 in the morning." I said looking at my phone.

"Ugh 8:46 in the morning." She groaned and pulled the covers up higher on her.

"It didn't hurt, right? Y'know last night." I asked again.

"Owen it did not hurt, promise. A little uncomfortable if anything, but that's normal, y'know." She rambled.

"But O seriously stop worrying. No more questions." She said giving me a kiss.

"Well technically you said and I quote, "No questions til the morning O. I wanna sleep."" I said with a smirk.

She groaned again, "Too early O."

I tickled her and started mimicking her voice, "Too early O. But seriously one more question."

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "Fine. One more and that's it."

I tried to hold a straight face, "Okay, was it good? Like I mean was my dick good?"

I could tell she was trying to hold back laughter and keep her composure straight. Then we made straight eye contact and we both bursted out in laughter.

"You're asking the wrong person O. I have nothing to compare it with." She said in between laughs.

I gave her a skeptical look, "Dude. Yes it was good. There's your daily ego boost for ya."

That just made me laugh even more because I would tell she was being awkward. But also it was early in the morning and I was in an extra good mood.

Suddenly in the midst of all our laughing we heard footsteps, "Copper stay downstairs. Mama's gonna be right back."

Esme.

Hollis and I looked at each other with the same panicked look in our eyes.

She started pushing me, "Bed. Get under the bed."

I started to scramble under her bed quickly, while she grabbed my clothes off the ground and hid them. That's when it all dawned on me that I was ass naked right now and if Esme found me it wouldn't be good. 

"Holls throw a shirt on or something." I whisper yelled from under the bed.

She kicked it a little bit, "Shhh. I know."

The door opened and I saw Esme walk in.

"Holli can we talk?" Esme asked

"Uh yeah sure." Hollis replied with what sounded like uncertainty.

At least that what it would sound like to everybody else, I knew it as a nervous and anxious answer, considering I was under her bed naked.

Esme walked in further and sat down on the bed, her feet dangling inches from my face.

"Look yesterday was our first not being our regular whole family. It was a hard enough year and I thought I would have all my girls. When you said you were going off with Owen, it reminded me of myself as a teenager, not being there when your family needs you. And I just hate that. You can hang out with Owen tonight if you want." Esme started on.

I felt guilty being under here while she was pouring some of her heart out.

"I'm sorry mom. It wont happen again, you just made a promise and I thought you'd keep your word on that. I was just pissed off to be honest." Hollis said bluntly.

"Understandably so. Periods suck." Esme replied standing up to go.

"Yep." Hollis said.

Just then I heard my phone start going off, playing its obnoxious ringtone that I always forgot to change.

Hollis declined and Esme asked, "Hollis, whose phone is that?" 

Hollis had a pastel yellow phone where mine was a black color. I now started to worry that we were going to get caught now

Almost caught in the lie Hollis responded with, "Mine. Lyn stuffed a new phone case in my stocking since mine is all beat up."

Nice save, I thought.

Esme walked to the door, "Oh well I'll be downstairs with Copper if you need me. Yell if you need a heating pad or Tylenol."

"Will do. Thanks mom. Oh and also it's not so bad being like you."

Esme probably smiled and nodded and then the door shut.

I slid out from under the door and Hollis bursted out with laughter.

I started laughing as well and put my finger over my lips.

I got up and sat down when Hollis threw some pants at me.

"Go put some clothes on." She said

I started putting the underwear that I found stuffed under her cover, "Why are you too distracted?"

"Oh yes. How'd ya know?" She said with a with a smile.

I chuckled and sat back down when I finished getting clothed.

Hollis had thrown her hair in  a messy bun and was now scrolling on Instagram.

She threw her phone down on the bed and sighed, "You should probably get going soon.

"Yeah probably. Want to hang out later though, maybe a round two?" I suggested.

"Who would've known my boyfriend was so horny." She said with a laugh.

"Just making up for the past almost two decades of my life." I joked.

I rested my head on her chest and looked up at her with a smile, "Pleaseeee."

"Obviously we're hanging out later." She said giving me a kiss.

"Syd said her and Mona were hanging at her house later with the guys, we can go if you want." She added.

"That sounds good. We can come back here later or something." I suggested.

Hollis looked at me like she was going to start laughing again.

"I can already see the episode title, "Owen Windess and his strange addiction to sex."" 

Hollis was probably the most sarcastic person I knew, especially in the morning. From many early mornings spent together at school or home, she tended to be extra sarcastic and make more offensive jokes in the mornings. I was used to her jokes by now.

"Haha very funny. I should get going though." I said to her.

"Ahh yeah probably." She responded.

"Real question is how do I get out." I said.

"The question of the day. Brooklyn's room though. Here I'll help ya out." She responded getting up.

She grabbed my hand and I grabbed my shoes and phone and we walked into Brooklyn's room.

I hadn't ever really been in Brooklyn's room but really fit her personality.

"Out the window, I'm assuming. Unless she has some hidden passageway through the closet." I said to Hollis.

"As uncool as it is, the window. You just climb the tree and you'll see the rest."

I passed her my sneakers and put my phone in my pocket, "Can you throw these down to me?"

She took them and opened the window, "You got it."

"Don't fall and die though, okay?" She added.

"It's twenty feet, a bunch of broken bones max. No dying today, I promise." I said 

I started climbing out, "Hey no kiss?"

I smiled and leaned in and kissed her. I continued climbing out and reached the tree.

I was about eight feet from the ground when I lost grip and fell. I fell the the ground with a loud thump and landed my bad.

"Shit." I said out of frustration.

"O are you okay?" Hollis whisper yelled down to me.

I gave her the thumbs up but it hurt like a bitch. She tossed down my sneakers and I caught the first one, the second one landed a few feet away from me.

I sat on the ground for a second trying to regain my energy.

I got up after a minute and yelled up to Hollis, "I'll call you later!"

"Okay, love you!!" She yelled back.

"Love you more!" I yelled as I went into the bushes and back to my car.

..........

"Where have you been?" My mom asked when I stepped through the doorway.

Shit. Did she know?

I shut the door behind me, "Beck's, Nathan was being an ass and wanted someone to stay over."

She gave me a skeptical look, "Cut the shit Owen. I know you were at Holli's."

Okay, how?

I gave her a look and started pulling my phone out, "Okay maybe I went over at some point last night. How long am I grounded"

She shook her head, "You're not but I just wanted you to tell the truth. I didn't raise you to be a liar O."

"Oh." I added, "How'd you know?"

"I was a teenager too. Also you don't have to be smart to figure that one out." She pointed out.

"Does Esme know too then." I asked for Hollis' sake.

"Yep. We came across that conclusion together."

Why'd she pretend then? She would've flipped out, or at least made some type of comment. Some weird shit was going on.

I kind of just stood there lost in my thoughts for awhile because my mom finally spoke up.

"Go shower, you kind of smell not gonna lie." She said in her usual tone.

That was the mother I knew and loved.

"Thanks mom." I said walking up the stairs to my room.

When I walked towards my room I saw Liam's door open and walked in.

"Hey. What's up?" He asked as I walked in.

"Nothing. Just got home." I said.

He nodded.

"Anyway, Hollis said you and the rest of the group were hanging out at Sydney's. It cool if we tag along?" I asked.

"Well duh, open invitation obviously O." He said in a nonchalant tone.

"Right." I nodded.

"Okay that's solved then. Anything else?" He asked.

"Nope."

"Get out then, no offense but you should probably take a shower." He said giving me an up down look.

"Seriously why is everyone saying that, I literally do not." I complained.

He shrugged and pointed towards the door.

I groaned in complaint but to be honest a shower didn't sound too bad. It would probably help my back anyway.

So to the shower I now went.

.............

I was showered, dressed and ready to go for when Beck got here. Of course half the day went by and it was now eight at night. Either way, he was picking up Hollis and Mona and then was going to grab me and Liam on their way to Sydney's.

"Hey Owen." Esme said as I walked down

Okay but when was Esme not over. It seemed she was always here or my mom was at her house. This had its pro's and con's.

"Hey." I said, "Mom Liam and I were heading out to hang out with the girls and Beck, that cool?"

My mom looked at Esme who just shrugged.

"Yeah that's alright. Be back around midnight-ish though."

I nodded, "Yep, thanks mom." 

I don't know why I ever really considered her strict, having a young mom has its many advantages.

"William get down here!" I yelled up the stairs.

He started running down the stairs, "Owen. Don't ever call me that again, please."

William was his full first name. I never personally liked my full name, Owen August Windess but it was definitely an upgrade from his. William Anka Windess, courtesy of father and his love for Paul Anka or just his hatred toward his son.

"Beck's here." I said peeking out the window.

"Then off we go." Liam said walking out the door.

"Right."

I ran over and kissed my mom the head, "Bye mom, bye Esme. Will I see you here later?" 

She held up her glass of wine, "We'll see how we down this."

I laughed, "Sounds good. See you guys later."

"Yup, bye O." My mom yelled as I ran out the door.

I ran up to the car and saw Mona sitting next to Beck in the front seat.

"Get in loser!" Mona said with a smirk.

"Haha good one." I said with an unamused smile.

"Oooh you remembered that movie quote, I've trained you  well." Hollis added from the backseat.

I opened the door and slid into the seat beside her. I gave her a quick kiss on the lips and held her hand.

"Ew haven't we had enough PDA over these pass few months." Liam said from beside her.

He looked up to the front and saw Beck and Mona holding hands while he was driving.

"God what have I gotten myself into. Can you drive faster so I can see my girlfriend and get out of this car." Liam said.

"You can always walk if you wanted." Beck replied.

Liam scooted as close to the window as he could and just looked out, avoiding us.

I looked back at Hollis and paid closer attention to her. She was now wearing a short nude colored dress with a jean jacket and her white and maroon converse. She was also wearing her promise ring.

"Wait I wanna see something." She said pulling our hands apart.

She brought them back together but seemed to be measuring the sizes against each other.

My hand was way bigger compared to hers. 

She pulled out her phone and took a picture, she then entwined our gands back together.

"Damnnn. You have big hands Windess." She teased.

"Nuh uh, you just have unusually small ones Green." I teased back.

She laughed and rested her head on my shoulder.

I loved the small moments with Hollis, much like this.

I opened Instagram and saw the picture that Hollis took and couldn't help but smile.

Hollis. Green: "Damnnnn, you have big hands Windess."           

Owen.Windess: I spy a promise ring . Wonder who got that for you 👀

...................

We got to Sydney's about ten minutes later, she lived on the other side of town.

We'd been here for a few hours and the night so far consisted of random games ranging from kiss, marry, kill to Just Dance. I'd be lying if I said we weren't drinking, not that we had alot, only the few small wine coolers that Mona snuck in. 

I was laying on the couch and Hollis was sitting on the floor leaning against the couch, she insisted she'd rather sit there.

"We'll be right back." Beck suddenly announced holding Mona's hand.

Liam laughed, "Where are y-" He realized, "Oh."

Sydney groaned, "Guys seriously, ew. My parents are home."

Beck and Mona started walking up the stairs, " We'll be quiet, promise."

Sydney yelled back, "Fine but don't you dare you my bedroom."

The door shut at the top of the stairs.

"I swear to God if they get caught." Sydney started.

"We're never letting them live this down." Hollis commented.

"Oh for sure, I'm forever making fun of them for this." Sydney said

Liam shook his head, "Are we seriously the only ones with some class?

I sat up, "You two are having sex?"

Sydney looked over an gave him a dirty look.

"Uh no, totally not. Virginity rocks." He said quickly.

I knew he was lying through his teeth, he'd always been a bad liar but it was even more obvious to me since I was his brother.

Hollis spoke up this time, "So your having sex? And c'mon Liam, you're like the worst liar ever."

I nodded, she had a point.

Sydney groaned, "Yes we're having sex or had sex. Not that we were telling anyone."

Liam scratched the back of his neck, it seemed like we brought up a sensitive topic.

Hollis didn't seem to catch on tough, she'd always been a little oblivious.

"Wait, whats up? Are you guys fine?"

Liam answered this time, "Yes everything's fine, we just did it abruptly and it wasn't right for us. We're waiting for the right time in our relationship to try it again."

Sydney nodded, "While we're on this topic, what about you guys?"

I looked at Hollis and she shrugged.

"Yep, virgin couple is no more." She replied.

"Oh nice. Shall we throw some celebratory dinner for you guys?" Liam said sarcastically.

I flipped him off jokingly and Hollis replied with, "Aww thanks Lee that would be great. Just give me a date and time."

I laughed and so did Sydney.

Then a loud thump came from upstairs along with yelling

"Sydney Susanna Marrien!" 

"Shit." She mumbled.

"Be right there!" Sydney yelled back "You guys should probably leave now unless you want to face my parents."

"Beck's our ride though." Hollis pointed out.

"Well they just fucked me over so he can figure it out." Sydney said running up the stairs.

So that's what we did. We snuck out through the basement cellar door and took Beck's car home. Liam insisted on staying so Sydney had someone, even if he got fucked over.

We stuck to the plan and were driving to Hollis's.

"Shit." She said out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked

"Sydney just texted me. Her parents walked in on them having sex on their bed." She replied while typing on her phone.

"They what?" I said wide-eyed.

She nodded, "Mhm. Her dad walked in and saw the two of them, and you heard the yelling."

"Jesus." I mumbled.

"Yep, also Beck's pissed that we left without him." She said as I pulled onto her street.

"He'll get over it by tomorrow. He must've been hella buzzed from the wine coolers to do that though."

"Um yeah. Hella fucking buzzed." She laughed as I pulled into their driveway.

Her laughing stopped and she suddenly freezed.

I looked closer and saw a black pickup truck sitting in the driveway.

"Hollis do you know whose that is?" I asked her as I put the car in park.

She stayed there frozen.

"Hollis." I said more urgently.

"Connor."

Connor.  I barely recognized the name but I suddenly remembered it as the name of Brooklyn's ex boyfriend. He was really toxic and angry when they moved away.

"We have to go inside. He could've done something bad to something or someone in there." She said in between paced breaths.

I nodded, "Okay, stand behind me closely though."

She nodded and we got out of the car.

The door was unlocked when we got up there and as much as I wanted to beleive everything was fine, this wasn't a good sign.

We checked the house downstairs area and everything seemed fine. Then upstairs we went. When we reached the top of the stairs, I heard a low muffled crying.

Then we walked into a scene that I wish nobody would ever have to see.

I saw a guy over Brooklyn. He had her pinned and she was unable to move. He was raping her.

I immediately ran up and trying pushing him off her when my fists collided with his face. He started punching back with strong force and my vision blurred.

Hollis ran up to her sister and moved her to the corner of the room, cradling her in her arms.

He pushed me away from him and started bolting down the stairs.

I chased him throughout the house, when he shoved me and I fell. I got up and followed after him. When I got outside his car was already starting and he was speeding away. 

As much as I hated to let him get away, there was no point in trying to outrun a truck. I took a mental note of his license plate though.

AU4781

I kept repeating that sequence of numbers in my head, I ran into the kitchen and fumbled around for a pen and paper. I found a sharpie in a random drawer and just wrote it down on my arm.

I ran back upstairs and into Brooklyn's room, and saw Brooklyn crying in Hollis's arms in the corner of the room. 

I sat down beside them and we sat in silence.

No talking, just the sound of the air conditioning and Brooklyn's crying.

What the hell was going to happen next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

791K 2.1K 8
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...
352 12 10
Evie was the wild child of the bunch. She was always everywhere and doing everything, all so she could pour it into her writing. Being a writer was t...
25.7K 1.4K 50
WARNING. THIS WAS MY FIRST EVER STORY THAT I WROTE WHEN I WAS LIKE FIFTEEN. WHILE I AM VERY PROUD OF IT, IT CAN STILL HAVE SOME CRINGE WTF MOMENTS. S...
29K 1.6K 16
**READ AMBER & HER BALLER FIRST** Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same ~ Emily Bronte Catherine: At nearly 17yrs of age, I wasn...